• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I have all 3 Hot Toys Batman and Joker figs on pre-order. Can't wait for that one to show up. I will not be tempted into getting the re-breather Batman, no way I'm paying 230 for just a mouth piece.

I have all 3 Hot Toys Batman and Joker figs on pre-order. Can't wait for that one to show up. I will not be tempted into getting the re-breather Batman, no way I'm paying 230 for just a mouth piece.

The re-breather comes with the special edition version of Deadshot.
Hot-Toys-Suicide-Squad-Deadshot-022.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That's cheap for an OOP 1/6 scale figure Dig what're you even talking about.

Haloid pls you told us on LINE you were going to respond to the discussion with your never-ending lust for the Hot Toys Batmobiles you missed but were too scared someone would post pics of theirs making you eternally jelly

Nice pics as always.

Thank you.

Fake edit: Top of the page so I'm gonna move my discussion topic here!

If you could splurge and buy something you've always wanted, no matter how crazy expensive it was, what would it be? For me, it's the Medicom Real Action Heroes Rocketeer Version 2.0.

I'm an absolute sucker for anything Rocketeer, and as decent as the Legacy Rocketeer is for the price, I've always salivated over owning one of the RAH Rocketeers. Strangely the 1.0 release was super barebones with no accessories. The superior 2.0 version utilizes the newer RAH 301 body, adding weathering to the helmet and jacket, along with two extra hands and his trademark Mauser C96. They even added the signature chewing gum to the rocket pack, something strangely missing from the first release. There's a 2.5 version, but it strangely makes the helmet super orange and weird looking.

Maybe it's not the most expensive thing imaginable (RAH figures are pretty high up though), but he's pretty OOP and expensive.

Just writing this post has made me want him more and more uh oh what I have I done I might pull the trigger help

That Rocketeer is really awesome looking. I think it would be awesome to have him. Shame there are no 1/6th scale figures for the Phantom, Tarzan or The Shadow to go along with him.

My choice would probably be Hot Toys Blade.

Zmi00H8.jpg

I mean, he's only going for $750 and up in the secondary market...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Jesus. That got me wondering what the most expensive Hot Toys piece is. So far the highest I've found was Vito Corleone with his office chair and cat.

Anth0ny

not a figure, but this:

dep250a-zhtkjf.jpg

Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time. I have the F4F Skull Kid and it's awesome. Fierce Deity Link goes for about $1000 CAD :(

Yarbskoo

Not a figure, but there's also that sexy Metroid Prime gunship.
xnicGwH.jpg

I'd never pay $300 for it, but I'd still love to have one, even though I don't have anywhere to put it.

Why Nintendo doesn't release smaller mass market vehicles is beyond my understanding.

Awwww yeah Zulith! Grats!
I mean you told us in LINE already but it's time to celebrate!

Fake edit: Top of the page so I'm gonna move my discussion topic here!

If you could splurge and buy something you've always wanted, no matter how crazy expensive it was, what would it be? For me, it's the Medicom Real Action Heroes Rocketeer Version 2.0.

Only figures I want are the Dark Knight Joker and 1989 Joker by Hot Toys.

SuperSah

Banned
Careful. Some eBay listings are for fake figures.

I had a look - the dude's track record is pretty high and has confirmed to me it's still a sealed original import.

It seems real and he has a 30-day returns policy so if it is a fake I can return it, but it seems pretty legit to me.

Thank you.

That Rocketeer is really awesome looking. I think it would be awesome to have him. Shame there are no 1/6th scale figures for the Phantom, Tarzan or The Shadow to go along with him.

My choice would probably be Hot Toys Blade.

Zmi00H8.jpg

I mean, he's only going for $750 and up in the secondary market...

Your in luck a company did an almost full recast of Blade and its excellent quality. Best part its $140 http://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=912&search=Blade

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Grats Sah! Now buy more things! Moooooooooore thiiiiiiiiiiiings!

TTTR

Worth noting that it's designed by comic creator Ashley Wood.
i bet Ash will drop some more limited versions and probably one (or more) nude chase figures because why the fuck not. :D

ahhh had good times when ash dropped what he wanted when he wanted.
does anyone know if thats still the case? been out of the game for a long time.

[EDIT] widow looks good!
I'm in for a Lasstronaut-Widow chase figure!

Worth noting that it's designed by comic creator Ashley Wood.

Yeah,I always wanted to pick up one of his female figures,loved the long legs lol. This might be the one to grab. There is another figure I really liked from 3A its a tall lizard guy with big ole eyes and a swap out gas mask head. Not sure whats its called or if its been released yet.

Sawneeks

Banned
not a figure, but this:

Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time. I have the F4F Skull Kid and it's awesome. Fierce Deity Link goes for about $1000 CAD :(

Nearly all of the F4F Zelda statues go for ridiculous prices now. Their exclusive TP Link on Epona goes for well over $2000 US now. :(

I wish they would re-release some of their older statues again. Their Red Link and Skull Kid ones are really really nice.

Daingurse

Just got the S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 2001, i.e. GMK Godzilla, and man I'm really happy. This thing is beastly. I always loved this film and this design, so I;m pleased to see it captured so well. The only flaw I can even see, is that the pot belly isn't big enough lol. Otherwise, this thing is awesome.

I gotta say they nailed the eyes. It truly is, like looking into the eyes of death. They're perfect!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Y5ac47B.png

Model kits count as action figures too, right? I hope I don't screw it up.

Mmm, that Skell. It's definitely an action figure since it transforms too! I wish I had the patience for it--I'd much rather have a big transforming figure of it. Best of luck and remember to post updates!

Yarbskoo

Mmm, that Skell. It's definitely an action figure since it transforms too! I wish I had the patience for it--I'd much rather have a big transforming figure of it. Best of luck and remember to post updates!

So far, so good.
fS6iST4.png

I'm glad they included that little splash of orange there, because I don't plan on painting anything.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for the inevitable figma BotW Link announcement! Buy all the Links. ALL OF THEM.

Yarbskoo

Almost done. Just need to finish that last leg and it'll be ready for the final assembly. After that, it's just the stand and weapons left.
ws0KI6t.png

It's fun seeing how all the pieces fit together as the model takes shape. Some of these parts take quite a bit of force to snap together, which just makes it that more difficult when I realize I did something wrong and need to separate them again.

New002

So I'm in the early stages of planning a 2017 Japan trip and one thing I want to do while there is check out some shops for figures.

Do any of you guys and gals have recommendations as far as must visit stores?

It looks like a lot of what I want to do is in Akihabara, but I'm open to wherever.

Specifically, I'd love to pick up some Berserk figures, but would like to check out anything really.

Thanks!

NEO0MJ

Almost done. Just need to finish that last leg and it'll be ready for the final assembly. After that, it's just the stand and weapons left.
ws0KI6t.png

It's fun seeing how all the pieces fit together as the model takes shape. Some of these parts take quite a bit of force to snap together, which just makes it that more difficult when I realize I did something wrong and need to separate them again.

Good job so far. I admit you're working much faster than me. Why not check out the model kit thread?

Top Bottom