• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Fjordson

Funny this is brought up as I decided to give him another pose tonight. Such an awesome figure.
Awesome pose.

I have that black version of him also, incredible figure.

I also bought the One:12 Judge Dredd. Really good.

1927.Jpg

Zombine

Banned
I have Dredd, the special edition of TDKR Batman, and this set:

b15.jpg

The mezco figures aren't universally good. It all depends on the character.

Funny this is brought up as I decided to give him another pose tonight. Such an awesome figure.
These photos actually perfectly encapsulate my problems with cloth at 1/12 scale. No definition in the body sculpt, large unsightly stitching under the arms and up the side of the torso, cape doesn't match the cowl texture, and unless I'm mistaken it also doesn't look like the cape is hemmed.

Glad others like em, but they're not for me.

Yarbskoo

Got my figma ALBW Link DX. I actually really like this box design.
je7XOoZ.png

It's the smallest figma I've got, but it makes up for with a ton of accessories.
snuuCTh.png
OXYgvyt.png
KnmUkNP.png
bgBeN7I.png
Do3zC1O.png
vgAUIUC.png

It's smaller than the Skyward Sword figma, but in some ways it's actually easier to pose. The hair piece is a lot easier to remove, the shield straps are less likely to pop out, and the peg for the master sword's grip is shaped so that it only goes in one way.

Bring on the Twilight Princess Link.

SuperSah

Banned
Got my figma ALBW Link DX. I actually really like this box design.
je7XOoZ.png

It's the smallest figma I've got, but it makes up for with a ton of accessories.
snuuCTh.png
OXYgvyt.png
KnmUkNP.png
bgBeN7I.png
Do3zC1O.png
vgAUIUC.png

It's smaller than the Skyward Sword figma, but in some ways it's actually easier to pose. The hair piece is a lot easier to remove, the shield straps are less likely to pop out, and the peg for the master sword's grip is shaped so that it only goes in one way.

Bring on the Twilight Princess Link.

Hnnnnghhhhh. Will be passing though as I have other figma in my line up. TP Link looks absolute BOSS and will sit well with my SS Link. Nice buy!

SuperSah

Banned
I caved in and pre-ordered the re-run Lucina. She arrives a month late at UK resellers due to shipping etc. After seeing her selling out instantly on GSC's site and others, it was wise to get in now, especially as a third re-run most certainly is not happening.

Yarbskoo

I caved in and pre-ordered the re-run Lucina. She arrives a month late at UK resellers due to shipping etc. After seeing her selling out instantly on GSC's site and others, it was wise to get in now, especially as a third re-run most certainly is not happening.

It's a great figure, probably the most visually complex figma I own. It's a bit light on accessories, but there's a lot of detail, both sculpted and painted.
FQ8tHas.png

Bii

My Figma Lucina is still sealed. :x

I need to get Ultron Prime at some point. Thanks for the pic.

I was lucky enough to find all 6 Marvel Legends to build Giant Man, but the arms won't attach to the torso. The holes where the arms are seated are much too big. Has anyone else had this issue? Am I missing a piece or something?

Been considering getting the Real Action Heroes Elsa, but that price makes it out of the question now. I hope it doesn't rise before I finally have the opportunity to get one.
XjDWjqD.jpg

FIGURE-012734_04.jpg

Also seen the Figma, but I don't like it.

FIGURE-021253_06.jpg

Yarbskoo

Been considering getting the Real Action Heroes Elsa, but that price makes it out of the question now. I hope it doesn't rise before I finally have the opportunity to get one.
XjDWjqD.jpg

FIGURE-012734_04.jpg

FIGURE-021253_06.jpg

I like the figma, but not enough to buy it with all of the others on the horizon.

DemiMatt

XjDWjqD.jpg

FIGURE-012734_04.jpg

They used to use recycled plastics and their joints would break immediately. Not sure if they upped their production quality, but the last one I bought broke straight out of the box. It was the MGS3 Brick Camo Snake.

http://i.imgur.com/XjDWjqD.jpg
http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/153//FIGURE-012734_04.jpg

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/163//FIGURE-021253_06.jpg

I have RAH Anna and she's awesome. Elsa should arrive tomorrow. The price is steep for sure, but if you can afford it, it's worth it. If not, I'd consider the Figma instead. Or the Nendoroids. Those are pretty good too.

I need to get RAH Rocketeer next.

They used to use recycled plastics and their joints would break immediately. Not sure if they upped their production quality, but the last one I bought broke straight out of the box. It was the MGS3 Brick Camo Snake.

I got the RAH Miku and shes was fine. Had the pigtail come off once, but nothing that serious. It snapped right back on.

I have RAH Anna and she's awesome. Elsa should arrive tomorrow. The price is steep for sure, but if you can afford it, it's worth it. If not, I'd consider the Figma instead. Or the Nendoroids. Those are pretty good too.

I need to get RAH Rocketeer next.

I plan on getting this, but I don't want to wait till its too late and the price gets ridiculous. I have considered getting the Nenderoid, and maybe the figma down the line. I would like to add more to my Elsa collection, but right now I am eyeing the RAH ahead of them because of the price.

Bii

Broke off the ball joint wrist connection on my Hot Toys Phasma's right hand. :(

Should have read the instructions before messing with it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Figuarts Han will be mine, as will MAFEX RotJ Boba Fett, Rey and Kylo.

Top Bottom