• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Jeff-DSA

Found this going through old stuff. Not sure if it's worth anything or collectible. If anyone here would like it, I'll give it up if you want to cover shipping. Never opened.

XC2WZUX.jpg

NEO0MJ

Well, with the unexpected news of my wife and I having a kid, I canceled 4 preorders and ate the NRD and only have two preorders left. Old Luke and Arkham Joker.

I was going to keep all the preorders until I researched the cost of child care until they goto school and holy shit.

68570290.jpg

just kidding. Congrats, man!

Found this going through old stuff. Not sure if it's worth anything or collectible. If anyone here would like it, I'll give it up if you want to cover shipping. Never opened.

Something about Wolverine shooting a gun seems so funny.

Oh wow, I think I have that. Mine would have been from the early 1990s, and I probably got it from a friend who worked at Kay-Bee.

And it doesn't appear to be worth much of anything even though it's like 20 years old.

Replicant

This looks kind of good?

RJpYxXu.jpg

What should I do GAF? I never heard of 3 zero? Also, I want Danse in it instead this nobody character. Do you think Hot Toys will ever do a proper one later on?

Vyer

Well, with the unexpected news of my wife and I having a kid, I canceled 4 preorders and ate the NRD and only have two preorders left. Old Luke and Arkham Joker.

I was going to keep all the preorders until I researched the cost of child care until they goto school and holy shit.

Congrats, Korupt!

And yeah childcare will break you

Batfleck might be the most screen accurate Hot Toys I own. Next to the DC Collectibles Harley statue, I'm happy that she scales well. Here is a quick pose with him. Had to run too the dentist so didn't get to play too much.

jackdoe

Batfleck might be the most screen accurate Hot Toys I own. Next to the DC Collectibles Harley statue, I'm happy that she scales well. Here is a quick pose with him. Had to run too the dentist so didn't get to play too much.
Very nice. Sideshow will be charging my card this Friday, so I should be getting him next week. Cannot wait.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I have my Batfleck coming from BBTS, hopefully they get that shipping soon. I want to display him with the Knightmare and Armor Batman.

cr0w

Old Member
Really wish I hadn't cancelled my HT Batfleck a few months back when my wife got laid off. Can't believe the prices I'm seeing for him now, apparently he's completely sold out.

Simo

Really wish I hadn't cancelled my HT Batfleck a few months back when my wife got laid off. Can't believe the prices I'm seeing for him now, apparently he's completely sold out.

Wow really?! I think they actually ramped up production to meet more demand because a lot of Sideshow waitlists got converted. Mine arrived today at work but since I had the day off I didn't bother to head on down to pick him up so I'll just grab it tomorrow.

cr0w

Old Member
Wow really?! I think they actually ramped up production to meet more demand because a lot of Sideshow waitlists got converted. Mine arrived today at work but since I had the day off I didn't bother to head on down to pick him up so I'll just grab it tomorrow.

Just going by what I heard, pretty much everywhere has been sold out for months. I've got a line out to my comic shop to let me know if they get any spares in.

cr0w

Old Member
Hot damn, my comic shop has one coming in that wasn't spoken for, so I put a deposit on him and he should be there next week!

cr0w

Old Member
That's actually Sideshow, not Hot Toys. Sideshow charges out the ass for their products, they've been doing so for years since they're basically the only game in town with all of these licenses.

Hot Toys would probably charge around $175 for that if they made it.

Also, it has a bunch of electronics.

The Han Solo in Carbonite Sixth Scale Collectible Figure specially features:

Illuminated base
Illuminated carbon slab control panel
Multiple display options
Horizontal display with Bespin hallway base design and illumination
Upright display with carbon chamber base design and illumination
Magnetic vertical stand, the side panel lights up and is switchable with both sides

SeanC

Ah that's right. Didn't realize it's Sideshow itself not HT. That's still a bit much for a sixth-scale and not a premium figure from them. The light up features can't add that much to it (which they don't show in the pics, which is odd)

If it was $175 or maybe even less I'd plop down the $$$ for it.

Replicant

Hot Toys really needs to explain how the hell this is as expensive as it is. Because I'm not seeing it.

It's a plastic slab, yet costs more than a detailed articulated figure with layers of clothes and accessories. Is it carved from actual carbon?

Yeah, if it was like 70-100 I may budge but as it is now, it's a big NOPE!

Oh wait, it's Sideshow? It's even bigger NOPE then! Probably will just wait for the S.H Figuarts version.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Revo Deadpool paid for from HLJ! Mmmmm.

Also picked up Iron Skull since most of the wave is $12.98 on Amazon. Pretty nice figure, especially the Red Skull head! Just goes to show you that Hasbro CAN use actual paint to let their sculpts shine through.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah, if it was like 70-100 I may budge but as it is now, it's a big NOPE!

Oh wait, it's Sideshow? It's even bigger NOPE then! Probably will just wait for the S.H Figuarts version.

Are they doing one? If not then it would be easy to make a 1/12 scale mold off of the Sideshow one.

Simo

Man the Hot Toys Batman is a awesome piece. I pretty much just did the same thing for now which is taking him out the box and put him in the Detolf until I get some time this weekend to fuzz around with it and all the accessories. Gotta take off the plastic too. lol

Man, I hate to do this but I'm having a hell of a time finding the Hovertank Pilot from the 6" Star Wars Black Series line. I've wasted so much gas checking my TRUs. Does anyone have one to sell by chance?

Paypal ready.

In other news, got my Deadpool Hot Toy. I LOVE the magnetic replaceable eyes. I ran out of room in my Detolfs and just added him to the Kylo display

62A4752B-D2EE-46E9-AEBA-61807045E76A_zpscaogjpog.jpg

Man, I hate to do this but I'm having a hell of a time finding the Hovertank Pilot from the 6" Star Wars Black Series line. I've wasted so much gas checking my TRUs. Does anyone have one to sell by chance?

Paypal ready.

In other news, got my Deadpool Hot Toy. I LOVE the magnetic replaceable eyes. I ran out of room in my Detolfs and just added him to the Kylo display

62A4752B-D2EE-46E9-AEBA-61807045E76A_zpscaogjpog.jpg

Beauty of Deadpool. He fits in with any collection.

NEO0MJ

My brother was showing me this (He has every masterpiece G1 release thus far) and he was bummed about the back of the figure or something. At least the legs aren't super shit like last time.

His back and top of chest are a mess of parts that looks pretty bad. You won't see those angles much but they're pretty distracting.
He also has what some might call an Urkel effect when compared to Prime, though I guess that's part of being cartoon accurate.

NEO0MJ

OK I've asked around and I think this might be the best place for my question.

I'm looking at buying this Chun-Li, but know nothing about Pop Culture Shock or the company that makes this figure. The price tag really isn't an issue for me, as long as the figure is well made. Can anyone help me out?

http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/street-fighter-chun-li-vtrigger-exclusive.html

The old figure guys might have been able to provide more help but they're mostly gone and hang out in my figure collection.

Based on what I read it seems they're good in regards to sculpture but sometimes they have a few issues with final paint where some areas have slightly different tones though they're only visible when observed up close.

Personal opinion I think it looks nice.

XenoRaven

The old figure guys might have been able to provide more help but they're mostly gone and hang out in my figure collection.

Based on what I read it seems they're good in regards to sculpture but sometimes they have a few issues with final paint where some areas have slightly different tones though they're only visible when observed up close.

Personal opinion I think it looks nice.
Thanks. There's one complaint on the BBB website about PCS not being very responsive, and that was echoed in another thread where I asked this same question, but I went ahead and ordered it anyway. I'm a sucker for good Chun-Li statues and this one looks really nice, especially with the V-Trigger glow thingies around her.

Top Bottom