• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I purposely don't shop with AmiAmi because of their draconian policies.

I like to have the option to cancel and such, if that means I pay a bit extra with BBTS, Amazon Japan or HLJ so be it.

I won't support those types of practices.

Indecisive collector's unite!

draconian policies?

by the way guys im not a huge collector of figures by any means mostly due to cost( and exchange rates) and space so i have skipped out on alot of figures over the years how ever a few years back i did jump on the ThreeA full scale Rex figure which is fantastic and i passed on the Ray figure as i wanted the version with a tail ie MGS2 ray not rising ray and on an unrelated note im pretty picky about paint work so its almost impossbile to find a perfect goku figure if all the paint work is on point the hair will probbly be off - talking SSJ here

any who now that Ray is a bit cheaper i have been considering it but the exchange rate kinda puts a damper on it

was wondering what other fair priced metal gear figs there are out there?
ie i like the look of the medicom ones but they costs to damn much and i wish i wish i had picked up a play arts gray fox years ago when he was cheap sigh and iv skipped on pretty much every oppertunity to buy Sahelanthropus , the first megahouse figure looked good but im just not a fan of Sahelanthropus he feels very bland and uninspired ie looks like Rex if you pose him correctly ....

So who is getting the NECA 1/4 scale 1990s TMNT figs ?

and i wonder if they would consider making shredder , splinter and april or just other cast mebmers hmmm

LiK

That's disappointing. Usually Playarts have rights to FF characters don't they? Doubt we'll see anyone else attempt a Noctis figure.

PlayArts is owned by SE. So yes, don't expect other companies to get rights to the IP like the old days. Even all their statues and figures are part of the Arts line now.

Chinner

Banned
PlayArts is owned by SE. So yes, don't expect other companies to get rights to the IP like the old days. Even all their statues and figures are part of the Arts line now.
I didn't know that! Fair enough then. I'll look into Noctis more but his face does look a little dopey in some shots.

LiK

I didn't know that! Fair enough then. I'll look into Noctis more but his face does look a little dopey in some shots.

I have the one from UCE but I haven't opened it yet. It's always hit or miss with them. Some faces look great but some look completely off.

Just emailed Sideshow and asked if they would refund my payments made to Luke along with rewards points to another figure. I liked it but other than Jyn, I'm trying to get remaining stuff before the little one comes.

LiK

I'm having flashbacks of the mgs2 snake figma :(

PlayArts Snake from MGS1 was pretty bad. I still have it sealed and it's worth a shitload of money now. Will probably sell it next year while I'm doing a major clearing out of figures from my collection. Need space.

Yarbskoo

My Zero Suit figma arrived.
IDlqmYH.png
pM4wwVI.png

25xcnQa.png
K0wD2rv.png

K1KPfmP.png

I like it. The pull out hip and shoulder joints allow for some nice poses, and I especially like the detail and paintwork on the gun. The faces look pretty good, and although the casting isn't completely clean, it looks nice enough at a normal viewing distance. My main complaints would be the minimal accessories (the helmet is kinda lame), and the front piece of the default hair comes out way too easily. The alt hair is a nice bonus, though I do wish the peg hole in her back wasn't flesh colored inside.

I like it. The pull out hip and shoulder joints allow for some nice poses, and I especially like the detail and paintwork on the gun. The faces look pretty good, and although the casting isn't completely clean, it looks nice enough at a normal viewing distance. My main complaints would be the minimal accessories (the helmet is kinda lame), and the front piece of the default hair comes out way too easily. The alt hair is a nice bonus, though I do wish the peg hole in her back wasn't flesh colored inside.

Dat desktop wallpaper mmmmmm

SuperSah

Banned
IDlqmYH.png
pM4wwVI.png

25xcnQa.png
K0wD2rv.png

K1KPfmP.png

Looking forward to receiving mine!:)

Yazuka

How long does it take for orders from Amiami to arrive? Just give me an estimate.
And how much do they usually charge for shipping? If you bought an figma figure?
I've never imported figurines myself before, so sorry for the questions.

How long does it take for orders from Amiami to arrive? Just give me an estimate.
And how much do they usually charge for shipping? If you bought an figma figure?

Depends on the shipping method you choose. EMS, which is what the majority of people here will recommend, takes less than a week usually. That type of shipping is usually $15-20 I wanna say for that size box?

Yarbskoo

Dat desktop wallpaper mmmmmm

Gordon is a very sexy man.

They have different options to choose from with varying costs and shipment times.

I don't fuck around when it comes to shipping. I paid about $20 for 2 day DHL.

SuperSah

Banned
So you fell down the rabbit hole, eh?

Ain't no going back once you get in. :(

Everything about it excites me. I love figures in this size with such amazing quality and hell, even the boxes of these things are collectables to me. I'm in a hole I can't get out of, nor wish to get out of. :p

just an update: Amazon canceled the Metal Build F91 pre-order i had due Amazon not being able to secure any stock. My friend also got his cancelled. The print is extremely limited from Blue Fin. Congrats on all those who got an F91 pre-order in.

for those who are into Macross figures and keeping up with MDelta, Bandai VF-31F Messer pre-orders were announced for January 6th. But get this. Bandai left a special note saying presence or absence handling depending on retailers.
so retailers do not have to open their pre-orders at the set time. This is going to be like a lottery and really hard to get.

good luck for any who try. i'll update with pics of messer's valk later when i get the chance to settle in.

edit: posted pics of Messer's VF-31F

Messi

Messi your obsession is unhealthy (how do you not have a Harley avatar?).

Its possible my love of Olivia Wilde is the only thing stronger than my harley love.

This isn't even everything. I got this one a month or two ago.

Way more statues on order too :/

dont get me started on that broken Wonder Woman bombshell statue. I hate it.

I ordered the Play Arts Prompto figure. I was planning on getting the whole FF XV cast, but I'm not so sure now after hearing about Noctis.

I'm thinking right now my next figure might either be figma Elsa or PAK Advent Children Cloud.

Still waiting on an Arkham Joker I wouldn't hold my breath.

I was never the biggest fan of the Arkham games Joker design. I would love to see Hot Toys do more of the characters but between all their license, they seem to be having a hard time getting things out they announce on time these days. If Catwoman was announced, I wouldn't even have to discuss it with my wife, she would want it more than me.

Folks what's the best way to avoid fakes in the Hot Toys line off ebay? I saw a Ben Kenobi figure that blew my mind and I've decided that for my next purchase, plus I'm planning on ANH Luke and maybe Han later in 2017. I want to get the original cast out of the way,and then maybe branch out to other characters down the line.

Top Bottom