• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Got a custom sculpt painted and haired by a talented artist in HK. Updated Joker figure now on display.

15942531714_09efec10cd_c.jpg

16563431051_2e23cd63e3_c.jpg

dankir

I've seen a lot of Kit bashed Walter Whites here's an official 1/6th from Three Zero. Only 150 bucks, definite pick up for me.

10900096_1066616533364174_3679124884126773644_o.jpg

10866120_1066616023364225_3444734042940877129_o.jpg

dankir

Well I know where a good chunk of my paycheck is going next week.

Yeah I've only bought Marvel and Batman Hot Toys in the past. I just got the Judge Dredd figure and I think it's time to branch out.

Plus its pretty cheap all things considered so time to branch out.

Rootbeer

Banned
That guy from the Hot Toys video said he spent over $100,000 on Hot Toys so far >.<

Whelp :( Got tired of waiting for dorkside to fulfill my ML Odin Wave order. Had to cancel it.

amazon restocked the entire Odin wave so I just ordered from them. I'll have all 7 by Saturday. Hype! And at a full $3 savings from dorkside -__-

hopefully all the port issues are sorted by the time the spidey legends are shipping. I want to support the little guys as much as I can... but for at least 3 weeks these have been showing up in stores and dorkside still has no ETA on them. Sigh.

curb

Banned
That guy from the Hot Toys video said he spent over $100,000 on Hot Toys so far >.<

Whelp :( Got tired of waiting for dorkside to fulfill my ML Odin Wave order. Had to cancel it.

amazon restocked the entire Odin wave so I just ordered from them. I'll have all 7 by Saturday. Hype! And at a full $3 savings from dorkside -__-

hopefully all the port issues are sorted by the time the spidey legends are shipping. I want to support the little guys as much as I can... but for at least 3 weeks these have been showing up in stores and dorkside still has no ETA on them. Sigh.

Just out of curiosity, I checked out the Odin wave on Amazon.com and they'll ship them here to Canada at a decent price. I'm not looking for anything else at the moment but I'll keep that in mind since it's tough to find ML here in the Great White North. Exchange is still brutal right now though.

Zombine

Banned
Ok, admit it...you guys love it just as much as I do when you get your Entertainment Earth order and they throw in a physical catalogue of all their current shit. I can get lost in it and it makes me feel like a little kid reading the Toys R Us christmas toy book, only there are half naked plastic ladies inside.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just out of curiosity, I checked out the Odin wave on Amazon.com and they'll ship them here to Canada at a decent price. I'm not looking for anything else at the moment but I'll keep that in mind since it's tough to find ML here in the Great White North. Exchange is still brutal right now though.

If you're keeping an eye on the amiibo situation you'll note that we americans have to use amazon sites from other regions sometimes too. gotta love globalization though... it makes that sort of thing less painful even if it does cost more a lot of times.

Ok, admit it...you guys love it just as much as I do when you get your Entertainment Earth order and they throw in a physical catalogue of all their current shit. I can get lost in it and it makes me feel like a little kid reading the Toys R Us christmas toy book, only there are half naked plastic ladies inside.

Yeah I always manage to find some things I didn't know existed. Definitely enjoy flipping through catalogues. I'm the same way the LEGO ones!

curb

Banned
If you're keeping an eye on the amiibo situation you'll note that we americans have to use amazon sites from other regions sometimes too. gotta love globalization though... it makes that sort of thing less painful even if it does cost more a lot of times.

I haven't been following that since the Canadian Deals thread split out the Amiibo chat into its own thread. That's an interesting twist I don't see often.

Rootbeer

Banned
I haven't been following that since the Canadian Deals thread split out the Amiibo chat into its own thread. That's an interesting twist I don't see often.

FWIW i haven't ordered any from anywhere other than japan... yet. :p

don't hate me for your shortages!

3N16MA

Banned
I not a huge fan of play kai arts overall cause quite a few figures looks like a mess in terms of design and/or detail and Spiderman is the newest example of that.

I believe that is from their variant line.

When they stick to making figures right from the source material it usually turns out pretty good. Arkham Origins Deathstroke is great.

juJasAHl.jpg

Ww5wIWil.jpg

Wanderer5

Yeah Deathstroke there looks fine. I like some of the Kingdom Hearts ones too and almost went for tron sora.

Kingdom%20Hearts%20Tron%20Legacy%20Sora%20Play%20Arts%20Kai%20Figure.jpg

I kind of wish Steampunk Batman turned out better than what it is now, cause I might have gone for that heh. Still going to stick to figmas in the end through, which are cheaper also. Looking forward to picking Lucina up sometime this year:

a5277a81bbaa2afe20549d995c2cd2f4.jpg

hunchback

Got a custom sculpt painted and haired by a talented artist in HK. Updated Joker figure now on display.

15942531714_09efec10cd_c.jpg

16563431051_2e23cd63e3_c.jpg

I know I missed out on this when it was released. Does anyone know where I can pick one up on the secondary market? That is my favorite portrayal of Joker out of all the movies.

Top Bottom