• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dankir

Happy New's Action Gaf!

New GotG2 figures!

15775016_10154094357267344_7725210445352232580_o.jpg

posted about these a few pages back , trying to figure out the most cost effective way to get them to Australia sadly atm the AUD isnt much better then the CAD ie its about $240 posted for just one of them , so far hobby galxy has the cheapest listing price but not the cheapest postage, do we know how many of these figures will be produced ie print run size ? and if there will be price drops ?
GIUBWoQ.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I LOVE the movie design of the turtles. Would be awesome to own those guys, but them price tags... For now, I want to eventually get the SH Figuarts of their cartoon design, which are the best looking figures of that style (and more affordable, although more high-end, compared to other Figuarts).

I LOVE the movie design of the turtles. Would be awesome to own those guys, but them price tags... For now, I want to eventually get the SH Figuarts of their cartoon design, which are the best looking figures of that style (and more affordable, although more high-end, compared to other Figuarts).

amazon has em the cheapest ? sure i saw them under 60USD a pop

Fjordson

Those TMNT movie figures are amazing. I have Donny coming soon from Big Bad. Looking forward to the other three.

NECA man...they're pretty much always putting out quality stuff.

SuperSah

Banned
I would sell some because I own wayyy too many now but most of mine are part of a series so I can't just sell the lesser ones.

Ah poopy.

Well, do shoot me a PM if you're happy to part with any and I'll take a look.

I'm looking to get my first 'scale' figure, or non-posable should we say. I wanted a Yoko Littner figure but man they're all out of production and aftermarket sales can only be obtained overseas (couple with the expensive import fees), so it's hard to get into!

SuperSah

Banned
Was just browsing AmiAmi and to my delight, they're re-releasing Momohime from Muramasa THIS MONTH! I totally missed out on her and loved the game to pieces. Guess who just preordered her?

Also, out of curiosity - these plastic circular looking stands under the figures, do they come with them or not? If not, where can I find similar? I'd not want the paint underneath the figure scratching up.

I'll start with the stuff with the room I'm that has football on lol

And then this is the newest part of the collection in here, not sure where I'm putting it.

Will do individual shelves of my smaller stuff later tonight. Kinda just grouping everything into this right now instead of dividing them between the three threads that they technically fit into. Space is turning into my worst enemy with collecting right now in case that wasn't clear already lol.

Actually just finished this shelf yesterday so might as well post it.

DAMN, I got a little ways to go. Great stuff man...

Zombine

Banned
Also, out of curiosity - these plastic circular looking stands under the figures, do they come with them or not? If not, where can I find similar? I'd not want the paint underneath the figure scratching up.

Sometimes. They usually only come with with the statue if they have a hard time standing on their own.

leng jai

Was just browsing AmiAmi and to my delight, they're re-releasing Momohime from Muramasa THIS MONTH! I totally missed out on her and loved the game to pieces. Guess who just preordered her?

It's a gorgeous figure, had one since they first released it. Pretty sure mine didn't come with the white base though.

SuperSah

Banned
It's a gorgeous figure, had one since they first released it. Pretty sure mine didn't come with the white base though.

Sometimes. They usually only come with with the statue if they have a hard time standing on their own.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Anywhere decent to find any? Also, can anyone recommend me a decent looking turntable thing so I can rotate them without always having to put my grubby hands over em'?:p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
amazon has em the cheapest ? sure i saw them under 60USD a pop

I haven't really had the chance to shop around for them (holding off for now), but since I believe that all of them are Bandai exclusive, I don't know how many places would sell them for much cheaper, considering the currency rate+shipping. Amazon is usually the best bet for those exclusive ones. Big in Japan is usually a little more. Crunchyroll has taxes and shipping, and is out of stock on two of them. Only a slight discount on the actual price, though.

I got my Figma Samus and Elsa today, and... I gotta say, this is not a favourable comparison for Samus. Elsa is amazing - she's basically screen perfect and has POSABLE FRICKING EYES! Samus, meanwhile comes with a Other M helmet.

Oh, and:

figma_elsa04.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
I got my Figma Samus and Elsa today, and... I gotta say, this is not a favourable comparison for Samus. Elsa is amazing - she's basically screen perfect and has POSABLE FRICKING EYES! Samus, meanwhile comes with a Other M helmet.

Oh, and:

figma_elsa04.jpg

Care to share more photos of Elsa? I might have to cave in..

Ah man she looks great!

Would you recommend it? How's possibility with her big ol' cape thing?

The cape doesn't pose at all. The sides and the back are on ball joints to a small piece that fits in her back, but they're just for small adjustments.

Still very recommended.

Oh man... I don't like that Elsa. The face just looks off. Production shots actually looked like Elsa. If I don't like it in person when mine arrives I'm probably just gonna sell it. The Nendo was so cute, as well.

Daingurse

Got the batteries for the Godzilla, it's pretty damn neat. It's a lot of fun just hearing the roars and music on demand. If they ever make a Showa Ghidorah under this new line, I will have no choice but to make it mine . . .

We did some shopping today...

Got the World of Nintendo figures at Target, as well as Sentry (on clearance). Poe Dameron and Umbridge were at Books-A-Million.

Kylo Ren, First Order TIE Fighter Pilot, Valkyrie, and Thundra were on clearance (plus buy 1, get 1 free) at GameStop, and it was only about $24 for all four of them.

SuperSah

Banned
Figma Zero Suit Samus turned up today!

What a figure - the paint job on her is incredible. I love the sheen of her armour and hair and all the intricate detail placed into her suit's emblems and weapons. She looks exactly how ZSS should look and it's so very well done.

A nice stand out is how her skin-tight suit is emphasised. Her belly button and feminine curves and indentations are subtle and just there. It really does well to show she's wearing such a tight suit.

Excellent stuff! My only complaint is the included helmet is virtually useless despite being very well made and painted. They should have given her a small Metroid to shoot at or something, but otherwise it's an excellent figure and one to get before it sells out and reaches stupid aftermarket prices as these tend to.

Spoiled this week. Getting Darth Maul on Thursday and Death Trooper on Friday. I'm super pumped for Maul, all the pics and reviews I've watched, he just looks fantastic.

20e6065cdb90bab9213d5ce3815c4640.jpg

Yarbskoo

Taking inventory for the new year. Here's the mostly on-topic stuff:

Star Wars Bandai model kits
CJwlL9R.png

Xenoblade Kotobukiya model kit
0MEddBJ.png

Phantom Hourglass Gashapon
uD3HLZh.png

Figma and Play Arts
bWEr2u1.png

Good Smile Samus and Kotobukiya Tali
ck2fOGV.png

Club Nintendo Mario
RNaxDqK.png

My wallet sure complained at the time, but it doesn't really seem like that much compared to some of the collections I've seen here.

NEO0MJ

Made more than a few purchases myself this year. Other than kits (which I have yet to fully build >.> ) I bought these bundles of joy during 2016.

I expect next year to be lighter, as other than the SOC Megazord and F4F Artorias I don't have anything to look forward to.

I have no idea what you're saying but I'll accept :p

lol. Still, you gotta be less excitable, bro. If you rush for anything that looks even moderately interesting you'll quickly find yourself out of money and space, emphasis on the later. Right now I only have space for one more figure, and that's after using the top of the Detolf cabinet as an extra shelf.

Thank you. I just ordered the only two I want (Darkhawk and Angela). It's nice to have the order in place, so I don't have to keep watching for them to be listed at a decent price.

Finally opened my Black Series Sabine.

So good, I didn't think Ahsoka could be topped but I might have been wrong.
The details just blow all other Black Series away imo.
Only nitpick is that her blasters aren't painted other than the generic dirty grey/silver
and the helmet doesn't have as much damage paint as the body armor.

If they made S2 and 3 repaints they are going to kill my wallet.

Loxley

I'm jonesing for some Overwatch figures. Come on Blizzard.

I have to think they're coming at some point. There's no way even Blizzard could have predicted just how popular Overwatch and it's characters would become - so it's possible they had a wait-and-see approach regarding any Overwatch merch beyond some apparel and a couple of Funkos.

It really is money on the table, even if it were simple Amiibo-like figures, much less anything with articulation. Especially with how many skins each character has now, it feels like a no-brainer.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
ZENIGATA KEIBU

Now if only we could get a darn Goemon announcement date...Gah, so close to a complete Lupin dream team! I mean, sure, he'll probably be Web Exclusive like Jigen and Zenigata, but that's nothing an eBay coupon won't fix.

u5hxqTr.jpg

It'll feel weird to actually complete a Figuarts team, let alone two when Mikey and Goemon release.

Z E N I G A T A

wasint there some highliy detailed lupin figs that came out recently that had ether hidden articulation joints or none at all ?

and i seem to have forgotten but could of sworn i had seen some sites off loading some old Dive and medicom lupin figures quite cheaply ?

Top Bottom