• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Replicant

Might have to pick up that Link. How's the quality on production figma figures? The paint job on the prototype look great there on Link and his accessories.

As long as the figure is not close in resemblance to real life person, Figma (GSC) or SH Figuarts (Bandai) line ups usually do a great job in both sculpting and painting and overall quality.

So if it's cartoon-esque or wearing a mask, you're usually safe. But the minute the figure is based on high CG polygons (ie. Solid Snake, Kazuma of Yakuza) or based real-life actors (ie. Luke Skywalker, etc), etc then better stick with Nendoroid because at least they're cute in Chibi form. Or if you have the $$$ then buy the Hot Toys version.

Chinner

Banned
Not even a huge Zelda fan, but the Between Worlds Link is awesome. Mostly because it's old school Link, and has a resemblance to LTTP/LA Link.

Any good U.K. Sites for this kind of stuff? eBay has marked up prices..

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Figuarts Chewie is way undersized. Do not want.

SuperSah

Banned
Not even a huge Zelda fan, but the Between Worlds Link is awesome. Mostly because it's old school Link, and has a resemblance to LTTP/LA Link.

Middlerealm is great and AnimUK but they kinda overprice shit.

Edit: Yes, finally!!

20160928_1100137fsw7.jpg

I would have said Eye on Asia as the price seemed cheaper than importing it, but it's currently out of stock. I pre-ordered it there but I don't know if they've had it in and not fulfilled my order or if they've just not had stock in.

SuperSah

Banned
I would have said Eye on Asia as the price seemed cheaper than importing it, but it's currently out of stock. I pre-ordered it there but I don't know if they've had it in and not fulfilled my order or if they've just not had stock in.

AFAIK, UK stock is due in on the 30th for most of these stores, so Eye on Asia may be the same. AnimUK got stock a week early.

SuperSah

Banned
Finally, Link and Lucina joins the line!

Lucina is probably one of the best figures I own. The attention to detail is insane, the sculpt work is excellent and there's not a single out of place line of paint. Her use of dark blues, gloss blues, gold and maroon look flawless and her accessories are wonderful. She may come with little accessories but the Falchion looks beautiful in gold and silver and her second hair piece allows for a ton of variety. Her cape is also removable and very very nicely detailed. One issue is giving her signature pose takes a VERY long time with a lot of patience. A couple of pics here, excuse the odd quality:

Link on the other hand was a very welcome surprise. For such a small figure he's sure packing a ton of detail. The little stitches on his tunic look great and you can even make out his collar bones on his body. Rovio's bracelet has a wonderful purple paint to it which shines and glistens in the light - it's very eye catching indeed. Even though he has a lack of accessories (unless you buy the DX edition), the Master Sword is very well done and I actually prefer it to the SS Master Sword. His shield is great and retains the embossed details. Overall, Link is actually a great Figma. He's small, yes and some will 100% prefer the SS version but I feel like I'm actually almost drawn to this version a little more. Weird, huh?

Also, took a new pose for Satsuki and was kinda fond of it :p

Simo

Finally got myself a Lawmaster today..

Super kick ass! Any more photos? That's Mezco's right? I think I'm going to try and snag myself one of 3As 1/6 Dredd tomorrow when they go up for preorder.

I also ordered myself a NECA set this week, Ash v Evil Dead, and I haven't bought a 6" or NECA figure in a few years but the sculpt and paint work of the final product that ToyArk did a review of sold me on them. Can't wait for when they arrive!

Wanderer5

Link on the other hand was a very welcome surprise. For such a small figure he's sure packing a ton of detail. The little stitches on his tunic look great and you can even make out his collar bones on his body. Rovio's bracelet has a wonderful purple paint to it which shines and glistens in the light - it's very eye catching indeed. Even though he has a lack of accessories (unless you buy the DX edition), the Master Sword is very well done and I actually prefer it to the SS Master Sword. His shield is great and retains the embossed details. Overall, Link is actually a great Figma. He's small, yes and some will 100% prefer the SS version but I feel like I'm actually almost drawn to this version a little more. Weird, huh?

I cracked up a bit when I saw this pic of the regular edition.

So guess he is like 110mm tall eh (but this is a child link afterall)? That like only a little bit taller than the usual nendoroid height heh. Guess he can kind of scale with Toon and Majora Mask Link nendo decently.:p

I think I would like him more than the SS version, cause I like the more cartoony look and it is LBW, which is by far one of my favorite zelda games.

LiK

ordered Zelda figmas but i canceled HT Armored Batman. just not feeling it anymore. might also cancel all my Civil War HTs with BBTS except for Iron Man and War Machine.

DemiMatt

ordered Zelda figmas but i canceled HT Armored Batman. just not feeling it anymore. might also cancel all my Civil War HTs with BBTS except for Iron Man and War Machine.

But you cant, everyone is so glorious from that movie!

I just got notice Cap is arriving Friday! Cannot wait! Shame it's such a long wait for Iron Man.

LiK

But you cant, everyone is so glorious from that movie!

I just got notice Cap is arriving Friday! Cannot wait! Shame it's such a long wait for Iron Man.

too many. good thing BBTS emails me 10 days before they get it in stock. plenty of time to change my mind. might still keep Black Panther tho.

DemiMatt

too many. good thing BBTS emails me 10 days before they get it in stock. plenty of time to change my mind. might still keep Black Panther tho.

Black Panther, War Machine, and Bucky are the only ones I don't have PO'd yet.

I'm waiting for Bucky to end up on AE so I can get him for a bit cheaper.

I kind of want to wait for a better version of Black Panther.

Went with the MK1 Diecast War Machine, since to me that is the definitive version of WM.

Yarbskoo

Finally, Link and Lucina joins the line!

Lucina is probably one of the best figures I own. The attention to detail is insane, the sculpt work is excellent and there's not a single out of place line of paint. Her use of dark blues, gloss blues, gold and maroon look flawless and her accessories are wonderful. She may come with little accessories but the Falchion looks beautiful in gold and silver and her second hair piece allows for a ton of variety. Her cape is also removable and very very nicely detailed. One issue is giving her signature pose takes a VERY long time with a lot of patience. A couple of pics here, excuse the odd quality:

Also, took a new pose for Satsuki and was kinda fond of it :p

Nice! Lucina did feel a bit light on accessories, but the figure is very nicely detailed and visually complex, and there's plenty of display options with the different hair and face parts, the cape, and the sword. And yeah, getting her to hold the Falchion like the amiibo pose almost requires dislocating her wrist joint.

In some ways I like that Link better than the Skyward Sword version, but I think the SS Link is a better value than the standard ALBW figure, since it's bigger and cheaper and comes with an alternate hair piece and an attack effect part. Still, even without the DX accessories it's a quality figure, and I like this particular iteration of Link's design. If only the in-game model looked as good.

Just got an email from Sideshow that Deadpool is delayed due to a problem with the figure.

Thank you for pre-ordering the Hot Toys Deadpool sixth scale figure from Sideshow. We wanted to let you know that recipients of early overseas shipments reported an issue with one of the accessories. As such, Hot Toys responded to collector feedback by fixing the accessory in question before the remaining items leave their factory. This is certainly good news, however this correction has resulted in the items arriving to us in split shipments as the correction is completed.

As such, Sideshow will be processing the orders in batches based on the number of items that we receive. Your Deadpool figure is in the next shipment to arrive, approximately Nov. / Dec. 2016. We apologize for the delay and will keep you updated via email with any information as we receive it.

We apologize for any inconvenience these delays may cause for you.

Best regards,

The Sideshow Team

Bummed it's delayed, but glad they're fixing it. I'm guessing it's the issue with the cloth on the wrist fraying due to the hands/gloves.

The good news is that's one less figure to worry about this month. I already have Ultron Mk I on the way, and Disco shipping soon. Not to mention all the other figures that came in this month from BBTS.

SuperSah

Banned
Nice! Lucina did feel a bit light on accessories, but the figure is very nicely detailed and visually complex, and there's plenty of display options with the different hair and face parts, the cape, and the sword. And yeah, getting her to hold the Falchion like the amiibo pose almost requires dislocating her wrist joint.

In some ways I like that Link better than the Skyward Sword version, but I think the SS Link is a better value than the standard ALBW figure, since it's bigger and cheaper and comes with an alternate hair piece and an attack effect part. Still, even without the DX accessories it's a quality figure, and I like this particular iteration of Link's design. If only the in-game model looked as good.

I did my best to get Lucina in that pose, I think I did OK but in the photos they got it very close to her body which I can't seem to replicate. Her detail is utterly fantastic though, the stitching on her cuffs and shoes, the gold trims and even her right eye being different to the left - an excellent figure!

SS Link is hella better value and I won't disagree, but for some reason side-by-side, I seriously prefer the ALBW Link. He seems more 'Link' to me, you know?

I cracked up a bit when I saw this pic of the regular edition.

So guess he is like 110mm tall eh (but this is a child link afterall)? That like only a little bit taller than the usual nendoroid height heh. Guess he can kind of scale with Toon and Majora Mask Link nendo decently.:p

I think I would like him more than the SS version, cause I like the more cartoony look and it is LBW, which is by far one of my favorite zelda games.

Yeah, he's small but the size actually works for him. It works so so well and honestly it seems very natural for him.

Wanderer5

Yeah, he's small but the size actually works for him. It works so so well and honestly it seems very natural for him.

Well yeah again he is child link, so makes sense.

Not sure if the standard version would have been worth it, through probably be easier to get in the aftermarket if I ended up wanting him, which I'm not sure I going to plan to despite having been excited for him a while back.

DemiMatt

Just got an email from Sideshow that Deadpool is delayed due to a problem with the figure.

Bummed it's delayed, but glad they're fixing it. I'm guessing it's the issue with the cloth on the wrist fraying due to the hands/gloves.

Thank you for the heads up! I've been wondering what the deal is with this figure - I've been seeing photos of him in Asian for the past month. Seems like a lot of figure are coming out Q4 this year.

So whats the deal with "Rogue Friday"
I work at Walmart so tried to hit the department manager of toys up for the new Sabine figure. She said they are dated to the 3rd.
Afterward some idiot put a case out so I thought I got lucky on lunch and tried to buy a few and the system definitely said October 3rd.

Co-woker brought me the black series (3.75) Ahsoka but someone nabbed it off my stock cart long before lunch.

Simo

Oh nice! Just got my email from Sideshow notifying me that the BvS Batman is shipping on October 13th. A bit of a surprise considering a week ago a got a notice telling me it had been pushed back to November.

2 week shipping notice on regular suit Batman from SS! Pretty excited for this one.

Tunic over the armor, tunic under the armor. I like to know Vaders thought process for his styling for the day.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Well...the Rogue One toys are supposed to officially go on sale this Friday.

Which reminds me, I saw the 3.75-inch ones at a toy store at the Florida Mall yesterday. Sorry about how poorly these pictures came out.

Damn, that toy store has some old figures in stock. The Grand Moff Tarkin in the upper-left of the first photo is from 1996.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
2 week shipping notice on regular suit Batman from SS! Pretty excited for this one.

Tunic over the armor, tunic under the armor. I like to know Vaders thought process for his styling for the day.
I got the email from Sidedshow for the Knightmare Batman and a notice from BBTS for Armor Batman, but not my regular suit Batman.

Messi

Are you buying Vader and secondly are you buying into the Rogue One line?

Vader looks to have a cleaner paint job for the helmet but that's the only change. Wondering if they are using a new body for him but I dunno.

In for the Shoretrooper though. I am a sucker for Star Wars Republic and Imperial troop design and this is just the worst possible movie to have that weakness for.

Are you buying Vader and secondly are you buying into the Rogue One line?

I am not buying Vader and so far, have not preordered any of the Rogue One Hot Toys. Tonight I'm going to ToysRUs to get some Rogue One Legos but that's it so far. I have Batman coming in a few weeks, Yoda, Arkham Joker, and Harley on my list. Probably will get old man Luke if it comes in a decent amount of time. If it's going to release Q4 next year, then I'll just wait for Luke from Episode 8. Rogue One will really have to inspire me and leave a lasting legacy on the Star Wars Universe for me to buy into the Hot Toys.

I fell in love with the Shoretrooper design back at Celebration. It's so good.

Also I'm quite sure Rogue One Stormtroopers are different than your regular ones since they have more detail (because the props now have more detail thanks to modern filmmaking).

dankir

Vader looks to have a cleaner paint job for the helmet but that's the only change. Wondering if they are using a new body for him but I dunno.

In for the Shoretrooper though. I am a sucker for Star Wars Republic and Imperial troop design and this is just the worst possible movie to have that weakness for.

Storm Troopers are on their way to becoming the new Iron Man for Hot Toys. So much choice and variety!

Shouldn't Rouge One Vader have the black vest thing going over the shoulder armor?

This seems heavily ROTS inspired so I'm not surprised it doesn't.

I fell in love with the Shoretrooper design back at Celebration. It's so good.

Also I'm quite sure Rogue One Stormtroopers are different than your regular ones since they have more detail (because the props now have more detail thanks to modern filmmaking).

Enough of a design for you to buy a figure of it? Gob pls

Also I'm happy the added details don't appeal to me so I can pass on the basic stuff.

Storm Troopers are on their way to becoming the new Iron Man for Hot Toys. So much choice and variety!

If HT starts doing clone troopers I'm gonna die.

Top Bottom