• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

PCS revealed their mixed media 1:4 scale Poison statue, the EX version, and Roxy variant...

DC19BB4A-BFAB-4D3C-BEB3-1FE3EC33CD26.jpg

D761B937-4B63-41FD-87FD-45B7E33F154E.jpg

63FF86A3-180E-4A19-ADB6-AA5C7A1BDEB5.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
After months and months of looking and avoiding the ridiculous aftermarket sales, my local anime store managed to get in three of these - Ryuko's Senketsu Kisaragi 1/8th scale figure.

Super happy and could not be anymore excited to add her to the collection of KlK figures I have! :) P.S - not my pic below, but man is she beautiful to look at. I do wonder how the single leg peg will stand the test of time. It has metal in it to hold, so as long as the figure's leg is reinforced it should be okay.

SuperSah

Banned
I have that one as well as GSC's Satsuki senketsu ver. figure.

I did see the Satsuki one. She's one of my all-time favourite characters but I feel they totally butchered her face. It just doesn't look like her.

I have her Figma instead and it's much much closer to the anime and I'm happy with it. I understand the dude behind the GSC Satsuki ver. takes very stylised approaches to his work and whilst the figure itself looks fantastic, I'm just thrown off by the face. How'd you feel about it?

I have her Figma instead and it's much much closer to the anime and I'm happy with it. I understand the dude behind the GSC Satsuki ver. takes very stylised approaches to his work and whilst the figure itself looks fantastic, I'm just thrown off by the face. How'd you feel about it?

I like the figure overall, but I think there's something a bit off about the eyes, and they definitely downplayed her eyebrows, which should be much thicker.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Ooh, 3P Transformers talk outside of Transformers GAF! Nice. Haloid and I are still waiting for MMC Kultur because Tarn is awesome and he was supposed to be out December and was moved to January but isn't out yet MMC pls

7txKOTD.jpg

I like the figure overall, but I think there's something a bit off about the eyes, and they definitely downplayed her eyebrows, which should be much thicker.

image.php

easy peasey Freezy pleezy

Hey UK people, when ordering from Japan what is the best way to hopefully not get hit by customs, just stay away from the expensive shipping methods and get cheapo air mail?

Time not a factor, so...

SuperSah

Banned
Hey UK people, when ordering from Japan what is the best way to hopefully not get hit by customs, just stay away from the expensive shipping methods and get cheapo air mail?

Time not a factor, so...

I do all my stuff with EMS delivery and it always hits customs. If you order anything from Amazon JP they'll factor into your purchase customs so no extra charges for you.

I've heard using SAL shipping unregistered helps avoid customs but it takes 2-5 weeks so you have to ask if it's really worth it for such a long wait. Also bear in mind these packages are untracked and usually unsigned for so if it goes missing, then it's gonna be hard to fight that one.

JLynn

OPINION PIECE

If you're remotely interested in the Soul of Chogokin Golion/Voltron get him ASAP. Word is that Bandai made a huge single run to satisfy the more than expected preorders and a little more extra. There are no plans on a second run as the Chinese factory has switched the molds to the SOC Daizyujin/Megazord. Apparently Bandai is expecting huge sales of the Megazord figure.

Golion has been released in Asia and according Japan resident posters to the Robot Japan forums, he's sold out in Akihabara. Whether it's the Native Japanese or Foreign ex-pats are primarily buying it is unknown but it's a promising sign in a country where Golion was all but forgotten (Seriously. Golion was only released on DVD in North America and is currently streaming on World Events Productions' YouTube page. Here's episode one.) Bandai can not only be pleased, but relieved that the preorders were excellent as it was a risk designing a figure essentially for the Western market. They should have known quite a few people was literally waiting a decade for this while many were like elderly African Americans on election night 2008; emotional, never expecting this to happen in their lifetime.

What does this mean? Two words: open possibilities. Classic Media has to be thrilled at the response and resulting hoard of preorders that followed. Bandai proved that they can make money off a Western mech (Remember, WEP bought the rights to Golion from Toei.). It should make sense to at least produce another run of Golion. That is the logical result. It should also be proof that they can keep the train rolling with a Soul of Chogokin Dairugger XV/Vehicle Force Voltron. The question is will Classic Media approve?

It's no secret that WEP is not as supportive of Dairugger as it is of Golion. WEP was in talks with Miracle Production to manufacture a Vehicle Force Voltron, the first in about twenty-five years at the time. However talks fell through. Miracle braved through and released the figure in the Asian Market with mixed impressions. Why talks fell through is unknown and since then WEP Kept Dairugger close to their chest. The positive sales figures for Golion would hopefully convince them to give the rights to a company that has proven to treat the licenses with care. I hope so for the sake of the Vehicle Force fans.

If by miraculous chance Bandai is granted the Dairugger license I believe the preorders will be as fast and plentiful as those for Golion. And on top of that WEP has two more mechs that Japan had forgotten. Albegas (AKA Voltron II AKA Gladiator Force Voltron), and Bismarck, also known as Ramrod from Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs. If memory serves me correctly, the Bandai DX toy from 1984 was never released in the West. A missed opportunity as it was extremely popular in the West, especially in Europe where they're making new merchandise for the license as we speak. If that happens, whoo! The possibilities of it rejuvenating interest in the property would be enormous. The thought of a new Netflix series in the style of the surprise hit Voltron: Legendary Defender brings a huge smile on my inner child's face. This property deserves it for the sake of the fans who flew the flag high for over thirty years.

OPINION PIECE

If you're remotely interested in the Soul of Chogokin Golion/Voltron get him ASAP. Word is that Bandai made a huge single run to satisfy the more than expected preorders and a little more extra. There are no plans on a second run as the Chinese factory has switched the molds to the SOC Daizyujin/Megazord. Apparently Bandai is expecting huge sales of the Megazord figure.

The thought of a new Netflix series in the style of the surprise hit Voltron: Legendary Defender brings a huge smile on my inner child's face. This property deserves it for the sake of the fans who flew the flag high for over thirty years.
how come my yellow lion ears don't swing out and shoot missiles. disappointed!

jk, i have him ordered and paid for... waiting for american slip cover blue fin

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

hD4Wtqo.gif

Thanks for the heads up! If the Chogokin line wasn't so expensive and I was more into Voltron I'd definitely bite. I'm curious if this affects Bluefin distributing it in Western markets, especially when you can get it on Amazon or BBTS for MSRP. Bluefin typically distributes things here with guaranteed stock unless they say so otherwise, like with Figuarts Baltan being limited distribution:
Item will be allocated due to low production qty. Qty confirmation from final production number to be confirmed 2 weeks after item close.

Speaking of 3rd Party Transformers, I'm eagerly anticipating the release of Maketoys Downbeat. I really really want to add a G1 MP Jazz to my collection and it doesn't seem that HasTak are all that interested in making one:

Got

Banned
Speaking of 3rd Party Transformers, I'm eagerly anticipating the release of Maketoys Downbeat. I really really want to add a G1 MP Jazz to my collection and it doesn't seem that HasTak are all that interested in making one:

He is definitely worthy for the MP line. It's not about whether they are interested it's about whether they have the ability to get the Porsche license, which they apparently haven't been able to pull off.

LiK

Soundwave with 5 cassettes arrived this week. Forgot to mention it. My first Soundwave figure. Owned a few cassettes as a kid but never the master.

I dunno about Jazz, it seems like over the past 6 months the 3Ps have been working on him more-so than before(and really, it would have been a free money to have done it sooner). I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about an official release soon.

Speaking of MPs, where's my Beast Wars Megatron :(

NEO0MJ

Ooh, 3P Transformers talk outside of Transformers GAF! Nice. Haloid and I are still waiting for MMC Kultur because Tarn is awesome and he was supposed to be out December and was moved to January but isn't out yet MMC pls

7txKOTD.jpg

i would love to get that...if I could actually preorder it!

OPINION PIECE

I would love to get this but I don't like the general design of Voltron enough. I think it's the face/head that really kills it for me.

First time for everything but Nin-Nin Games disappointed me with the goods this time.

My Itachi came without his outer brown shipper (first time that's ever happened to me for LE SHF) and the TMNT Mikey has big ass 'X' marks over the barcodes for whatever reason (and has double tape on his shipper, signaling he was probably opened before). Very nitpicky on my part as the figures are fine, but yo, I don't pay for substandard goods and that includes the boxes.

I haven't had an issue with these guys in the past, aside from slower than competitor service. First time for everything, I suppose.

LiK

First time for everything but Nin-Nin Games disappointed me with the goods this time.

My Itachi came without his outer brown shipper (first time that's ever happened to me for LE SHF) and the TMNT Mikey has big ass 'X' marks over the barcodes for whatever reason (and has double tape on his shipper, signaling he was probably opened before). Very nitpicky on my part as the figures are fine, but yo, I don't pay for substandard goods and that includes the boxes.

I haven't had an issue with these guys in the past, aside from slower than competitor service. First time for everything, I suppose.

People always told me to stay away from them. Even tho this is your issue with them, that's keeping me away.

Purdy

They had extremely poor (or I believe intentionally unhelpful) customer service for my star wars figuarts, lied about stock dates, refused to send items as they came into stock waiting three months for the next item before shipping.

You'll get your shit in the end but they're pretty twatty and unhelpful

They had extremely poor (or I believe intentionally unhelpful) customer service for my star wars figuarts, lied about stock dates, refused to send items as they came into stock waiting three months for the next item before shipping.

You'll get your shit in the end but they're pretty twatty and unhelpful

Ya, the slow shipping is about the only bad thing I used to experience. Otherwise I have been fairly happy using them to be honest. And the points add up...

Does anyone know of a website or group that either colors in or fixes blemishes on figures? Got a Miku PAK and I noticed that either the right part of the lip color (red) went past the lip and started going into the skin above or the left lip was not colored in enough.

I hate being super touchy about stuff like this but if there is someone, that would be awesome cause I definitely can't do that.

NEO0MJ

Does anyone know of a website or group that either colors in or fixes blemishes on figures? Got a Miku PAK and I noticed that either the right part of the lip color (red) went past the lip and started going into the skin above or the left lip was not colored in enough.

I hate being super touchy about stuff like this but if there is someone, that would be awesome cause I definitely can't do that.

I'm sure there are kitbashers that you can commission to do such a thing but it's been ages since i followed that scene.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the Disney Hybrid Metal Figuration figures always looked awesome. I kinda think that $80 is too low for that box set considering the Nephews are sold at $30 each and that Donald looks like a reprint of the expensive older version. On TOP of that, you get extra hands, fishing poles, and fish.

I locked in a preorder just in case, especially if there's a Scrooge on the horizon!

uh guys Herocross jsut posted a video on their FB page from some Hong Kong toy fair

guys

GUYS

kVqFBod.png

...So yeah, keeping that 4-pack.

help

He is definitely worthy for the MP line. It's not about whether they are interested it's about whether they have the ability to get the Porsche license, which they apparently haven't been able to pull off.
Aren't Porsche and Volkswagen under the same parent company? They managed to license the Beetle to make Bumblebee, plus I'm pretty sure Volkswagen own Lamborghini as well.

Soundwave with 5 cassettes arrived this week. Forgot to mention it. My first Soundwave figure. Owned a few cassettes as a kid but never the master.
I have the Takara version, it's a great figure. Soundwave's mah boi.

Top Bottom