• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Price for the Hot Toys Hulkbuster is out: 900 bucks.

I think I might just get it for that price. If you actually break it down and think about it, spending 900 dollars for a giant, massive, impressive Hulkbuster makes way more sense than buying three 300 dollar Hot Toys of those obscure no-name Iron Man suits from IM3, which people seem happy to do.

Rootbeer

Banned
After looking at all the LEGO sets coming out this year (tons shown in the last couple days, check the LEGO thread)... wow, no way I could spend $900 on a hulkbuster. I could buy SO MANY LEGO sets for that price. :p I guess I"ll have to settle for the Marvel Legends Hulkbuster

More Hasbro Marvel Legends photos.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/02/14/marvel-legends-official-photos-toy-fair-2015-151819

Avengers Legends 4-pack (amazon exclusive?)

Hulkbuster Build-a-Figure (finally returning to HUGE build-a-figs)

XODE52Fl.jpg

8ZTzhO8l.jpg

nQKStcUl.jpg

3IrzkXtl.jpg

Target Marvel Legends 3-pack
kUgR0XDl.jpg

Qu3A8Mgl.jpg

08k3TZdl.jpg

Doctor Strange!
qWygfESl.jpg

Ant-Man Wave:

1423943950603.jpg

Spider-Man Wave 3 White Tiger (Ava confirmed):
After being skipped in MU, Spiderman lines and not even getting a figure for the Disney Infinity Ultimate Spiderman set
She finally gets some love.
Legends Wasp looks like Infinite figure, then again, that's her default costume these days despite the fact she now her Uncanny Avengers outfit.
Eh, I actually think I like the Infinite better(especially the face).

I think I might just get it for that price. If you actually break it down and think about it, spending 900 dollars for a giant, massive, impressive Hulkbuster makes way more sense than buying three 300 dollar Hot Toys of those obscure no-name Iron Man suits from IM3, which people seem happy to do.

Less than $1000 was the key for me. Will order and flex pay at SSC.

Rootbeer

Banned
Henry Rollins Hulk? Me likey

Hahaha! So true. I'm not sure what Hulk likeness they are going for there. I do like it though. But sadly it's too similar to the Age of Ultron Hulk they are releasing this year, just with a very different head. I'd like to see some different Hulk variants.

On the flip side I'm glad we are getting a new ML Bruce Banner

Hahaha! So true. I'm not sure what Hulk likeness they are going for there. I do like it though. But sadly it's too similar to the Age of Ultron Hulk they are releasing this year, just with a very different head. I'd like to see some different Hulk variants.

On the flip side I'm glad we are getting a new ML Bruce Banner

I think they are going for Leinil Yu Indestructible Hulk

indestructible-hulk-1.jpg

Nice... they actually showed off quite a lot of 3.75 stuff, fans of that scale have some goodies to look forward to

Not really.
that set is all repaints.
Infinite is just about dead and missing key articulation that nearly destroys the figure.(Black Cat for example)
Ultron 3.75" are repaints of 5POA crap.

3.75 deluxe Ant-Man is great though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well that's too bad then!

I don't keep up with 3.75 enough to be able to tell that.

3.75 fans, you should make the jump to 6 inch!

Well that's too bad then!

I don't keep up with 3.75 enough to be able to tell that.

3.75 fans, you should make the jump to 6 inch!

Im considering it, have to see what Mattel shows tomorrow for DC Multiverse.
Been a lot of speculation about them doing Arrow & Flash tv figures in 3.75.
At the very least hoping they finish off the Arkham figure( really only need Ra's, Talia, Shiva, Ivy, Penguin, Riddler)

Get a 3.75 BvsS Batmobile nect summer and im definitely done.

Seriously the fact that DCC is doing
2015_NYTF_DC_Collecibles158_scaled_600.jpg

im considering going to them full time.

dankir

where did you see the Hulkbuster price?

Rootbeer

Banned
Outside of the recent LEGO set (thanks Wetwired!) I haven't bought any ghostbusters toys since I was 8yo!

But I think I'm gonna have to get those Diamond Select ones

Also, poor thefwoosh is getting totally decimated today. Too many hits :) Try toyark their site is much faster

Anyone know where an Aussie can get their hands on the Marvel Legends Infinite Series figures from? Without getting stung with massive shipping.

Rootbeer

Banned
2015: The Year Marvel Legends Fans Give Up On Retirement

6jYKXCG.png

I am the proud owner of every shown listed as "released" -- hoping to continue that trend.

Of them all, Storm is by far the rarest and most valuable.

Never underestimate a female figure's importance :3

I'm a little worried about the Hulkbuster and Rhino waves because while a lot of comic fans are sure to love many of those figures, neither wave has any truly stand-out characters that are sure to sell like mad. Apart from the Hulkbuster BAF itself, I guess. I'm definitely pre-ordering them to avoid any potential shortage issues.

curb

Banned

6jYKXCG.png

I am the proud owner of every shown listed as "released" -- hoping to continue that trend.

Why is it that the only figures I want out of the last four upcoming waves are the BAFs? Not cool.

Well, I like the Marvel NOW Iron Man but that's about it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Why is it that the only figures I want out of the last four upcoming waves are the BAFs? Not cool.

Well, I like the Marvel NOW Iron Man but that's about it.

I was just editing my post to reflect that very sentiment :p

Yeah it is an issue... either they are going to be under ordered or they are going to pegwarm like mad... I don't like to feel that way, but I can see it happening.

Especially the Rhino wave which doesn't have a single A-list character.

Don't be surprised if Hasbro swaps some characters in and out of those later waves to make them more desireable. They are sitting on lots of unreleased figures that are already molded and ready to go.

I'm starting to get pretty excited about that amazon.com exclusive 4-pack... that's four pretty damn good figures. I don't even own a Cinematic Universe Thor or Bruce Banner, it will be an instabuy.

curb

Banned
I was just editing my post to reflect that very sentiment :p

Yeah it is an issue... either they are going to be under ordered or they are going to pegwarm like mad... I don't like to feel that way, but I can see it happening.

Especially the Rhino wave which doesn't have a single A-list character.

Don't be surprised if Hasbro swaps some characters in and out of those later waves to make them more desireable. They are sitting on lots of unreleased figures that are already molded and ready to go.

I'm starting to get pretty excited about that amazon.com exclusive 4-pack... that's four pretty damn good figures. I don't even own a Cinematic Universe Thor or Bruce Banner, it will be an instabuy.

I get that it's all about trying to sell more figures but for me, I could buy an awesome Rhino figure or nothing from that wave - so they get $0 from me. Hasbro should sell them separately at some point
wishful thinking
after the wave is long done.

robochimp

Awesome set! Probably worth a few pennies too!

I originally bought them because I figured they would eventually get to Apocalypse in the Xmen movies and I would sell them. Since then my wife and I had 2 sons, so I'll probably bust them out to play with at some point.

Last I checked the whole set was $200

Snaku

Banned
Just took a few quick pics of a new arrival, S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider Decade Violent Emotion. Have to say I still love the incredible articulation of SHF's, and the attention to detail is pretty awesome. I especially love the beautiful compound eyes of all the Kamen Riders. Just fantastic. I'm also a big fan of the mix of PVC, ABS, and Diecast, it really makes these figures feel like premium products. If Hot Toys are the Ferrari of action figures, then S.H. Figuarts are Tesla. I can't wait to get my hands on the Age of Ultron and Star Wars SHF's later this year.

Expecting a few more SHF's in the mail in the coming days, really excited to check them out. But I really can't wait for these guys...

62xZRLA.jpg

Anyone collect the kotobukiya ArtFX DC new 52 & Marvel Avengers now stuff? Curious if they look good mixed together or not. Can't find a single picture of the lines crossed with one another.

Anyone collect the kotobukiya ArtFX DC new 52 & Marvel Avengers now stuff? Curious if they look good mixed together or not. Can't find a single picture of the lines crossed with one another.

Do you mean the ArtFX+? The ArtFX line is strictly 1/6, and they haven't done any 1/6 Marvel figures yet. The ArtFX+ line is all 1/10 scale.

Also, they frown on non-articulated figures here, so head over to regular FigureGAF before someone gives you a dirty look. ;)

Wanderer5

What Good Smile Company has display at their Toy Fair's booth :

• Figma Iron Man Mark VII
  • Nendoroid Iron Man Mark 42
  • Figma Kid Icarus: Uprising – Pit and Dark Pit
  • Real Action Hero – Legends of Zelda Link 12″ Figure
  • Figma Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Link
  • Nendoroid Legend of Zelda: Windwaker Link
  • Nendoroid Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Nendoroid Super Mario and Luigi
  • TMNT Statues
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Raiden Statue
  • RevolMini Metal Gear Solid Cyborg Ninja

Along with a few others.

Interesting about the two Pits especially. Wonder if that hinting a re-release. Would be nice given that they are now like $150+.:p Was able to get Dark Pit last summer at Anime Expo for $45, and he pretty nice despite a bit annoying to pose.

DSCN0666_zps30e9ae01.jpg

Do you mean the ArtFX+? The ArtFX line is strictly 1/6, and they haven't done any 1/6 Marvel figures yet. The ArtFX+ line is all 1/10 scale.

Also, they frown on non-articulated figures here, so head over to regular FigureGAF before someone gives you a dirty look. ;)

Sorry, I forgot there is now 2 threads lol

3N16MA

Banned

6jYKXCG.png

Of them all, Storm is by far the rarest and most valuable.

Never underestimate a female figure's importance :3

I'm a little worried about the Hulkbuster and Rhino waves because while a lot of comic fans are sure to love many of those figures, neither wave has any truly stand-out characters that are sure to sell like mad. Apart from the Hulkbuster BAF itself, I guess. I'm definitely pre-ordering them to avoid any potential shortage issues.

I would like to get the Hulkbuster, Thanos, and Ultron BAF (even Rhino looks good) but there is only a few figures across those lines that I really want which makes acquiring them not as fun.

Diamond Select already has a great Thanos and Rhino available with perhaps less articulation. Much cheaper for me to just pick those up and I can hope they release an Ultron figure.

KJKWRSjl.jpg
fT1Ioepl.jpg

Cptkrush

All these new figures looks so friggen great! I really want Ghost Rider and Rhino, but hate that he's a BAF. My wallet can only handle so many figures :(
Have pre orders for the Thanos line gone up anywhere? I really want to get my hands on those and I know they will sell like hotcakes.

SmithnCo

Interesting about the two Pits especially. Wonder if that hinting a re-release. Would be nice given that they are now like $150+.:p Was able to get Dark Pit last summer at Anime Expo for $45, and he pretty nice despite a bit annoying to pose.

Interesting, holding out for a re-release. If Link and Samus can get two then maybe they'll throw a bone.

Top Bottom