• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

SeanC

Nice those GB figures are getting released. I saw them at SDCC and them actually getting out there was still up in the air. They look great.

I only think the Egon one looks a bit off. I think it's his expression, has a smirk going on and Egon never really smirked. He was mostly deadpan.

He arrived!

vYV5WAB.jpg

PQFZmlK.jpg

ovA0aP4.jpg

Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbuster Figures

Release :
Dec. 2016 - Feb. 2017

Ghostbusters Special Pack: USD $896
[BW-UMS10101 ] – Peter Venkman Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
[BW-UMS10102 ] – Raymond Stantz Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
[BW-UMS10103 ] – Egon Spengler Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
[BW-UMS10104 ] – Winston Zeddemore Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
Special Gifts of Slimer with stand, Police barricade ,and ‘No Ghost’ sign light with strap on the top.

Ghostbusters Dr. 3 Pack: USD $672
Special Gift : Slimer with stand
So fucking weird that the two sets available are "everybody" and "everybody except the black character".

Rootbeer

Banned
oh yeah they are...well I'm an idiot.

false alarm

actually upon further inspection I overpaid on the actual figure. Let's just pretend I didn't post anything.

fuck

Was it a local buy? If so I'd consider it a wash. BBTS doesn't have free shipping ya know.

Strong wave. Got my full set a couple weeks ago. I love finally having a Peter Parker Spidey in a true teenage body mold. Same with Miles.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I was near that Walmart where I saw piles of Civil War Buckys and Falcons and stopped to check. They were all cleared out. Sorry, Diggeh.

Was it a local buy? If so I'd consider it a wash. BBTS doesn't have free shipping ya know.

Eh... regular price is $19.99 and that figure is two per case. I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart.com was blowing them out at $11-13 in a couple months.
Speaking of Walmart.com, they have Giant Man wave Nick Fury for $19.99 with free store pickup option right now. EDIT: nvm, it just sold out

DemiMatt

Blitzway 1/6 Ghostbuster Figures

Release :
Dec. 2016 - Feb. 2017

Ghostbusters Special Pack: USD $896
[BW-UMS10104 ] – Winston Zeddemore Sixth Scale Collectible Figure
Special Gifts of Slimer with stand, Police barricade ,and ‘No Ghost’ sign light with strap on the top.

Ghostbusters Dr. 3 Pack: USD $672
Special Gift : Slimer with stand

Just stick to Hot Toys, just tick to Hot Toys, JUST STICK TO HOT TOYS . . . .

I already have most of the Civil War figures on PO.

Strong wave. Got my full set a couple weeks ago. I love finally having a Peter Parker Spidey in a true teenage body mold. Same with Miles.

Ehh wasn't a complete wash. Bought Star Lord and Winter Soldier and I am having a great time. Stole the carbine from my Solid Snake figma to complete the look for Bucky.

TBeFQXZ.png

Bii

Just stick to Hot Toys, just tick to Hot Toys, JUST STICK TO HOT TOYS . . . .

I want to stick to Hot Toys but there's some stuff from other companies that can't be passed up. I've been eyeing a few Enterbay things...

Can we sell figures in this thread? Got some random stuff that I'll probably unload for cheap but unsure if anyone's interested in them.

Filth

just got my captain phasma from hot toys. is anyone else a little disappointed in the quality? the legs look bo-legged and very difficult to pose.

SuperSah

Banned
Receieved my Kiryuin Satuski figma today!

Absolutely incredible piece, the size of the character and proportions are beyond excellent.

Simo

So I just came across these and I think I kinda need 'em...lol

Info:
Dallas/Forth Worth — When searching for highly articulated action figures in 1:18th scale, aisle 3C is looking like a modern ghost town these days. Therefore it’s no surprise that a number of small companies are striving to fill the gap for collectors of this action figure scale.

To this end, Chicken Fried ToysTM (CFT) is proud to introduce their Dime Novel LegendsTM (DNL), their first-ever lineup of 3.75-inch, fully articulated, collectible action figures that bring back the essence of the American Frontier West. These 15 realistic reproductions of iconic Western archetypes feature authentic styling and looks, and include numerous accessories and gear that historically reflect the period between 1835 and 1895. This line will be introduced via Kickstarter campaign on October 1, 2016 and will run for six (6) weeks.

Dime Novel Legends

The Dime Novel LegendsTMlineup will encompass characters drawn from the rich history of Frontier America during its expansion westward. While easily identifiable, these characters do not represent any single person from history, film or literature. Rather, they are an amalgamation taken from the collective imaginations of enthusiasts who have long dreamed of accumulating an entire Western community of cowboys, townfolk, lawmen, bandits, and Native Americans from an often ignored and nigh-forgotten part of America’s unique and rich history.

Chicken Fried ToysTMwill introduce these iconic action figures intended for the adult collector featuring 16 points of articulation as part of a Kickstarter campaign beginning October 2016.

Wave 1 will include:

The Marshal – Clad in black, with his long coat pulled back over his working hoslter to show ruffians that he means business, this icon comes with a “Hogleg” pistol, “Street Howitzer” long gun, and removable hat and jacket.

The Sheriff – Dressed like a “dandy” with a Derby and suitcoat, this lawman carries a cane, not so much for walking, but rather to give a sophisticated air to any cattle or mining camp he has been charged to protect.

Territories Lawman – Before the regions of the American West became states, they were territories under the jurisdiction of the Federal government. This storied African-American lawman comes with dual holsters and pistols, bandana, removable vest and hat. All this makes him the true definition of a Legend!

Trail Boss – Wearing chaps and a broad-brimmed hat, this honcho of the trail drive has all the trappings of a seasoned leader. If his stern look doesn’t command the respect he’s earned, he has a lever-action rifle and removable “Outlaw” pistol to back it up.

Saloon Bartender – No image of the classic Western town is complete without a bartender or shopkeeper. Likely the only person who can afford both moustache wax AND hair cream, often neutral in fights and always the center of information, this smiling gentleman with the apron is quick with a mug of refreshment, and a turn on the pickle/beer barrel.

Sharpshooter – Wearing a period-correct bib-front shirt, this misplaced Texan sports a removable bandana, Texas-sized hat, cartridge belt with working knife and sheathe, and a legendary buffalo rifle with flip-up rear sight.

Ranch Hand – No cattle drive is complete without the ubiquitous trail hand. His look is highlighted with tall Cavalry style boots, removable vest, and gun belt. His hat, surely bought fresh from the General Store with pay from working the latest cattle drive, tops his clean-cut look.

Head Honcho – Every gang has its ringleader; a rough and tumble, but quick-witted character who is not to be trifled with on any occasion. He wears a removable vest, gun belt, bandana, and Derby.

Gunfighter – The gang member with the cool temper and lightning quick six-guns is dressed in a
suitcoat styled of the day. He has a removable hat, gun belt, twin holsters and pistols to fill ’em.

Vaquero – This everyday inhabitant of the Texas Southwest has a wide-brimmed hat to keep the desert sun off his shoulders, along with chaps, gun belt, pistol and Spanish silver spurs. Dressed up brightly in his best for the celebratory rodeo at the end of a long cattle drive, he cuts quite a colorful character.

Prospector – These men were some of the first brave souls to cross the Plains in search of riches and fortune, while “seein’ it all.” This old codger comes with an iconic hat and all the tools to hit the motherlode, including a pickaxe and pan.

Fire Brigadier – When every town is made of either wood or canvas, a firefighter or two becomes an essential part of the landscape. This member of the Old West Fire Brigade comes with a Victorian-era fire helmet, red bib-front shirt, Halligan tool, fire axe and suspenders!

Create Yer’ Own Outlaw – Clad in signature black and sporting a surly look, this villain will be named by Kickstarter participants in a poll run during the campaign. He will sport a long coat, Cavalry boots, double holsters for his gun belt, and two pitch-black pistols.

Create Yer’ Own Cowboy – Not just the name, but the color palette will be chosen by the “All-In!” Kickstarter pledges. This classically styled cowboy has chaps, unique hat, removable vest and all the right gear to complete your cattle drive!

Badlands Vigilante – This 15th figure is exclusive to the “All-In!” Kickstarter package. He has a unique portrait sculpt, removable “10-gallon” hat, bandana, suitcoat, gun belt, and shining silver six-guns. The figures will be unlocked in the order listed above during the campaign.Tiered between each figure as they unlock will be the following collector accessories:

Gear Sets – Five sets comprised of different firearms, weapons, and gun belts in colors notavailable on any other figure during this initial offering.

Accessory Sets – Five sets of jackets, vests, hats and bandanas in colors not available on any other figure during this initial offering.

Buck-A-Roos!TM- Five “blank” figures each comprised of a single color shirt and sleeves, and different color britches with complementary colored boots. These colors will not be available on any other figure in the initial offering. Skin tones will vary from figure to figure for variety.
Prices for both individual figures and “All-In!” packages are still TBD.

We will announce final pricing before the campaign begins to allow for collector budgeting. Retail costs after the campaign should not exceed $20 per figure. Work on Wave 2 is already underway and will include Plains Indian Tribes, smooth-talking gamblers, Cavalry troops, a school marm, and close to a dozen more unique Western icons!

Stay tuned for more details as work is completed and we proceed through the Kickstarter campaign. For more information, click our Chicken Fried Toystm – Dime Novel Legends Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1693604734243240/ Chicken Fried ToysTMis Paul Mundheim and JE Russell, lifelong action figure collecting enthusiasts. Working in partnership with lauded Boss Fight Studio and Smalljoes.com, CFT knows the unique mind of the 1:18th scale action figure collector like no other. Saddle up, and come along for the ride!

Damn they got a stage coach for 'em too!
14054086_1167877003272938_3970616566314677025_n.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
Hmmmm...

Figma Lucina's re-release has hit JP etc. which means stock for the UK resellers are on the way for September. Do I get in and preorder? Do I need her? D:

My heart says yes, my mind says no. But those scalper eBay prices on her first run and the reseller told me they only have a few left for preorder and they're not bringing in more to be sold without one.

Decisions decisions.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So I just came across these and I think I kinda need 'em...lol]

Those look pretty neat! Wild west stuff is always pretty cool. I'm glad smaller new toy companies can turn to Kickstarter for proper funding.

You guys and your Hot Toys. I will stick with my Mezco and NECA.

I admire from afar

Hey, no shame in not being a HT owner! I collect plenty of figures across all scales and HT is a scary, scary road for a lot of people.

TREAT YO SELF

We will break you.

Haloid pls gotta get him into 4H first

Hmmmm...

Figma Lucina's re-release has hit JP etc. which means stock for the UK resellers are on the way for September. Do I get in and preorder? Do I need her? D:

My heart says yes, my mind says no. But those scalper eBay prices on her first run and the reseller told me they only have a few left for preorder and they're not bringing in more to be sold without one.

Decisions decisions.

BUY

ALL

THE

THINGS

But seriously figma Lucina is amazing! Get her. Now. Mmm.

3N16MA

Banned
We will break you.

Mezco and their One:12 has me intrigued right now. I think the fact that they do figures inspired or directly from comics along with film and TV based figures appeals to me. Price seems good for the quality and accessories.

I'm all in for the NECA 1/4 Turtles.

Hot Toys does some fantastic work that I have admired since the first Iron Man and Joker. Prices can get crazy with the Canadian dollar in the tank. For now I will admire the great figures they put out.

Mezco and their One:12 has me intrigued right now. I think the fact that they do figures inspired or directly from comics along with film and TV based figures appeals to me. Price seems good for the quality and accessories.

One:12 is awesome. Their TDKReturns Batman is one of the best figures I own in any scale.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The problem with Hot Toys isn't the price, it's the size.

3N16MA

Banned
I will probably stick to lines outside of Hot Toys. I like film/TV based designs of many characters but also appreciate designs directly from comics or heavily inspired by a certain artist or era. Makes me wonder if Hot Toys is missing out by not creating figures outside of film/TV. Could you imagine how many TDKR Batman figures they would sell at that scale. Comic based Darkseid or Thanos. Seems like a gold mine waiting to be discovered.

I always thought the same thing with NECA. They have various licenses for their 1/4 line yet don't fully utilize it.

The problem with Hot Toys isn't the price, it's the size.

I wouldn't want a Hot Toys figure personally because of how big they is. When ever i see a shelf full of them they just look like dolls to me. I get the appeal for sure. I just like 6" plastic toys with good articulation and some cloth mixed in every now and then. Neca strikes a good balance between a price to quality ratio. Theres a ton of companies doing great things in the 1/12th scale.

Anth0ny

I will probably stick to lines outside of Hot Toys. I like film/TV based designs of many characters but also appreciate designs directly from comics or heavily inspired by a certain artist or era. Makes me wonder if Hot Toys is missing out by not creating figures outside of film/TV. Could you imagine how many TDKR Batman figures they would sell at that scale. Comic based Darkseid or Thanos. Seems like a gold mine waiting to be discovered.

I always thought the same thing with NECA. They have various licenses for their 1/4 line yet don't fully utilize it.

I'm hoping one day Hot Toys tackles Batman TAS and TDKR.

easy money.

Top Bottom