• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Just give them a call. Their customer service is pretty easy to deal with.

Ugh, hard to find time during the day between kids and having a major milestone deadline at work currently. Just bad timing and was hoping they would respond since they said just reply to the e-mail. I'm just worried since they're threatening to cancel it.

Received my Albino Drone Xeno from NECA the other day. Based an unused James Cameron concept design from Aliens, this was a must have the moment I saw his promo pics.

g11EI4Q.jpg

jWyE4Wk.jpg

Fp1rUqD.jpg

UJGndaS.jpg

DrNz6sq.jpg

Fcm5FcJ.jpg

7CPIDVd.jpg

5yuXz9h.jpg

NizIrmq.jpg

uncZhwh.jpg

hzViSzY.jpg

A monster that has a penis head and shoots a vagina out of its mouth might not have worked for the movies, but it makes for a great action figure. I wasn't prepared for just how much pink this guy would have in him. I know he's an albino, but the promo images didn't seem that pink. The final picture has pink highlights and details all throughout him, which really makes the figure. Just great paint work and plastic choices that transform the standard Xeno figure into something special. My only complaint is his tongue / probe / attack vagina. It's just a soft, pliable piece that's really difficult to get to stay his mouth. Other than that small issue, this guy is perfect. He looks awesome on the shelf next to the Alien Prototype. I'm not sure how many more unused Xeno prototypes are around for NECA to use, but I love this sub-line. They're super unique and really stand out from the standard Xenos.

NEO0MJ

What's it supposed to do with that tongue, pleasure victims to death 😂

Seriously though, great pics as always. How do you take them?

I might actually dare to transform the real Megs :p

Haha I hear ya,not even thought about transforming Apollyon ever. MP Shockwave was pretty simple in transformation and I hope Megs follows suit!

Cartoon

8f3d7ba6bbd8d801814ac776e788ff18.jpg

Possible MP Megs repaints

Diaclone Blue
300px-G1toy_japanese_megatron.jpg

Toy Version (red leg)
350px-G1Megatron_toy.jpg

Black n brown version
ehobbymegatron2.jpg

G2 Deco
g2megatron.gif

And maybe they will follow suit with all the BAPE decos.

What's it supposed to do with that tongue, pleasure victims to death 😂

Seriously though, great pics as always. How do you take them?

Thank you.

My camera is a Cannon Vixia HF M52. I bought it for school a couple years ago. It's intended as a video camera, but works well enough for taking pictures of action figures and books. I've been meaning to upgrade to an DSLR and expand my photography a bit. I just haven't been able to swing it financially yet.

I used LED lights and toilet paper to diffuse the light for most of my pictures. I was spending way too much time messing with this set-up, and often the lights wouldn't put out enough light for my camera so everything wound up super grainy and often unusable. So I upgraded to this lighting kit a few months ago. Couldn't be happier with the results. It's just so much faster, and it's easier to control the lighting.

When I'm done, I finish in GIMP.

Jaeger

Received my Albino Drone Xeno from NECA the other day. Based an unused James Cameron concept design from Aliens, this was a must have the moment I saw his promo pics.

g11EI4Q.jpg

jWyE4Wk.jpg

Fp1rUqD.jpg

UJGndaS.jpg

DrNz6sq.jpg

Fcm5FcJ.jpg

7CPIDVd.jpg

5yuXz9h.jpg

NizIrmq.jpg

uncZhwh.jpg

hzViSzY.jpg

A monster that has a penis head and shoots a vagina out of its mouth might not have worked for the movies, but it makes for a great action figure. I wasn't prepared for just how much pink this guy would have in him. I know he's an albino, but the promo images didn't seem that pink. The final picture has pink highlights and details all throughout him, which really makes the figure. Just great paint work and plastic choices that transform the standard Xeno figure into something special. My only complaint is his tongue / probe / attack vagina. It's just a soft, pliable piece that's really difficult to get to stay his mouth. Other than that small issue, this guy is perfect. He looks awesome on the shelf next to the Alien Prototype. I'm not sure how many more unused Xeno prototypes are around for NECA to use, but I love this sub-line. They're super unique and really stand out from the standard Xenos.

Beautiful figure.

Look fantastic. Can't wait to get mine.

I bought the first two Alien pieces from Kotobukiya. The Alien Warrior and the Big Chap. They also have the Dog Alien coming next month.

Jamesways

Look fantastic. Can't wait to get mine.

I bought the first two Alien pieces from Kotobukiya. The Alien Warrior and the Big Chap. They also have the Dog Alien coming next month.
The pink highlights somehow make it look more horrifying. Just creepy.

How do you like the korobukiya Big Chap? I'm in the fence with that.

Got my hobgoblin in and had to mod him into the first appearance look. Took the head from the toybiz and repainted, then cut the cape from the toybiz to the proper half-cape size

QRHOatt.jpg

icespide

Banned
not really a huge funko pop fan but it looks like target has this civil war 4 pack with spidey now. is it bad that I bought it just for spider-man? got him back at my desk and his balance is totally thrown off, he can't stand up on his own =\

since he can't hold himself up I'll have to lean his fat head up against something =\

not really a huge funko pop fan but it looks like target has this civil war 4 pack with spidey now. is it bad that I bought it just for spider-man?

I'm pretty sure that's why he's in the package.

"People are going to buy this package to get that Spider-Man. What crap do we have sitting around that we need to get rid of?"

I'm pretty sure that's why he's in the package.

"People are going to buy this package to get that Spider-Man. What crap do we have sitting around that we need to get rid of?"
The Hawkeye Pop is a new sculpt though and the pocket pops were specifically produced for this set considering that neither of them have been individually released yet.

It's been speculated that some sort of merchandising deal surrounding Spider-Man and Civil War mandates that he be released only in multi-packs for whatever reason. This Pop set and the Civil War 3-pack being the prime examples.

Snaku

Banned
Couple new additions to the display. Despara joins Papa Hordak, and I finally got my hands on a vintage He-Man & Battlecat in wonderful condition. First time I've had the later two in my possession in 26 years, and I really can't stop smiling.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
AFG talking about POP! again? Hateloid is rolling in his grave!

Keep it up I love you guys ;D

SuperSah

Banned
Why is there no Gurren Lagaan Figma figures? :mad: I'm not a fan of the Revoltech versions :(

Oh well, on the bright side my Lucina should be here in a couple of weeks as well as ALBW Link.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Hawkeye Pop is a new sculpt though and the pocket pops were specifically produced for this set considering that neither of them have been individually released yet.

It's been speculated that some sort of merchandising deal surrounding Spider-Man and Civil War mandates that he be released only in multi-packs for whatever reason. This Pop set and the Civil War 3-pack being the prime examples.

That would be weird considering that Disney has full ownership of all forms of Spider-Man merchandising rights.

Fury451

Banned
What do y'all do with your incomplete build-a-figure parts?

I got a few older Marvel Legends figs (like Hope Summers and Hellcat) recently and have zero interest (or money) to hunt down characters I don't want to complete a figure I don't necessarily want, but I also feel bad just pitching them because I'm sure some collector might need them.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There's a huge Marvel Legends sale at Amazon right now.
Lots of figures around $10-11. Even 3/4 of the new Doctor Strange wave are discounted to $15.99.

What do y'all do with your incomplete build-a-figure parts?

I got a few older Marvel Legends figs (like Hope Summers and Hellcat) recently and have zero interest (or money) to hunt down characters I don't want to complete a figure I don't necessarily want, but I also feel bad just pitching them because I'm sure some collector might need them.

I have the opposite problem. I almost always want the BAF badly. (Except Abomination. I like the Select version more.)That means hunting down pieces from figures I don't give a shit about. A current example would be Superior Venom. I don't care about that figure at all but the Rhino BAF is sweet.

Messi

I guess Arkham Asylum Suicide Squad Joker has been delayed. I got a flex pay update today pushing my payments out by a month.

Sigh, still can't get a hold of Sideshow. I've emailed them a couple times, called them with no answer on their end. It's starting to get really frustrating that I can't contact them and they are threatening to cancel my order by tomorrow.

Sigh, still can't get a hold of Sideshow. I've emailed them a couple times, called them with no answer on their end. It's starting to get really frustrating that I can't contact them and they are threatening to cancel my order by tomorrow.

Have you tried using the chat button at the bottom of this page?

https://help.sideshowtoy.com/hc/en-us#

I always had the best luck with that when I used Sideshow as my preferred HT site. Now I use BBTS.

dangeROSS

Got my hobgoblin in and had to mod him into the first appearance look. Took the head from the toybiz and repainted, then cut the cape from the toybiz to the proper half-cape size

QRHOatt.jpg

A fellow Fwoosher? Dig that custom man. I did the head swap too, but didn't think about painting the face or shortening the cape. That's pretty clever. I like the more standard look of the Toybiz cape but it always seemed to get in the way. The shorter cape seems like it would fix that. I kinda went with sticking the Toybiz head on there and using the Hasbro cape. Not sure I want to risk messing up the old cape at this point. Maybe someday I might give it a shot.

0r75baKl.jpg

Also thought I'd post a fastball special shot I did the other day:

ugkA0XJl.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
In terms of ALBW Link, I may as well add the extra money to buy the DX edition with all the items right? I feel they dropped the ball by giving the standard edition only a sword and shield.

A fellow Fwoosher? Dig that custom man. I did the head swap too, but didn't think about painting the face or shortening the cape. That's pretty clever. I like the more standard look of the Toybiz cape but it always seemed to get in the way. The shorter cape seems like it would fix that. I kinda went with sticking the Toybiz head on there and using the Hasbro cape. Not sure I want to risk messing up the old cape at this point. Maybe someday I might give it a shot.

0r75baKl.jpg

Also thought I'd post a fastball special shot I did the other day:

ugkA0XJl.jpg

Yeah, I just signed up to that site haha. I was going for his original look.
hobgoblinkingsley4.jpg

The camera kind of washed out the detail I added on the paint(I need your camera skills >_<).
The toybiz one looks more like cartoon, which I never really watched. Kind of hated to cut him up, but I can always get a spare later

Holy shit guys, sorry for the crappy picture, but this Andy Kubert Frank Miller Batman is easily the the coolest rendition of this Batman I've ever seen in figure form.

Ah, yes. I remember almost buying that one. DC seems to have been getting better lately with the quality of their statues. At least the ones that list for $150.

dangeROSS

Yeah, I just signed up to that site haha. I was going for his original look.
hobgoblinkingsley4.jpg

The camera kind of washed out the detail I added on the paint(I need your camera skills >_<).
The toybiz one looks more like cartoon, which I never really watched. Kind of hated to cut him up, but I can always get a spare later

Your custom emulates the style pretty well. What kind of paint did you use for his face? Yea when I put the toybiz cape and head on the Hasbro body I was reminded of Hobgoblin from the old cartoon show. Which was pretty sweet.

I suppose you can always hunt down more Hobgoblins if you need to. They seem to have gotten a little pricey over the years.

Are you going to pick up the new Green Goblin when he comes out? I didn't think I was a first, but this Hobgoblin made me think that I may replace my Toybiz Green Goblin now. I just want a more classic head for him. Or I may just cut off those little side parts of his hat if I have to.

good news for those interested:

hi-metal R Milia Super VF-1J will be p-bandai exclusive which is normally bad for gundam but for Macross it's beneficial because there's no set limit of units you can order. unlike if it was retail, crap would be so limited and sold out in 1 minute...

with web orders it's virtually unlimited:

the bad news is you'll have to go through nippon yasan or a middleman to get an order.

but it'll be an easy pre-order:

pre-orders start 9/16 16:00JST
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000106514/
AyyXft4.jpg

Your custom emulates the style pretty well. What kind of paint did you use for his face? Yea when I put the toybiz cape and head on the Hasbro body I was reminded of Hobgoblin from the old cartoon show. Which was pretty sweet.

I suppose you can always hunt down more Hobgoblins if you need to. They seem to have gotten a little pricey over the years.

Are you going to pick up the new Green Goblin when he comes out? I didn't think I was a first, but this Hobgoblin made me think that I may replace my Toybiz Green Goblin now. I just want a more classic head for him. Or I may just cut off those little side parts of his hat if I have to.

I just used some craft paints from hobby lobby. Mixed some yellow and blue, then some gray to dull it down.

Definitely going for the new GG, but I don't like those weird strap things hanging down. Not sure what that look is from

Top Bottom