• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my Knightmare Batman Hot Toy today! I'll mess with him tonight after work. Find it funny that his upper torso is so squishy, haha.

batfax

Some surprise Figma reveals from NYCC.
tumblr_oelku3htiu1rdjpiuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oellebGvFi1rdjpiuo1_1280.jpg

Vidiot

Prime 3 Samus looks bad. Waist is too thin and the proportions in general look off. I'll stick with the Other M version.

Hey guys I haven't really collected any figures before but fell in love with the good smile's nendoroid's.

is anyone here familar with collecting them what the best place to buy them?

I've been to two hobby shops in bc and they go for 65-90$ Canadian

Yarbskoo

Prime 3 Samus looks bad. Waist is too thin and the proportions in general look off. I'll stick with the Other M version.

The proportions do look a bit off, but I like the source design a lot more than the Other M armor, so I'm more than fine with having both. I'm sure it'll look great when it's painted.

Hey guys I haven't really collected any figures before but fell in love with the good smile's nendoroid's.

I only have two Nendos and a third preordered, but I got them all from AmiAmi.

You might want to check the Nendoroid thread.

batfax

Online is the easiest. Importing from Amiami or HLJ is great for upcoming releases, with HLJ typically offering better shipping options and Amiami offering some nice discounts for preordering earlier. Pulling up a random preorder, a 3,840 JPY nendo would go for about 50 Canadian. Mandarake is the popular pick for preowned figures, but be aware it has a physical storefront as well so sometimes you'll find what you ordered already sold.

Since you have a TF2 avatar, I guess it's also worth mentioning that the DOTA figmas and nendos are available from the Valve store directly, and Big Bad Toystore isn't a bad choice either sometimes, and has worldwide shipping even though it's a US retailer.

And of course, there's Amazon and eBay but be careful of bootlegs and stuff. Make sure they're not shipping from China or Hong Kong or something, and if it's too good to be true it probably is. You can use My Figure Collection as a decent enough resource to check on what figures have known bootlegs and what to look for in pics and stuff. Sometimes you can buy directly from other collectors too.

I only have two Nendos and a third preordered, but I got them all from AmiAmi.

You might want to check the Nendoroid thread.

Online is the easiest. Importing from Amiami or HLJ is great for upcoming releases, with HLJ typically offering better shipping options and Amiami offering some nice discounts for preordering earlier. Pulling up a random preorder, a 3,840 JPY nendo would go for about 50 Canadian. Mandarake is the popular pick for preowned figures, but be aware it has a physical storefront as well so sometimes you'll find what you ordered already sold.

Since you have a TF2 avatar, I guess it's also worth mentioning that the DOTA figmas and nendos are available from the Valve store directly, and Big Bad Toystore isn't a bad choice either sometimes, and has worldwide shipping even though it's a US retailer.

And of course, there's Amazon and eBay but be careful of bootlegs and stuff. Make sure they're not shipping from China or Hong Kong or something, and if it's too good to be true it probably is. You can use My Figure Collection as a decent enough resource to check on what figures have known bootlegs and what to look for in pics and stuff. Sometimes you can buy directly from other collectors too.

Thanks guys your a huge help!

Death's Head II looks awesome. I hope he's not a BAF. But I'm afraid he will be. Also, Shocker is amazing. That black costume Spiderman wave is just ridiculous.

Drayco21

Death's Head II looks awesome. I hope he's not a BAF. But I'm afraid he will be. Also, Shocker is amazing. That black costume Spiderman wave is just ridiculous.

He looks like he's a remold of the new Colossus, which is getting a single release- so maybe he won't be the BAF. I'm not even sure what wave he'd be slotted into though. Guardians 2?

He looks like he's a remold of the new Colossus, which is getting a single release- so maybe he won't be the BAF. I'm not even sure what wave he'd be slotted into though. Guardians 2?

Really looking at him, I think you're right. He definitely has a few new parts, but he does look like Colossus. Guardians would make sense due to the timing. He'll be an oddball in whatever wave they slot him into, that's for sure. Unless, they go crazy and do a Marvel UK wave.

Toxi

Banned
Some surprise Figma reveals from NYCC.
tumblr_oellebGvFi1rdjpiuo1_1280.jpg

I'm warming up to this one. The picture's taken at an awkward angle, and I expect it to look better as I see more of it in different poses. She may not look like the art renders or in-game model, but outside the arm cannon (please please please let that be changed in the final version; it's the one part of Samus you see 90% of the time in-game), I can dig. It'll still be a high quality Samus toy.

What would really be cool is if they included one of the arm cannon transformations for Samus's different beams.

ludens figma from NYCC via kojima's twitter
That is a fucking cool figure. Kojima should be proud of his artists who managed to come up with Ludens.

NEO0MJ

So how can I make sure I don't miss out on the Megazord? Dave, you seem to know these things. I can miss out on it. A SOC Megazord has been a Grail for me and I've been wanting it for like a decade.

Wanderer5

I hope the base won't be so huge or such, cause of her pose, which is already looking quite cute (and I never got the she needs to be sexier comments <.<).

NEO0MJ

SOC Megazord is up on AmiAmi and BBTS. It was also up on HLJ but they had to stop orders.
Guess I don't need my Amazon preorder now.

Anth0ny

Holy shit pictures of the SOC megazord are finally out and it's beautiful &#65533;&#65533;

I can't miss out on this. I don't care that it costs around $300.

noob question: what's the difference between this and the legacy edition megazord released in North America a couple of years ago?

I don't think I have enough space for two of the same megazords ._.

NEO0MJ

noob question: what's the difference between this and the legacy edition megazord released in North America a couple of years ago?

I don't think I have enough space for two of the same megazords ._.

SOC toys are pretty much one of the most high-end robot figures around. You'd be hard pressed to find better sculpted, articulated, painted, and carefully built toys. I have a few and they're some of my favorite stuff.
Just compare the above toy to the legacy version.

81Dct5d7jML._SY450_.jpg

The chest detail alone makes it worth buying the SOC version. Plus it doesn't have that horrible hollow parts syndrome that comes up usually with cheap toys these days.

Jaeger

So many wonderful toy related stuff this week!!! Finally Ultimate City Hunter is available for pre-order at BBTS! I'm guessing Jungle Hunter will come later. Copped.

1000Toys's 1/12 Synthetic Human is available on BBTS for pre-order also (thanks to me). Copped!!!

So awesome. Waiting for Samus Figma and Jungle Hunter.

Top Bottom