• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Thor hammer Age of Ultron scene.

10662127_1611666892398582_144041021563191928_o.jpg

10988316_1611666905731914_6031567264584590984_o.jpg

984285_1611666902398581_2085103744750470943_n.jpg

10250336_1611666899065248_7482138001019361612_n.jpg

Awesome

Drayco21

That's too bad. I really want a nice Ahsoka Tano. There was one decent one I found online but it's rather rare and out of my price range.

Hasbro generally hates doing anything EU related, but she was a popular enough kid-appeal character that I could see them doing a Black Series release eventually. I feel like she'll show up eventually on Rebels, too, and will surely get a figure in that toyline if that happens.

curb

Banned
Hasbro generally hates doing anything EU related, but she was a popular enough kid-appeal character that I could see them doing a Black Series release eventually. I feel like she'll show up eventually on Rebels, too, and will surely get a figure in that toyline if that happens.

It's too bad since Clone Wars was one of the few things to survived the EU non-canon cull a bit ago but I can't expect much since the series has been done for a while. J

Rootbeer

Banned
Love the minimates and Hot Toys pics!!

Have you consider Thor Figma? actually I wanted to ask you, how these Figuarts Avengers compare to the Figma ones? I have the Avengers Figmas and it seems redundant to collect this line now since they look similarly priced but at the same time not as good as the Figma ones.
The figma one looks a little scrawny to me... but I love figma and I'd be proud to own it. I think I'll just go with the SHF though. I have the figma spider-man (amazing spider-man 1 design) and I'm not the biggest fan... but that could be mostly a movie design problem and not figma.
Don't they look a little funny with the helmets on? I heard they look like this

lC0gX9Ll.jpg
I'm not sure, could be, I ordered them so I'll be sure to let you know!

Marvel Legends Age of Ultron Hulk review! Is that the Build-a-Figure behind him? it's going to be huge if so

Gallery

And here is a video review of Hulk himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGbUC5c6-6g

Also, I just want to apologize if anyone thinks I am focusing too much on Marvel Legends -- I know some people are not at all impressed with them and that's fine with me, I just feel we have some great voices here focusing on some other stuff, I'm chosing to highlight Hasbro's ML & 6" Star Wars lines along with the SHF series which I adore. Not that it will be all I post, however.

Drayco21

Also, I just want to apologize if anyone thinks I am focusing too much on Marvel Legends -- I know some people are not at all impressed with them and that's fine with me, I just feel we have some great voices here focusing on some other stuff, I'm chosing to highlight Hasbro's ML & 6" Star Wars lines along with the SHF series which I adore. Not that it will be all I post, however.

Legends are pretty much all I collect- I'm just glad there's at least one other person here I can talk to about them.

Is that a new mold for Marvel Now Iron Man? The AoU Stark is a repainted Mark 42, I think, but this looks like a whole new mold. I think it looks like a fantastic base, as much as I can't believe I'm actually going to buy yet another Iron Man.

All my articulation has been moved to one shelf minus Batman Animated Series line. My statues look better but I'm glad I own these. Just picked up Manhunter and Zatanna recently.

B-gECV7IMAAMnkF.jpg

B-gEDoSIUAA50Hk.jpg

Legends are pretty much all I collect- I'm just glad there's at least one other person here I can talk to about them.

Is that a new mold for Marvel Now Iron Man? The AoU Stark is a repainted Mark 42, I think, but this looks like a whole new mold. I think it looks like a fantastic base, as much as I can't believe I'm actually going to buy yet another Iron Man.

Nope, It's a repainted Mark IV from the Iron Man 2 toyline.

Rootbeer

Banned
regarding minimites, I almost bought a bunch of the ninja turtles ones that came out a few weeks ago when I saw them at TRU. Now that i've seen pics of wave 2, i kinda wish that I had... maybe they will get discounted on TRU.com... at least that's my hope.

The only minimates I own are the Guardians of the Galaxy ones. When I saw that Groot & Rocket pack I had to buy it. And I didn't want them to be alone, so I bought the other characters too :p

toysrus.com has scarlet witch and captain marvel in stock... along with the others of the wave

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...5958&parentPage=viewall&isTopSellingItem=true

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...5958&parentPage=viewall&isTopSellingItem=true

free 2-day shipping with shoprunner... I somehow ended up with a free shoprunner account, I can't remember how :p

Sentinel makes some incredible figures. I need to get me some.

I need this Dancouga in particular.
http://www.sentinel-toys.com/catalo...86&PHPSESSID=402be4c1a3a2c5c5a362c746d9eb96f6

Sentinel is awesome! I started collecting its new Tatsunoko line and figures are quality indeed, that Dancouga looks tempting but man, it's like 270$, I am not paying that for it.

This upcoming Gaiking from Sentinel however, I am afraid I'll sacrifice my wallet for it!
hhhhnnnnnnnnngggggg

dankir

Does that half a hot toy come with a Tony Stark?

Nope the half hot toy is the new figure. The Tony Stark is the mech test version released a few years ago. Pretty rare now too, I see them go for 550 and up on eBay. I picked mine up for 145 when it was released, those were the days. And the Iron Man Mark 3 construction version is 150 bucks :)

Snaku

Banned
Got my first 1/6 scale figure in the mail earlier today, but I wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks. I love surprises. It's the Project BM Kamen Rider Decade! Articulation isn't that great, the paper thin faux-leather material feels like it'll tear if I attempt too extreme of a pose. But the detail is phenomenal. The head sculpt is fantastic and I could stare into the compound eyes for hours. I like how the Decadriver is held onto the belt by a magnet and is easily swap-able. It also comes with an extra belt and Decadriver to use on other 1/6 scale Kamen Riders, which I think is pretty neat. Now some quick pics.

LosDaddie

Banned
So, uh, the wife did seem opposed to the idea of me buying 2 HT Hulkbusters if I could resell the 2nd one and payback most, if not all, of the first one. Now, she didn't really seem supportive of the idea either, but I'll take it. Have to wait on price.....

One thing with Hot Toys that release dates are conceptual fantasies lol. I've been collecting them since 2008 and not a single toy has ever released on time. so it's safe to you'll have more time than that. Although the Cap figure isn't changing that much from previous cap figures asides from the costume. So that might lead to him release on time or even earlier a la Gamora.

Don't take anything date as set in stone, they almost always change. I'm getting Igor next month and he was supposed to come out Feb 2014 :)

I thought Hot Toys was getting better with their release dates...? Is that not the case?

My HT Hulk was about 5mo "late", but my MoS Superman was on time (I think). I was able to get my HT Iron Man mk7 from the Wait List, so I have no idea if it was late or not. You mentioned Igor, so maybe the delays are for larger figures?

LOL can't ya just tell her the truth, or would she go through the roof knowing your spending that much on a figure?

Shit bruh, are you serious? My wife would immediately go to the Coach store if she knew how I spent on HT figures. She's always itching for an excuse to go.

That's great, if there was a shop like that in Montreal I'd do the same, would pay him monthly in cash, no paper trail, no wife noticing
But She's going to start asking about those Sideshow's monthly payments for sure... I going with : "You know I have a condition!" hope it works, these will be my first HT, dat Cap can't come soon enough.

Yeah man, it's great. $20-$30 per paycheck flies right under the wife's radar. My LCS is cool like that. The only downside is no rewards systems like Sideshow does, but I'm happy to support a local business like that.

So, uh, the wife did seem opposed to the idea of me buying 2 HT Hulkbusters if I could resell the 2nd one and payback most, if not all, of the first one. Now, she didn't really seem supportive of the idea either, but I'll take it. Have to wait on price.....

I thought Hot Toys was getting better with their release dates...? Is that not the case?

My HT Hulk was about 5mo "late", but my MoS Superman was on time (I think). I was able to get my HT Iron Man mk7 from the Wait List, so I have no idea if it was late or not. You mentioned Igor, so maybe the delays are for larger figures?

Shit bruh, are you serious? My wife would immediately go to the Coach store if she knew how I spent on HT figures. She's always itching for an excuse to go.

Yeah man, it's great. $20-$30 per paycheck flies right under the wife's radar. My LCS is cool like that. The only downside is no rewards systems like Sideshow does, but I'm happy to support a local business like that.

you think this will work? I feel like these days Hot Toys are selling out the way they used to

you think this will work? I feel like these days Hot Toys are selling out the way they used to
I'd say it depends on the the figure. and the bigger figures tend to stick around a bit longer too, since not a lot of people can afford to get them right away. Iron Monger stuck around for a while, and I'm sure Igor will as well.

dankir

Speaking of Hot Toys release dates all the tiys that were supposed to be released in the next month or so have been delayed.
That means Groot, Rocket, Arkham Batman, Marty Mc fly, etc. All delayed until June.

Scavenger

Got my first 1/6 scale figure in the mail earlier today, but I wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks. I love surprises. It's the Project BM Kamen Rider Decade! Articulation isn't that great, the paper thin faux-leather material feels like it'll tear if I attempt too extreme of a pose. But the detail is phenomenal. The head sculpt is fantastic and I could stare into the compound eyes for hours. I like how the Decadriver is held onto the belt by a magnet and is easily swap-able. It also comes with an extra belt and Decadriver to use on other 1/6 scale Kamen Riders, which I think is pretty neat. Now some quick pics.
That's my first (and only) 1/6 figure too. The display stand sucks, I damaged some of the fabric with it. =(

Jaeger

Sentinel is awesome! I started collecting its new Tatsunoko line and figures are quality indeed, that Dancouga looks tempting but man, it's like 270$, I am not paying that for it.

This upcoming Gaiking from Sentinel however, I am afraid I'll sacrifice my wallet for it!
hhhhnnnnnnnnngggggg

Dat price! But dat Gaiking! Yes. They are quickly becoming one of my fave toy makers. The detailing is insane. Def not for the small wallets, like mine. :( I still need to get the Detonator Orgun fig from last year! I also want those Tatsunoko figures. The Cassern one is up for pre-order at BBTS now.

And If I am not able to secure the Dancouga fig, I want at least to have the Black Wing one coming out. Should be less than Dancouga himself.

curb

Banned
Im a huge Mega Man fan and this looks weird to me, id rather have a re issue of the D-arts series,

I had to look that up - it's a nice figure. I like the one from the Kickstarter too though. I had one of those small X figures years ago but lost it in during a move. I think it's the one on the right in this pic:

IMG_20110506_124019-550x.jpg

Man that thing was cheap.

Speaking of figures lost in that move. I had a box of my old figures from my childhood full of old super heroes, Star Wars and classic cartoon TMNT that. We stored some boxes at my in-laws and they accidentally took my stuff and donated it to the Thrift Store. I'm still not over it. Buckets of Lego went too. It was heartbreaking.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have these. Do I really need more mega man?

levelupstudios-capcom-megaman-figure-1-750.jpg

71LVhaLkBpL._SL1316_.jpg

megamantoy1.jpg

a155f4373eacc3cae8df4ec368baf197.png

FIG-IPN-1864.jpg

The answer is yes, I guess. And I still need to buy Bass before he becomes super rare.

Rootbeer

Banned
I recently started watching the 2003 astro boy series and dig it a lot, which prompted me to look for some astro boy merch.

Discovered that it is really hard to find any astro boy stuff that doesn't look like shit! Err, that or it just looks very VERY old-timey and that's not my thing.

I found these though... so I have them in the mail now. Not great but, still something.

AstroBoyFigureSet2b.jpg

1752-1.jpg

Wonder if anyone else likes the 2003 series or is looking forward to the 2015 series or the live action film that was announced?

I also discovered these which I may have to cave on... trying not to cause they are pricey.

HT_Astroboy2.jpg

HT_AstroBoy3.jpg

Fantomex

Those look real good. If I wasn't already trying to build an HT Avengers team, they would do nicely. I wonder if there will be figmas for AoU ?

I think the SH announcement means there will be NO figmas this year for AOU. I recommend you guys pre-order Iron Man from Hobby Link Japan while they still have them available. These things sell out fast. Once they show up in the states it's for $60-$70

Rootbeer

Banned
Whelp, my hobboglin BAF set shipped... can't believe i'm literally getting two all-new full figure waves within one week. Pretty insane. they really need to spread these out better.

Wondering when that Thanos wave is coming.

3N16MA

Banned
Will definitely be the highest quality and most affordable Hulkbuster out there.

That is what I'm thinking as it should strike a balance between quality and affordability.

meh, I still like the Figma Avengers better, but I might end up buying Figuarts Hulk and Hulkbuster since I don't see Figma ever releasing them.

From the initial pic I prefer the Figma Iron Man simply because I like the Mark VII armor better than the Mark XLIII. The Figuarts Cap looks to have a better head sculpt and I prefer this uniform over the previous one. Thor is a toss up until better pics are released.

Top Bottom