• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Showroom akiba
http://toho.seesaa.net/

Metal Build Blue Frame
5sitlit.jpg

zpocMYx.jpg

SHF Marshmallow Man
F8I2ySO.jpg

Went ahead and preordered Luke. He was barely in the movie but he was the whole reason for the movie. I just hope his outfit is something we see being worn in E8.

Received a few new Predators yesterday. Up first, is Chopper from AVP.

Lj4iScp.jpg

4qun1jx.jpg

M9R9oKT.jpg

ESbugsT.jpg

kdwEc5I.jpg

yWgMCoz.jpg

I've been putting this guy off for a while. With my grown Predator clans, Scar was starting to look really lonely. When I saw the NECA E-Bay store was down to only two remaining, I jumped on it. Really happy with the figure overall. The AVP body is just so superior to the older Predator body. Just so much more articulation. Despite all the extra joints, it somehow feels more sturdy and substantial. Of course, NECA went off on the sculpt. Just a spectacular representation for the character. I can wait for the Toys r Us exclusive 2 pack to complete my AVP clan.

I finally dove into the Kenner line of figures. I fully intended to wait for the upcoming line to start this clan, but when I saw these two at a reasonable price on E-Bay, I couldn't resist hitting that cursed buy it now button.

Up first is Hive Wars Predator.

MMRRVTl.jpg

vYAZ6m0.jpg

S1WXGz9.jpg

RRotAJM.jpg

J4rflUQ.jpg

AgjzhYI.jpg

z9dXUjr.jpg

I always knew I wanted this guy. In the reviews I've watched for him, the blue paint just looked gorgeous. In person, it's even better. Just such a beautiful, rich looking paint job on him. The blue highlights throughout his armor and weaponry add so much to the overall aesthetic of the character. Visually, just a wonderful figure. He's on the old Jungle Hunter body, so his articulation isn't the greatest. What's there, works. You can get him into enough cool poses, especially when he's holding his scythe, that the limited articulation doesn't hinder the figure that much. He looks great on the shelf.

Up next is the Nightstorm Predator.

DT7u89B.jpg

xzuXxd8.jpg

yG4ITvV.jpg

U8wfBxA.jpg

cC98rJ8.jpg

Jx9JPBO.jpg

A0P3nog.jpg

Okay. This guy is one bad ass motherfucker. The paint work is amazing. The blue dry brush over the black figure is gorgeous. The face sculpt is so damn fierce. I love the Egyptian vibe to his gold armor. It really feels like some kind of Predator / Stargate mash-up. Having never bothered with tracking down any of the figures from the Predators line, this is the first time I've encountered one of those bodies. If the old Jungle Hunter articulation was problematic, this is just dogshit. I mean, he has a v-cut for leg articulation, so they go forward and back a bit, but his knees and ankles have left and right swivels. That... it just doesn't work. It basically turns him into a statue. Which is fine. He's one bad ass looking statue.

Despite the articulation issues with these Kenner Predators, I love them. They look amazing together on the shelf. I can't wait to add Ghost, Clan Leader and Spiked Tail to their ranks. I'll probably even grab a couple more because they look so cool.

I figured he would get a change, but they have to show him in the same getup at the beginning of the movie. I would imagine. Ahhhh, who cares, it fucking Luke Skywalker looking all Obiwan on us with a mechanical hand. He looks badass.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Thanks to Scourge, Onslaught is complete!

Hobgoblin is dope as hell. Spider-Gwen and Silk are cool, too, though I wish they came with extra hands. We just need Electro to complete Space Venom.

Electro needed extra hands worse than anyone, or just removable effects like on Havok's hands or Nico's staff.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Went ahead and preordered Luke. He was barely in the movie but he was the whole reason for the movie. I just hope his outfit is something we see being worn in E8.

EDIT: Removed drawing of Luke's Episode VIII costume. Not a spoiler in my opinion, but could be seen as such I guess.
It's a huge improvement over his TFA costume in my opinion.

Action Figure GAF, spotted this at my local Toys R Us this morning:

Power Rangers Legacy - Green Ranger

It looked pretty dang good and I missed the Figuarts line (which I regret, I had every opportunity to grab a Green Ranger). I mean, it's a bit taller than the Figuarts but seems pretty comparable in terms of articulation and detail, but I'm a little hazy on how the Figuarts looked. Pretty sure the Figuarts was a little more accurate to the show representation (i.e. less muscle definition) and had more articulation, but anyone with any of the Power Rangers Figuarts able to weigh in?

Tempted by this, but if it's generally hailed as poorly comparable to the Figuarts, then I think it'll just drive home my regret not grabbing the Figuarts Green Ranger when I had a chance.

Action Figure GAF, spotted this at my local Toys R Us this morning:

Power Rangers Legacy - Green Ranger

It looked pretty dang good and I missed the Figuarts line (which I regret, I had every opportunity to grab a Green Ranger). I mean, it's a bit taller than the Figuarts but seems pretty comparable in terms of articulation and detail, but I'm a little hazy on how the Figuarts looked. Pretty sure the Figuarts was a little more accurate to the show representation (i.e. less muscle definition) and had more articulation, but anyone with any of the Power Rangers Figuarts able to weigh in?

Tempted by this, but if it's generally hailed as poorly comparable to the Figuarts, then I think it'll just drive home my regret not grabbing the Figuarts Green Ranger when I had a chance.

It's the best figure you'll get of him that isn't Figuarts. He's a good figure too, stands up well compared to Hasbro offerings. Easily the best figures BoA has put out in their entire history. Yeah, Figuarts is better, but for $20 and the opportunity to get the whole team at a much more reasonable price, I'd say go for it.

I bought that Green Ranger about a month ago and I don't regret it. I had the same thought process. It's not SH Figuarts and he's a little too buff, but it's cheaper. And if you're going for a full set, you'll save a ton in the long run.

It can hold the dagger up like a flute with the right posing and hand placement. There are no images on the box showing how to do it, but just Google images from the show to see what it looks like.

dankir

Should be getting Ultron Mark 1 and Armored Batman in a week or so. Fuck these are getting pricey #datCanadianExchangeRate :(

LiK

man, when is reissue of Dragonzord coming. i remember seeing a pic like last year but nothing else has come to pass.

I have to say, Marvel Legends Nico looks great. However, I only pick up MCU Legends now because they have unique sculpts and feel like they're more worthy of the price tag.

(Not my picture)
If the Daredevil and Punisher figures sell well, then Luke Cage and Iron Fist are a shoe in. We should get Jessica Jones as well.
I really hope Iron Fist looks great in the show, now that you mention it.
The only two confirmed right now actually are The Punisher and Jessica Jones.

SDCC-2016-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Update-35-of-57-800x600.jpg
Those are definite pickups for me, even though I wasn't that fond of JJ.

Guys, buy the Figuarts Turtles. Use an eBay coupon or points but get at least one. Received Leo in the mail today and after Hot Toys Rey he's the best figure I've gotten this year. Like I'm not the biggest TMNT fan but holy shit is this guy amazing.

For the dinosaur fans..

Official 'The Lost World: Jurassic Park' 1:1 Compsognathus replica, by Chronicle Collectibles!

cXqOnon.jpg

Chronicle Collectibles introduces the The Lost World: Jurassic Park 1:1 Compsognathus. This product was molded and cast directly from a Stan Winston casting from The Lost World: Jurassic Park. We had the honor of working with Tim Gore on this piece to have the master hand-painted by the original painter of the Compy from the film. These pieces will be individually numbered.

30″ long, 16″ tall and 8″ wide on the base

This piece is available for pre-order and is estimated to ship in 2nd Quarter 2017.

$349.99 - Limited Edition Size: TBD after 30 days

Replicant

Saber 2.0 is getting re-released!

XHCEWQG.jpg

She's one of my first few figures I collected so I'm getting another one for nostalgia. Definitely one of the best-looking figures for the price and size. Definitely how I get addicted to the figma/nendoroid/GSC line-ups.

Simo

I haven't bought a NECA figure in years so I was pleasantly surprised at how great these Ash vs Evil Dead figures turned out. Just a few quick snaps with my phone:

Really tempted to get the Value-Shop Ash now and I just ordered their Ultimate Jason from Friday the 13th Part 3.

Daingurse

I just got a Papo T-Rex after stumbling upon the line on Amazon. I've always liked dinosaurs, when I was kid I had a lot the Jurassic Park toys and loved them. I don't know why the thought of getting a dinosaur figure only recently occurred to me, but man am I glad it did! This thing is savage:

Pretty much looks exactly like the T-Rex from Jurassic Park, but I don't think this is an officially licensed product lol? Either way, I'm pretty damn happy with this. Man did T-Rex ever have an enormous head!

SeanC

Got my Figma Link DX today. It's a gorgeous little piece.

Thing is, it's also supposed to come with the flat-link wall mural but I don't see it. Stand for it is there, just not it. For those that have it, am I overlooking it?

Secondly, if you're I pulled off one straight out of the socket instead of off the ball joint and I have no clue how to get it back together. I can see the half-peg but I'm afraid to use a ton of pressure on it to try and fix. A bit at a loss.

Not a good start for an otherwise great figure.

Update: A good pair of needle-nose pliers took care of the joint thing, though I had to kind of reshape it because I tugged too hard. Still, worked.

Also noticed the tornado-rod spinny plastic piece not in there as well. So watched an unboxing video and apparently they put those things in a hidden pouch area. Huh...

Yarbskoo

Got my Figma Link DX today. It's a gorgeous little piece.

Thing is, it's also supposed to come with the flat-link wall mural but I don't see it. Stand for it is there, just not it. For those that have it, am I overlooking it?

Secondly, if you're I pulled off one straight out of the socket instead of off the ball joint and I have no clue how to get it back together. I can see the half-peg but I'm afraid to use a ton of pressure on it to try and fix. A bit at a loss.

Not a good start for an otherwise great figure.

Update: A good pair of needle-nose pliers took care of the joint thing, though I had to kind of reshape it because I tugged too hard. Still, worked.

Also noticed the tornado-rod spinny plastic piece not in there as well. So watched an unboxing video and apparently they put those things in a hidden pouch area. Huh...

So it didn't come with the transparent plastic pieces? That's odd. I don't even remember where mine were, just that I didn't have any trouble finding them.

SeanC

So it didn't come with the transparent plastic pieces? That's odd. I don't even remember where mine were, just that I didn't have any trouble finding them.

I found them, but it was in between the creases of the box where I guess they store thin pieces like that. I just had to see a video.

So all in all it's a great figure, one of my favorites. I just love that he's smiling and happy.

NEO0MJ

Pretty much looks exactly like the T-Rex from Jurassic Park, but I don't think this is an officially licensed product lol? Either way, I'm pretty damn happy with this. Man did T-Rex ever have an enormous head!

It's a wonder how it manages to balance itself considering its body shape.

dawgparty

I want to try and get some more P3 figures. At the moment I only have Shinji/Koromaru and Mitsuru:

20160930_200304.jpg

Damn dude, these are great. I really want a Koromaru figure but I think the one with Shinji is all there is. I would also love a figure of the female protag from P3 but I have never really found any merch at all with her on it.

Yarbskoo

I found them, but it was in between the creases of the box where I guess they store thin pieces like that. I just had to see a video.

So all in all it's a great figure, one of my favorites. I just love that he's smiling and happy.

Oh good. It really is a great figure. I really like all the accessories, even if most of them do end up sitting in in a drawer in the little bag.

My latest figure arrived. Went with Tali this time from Mass Effect.

CuAoBQcWEAA_88O.jpg:large

That one's pretty great too. The pose isn't what I would have picked, but there's a lot of detail, and I like that you can see that there's a face inside the helmet. It was the only figure I had of that size until the Zero Suit Samus got a rerelease.

Top Bottom