• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Folks what's the best way to avoid fakes in the Hot Toys line off ebay? I saw a Ben Kenobi figure that blew my mind and I've decided that for my next purchase, plus I'm planning on ANH Luke and maybe Han later in 2017. I want to get the original cast out of the way,and then maybe branch out to other characters down the line.

Fakes honestly are pretty uncommon with HT, and when they are they're usually so cheap that it raises eyebrows. Why not buy through BBTS or Sideshow though? Unless you're not in the US.

Fakes honestly are pretty uncommon with HT, and when they are they're usually so cheap that it raises eyebrows. Why not buy through BBTS or Sideshow though? Unless you're not in the US.

Yep, that's the issue( should have said that before). Leaves ebay as my main recourse. From what I've seen, if the price is between $200-300 I can safely assume that's the genuine article yeah?

Yep, that's the issue( should have said that before). Leaves ebay as my main recourse. From what I've seen, if the price is between $200-300 I can safely assume that's the genuine article yeah?

For Obi yeah. You can always post the auction you're looking at and a couple of us will take a look if that'll put you at ease. I generally try to avoid sellers who just use stock photos FYI.

Got the Three Zero 1/6 Titanfall Pilot yesterday, was able to find it on an obscure website for retail price. Very pleased with it so far, the light up visor feature is great(turns blue and red) and his tailoring, weathering and accessories are top tier. He goes great with my Atlas and small pilot. ;)

Got the Three Zero 1/6 Titanfall Pilot yesterday, was able to find it on an obscure website for retail price. Very pleased with it so far, the light up visor feature is great(turns blue and red) and his tailoring, weathering and accessories are top tier. He goes great with my Atlas and small pilot. ;)

wow

End of the year show off your collections!

Edit. I appreciate figures in general. Just because I may not collect Predator, I enjoy seeing you and everybody's collections.

Yea- I agree. I used to be much more diverse, but I decided to narrow down my focus to keep things less expensive. Been considering selling the Predator collection to start HT Star Wars.

Daingurse

I just got the S.H. Monsterarts Kou Kyou Kyouku Godzilla, from Godzilla vs. Biollante. This thing is beastly! Really happy I put some X-Mas cash towards this one. Excuse my photography skills lol:

m4EY2GX.jpg

Can't wait for the batteries to arrive for his spines!

And here's my whole collection, I picked up quite a few figures this year!

SeanC

I was in Little Tokyo recently and it was very hard not to buy all the Figuarts they had around plus the man, many Godzillas.

I ended up not buying a thing. Will power!

Of course now I regret not getting at least the Mace Windu and Freddie Mercury...

I'll start with the stuff with the room I'm that has football on lol

And then this is the newest part of the collection in here, not sure where I'm putting it.

Will do individual shelves of my smaller stuff later tonight. Kinda just grouping everything into this right now instead of dividing them between the three threads that they technically fit into. Space is turning into my worst enemy with collecting right now in case that wasn't clear already lol.

Actually just finished this shelf yesterday so might as well post it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Haloid pls 4H collection pics

I was in Little Tokyo recently and it was very hard not to buy all the Figuarts they had around plus the man, many Godzillas.

I ended up not buying a thing. Will power!

Of course now I regret not getting at least the Mace Windu and Freddie Mercury...

Who is Will Power, and why is he stopping you from owning some amazing figures? Don't let anyone boss you around!

Haloid, if our toys came to life at night, your home would be an epic battlefield of good vs evil. Nice pics! You have a bunch of pieces I'm jelly of.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
If Haloid's toys came to life they'd all be sprawled on the ground on account of how often they fall over

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they fall over because they come to life did you ever think of that you little shit.

75yMjlz.gif

4H needs to make a castle ASAP so we can have actual massive battles! And dragons...and vehicles...and...and...my wallet

Giolon

Zero Suit Samus figma, woo! Potato pic:

She can recreate the pose of the Max Factory Samus scale figure pretty well!

What's interesting, as Yarbskoo mentioned, is the fact that her hip and shoulder joints can be extended out for extra range of movement, or pushed in to conceal the joints better. I'd love to see this kind of feature in more figmas!

SuperSah

Banned
Zero Suit Samus figma, woo! Potato pic:

She can recreate the pose of the Max Factory Samus scale figure pretty well!

What's interesting, as Yarbskoo mentioned, is the fact that her hip and shoulder joints can be extended out for extra range of movement, or pushed in to conceal the joints better. I'd love to see this kind of feature in more figmas!

After Miku 2.0, it became a feature of many Figma. Satuski has it too. It wasn't widely used for some reason.

A few more days and mine should be here!

I'm kind of amazed Ludens is getting so much merch when Kojima Productions hasn't even released a game yet....and no one is quite sure WTF Ludens even is.

Edit: Holy crap, Nendoroid Ludens is bigger than the figma.

SuperSah

Banned
Absolute long shot but whatever.

Does anyone have any unwanted Figma figure they'd like to sell or any figures from Kill la Kill / Gurren Lagann?

No harm in asking even if it's almost a guaranteed dud.

Do you guys like Predator?

I'll start with the stuff with the room I'm that has football on lol

And then this is the newest part of the collection in here, not sure where I'm putting it.

Will do individual shelves of my smaller stuff later tonight. Kinda just grouping everything into this right now instead of dividing them between the three threads that they technically fit into. Space is turning into my worst enemy with collecting right now in case that wasn't clear already lol.

Actually just finished this shelf yesterday so might as well post it.

I just got the S.H. Monsterarts Kou Kyou Kyouku Godzilla, from Godzilla vs. Biollante. This thing is beastly! Really happy I put some X-Mas cash towards this one. Excuse my photography skills lol:

Can't wait for the batteries to arrive for his spines!

And here's my whole collection, I picked up quite a few figures this year!
Good stuff everyone. Cool to see all the different collections. Here's my current setup:

Gonna be selling 90% of it soon though. Trying to cut back on collecting and just focus on certain characters rather than just grabbing stuff that are cool. Made that mistake with amiibos and now all of them are in a bag stuffed in my closet. Probably gonna end up with just the DX13 and Robocop after selling off everything else.

Absolute long shot but whatever.

Does anyone have any unwanted Figma figure they'd like to sell or any figures from Kill la Kill / Gurren Lagann?

No harm in asking even if it's almost a guaranteed dud.

I would sell some because I own wayyy too many now but most of mine are part of a series so I can't just sell the lesser ones.

Selling you say? Well if you're gonna offload that Dredd lemme know.
He's not on sale anymore on eBay? I figured it was still an easy grab since it's a unlicensed figure. They also did a 2.0 version if I remember correctly.

Holy grail piece in that TDK Joker piece.
Yeah the DX11 seems to be a big one for a lot of people. I upgraded mine with a KATO outfit and a custom head sculpt like 2 years ago when I was really digging the figure.

Now I question the amount of money I've spent..

DX-11 and DX-12 were some of my most disappointing purchases. Especially the DX-12. Required so much work to make it look respectable and I never did it. Your Joker looks awesome though.

He's not on sale anymore on eBay? I figured it was still an easy grab since it's a unlicensed figure. They also did a 2.0 version if I remember correctly.

Yeah the DX11 seems to be a big one for a lot of people. I upgraded mine with a KATO outfit and a custom head sculpt like 2 years ago when I was really digging the figure.

Longshot here, but since you have a DX12, would you be willing to sell just that Armory head you got there?

Bloodember

Here's my collection I have out. I moved so a few of my figures are put away for now. I'm going to get a shelf to put where the light is sometime next year and my Kiani, Grace, and Aspen statues will go in it.

Here's a link to my album since when I try to post them they are rotated 90 degrees.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Looks awesome! I plan to dig into Monsterarts... one of these days. Getting the old OOP ones will be a pain (and still sucks with Ghidorah is still like $200 at MSRP...)

Oh and as an update: MY SAL BOX FINALLY CAME IN!!!! Took almost a complete month to get here and I found out why... the box arrived with one size containing an accordion-shaped crush a few inches in :/ Fortunately AmiAmi is good with packing things, and the ONLY thing that even got remotely damaged, was a bend the art card thing that they pack in :p Other that that, they made it and it all survived! Yay :D

I have mostly stuck to a stock look on my figures. I keep up with all the mods, I would love to have my Darth Vader with the lowered dome, the red tint in the eyes, better paint on the chest armor and wired electronics, but I am not prepared to replace the figure if it gets messed up. I love the mod scene, I love figures, but like you, as much as I love collecting these things, the money is ridiculous no matter what. But fuck they are so cool.

I asked my LCS owner if he ever thought of displaying the Hot Toys he has to try to move any of them because he keeps them in the boxes on the outer rim of the store. He even has some older ones like TDKR Catwoman and a few others. He says he has thought about it because he knows they would sell way better if people could actually see how cool they are. Ultimately the time it would take to properly box them back up for a customer was more of a negative to him.

Daingurse

Looks awesome! I plan to dig into Monsterarts... one of these days. Getting the old OOP ones will be a pain (and still sucks with Ghidorah is still like $200 at MSRP...)
Thanks man! I also feel ya on the price of these things. I really regret not getting Mecha-King Ghidorah when it was under $200 . . . sigh lol.

Top Bottom