• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That Rocketeer is great.

Anyway, this came in the mail today.

Nice, KDash! Hope I can find him and Bucky at Walmart--those Legends are always such a pain!

Rocketeer is definitely an amazing figure. I was worried about an unopened decade old RAH being fragile, but the 301 body really is superb! My only complaint is that the included stand is super wobbly and weak, which is why I see people slapping custom decals on a Hot Toys stand.

I think I need that Rocketeer. Looks great.

y8TFxBp.gif

Make sure you know the differences between the versions! 1.0 is the basic older body that has a clean paint finish but only includes the closed fists and no gum on the rocket pack. I guess it's supposed to be a just-became-the-Rocketeer figure before all the wear and tear. 2.0 is the one to get for sure--it's on the newer RAH 301 body with a more film-accurate helmet paint job, two extra hands, his Mauser, and gum on the rocket pack. 2.5 is basically 2.0 with smaller buttons but a strangely super orange helmet.

SuperSah

Banned
Okay, I'm looking for a products name for my brother.

Recently some DC figures hit US stores, I think it was Target or Walmart or something? They're not expensive but seem to be very popular. Can someone tell me the product line?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Found a Spider-Gwen today at a Toys R Us that was just restocked. I think it lasted more than 10 minutes because the package had some damage on the bottom. The employees took the Deadpools from what I heard.

Nice, KDash! Hope I can find him and Bucky at Walmart--those Legends are always such a pain!

I found six Buckys and six Falcons at one Walmart a couple weeks ago. I didn't know anyone here was looking. I mentioned it at the time.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I'm looking for a products name for my brother.

Recently some DC figures hit US stores, I think it was Target or Walmart or something? They're not expensive but seem to be very popular. Can someone tell me the product line?

Are you thinking of the new Mattel DC Comics Multiverse 6" wave? The most recent one is the Build-a-Figure Doomsday with Supergirl, TDKR Robin, and Superman Doomed being the first three of the wave to be out.

I found six Buckys and six Falcons at one Walmart a couple weeks ago. I didn't know anyone here was looking.

PLS

My Walmarts haven't gotten them in yet. Time to hunt more!

New002

There's literally hundreds of places to buy figures. Mandarake Galaxy is one of the best, for figures and other stuff. There's a place called Hobby Paradise near the station, they have boxes for people to sell second-hand stuff, you can find all kinds of things there. I also found a place called Figure Hobby Palace near the next station north. There's also Kotobukiya for newer stuff.

http://www.beardednerd.se/nordshopping-i-tokyo/ (article is in Swedish but you can find Google links to those places there)

I don't recall seeing Berserk stuff (including the recent Figmas) but I wasn't looking either. You could probably spend days looking in all the stores around there, but generally those I mentioned should be a good bet.

Thank you much :)

I've been going to Walmart regularly for the past two months trying to find them and the Suicide Squad Rick Flag and Diablo. I ended up just ordering everyone on Amazon, except for Diablo, which I might order soon.
Are you thinking of the new Mattel DC Comics Multiverse 6" wave? The most recent one is the Build-a-Figure Doomsday with Supergirl, TDKR Robin, and Superman Doomed being the first three of the wave to be out.
Dark Knight Returns Armored Batman from that wave is also available. If you can find that wave at Walmart, they might still be $5, along with the Justice Buster wave (TV Flash, TV Arrow, TV Reverse Flash, Zero Year Batman, Earth 23 Superman, and Endgame Joker). All I found from the new wave was Robin.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Awe damn, BAF King Shark. Do these companies ever just outright release these BAF figures whole down the line?

Very rarely. A recent example would be the SDCC-exclusive set The Raft with the Abomination BAF as one of the figures. But yeah, it's rare.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
KING SHARK WAVE

DCC pls if Mattel makes a Grodd before you I will be so upset
and give them my money

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
DC Collectibles could probably announce a Grodd right now, and Mattel would still have one out earlier. Hah.

Ugh, I know. Took so long for some DCTV figures to come out that they had already drastically changed on the shows. Diggle was the last figure I bought from the DCTV range, and you can definitely tell the sculpting and QC have gone down a notch. What's insane is that the newer figures have been regressing in posability. King Shark coming May 2098! Grodd coming June 3074!

DCC pls

Very rarely. A recent example would be the SDCC-exclusive set The Raft with the Abomination BAF as one of the figures. But yeah, it's rare.

Thanks,might have to bite the Ebay bullet on this guy. Id be in heaven it Hot Toys could give us King Shark in 1/6 scale...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks,might have to bite the Ebay bullet on this guy. Id be in heaven it Hot Toys could give us King Shark in 1/6 scale...

The King Shark wave is actually pretty solid
outside of Hawkman the greatest most bland jobber of all time
. That TDKR Joker alt head is probably the best headsculpt on a Mattel DC figure! I will admit that even though Mattel isn't as high quality as DCC at times, the fun factor in posing is way better than am-I-going-to-snap-the-joint DCC stuff.

And Mattel actually release things.

I hope Damian Wayne Robin is as common as the TRU exclusive Suicide Squad wave--I need that Hammerhead...head!

The King Shark wave is actually pretty solid
outside of Hawkman the greatest most bland jobber of all time
. That TDKR Joker alt head is probably the best headsculpt on a Mattel DC figure! I will admit that even though Mattel isn't as high quality as DCC at times, the fun factor in posing is way better than am-I-going-to-snap-the-joint DCC stuff.

And Mattel actually release things.

I hope Damian Wayne Robin is as common as the TRU exclusive Suicide Squad wave--I need that Hammerhead...head!

I agree the line looks great I just dont collect at that scale. I want that Zoom figure too and buying that would lead to more and more,its a dangerous can of worms to open for me lol. Been fighting the urge to have a huge Marvel universe collection for years,its tough.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I agree the line looks great I just dont collect at that scale. I want that Zoom figure too and buying that would lead to more and more,its a dangerous can of worms to open for me lol. Been fighting the urge to have a huge Marvel universe collection for years,its tough.

Yeah, but...

Buy all the things.

All of them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
What is all this Mattel talk this page are we that desperate now good lord.

I want their TDKR Armored Batman can't lie.

Ebenezoid Scrooge, famed curmudgeon, emerges from his ivory tower upon receiving a telegram about a new Hot Toys product.

"Dern kids, get off me lawn!"

buy it you know you want to

Releasing in a few days: 8/31
MQzf9W9.jpg

VF-31J from Macross Delta
The figure that is impossible to pre-order (releasing December 2016)
if anyone managed to get one, you're one lucky dude =)

1qrWyD5.jpg

SD8vIjY.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Wishlisted meta knight... Thankfully nendo don't sell out usually. I'll probably order him... hmmm. I have Kirby, Mario, Luigi, MM Link, WW Link and a lot of others, so yeah.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm glad most Nintendo Nendoroids are plentiful. Sure beats having to hunt down one of those old Tomy magnetic Kirby figures that go for hundreds of dollars for your scaled Smash collection!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
OH MY GOOOODDODDODODODDDDDDDD

Does AmiAmi charge if you cancel preorders?

Rule #1: Don't anger AmiAmi! You can't cancel unless you beg or you're a renegade like Zombine who keeps poking the beast by not paying or cancelling ZOMBINE PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SuperSah

Banned
HLJ is like Japan's BBTS they don't charge on release you can cancel anytime and you can combine orders like a Pile of Loot system.

Nice so to confirm it will be charged on shipment so nothing to worry about now?

Rule #1: Don't anger AmiAmi! You can't cancel unless you beg or you're a renegade like Zombine who keeps poking the beast by not paying or cancelling ZOMBINE PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

They sound kinda awful, no?

Thanks! Just preordered and selected private warehouse. I assume this is what lets me make bulk orders?

Private Warehouse as an option allows you to pay for an order when it comes in stock, but is held back for shipping until you tell them to ship it, allowing for other items to be combined with it and thus save on shipping.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They sound kinda awful, no?

Cancellation-wise, yes, but AmiAmi is my favorite, especially for all that sweet sweet preowned. All my JoJo figures have been "preowned" A/B quality AKA basically unopened. I only order what I know I 100% want from AmiAmi, so cancellations have never crossed my mind.

SuperSah

Banned
Cancellation-wise, yes, but AmiAmi is my favorite, especially for all that sweet sweet preowned. All my JoJo figures have been "preowned" A/B quality AKA basically unopened. I only order what I know I 100% want from AmiAmi, so cancellations have never crossed my mind.

That makes sense. I tend to be pretty indecisive so having cancellation is a nifty tool.

As you can tell my my avatar, MK is my favourite thing ever so this Nendo is HHHYYYYPPPPEEEEEEE :DDDDD

Private Warehouse as an option allows you to pay for an order when it comes in stock, but is held back for shipping until you tell them to ship it, allowing for other items to be combined with it and thus save on shipping.

Thank you!! I'm new to this so excuse me, appreciate the help. :)

Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbuster Figures

Release :
Dec. 2016 - Feb. 2017

Ghostbusters Special Pack: USD $896
[BW-UMS10101 ] – Peter Venkman Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
[BW-UMS10102 ] – Raymond Stantz Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
[BW-UMS10103 ] – Egon Spengler Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
[BW-UMS10104 ] – Winston Zeddemore Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
Special Gifts of Slimer with stand, Police barricade ,and ‘No Ghost’ sign light with strap on the top.

Ghostbusters Dr. 3 Pack: USD $672
Special Gift : Slimer with stand

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbuster Figures

Release :
Dec. 2016 - Feb. 2017

Ghostbusters Special Pack: USD $896
[BW-UMS10104 ] – Winston Zeddemore Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
Special Gifts of Slimer with stand, Police barricade ,and ‘No Ghost’ sign light with strap on the top.

Ghostbusters Dr. 3 Pack: USD $672
Special Gift : Slimer with stand
Jeeeeeeesus... 900 bucks for the set of 4???? God damn. Into my veins they go. When can I order these?

Top Bottom