• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh. My. Goodness.

I just got Monsterarts Godzilla GMK/2001 in the mail today.
I am absolutely blown away. It is INCREDIBLE.
For one thing, it's been like half a year since I've gotten a new Monsterarts or even seen/touched a Monsterarts for that matter (left them in CA), so I'd forgotten how much I loved them. But on top of that, Godzilla GMK is almost definitely my new favorite Monsterarts. He's just so damn badass! And he's huge too! I love him sooo muuuch.
Pics coming in the next couple days.

Kipp

Man, I remember when Kipp's favorite thing to do was save money.

Don't forget to stock up on lots of these and these, Kipp.

I'm still doing that! Why do you think I'm working 65 hours a week? So that I can do both!
And I actually fully intend to stock up on those. Was about to order a set of them today. Haha. I got one set with the Ultraman 50th Anniversary Edition and I absolutely love it.

Just need a Punisher figure now.

14484699_10153827045867344_1880109333025973078_n.jpg

14433196_10153827046067344_4229111297223289558_n.jpg

14481916_10153827046072344_3129625099586463435_o.jpg

14500681_10153827046472344_7968817204985861509_o.jpg

14481844_10153827046477344_540513560483210552_o.jpg

14379700_10153827046662344_3404315621481979220_o.jpg

DemiMatt

So happy I POd this version over the Civil War one, even happier I was able to sell all of my Iron Man 2 figures for a decent price recent to pay for the upcoming MK VI & War Machine MK I.

When is Deadpool expected to hit stateside? I feel like he should be out soon . ..

I did post it somewhere in this thread when it was unveiled.

12316268_10153199446047344_4355321004191680809_n.jpg

diecast on the left.

Diecast figures are the most expensive hot toy figures they release in 1/6. I paid 160 bucks for War Machine when it was first released. This one is 360 bucks!

Drayco21

Saw some Rogue One 3 3/4" figures at my local Wal-Mart today, but they were locked and I couldn't check out. They're finally starting to look a bit more POTF-esque, which is what I was hoping for when they dropped back down to 5poa. Looking forward to being able to pick these up- it seems like they're way better than the Force Awakens line.

NEO0MJ

Oh, do amiami offer a warehouse service? You know, allowing you to buy figures at different times and then ship them together like HLJ do?

Vidiot

I wish we got TP Ganondorf too.

Anyway they look amazing and I'm getting both. DX version of Link again. My DX ALBW is on the way from BBTS.

Kipp

Don't forget to get Figuarts Baltan who is sold out basically everywhere and Bluefin has a super minuscule amount of stock in NA and...oh.

Mine's coming from Amazon directly because I preordered a bajillion years ago. Really need to do a photo shoot of the set with Baltan!

I most certainly plan to get Baltan! There are plenty of them up on Ebay for $55 shipped, but I'm waiting a week or so to see if one pops up on Amazon for that price (or around that price) since I've got Amazon gift cards and I'm trying to be extra frugal these days since I'm very likely buying a house this month. If nothing pops up on Amazon quickly though, I plan to just buy it off Ebay, cause Baltan is rad and I definitely don't plan to miss out on him.
I'm also very much looking forward to Zetton coming out!

You have to stock up on both so you can make your diorama with a noticeable path of destruction through an otherwise untouched city.

Hnnng.

SuperSah

Banned
I wish we got TP Ganondorf too.

Anyway they look amazing and I'm getting both. DX version of Link again. My DX ALBW is on the way from BBTS.

DX is a no brainer this time. It's not limited and on AmiAmi, it's like £4 more.

My ALBW Link arrived today! I'm gonna wait for Lucina to come either tomorrow or Thursday before using them.

Yarbskoo

Sorry for the double post but pics of Zelda and Link:

Holy shit take my money.

I'm not a fan of Link's face, but those accessories I need.

DX is a no brainer this time. It's not limited and on AmiAmi, it's like £4 more.

My ALBW Link arrived today! I'm gonna wait for Lucina to come either tomorrow or Thursday before using them.

I await pics.

If anyone doesn't want their Clawshot, I'll take it so he can have Double Clawshots.

Yarbskoo

Scale wise the Wolf Link/Midna amiibo should display pretty nice with them too.

Pretty sure the amiibo is too small.

figma Midna when?

I like this trend of loading figures with a ton of optional accessories.
figma_link_04.jpg

I hope there's a figma Link: Breath of the Wild ver. DX Edition. It better include a stick on fire.

Goliath

Hey everyone, I have one question. Does anyone have any experience with The Loyal Subjects figure company. They are making some Street Fighter figures that are very tempting but I am trying to get an idea of scale and quality but have not experience with their products. I know they have done TMNT and Power Rangers. Are their figures any good? Scale wise how do they compare with Funko pop?

http://popvinyls.com/2016/09/27/loyal-subjects-dallas-look-book-reveals-new-lines/

New Figma Link and Zelda look excellent. As a non-Zelda fan (that still got the ALBW Figma), those are a must-buy. Really cool looking accessories, too.

Hopefully the Bloodborne, JSR, Ulala figmas are spread out. Those, combined with whatever SH Figuarts that may appear, I'm going to have to be extremely picky with what to get.

Still waiting for painted previews of Revoltech Spidey. Prototype of those looked so good.

Meanwhile, I received my TMNT Leo and Donnie. Pretty cool figures, and the die-cast legs definitely was a good move! Waiting to get the Revoltech re-issue of Leo so I can take some pics together!

icespide

Banned
ah fuck it I got a bonus at work and decided to treat myself. just pulled the trigger on the TMNT arcade figures from comic con on ebay

Might have to pick up that Link. How's the quality on production figma figures? The paint job on the prototype look great there on Link and his accessories.

Yarbskoo

Might have to pick up that Link. How's the quality on production figma figures? The paint job on the prototype look great there on Link and his accessories.

Pretty damn good in my experience.

Of course, there's also been some disappointments, like Solid Snake's face, but overall these are pretty much the highest quality figures of this type and price range.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hey everyone, I have one question. Does anyone have any experience with The Loyal Subjects figure company. They are making some Street Fighter figures that are very tempting but I am trying to get an idea of scale and quality but have not experience with their products. I know they have done TMNT and Power Rangers. Are their figures any good? Scale wise how do they compare with Funko pop?

http://popvinyls.com/2016/09/27/loyal-subjects-dallas-look-book-reveals-new-lines/

Loyal Subjects figures are pretty nice, I just think they cost too much at around $15 each.

All these Figuarts Turtle posts are causing me to question my decision of getting Forza Horizon 3 this week instead of them.

You said you could get both because your HT got pushed back though. Who's the REAL monster?

Don't those usually go up way late at night?

Something like 11-12 PM PST. Fortuantely AmiAmi tells you they're going up that night...which still doesn't save you from the bloodbath. *shudder*

Gonna try for Han and K-2SO, but since they're different months I'm gonna go with Han first and pray for K-2SO to not be sold out to shove him into my December order!

Top Bottom