• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dangeROSS

Yea I really don't get why they would add those hat strap things to the new Marvel Legends Green Goblin. Pretty random addition to throw on.

Man that Prototype Aliens Xenomorph is nasty with his tongue addition there. But is still cool to see more versions of that character out there. I still haven't seen any AVP Aliens in stores to buy, I sort of want to grab one.

A few more Legends photos to share as well:

P0VwsvKl.jpg

xLYXQL0l.jpg

yp0S1dBl.jpg

6USaaJnl.jpg

LiK

looks like HT Civil War Cap is gonna be shipped soon. I may cancel it for now. not sold out and i have 3 other Caps lol. need money for something else instead this month.

edit: canceled it.

Bah, I think I'm done with Sideshow after all this. I usually use BBTS, but since this was my first Hot Toys I thought I might be better off going with Sideshow. Guess I was wrong.

what happened?

Well I found out Sideshow needs a signature for higher priced items. The first thing I ordered was under that value so I didn't know this before. So instead of taking a day off or scrambling to figure out trying to pick it up at UPS after a failed delivery, I decided to have it shipped to my work instead since someone is always here. That's where it went to hell.

I got an e-mail last Thursday saying there's something wrong with my shipping address and the first thing that it suggests is that I need a business name if I'm having it sent to work. I look at the address and it doesn't have a business name attached to it so I figure that's the problem and respond immediately also asking if that resolves the problem. I'm talking within 20 min of getting the e-mail. The problem with their alert is they don't tell you exactly what is wrong as it seems like a generic form letter. Afterwards I log in and notice that on my order, it has the business name attached to the shipping address. So that's odd that the one they sent me doesn't exactly match what I have in the order.

I wait and don't hear back the next day. I wait over the weekend and I don't hear back on Monday. So I go online and submit an e-mail support request asking if everything is okay since I have no idea if I've solved the problem or not. I don't hear back at all. I call them on Monday and all I do is get routed to something that eventually says to leave a message since nobody is answering.

I tried looking for their online chat which is referenced on their Contact Us page. It says:

Chat online with one of our representatives by clicking the link at the top of the page.

But there's no link at the top of the page. It took someone else on here to point out where the online chat was in another link.

Finally, I get a hold of someone and they tell me I need to fill out a form since I'm sending it to another address but I can't fax it, I don't have a scanner, the form isn't online, etc. Fortunately, he tells me I can take pictures of the form and the proof they need which is a picture of my driver's license, a picture of my credit card, and a picture of my address on a bank statement since my current DL isn't up to date since I moved. I do all this on Wednesday and explictly ask them to contact me to acknowledge that they got it since I never got any replies.

I hear nothing on Thursday. I contact them today and they said they don't have my e-mail. So right off the bat, I've sent them an e-mail with pictures of my credentials and it's lost somewhere. That's bothersome on it's own. So I ask them if the address I sent it to is correct, and they tell me no. The thing is, the address is on the form that you fill out and it says to e-mail it back to this specific address. The CS tells me I was supposed to send it to another address which isn't indicated anywhere. So now I'm really annoyed that they needed photos of these things in the first place and now they've lost those photos somewhere.

To finally resolve it, I send the photos directly to the person I'm online chatting with and it finally gets noted that it can be shipped to me. It took me over a week of hounding them to get this resolved.

Oh ya, the other thing that bugged me was that since I was on the flex payment plan, I wasn't going to get my item for another month because the next cycle for the final payment was almost a month later since we just passed this month's schedule date. I just assumed the final payment would have been processed when ready since they said they don't take the last payment until the item has arrived, but I had no idea it was still going to be stuck to the schedule. I haven't made a payment in several months either since I was all paid up due to the delays except for the final payment.

They just seem terrible to communicate with, a pain in the ass to change shipping address, and a lot of information that isn't either clear or accurate. I've never had this much trouble buying items like these before. It's been a very frustrating process. It has been anything but a pleasant experience where as BBTS has been nothing but simple and easy.

LiK

^ ah yea, when it comes to shipping they are pretty anal about it cuz they're always afraid of missing packages and people filing claims. Sucks to hear about that. I find their CS to be usually pretty good but it's usually related to the order specifically and not shipping issues.

DemiMatt

looks like HT Civil War Cap is gonna be shipped soon. I may cancel it for now. not sold out and i have 3 other Caps lol. need money for something else instead this month.

edit: canceled it.

I've been really on the fence about this figure - I really love the suit quality & details. But I just flat out LOVE the colors of the AOU Cap. Also the yelling faceplate can look really funny at times. I would like to get this at a discounted rate before they sell out, but I just don't feel super strong about this figure.

Bah, I think I'm done with Sideshow after all this. I usually use BBTS, but since this was my first Hot Toys I thought I might be better off going with Sideshow. Guess I was wrong.

I can't do Sideshow anymore - I live in Cali so their taxes kill me. THere are plenty of other sites that don't charge tax & have discounted rates - I usually save ~20 to 40 a figure when I buy through them versus Sideshow.

-sdp

This is my most recent package

CqQ4anTUMAA0w-g.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Twilight Zone and I really wanted that figure, love the b/w color and it fits my other 3 3/4" figures well and creepy as he should. I'm not a fan of the "retro" non-articulation but it works.

As I've posted here I became a big fan of Five Nights at Freddy's and wanted a figure, he looks great but his limbs fall if you try to move them, it's annoying. I kind of wanted him to be the singer of my action figure band but I think he'll become an interviewer instead.

The injustice figures I wanted for a while but always found it hard to justify the price but I was afraid they'd just sell out and I'd pay even more so I got them. I loved both the designs of Flash and Raven and they're two of my fav. characters so it made sense. Reviews made it seem like they were terrible but they aren't bad, except for Raven's left leg which falls every time you move it, still, Raven will fit well in my 3 3/4" display.

The two Pokemon figures I'm kind of disappointed in, for one they're too big. I always thought both of them were much smaller. The Jessie figure is excellent but it just takes too much space which I don't have. Misty on the other hand is not that good, I loved that it was a figure based on her Gen I appearance but for the price it's definitely not worth it. The Misty figure from the same line as Jessie's is much better. Oh well, it's still cool but not worth the price.

Yea I really don't get why they would add those hat strap things to the new Marvel Legends Green Goblin. Pretty random addition to throw on.

Man that Prototype Aliens Xenomorph is nasty with his tongue addition there. But is still cool to see more versions of that character out there. I still haven't seen any AVP Aliens in stores to buy, I sort of want to grab one.

A few more Legends photos to share as well

Nice pictures. I really wish they would do a new Gambit figure.

NECA released the card back for their upcoming Kenner inspired Aliens vs Predator line. It confirms they're releasing the blue Kenner warrior figure they debuted at SDCC, plus unveils a couple other figures as well. I hope the inclusion of the Toys R Us exclusive two pack means they're getting a wide release. The original commands stupid money on EBay.

D9BVf4d.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just got the email from Side Show about Knightmare Batman readying to ship out in the next 14 days. Ooooooo can't wait. Though I still don't understand how I'm getting this first instead of the standard bat suit Batman.

SuperSah

Banned
Okay so you all know I'm much of a Figma fan and will buy anything Figma because yeah I love the detail and scale. Despite me buying these, I'm yet to actually pose these and place them on display (mainly due to time constraints).

I'm wondering if theres like any 'guides' to posing figures to make them look the best they can or is it literally a 'do it yourself' affair. Many thanks!

P.S - my Lucina Figma should be here in under two weeks...

Replicant

Okay so you all know I'm much of a Figma fan and will buy anything Figma because yeah I love the detail and scale. Despite me buying these, I'm yet to actually pose these and place them on display (mainly due to time constraints).

I'm wondering if theres like any 'guides' to posing figures to make them look the best they can or is it literally a 'do it yourself' affair. Many thanks!

With the exception of some figures (ie. Cardcaptor Sakura), most are easy to put together without any guide.

Yarbskoo

A posing guide? Never heard of anything like that. It's pretty easy to get poses that look decent. Since they're not animated, you don't really have to worry about believable weight distribution or anything like that. If you don't want to come up with your own poses, there's always the ones on the box, though sometimes I feel like they cheat a bit on those.

Has it been stated why exactly there is a blue Alien?

The Kenner toy didn't have any kind of explanation -- they just left it up to the kids. I'm sure the NECA version will include some crazy explanation on the card. They've come up with bios for their Kenner Preds, including one that explains why the glow in the dark Predator glows in the dark. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for the Kenner Alien line.

The Kenner toy didn't have any kind of explanation -- they just left it up to the kids. I'm sure the NECA version will include some crazy explanation on the card.

Unlike other members of the Alien hive, Blue Alien Warrior suffers from severe bouts of depression, though is still able to eviscerate prey and contribute to Alien society.

The Kenner toy didn't have any kind of explanation -- they just left it up to the kids. I'm sure the NECA version will include some crazy explanation on the card. They've come up with bios for their Kenner Preds, including one that explains why the glow in the dark Predator glows in the dark. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for the Kenner Alien line.
It probably exists to compliment the previously released Hive Wars Predator.

predator-hive-wars-poe-ghostal-review-9.jpg

SUPARSTARX

Just got the HT BvS armored batman. And got a notification that Knightmare Batman is billing and shipping soon. :( :( :(

My wallet's bleedinggggggg

NEO0MJ

I feel lucky now that I never got the HT bug, not even for Iron Man figures, though I was tempted a few times.

Edit: While not surprising the SOC Megazord seems to be shorter than the original.

EpGtA90.jpg

It probably exists to compliment the previously released Hive Wars Predator.

predator-hive-wars-poe-ghostal-review-9.jpg

That's such an awesome looking figure. It's really just a repaint, but it looks amazing. I was going to hold off on getting him until after the Clan Leader came out... but I'm weak. I don't think I can wait.

Bog

Junior Ace
What shipping should I be doing from amiami? I've been doing EMS but I don't need things here in 2 days. And it's so damn much.

What shipping should I be doing from amiami? I've been doing EMS but I don't need things here in 2 days. And it's so damn much.
Small packet unregistered. I've never had an issue, but it's uninsured so ask yourself if the saving money is worth the risk.

LiK

i do small packet registered. i always like tracking and the price difference ain't that big compared to unregistered. much cheaper than EMS.

SUPARSTARX

Where'd you get the armor Batman from? I have it pre-ordered from BTTS, but haven't received an email yet.

Mine was straight from SideshowToys

Anybody know where I can unload some figures without going through scamBay reliably?

I got a few sealed and opened for few minutes and reboxed figures sitting around.

I want to clear out the smaller things and make room for a unified Hot Toys collection.

dangeROSS

Nice pictures. I really wish they would do a new Gambit figure.

NECA released the card back for their upcoming Kenner inspired Aliens vs Predator line. It confirms they're releasing the blue Kenner warrior figure they debuted at SDCC, plus unveils a couple other figures as well. I hope the inclusion of the Toys R Us exclusive two pack means they're getting a wide release. The original commands stupid money on EBay.

Thanks.

I have sort of fallen off the Aliens and Predator bandwagon as of late. Is the TRU Kenner two pack hard to come by now? I was so tempted to grab it when it released, but passed. I have been burnt by too many Neca figures having QC issues so I took a bit of a break.
Although I did pick up the AVP unmasked Scar Predator and love him. He seems to be a bit sturdier then figures in the past. And I love that they used soft plastic for the mandibles so I don't have to worry as much about breakage.
I am tempted to try and find a AVP warrior Alien now, but have never seen one in stores.

What are people's opinions about the DC Icons stuff at this point? I am also thinking about getting a Batman to test out how I feel about the line. But there seems to be alot of aspects that keep me from actually going for it. Anyone have some figures from that line?

Sentinel's new Mega Man looks hot. Looks like it's time to replace my D-Arts version.

That looks great. I have never had a decent Mega Man figure. Love the old school look with him.

Some Kitty Pryde pics:

7V47SYfl.jpg

t4juQ7Ul.jpg

DsrJIbbl.jpg

Finally got myself a Lawmaster today.

What are people's opinions about the DC Icons stuff at this point? I am also thinking about getting a Batman to test out how I feel about the line. But there seems to be alot of aspects that keep me from actually going for it. Anyone have some figures from that line?

I really like them, I have Batman, Harley and I also got Joker in today. The articulation isn't as good as the Marvel Legends figures, but I think the paint apps and sculpting have been pretty solid.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
After many unfruitful visits to the Walgreens I pass almost every day I broke down and made a side trip to my go-to Walgreens that collectors apparently never shop at. Six Punishers.

Top Bottom