• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dangeROSS

I really like them, I have Batman, Harley and I also got Joker in today. The articulation isn't as good as the Marvel Legends figures, but I think the paint apps and sculpting have been pretty solid.

That Lawmaster is Awesome!

Yea Batman and Harley were the two I was looking at. Reviews seem to be all over the place and I am a bit conflicted about the scale and funky articulation choices. I think I could fudge Harley with my DCUC figures but I know Batman would be the odd man out. He does look kinda cool though.

Thanks.

I have sort of fallen off the Aliens and Predator bandwagon as of late. Is the TRU Kenner two pack hard to come by now? I was so tempted to grab it when it released, but passed. I have been burnt by too many Neca figures having QC issues so I took a bit of a break.
Although I did pick up the AVP unmasked Scar Predator and love him. He seems to be a bit sturdier then figures in the past. And I love that they used soft plastic for the mandibles so I don't have to worry as much about breakage.
I am tempted to try and find a AVP warrior Alien now, but have never seen one in stores.

What are people's opinions about the DC Icons stuff at this point? I am also thinking about getting a Batman to test out how I feel about the line. But there seems to be alot of aspects that keep me from actually going for it. Anyone have some figures from that line?

The AVP warrior Xeno is a great figure. Really detailed and so much articulation. Just like Scar, he feels sturdier and more substantial than the older NECA figures. He was my first Xeno, so I couldn't really appreciate just how well constructed the figure was until I started getting some more examples of the older body style.

I don't collect the DC Icons line. I'd like to get into them but suspect I have pretty much the same reservations you do. I really don't like the scale. I understand they're meant to be "true six inch scale", but it makes them so small. This isn't helped by the sculpts, which are way too thin and their torsos look too long. Finally their articulation is really lacking. It doesn't come close to the Marvel Legends. Which is a shame. I love the look of their Dead Man figure and that Demon figure coming out next year looks great.

Wolverine came in the mail yesterday, so Juggernaut is finally complete!

Also, the 3-pack with Nick Fury, Phil Coulson, and Maria Hill came in the mail today.

Wolverine is such a great figure. They absolutely nailed his sculpt and his scale. Those butterfly joints give him so many posing options. Every couple of days, I find myself changing his pose. So happy I waited for this guy instead of buying an older figure.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cs1efQeUIAA33bw.jpg:large

^
Those golden girls are amazing....and scary hahaha

Picked up another hobgoblin to black out his face like he's sometimes shown. Was worried it might look a bit like black face >_<, but doesn't look too bad. If you can't tell, hobgoblin is my favorite character haha

6nz441w.jpg

R1RS8rC.jpg

Is your Phasma bow-legged? Can't tell from the side profile but just wondering if yours have that issue, since mine does.

I know what your talking about and the answer is yes. I thought it was a purposeful decision to give it a slightly more feminine look.

SuperSah

Banned
Quick question.

I've got the chance to buy the standard ALBW Figma for £20 less than the DX Edition. Should I just get that one? It doesn't seem with £20 more to get some accessories.

Yarbskoo

Quick question.

I've got the chance to buy the standard ALBW Figma for £20 less than the DX Edition. Should I just get that one? It doesn't seem with £20 more to get some accessories.

I paid about $20 more for the DX version, and I thought it was worth it, because I really like accessories. £20 might be pushing it though, I dunno.

I'd probably pay $100 for an Ocarina of Time Link figma if it came with with every piece of equipment in the game.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
For the first time since I moved from California to New Hampshire (in late April), I've got some new figures on the way! I've ordered the Figuarts Ultraman 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition and the Monsterarts Godzilla GMK (2001)! So so so excited for both!

dankir

Warmachine mark 1.0 Diecast, looks amazing. Will pick up eventually

14380048_955003664625328_1432511202725579383_o.jpg

14362724_955003484625346_3442634862516084768_o.jpg

14390727_1170505476321112_3602922916508092284_n.jpg

14444887_1170505556321104_3981228050616578458_o.jpg

14448769_1170505696321090_5614386903391153743_n.jpg

pretty sure the headsculpt is unchanged but the figures height and proportions are better compared to the original Mark 1 release.

SuperSah

Banned
I paid about $20 more for the DX version, and I thought it was worth it, because I really like accessories. £20 might be pushing it though, I dunno.

I'd probably pay $100 for an Ocarina of Time Link figma if it came with with every piece of equipment in the game.

I think I'll just get the standard version. I wasn't really too hung up on the accessories and saving £20 would be pretty nice.

SeanC

no price was given yet. hopefully it will be reasonable =)

Feburary 2017
SHF New Hope Han Solo

Finally. Been waiting on this one forever ever since I saw a slight side-shot in a photo a year ago on a prototype. Even then I thought the facesculpt looked incredible. Does not dissapoint.

SuperSah

Banned
Just done and ordered the standard Link ALBW Figma. :)

I'm sure I won't miss the accessories and Lucina should be here soon to fill any regret :D

SeanC

Just done and ordered the standard Link ALBW Figma. :)

I'm sure I won't miss the accessories and Lucina should be here soon to fill any regret :D

I'm thinking of just the standard also, I'm likely not going to pose him outside of the sword and shield anyways, but the DX version isn't that much more off of BBTS...

Decisions.

SuperSah

Banned
I'm thinking of just the standard also, I'm likely not going to pose him outside of the sword and shield anyways, but the DX version isn't that much more off of BBTS...

Decisions.

If it's like a £5-£10 difference, you may as well get the DX version. I only bought the standard version since the accessories would of been £20 for me. I didn't feel it justified that price.

SeanC

If it's like a £5-£10 difference, you may as well get the DX version. I only bought the standard version since the accessories would of been £20 for me. I didn't feel it justified that price.

There's also the fact that I remember paying $50+ for the Skyward Sword Figma and you can now find that for 20 bucks new off of ebay or $30 at a Gamestop. So I'm a little hesitant on that angle also.

If the Play Asia coupon I have works, I'll get the standard there for about $40. If not, I might as well get the DX version off of BBTS for only 10 more or so.

KingV

Finally got myself a Lawmaster today.

I really like them, I have Batman, Harley and I also got Joker in today. The articulation isn't as good as the Marvel Legends figures, but I think the paint apps and sculpting have been pretty solid.

I have a black law master in a pile of loot. Think it would still go ok witg the Cursed Earth bright blue Dredd? I wanted the poncho :)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just opened up my Figuarts Ultraman 50th Anniversary Edition!
The accessories are super awesome! Quick and dirty pose and photo showing off the figure and the accessories. Everything shown came with the figure (though there are quite a few accessories that came with the figure that aren't in the photo as well).

Especially love the new Figuarts buildings and that road piece! The road piece is just a flat plastic deal that connects straight to the baseplate thing, so you can turn any baseplate into a city road basically. Absolutely love it.

I did post it somewhere in this thread when it was unveiled.

12316268_10153199446047344_4355321004191680809_n.jpg

diecast on the left.[/URL]
Yeah but that's the prototype, I was hoping one of the Asian bloggers would have done a comparison in the new photos that just went up.

But that image illustrates my problem, look at the elbows on the 2.0. When that photo was released I was hoping that the elbows had a retracting system that wasn't being used like some of the Iron Man figures do to allow correct proportions vs enhanced articulation. After seeing the blogger pics, my hopes were dashed. You might even notice that there are very few photos of "museum poses" and the ones that are show the elbows bent almost as if to hide the long elbows, like so:

Compared to how the suit appears in the movie:

Maybe I'm weird for being fixated on such a minor detail, but my eyes are drawn to it and it makes the arms look weird to me.

Just opened up my Figuarts Ultraman 50th Anniversary Edition!
The accessories are super awesome! Quick and dirty pose and photo showing off the figure and the accessories. Everything shown came with the figure (though there are quite a few accessories that came with the figure that aren't in the photo as well).

Especially love the new Figuarts buildings and that road piece! The road piece is just a flat plastic deal that connects straight to the baseplate thing, so you can turn any baseplate into a city road basically. Absolutely love it.

I totally want one of those

-sdp

I'm thinking of getting the Jango Fett figuarts since he's one of my favorite characters but I'm still undecided. I like all my SHF that I've bought but I don't own any Star Wars ones. I've been recommended the Black series Jango but I'm not a fan of Boba or Chewbacca which are the two I own and the pictures don't convince me, I prefer the "clean" look on Jango which he has most of the time and the "dirty" one on Boba. I have a Mafex vader which I love but I don't think they'll get to Jango.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm thinking of getting the Jango Fett figuarts since he's one of my favorite characters but I'm still undecided. I like all my SHF that I've bought but I don't own any Star Wars ones. I've been recommended the Black series Jango but I'm not a fan of Boba or Chewbacca which are the two I own and the pictures don't convince me, I prefer the "clean" look on Jango which he has most of the time and the "dirty" one on Boba. I have a Mafex vader which I love but I don't think they'll get to Jango.

You should sell your Boba, especially considering that there are Mafex ones coming.

Top Bottom