• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

We got some blasphemy in this thread. Rocksteady Batverse is the best since BTAS in pretty much everything, including character design. Only character that really bugged me was Harley.

We got some blasphemy in this thread. Rocksteady Batverse is the best since BTAS in pretty much everything, including character design. Only character that really bugged me was Harley.
Gotta disagree with you there. I think Rocksteady Bats was an unlikeable prick, unlike BTAS.
Other than Batman I think they were decent at the very least.
Tiny pinhead Batman just kills me though.

Thankfully that figure doesn't look like its an exact recreation of it.
Yeah, they were decent I suppose but I dunno if I can say I liked them.

- Two Face, Selina, Hugo Strange, Pyg and Ra's were all pretty standard designs.
- Tim had that buzzcut I don't like.
- I didn't like Dick's hair in City and his Arkham Knight outift is overdesigned. (I'm picky)
- Harley was a misfire in every game.
- Riddler was OK.
- Personally I prefer Penguin as the classy criminal rather than the cockney guy with a bottle end shoved into his face so yeah that never worked for me.

Come to think of it, Batgirl looked pretty good.

Sideshow 1/6 Ghost Rider Figure

15895668_10211465777618761_1704325987915488566_o.jpg

Nice to see GR getting some love.

Rocksteady Batgirl design is pretty sexy. Hope they consider making a figure based on her from the DLC.
There are 2 figures based on that design, if we're not counting the fact that it's basically identical to her New 52 costume. Unless you meant specifically by Hot Toys, then fat chance.

I wish it was Origins, can't stand Rocksteady's terribly proportioned designs.
But the proportions in AK look fine? It was really only AA and AC which had the wonky comic book proportions.

Sideshow has some quality Star Wars pieces. Mostly robotic or armored pieces. Darth Maul is proof they may have upped their face sculpt game.

997bb76ee27d3ad3ab6b987e4028edd0.jpg

Hagi

I like the look of that Maul but the seam lines look more pronounced than the prototype. Though that could be because of the lighting and the face I'm looking at the picture on a 50 inch 4K screen lol

He doesn't come with a lightup saber? I'd really like to try and get some of the older Sideshow Clonetroopers at some point, they look cool as hell.

LiK

SS 1/6 bodies are pretty bad. i sold all my SS 1/6 Star Wars figures.

the only figure I kept was from SS 1/6 line is GI Joe Snake Eyes.

SS 1/6 bodies are pretty bad. i sold all my SS 1/6 Star Wars figures.

the only figure I kept was from SS 1/6 line is GI Joe Snake Eyes.

I have a lot of their clones cause I don't think HT will ever make all the variations that SSC did, but their Boba Fett is hot garbage compared to HT, same with their Vader. I've never messed with their Deadpool but the impressions I've read again reinforce that HT made a much better figure at the same price point.

Mauls body and articulation is getting nice reviews at SSF. I admit their Boba is a step below compared to HT. Their R2 unit could use more weight to it. But the Tie Pilot, 3PO, Cad Bane are all excellent. Those are the ones I own. I know HT is mostly better but HT is not without their faults also. The articulation on all TFA Troopers sucks. Hans elbow joints (Wide spread) are so tight you feel like you are breaking it trying to pose it. Vaders sculpt looks so much better with some reflective tape behind the eyes and the dome lowered a few mm it boggles the mind they didn't notice it for the production run. And the biggest fault I have is I absolutely hate the choice of material and tailoring of Leia's dress.

jackdoe

I want a quality Doomslayer/Doomguy figure more than anything but ThreeA's interpretations are always a little weird to me

esp at $260
ThreeA's figures also suck. Still have my Master Chief in a box after being disappointed by the actual product. There's a very good chance that the Doomguy figure can't actually hold that shotgun without a decent helping of superglue.

Messi

Companies should make more Harley figures.

Hot Toys should make figures for every costume change she has in Suicide Squad.

DO IT.

Its a surprise to no one that the only exclusive edition Hot Toy from Sideshow that sold out was Harley.

ThreeA's figures also suck. Still have my Master Chief in a box after being disappointed by the actual product. There's a very good chance that the Doomguy figure can't actually hold that shotgun without a decent helping of superglue.
The Master Chief was a turd, but that's not really fair. By that logic all Hot Toys are trash because ED-209's rubber is deteriorating, or because of the "pink panties" issue that plagued early Iron Man figures, or the electronic voice box in Darth Vader that barely worked. All toy companies drop the ball some times.

ThreeA makes some awesome shit.

3A-Optimus-Prime-098.jpg

It isn't

Its especially noticeable on other costumes they try to put on their model
I'll give you that his head is too small, but I thought the body proportions looked a lot better in Arkham Knight than in their previous games.

jackdoe

The Master Chief was a turd, but that's not really fair. By that logic all Hot Toys are trash because ED-209's rubber is deteriorating, or because of the "pink panties" issue that plagued early Iron Man figures, or the electronic voice box in Darth Vader that barely worked. All toy companies drop the ball some times.

ThreeA makes some awesome shit.
Fair enough. I'm just salty at how false the advertising was. Like the figure does stuff in pictures that it physically cannot do (like hold up the assault rifle).

there arnt any big scale MGS1 Rexs out there are there ? i bought Threeas REX and i dig it but thats the one from MGS4 and since there Ray is based on the tailless version i skipped on it still if it was about $200CAD or AUD posted i would probbly consider it

any places selling some good golgo 13 figs for a decent price ie under 200 USD ?

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Since 1:6 figures are super expensive, I have limited myself over the years to things that have been really important to me through my life. Like I need to cross a ultra line of fandom to purchase one. I see a lot of great sculpts and awesome 1:6 figures, but I can't go much further than I have. Unless they release the entire roster of the '96 Bulls. Would buy enterbay Toni Kukoc and Luc Longley.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought about buying the McFarlane Titanfall 2 figures but they look a little... eh.

I wish NECA made every video game series and then let the HK and Japanese companies handle the bigger, deluxe figures for those series. NECA's not always perfect but for their price they range from decent to amazing. Like the HOTS figures.

just an update: Amazon canceled the Metal Build F91 pre-order i had due Amazon not being able to secure any stock. My friend also got his cancelled. The print is extremely limited from Blue Fin. Congrats on all those who got an F91 pre-order in.

for those who are into Macross figures and keeping up with MDelta, Bandai VF-31F Messer pre-orders were announced for January 6th. But get this. Bandai left a special note saying presence or absence handling depending on retailers.
so retailers do not have to open their pre-orders at the set time. This is going to be like a lottery and really hard to get.

good luck for any who try. i'll update with pics of messer's valk later when i get the chance to settle in.

edit: posted pics of Messer's VF-31F
reminder: Macross Delta Vf-31F going up tonight! good luck!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I thought about buying the McFarlane Titanfall 2 figures but they look a little... eh.

I wish NECA made every video game series and then let the HK and Japanese companies handle the bigger, deluxe figures for those series. NECA's not always perfect but for their price they range from decent to amazing. Like the HOTS figures.

There's the 10" BT-7274 Titan figure that's actually a figure unlike those awful Color Tops arm-articulation-only statue things, but it's not out yet. It even comes with a little 3" Jack Cooper!

NEO0MJ

I wasn't planning on buying anything but wanted to see the rush for myself. Are they extremely limited or are there really that many Macross fans?

Dat AK batman looks so good. Here's hoping they do AK and some of the other characters too.

Man, I guess I'm in the minority.
I thought Arkham Knight had some great designs. The batman suit was pretty nice, Arkham Knight looks mean as hell, and Scarecrow has his best design ever IMO.

I thought the proportions were WAY worse in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City personally.

Top Bottom