• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

tumblr_o18ffrWRmD1s8uqbvo1_250.gif

tumblr_ntc1erRqxh1r5rk9to1_r1_500.gif

Someone tell Messi why it's a bad idea to get that statue. Not you Diggeh, stay out.

MP Optimus Primal Supreme Commander pics. I'm gonna cancel. Not the one I wanted. I was mistaken on what it was.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/01/12/...-330916?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I was hoping they'd do something creative with the reissue.

SS would have been a better movie had the editor been competent and the script featured more than two actual characters.

That's my point, the only thing they really nailed IMO, is the Joker, Harley, Batman stuff which was like 7 min of the movie if that. It gave me those BTAS vibes.

JLynn

I went to Frank and Sons in SoCal last night. The Toy Galaxy booth has the SOC Voltron with the Worldwide (Except Japan) Voltron branded slipcover. OMG it looks beautiful! Slipcover is foil embossed and it looks like it's worth the $350 they're asking for it. Many booths have Hot Toys Deadpool up the wazoo. He looks awesome. I can see where the money goes.

I went to Frank and Sons in SoCal last night. The Toy Galaxy booth has the SOC Voltron with the Worldwide (Except Japan) Voltron branded slipcover. OMG it looks beautiful! Slipcover is foil embossed and it looks like it's worth the $350 they're asking for it. Many booths have Hot Toys Deadpool up the wazoo. He looks awesome. I can see where the money goes.

i'm curious what the slip cover looks like. i have it on order paid for and waiting to ship.
and been watching golion in the meantime.

JLynn

i'm curious what the slip cover looks like. i have it on order paid for and waiting to ship.
and been watching golion in the meantime.

The slipcover is all over ebay and Robot Japan forums. It has the Voltron logo in gold and that and all the gold lettering is foil embossed. Other than that it's the Japan release.

NY have pre-orders for SHF Doctor Strange. Limited Ed. so they take payment right away. Hopefully it stays that price as I want to wait before ordering it!

Still, eagerly anticipating their Spider-Man reveal any moment now...

NY have pre-orders for SHF Doctor Strange. Limited Ed. so they take payment right away. Hopefully it stays that price as I want to wait before ordering it!

Still, eagerly anticipating their Spider-Man reveal any moment now...

Or you could wait for BlueFin since they confirmed they are bringing him over. That's what I'd do at least.

Or you could wait for BlueFin since they confirmed they are bringing him over. That's what I'd do at least.

UK based so it doesn't matter to us guys much. Plus, I'm a stickler for the dumbest of things, and since everything else I have is straight outta Japan...I stick with it where I can. Ya... stickler.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_ntc1erRqxh1r5rk9to1_r1_500.gif

Someone tell Messi why it's a bad idea to get that statue. Not you Diggeh, stay out.

A statue, you say? Hmm...well, that is a thing you can buy...so buy it! TREAT YO SELF

Diggle won't even watch SS after how much he hated the superior BvS. He can't in good conscious recommend that statue.

I made a promise to watch SS even after BvS murdered me and I intend to keep it!

Ugh. Why? The game is not even out yet and that statue looks fugly.

I'll wait for the Nendoroid version. At least they are cute so even if the game flops, there's something left to salvage.

The kicker is, Ludens isn't even from the game. He's just the Kojima Productions mascot. But I agree, the Nendo looks awesome. And it's huge, too.

Here's a pic of the Figma / Nendoroid Petit / Nendoroid all side by side.

Did you honestly think they wouldn't make Harley?

Messi

The kicker is, Ludens isn't even from the game. He's just the Kojima Productions mascot. But I agree, the Nendo looks awesome. And it's huge, too.

Here's a pic of the Figma / Nendoroid Petit / Nendoroid all side by side.

Did you honestly think they wouldn't make Harley?

I want them all but would have preferred Batwoman

I've bought figures from franchises I'm completely unfamiliar with. If you like it and want it enough to spend the money, why not?
I've always felt weird about it. Something about it makes me feel kind of like a fake fan. I usually like to get stuff from I actually have a connection with, and it feels weird buying from a series I have no interest in or even dislike.

A new year, new Marvel Legends! I went on a spending spree that would make Diggeh proud, so I'm just gonna post the pics and then my thoughts after. I limited the pics for each figure, since there's so many!

Up first, Symbiote Suit Spider-Man

sBaUnhW.jpg

hQyoa4d.jpg

cuqocf6.jpg

OsE4CIB.jpg

Green Goblin:

XO9Dvd2.jpg

kFsyM9M.jpg

Shocker:

b1ytzZG.jpg

RoE6rZO.jpg

Black Cat:

8IoP2Be.jpg

kQwe9D2.jpg

Jackal:

Xn5uiXL.jpg

9jePY8P.jpg

Chameleon

9cXndq1.jpg

NV2xaAE.jpg

The whole lot:

sOztA7N.jpg

Finally, Iron Fist:

yWK75pN.jpg

1yESZXU.jpg

Okay. So I pretty much love all of these guys. That's not to say some of them don't have problems. Chameleon really has trouble standing. His ankle articulation is awful. His feet simply don't want to move. Maybe I'll need to work on it. But right now, it seriously hinders him. Which is a shame, 'cause he's a great looking figure. Symbiote Spidey is one of my top wants. I always eyed the Red Hulk wave version, but the after market prices were insane. Glad I held out. The Pizza Spidey mold is perfect. This whole Sandman wave is great. I'm going back and forth on the other two Spider-Men. I'm just afraid of the dark path of Spider-Men other than Peter Parker will lead me. Finally, I want to say the Jackal is awesome. Such an awesome sculpt. They really did great work. I wonder who else Hasbro can put out using that body, 'cause you know it's going to be used at least a dozen times.

WolfStark

The kicker is, Ludens isn't even from the game. He's just the Kojima Productions mascot.

I am not so sure about it. I mean of course it's the mascot but isn't Ludens also Norman Reedus? There is the theory that Ludens is actually a part of the game but of course for the moment it's just the mascot. A cool one.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
A new year, new Marvel Legends! I went on a spending spree that would make Diggeh proud, so I'm just gonna post the pics and then my thoughts after. I limited the pics for each figure, since there's so many!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!

Hasbro Legends have gotten so good over the years, especially now that you can pick most of them up for under $10 clearance after a wave has been out. Typically I try to pinpoint that wave's most desired, like Ms. Marvel, then wait for the rest to go dirt cheap on Amazon.

Yo got a question I could use some help with. So does anyone use myfigurecollection.net?
I forgot my password and ever time I try to recover it, the site says it sends a recover password email to my registered email. However I never get the recover password email in any of my inbox.

Any suggestions?

Teepo671

First post here so just wanted to say hello, folks!
Decided to bite the bullet and grab those revoltech turtles from BBTS and boy am I glad I did.
31505090043_13b98203e6_c.jpg

32276824766_30a63b4195_c.jpg

These are my first revoltech figures so I'm till figuring out the best way to play around with these joints but I'm having a blast doing so.
Also preordered that Revoltech Venom :O
He looks like he has the potential to become my new favorite Venom figure since that old amazing spiderman venom figure with the rubber head!

Yo got a question I could use some help with. So does anyone use myfigurecollection.net?
I forgot my password and ever time I try to recover it, the site says it sends a recover password email to my registered email. However I never get the recover password email in any of my inbox.

Any suggestions?

PM'd

Top Bottom