• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Too lazy to rehost the pics, but Hot Toys just posted pics of the new AOU Hulk figure on their Facebook page. First thing I noticed, it has very different pants than all the other figures and promo art we've seen? And that's one helluva of a scream he has going on.

Imperial

Too lazy to rehost the pics, but Hot Toys just posted pics of the new AOU Hulk figure on their Facebook page. First thing I noticed, it has very different pants than all the other figures and promo art we've seen? And that's one helluva of a scream he has going on.

Doesn't look as good as the first one IMO. Those pants lol

10996551_10152636565662344_2043038512647521639_n.jpg

10422289_10152636566447344_3361324958380883162_n.jpg

10492596_10152636566452344_665069652602848853_n.jpg

10991309_10152636566157344_6912396287213207321_n.jpg

10994321_10152636565717344_3849132096902475196_n.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah i really don't know what they were thinking with those pants on AoU Hulk. Not the fault of Hot Toys, but a design choice they made for the film. Just doesn't look that great. What's the deal with them anyway? Did Stark help design a super stretchy pant that Banner can wear as a human that will expand after he Hulks out?

Anyway, once again reaffirming my choice to just get the SHF version instead. The pants on that one look great. I'm okay with them being slightly stylized and not trying to be as movie accurate as the Hot Toys. It's just not that important for me personally. As long as they look cool it's all good.

Got Panthro today, and he turned out great! $11 was totally worth it, and he seems to scale pretty decently with figmas.

Glad you like it. Again I'll reiterate these Thundercats figs, at the discounted prices you can find most of them for these days, are true bargains if you are a fan of the property. So anyone interested should look into it.

of course, when they first came out there were some complaints about the pegs in the joints and how bandai doesn't try to cover them much if at all in some places. it's a drag but it really don't distract from them too much.

7074466189_1404d10665_b.jpg

25178d1327696064-bandais-6-inch-thundercats-classics-action-figures-1-6inchtcats16.jpg

just further proves that bandai is a pretty solid producer of figures in this scale, even their mass-produced ones that aren't aimed at collectors of higher-end figures (like their SHF stuff).

Zerojul

Yeah i really don't know what they were thinking with those pants on AoU Hulk. Not the fault of Hot Toys, but a design choice they made for the film. Just doesn't look that great. What's the deal with them anyway? Did Stark help design a super stretchy pant that Banner can wear as a human that will expand after he Hulks out?

Probably, yeah. It didn't have to be that ugly though :/
For those still interested, there will be a deluxe version of the fig with an extra head (less screaming) and a fixed-pose intechangeable torso.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't like the color of green hulk is in the new film either :/ Bleh.

Hulk should be snow pea green

But here he's more of an olive green

SUPARSTARX

Didn't pick up the first Hulk and held out for this? Hmm...

Hope his price is reasonably close/same with the first Hulk. I would like a $300 AoU Hulk.

That is what I'm thinking as it should strike a balance between quality and affordability.

From the initial pic I prefer the Figma Iron Man simply because I like the Mark VII armor better than the Mark XLIII. The Figuarts Cap looks to have a better head sculpt and I prefer this uniform over the previous one. Thor is a toss up until better pics are released.

This Cap might end up being superior to the Figma if Figuarts nails the size and articulation /possability, Cap Figma is the weakest of the avenger Figmas for me personally mostly because he is too small compared to Thor and Ironman, it has my least preferred uniform and can't attach the shield to his back, his pros are his amazing possability and sculpt, but I too prefer Figuarts Cap's uniform, regarding Thor, unless something changes from that pic, Figma Thor is superior in every way from uniform to sculpt, regarding Hulk well Figma had a prototype that never bothered to release so everyone is going to get this Hulk instead and dat Hulkbuster should be amazing too.

Got Panthro today, and he turned out great! $11 was totally worth it, and he seems to scale pretty decently with figmas.
Such great figures, still sad about that Thundercats botched revival.

So glad I own the first HT Hulk. I don't really care for the screaming head sculpt, and the ripped pants from the first figure are better than the Hulk yoga pants
Original Hulk is superior in every way, this looks like Hipster Hulk with contact lenses, watch Original Hulk skyrocket in price now.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'm guessing the Hulk pants are subject to change? They don't look like that in the other promo images of the Hulk. There's a bit more detail and it's a darker purple.

The ripped pants from the first are still a better look.

LosDaddie

Banned
you think this will work? I feel like these days Hot Toys are selling out the way they used to

I'd say it depends on the the figure. and the bigger figures tend to stick around a bit longer too, since not a lot of people can afford to get them right away. Iron Monger stuck around for a while, and I'm sure Igor will as well.

It's a risk, sure, but considering the hype already for the HT Hulkbuster, I think I'd be able to sell the 2nd figure at a decent mark up. And I would probably wait 6mos before trying to sell it.

Fantomex

It's a risk, sure, but considering the hype already for the HT Hulkbuster, I think I'd be able to sell the 2nd figure at a decent mark up. And I would probably wait 6mos before trying to sell it.

It usually always works for Marvel Hot Toys. I see this happen a lot, even with DC actually. You just have to be patient enough to wait 6 months to 1 year to sell it.

LiK

Hot Toys retains their MSRP and only goes up when it becomes rare. I've made a shitload of money in the past year selling old Hot Toys figures I no longer care about. It's been extremely profitable.

Hot Toys retains their MSRP and only goes up when it becomes rare. I've made a shitload of money in the past year selling old Hot Toys figures I no longer care about. It's been extremely profitable.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of percentage increase over MSRP and what average profit?

I've never collected Hot Toys, nor do I ever intend to, but I've been selling off a lot of my MIB collections of various things over the past year. I'm making an absolute killing on some Legos and Transformers from the past half decade or so.

LiK

Just out of curiosity, what kind of percentage increase over MSRP and what average profit?

I've never collected Hot Toys, nor do I ever intend to, but I've been selling off a lot of my MIB collections of various things over the past year. I'm making an absolute killing on some Legos and Transformers from the past half decade or so.

I've made $100-300+ per figure. most of the ones I sold are rare now and still sealed. I never got around to displaying them and they're taking up space. Even opened HT figures can be sold close to MSRP depending on condition. And a lot of sellers sell the parts individually for ridiculous prices. I don't do that cuz I think it's a hassle.

I've made $100-300+ per figure. most of the ones I sold are rare now and still sealed. I never got around to displaying them and they're taking up space. Even opened HT figures can be sold close to MSRP depending on condition. And a lot of sellers sell the parts individually for ridiculous prices. I don't do that cuz I think it's a hassle.

Wow, impressive. The average Hot Toys MSRP is what, somewhere close to $200?

Fantomex

The very important thing to remember to you profiteers out there, is to make sure it's Marvel or DC. For example Snake Eyes, StormShadow, Terminator, Lone Ranger, are stuck in the same MSRP they were when first released. Once in a while their is an anomaly, but the sure thing is sticking to the comic book figures in my opinion.

SUPARSTARX

Things that people can customize/kit bash you can split and sell pretty well. Head sculpts going for $50-$90 off a $200 figure.

LiK

The very important thing to remember to you profiteers out there, is to make sure it's Marvel or DC. For example Snake Eyes, StormShadow, Terminator, Lone Ranger, are stuck in the same MSRP they were when first released. Once in a while their is an anomaly, but the sure thing is sticking to the comic book figures in my opinion.

The most I made is from the video game related ones. HT doesn't make many of them so they're rarer than the movie ones. I don't buy for profit because it's not worth it. But if I need to sell them, might as well make some money from them.

But yea, if you decide you wanna get rid of them quickly, just sell for MSRP and you can break even.

I'm guessing the Hulk pants are subject to change? They don't look like that in the other promo images of the Hulk. There's a bit more detail and it's a darker purple.
This was really bugging me last night so I rewatched all the available footage so far from the trailers, and it looks like he wears 2 different Hulk pants in the film. He wears these ones during the Hulkbuster fight, and the darker purple with red stripe pants at some other point.

Can't wait for the explanation on those Hulk shorts in AoU.
Don't think they really need much of an explanation. If Banner is gonna Hulk out he's going to need a pair of pants that don't rip every time.

LiK

This was really bugging me last night so I rewatched all the available footage so far from the trailers, and it looks like he wears 2 different Hulk pants in the film. He wears these ones during the Hulkbuster fight, and the darker purple with red stripe pants at some other point.

Don't think they really need much of an explanation. If Banner is gonna Hulk out he's going to need a pair of pants that don't rip every time.

Yea, I was thinking it's just special pants that won't break. Seemed obvious. Altho it takes away from his classic look. But it makes sense.

yeah I guess the risk isn't too bad, the absolute worst case I would see is you having to sell it for what you paid. I don't see any way you would lose money

Rootbeer

Banned
Yea, I was thinking it's just special pants that won't break. Seemed obvious. Altho it takes away from his classic look. But it makes sense.

In a lot of the comics, particularly in team books, he has similar gear that's not ripped. Though it usually looks much better than what they went with for AoU... oh well, can't have it all. I'm sure the movie will still be boss.

LiK

In a lot of the comics, particularly in team books, he has similar gear that's not ripped. Though it usually looks much better than what they went with for AoU... oh well, can't have it all. I'm sure the movie will still be boss.

Yea, I'm excited for the movie. Just seeing Hulkbuster is worth it.

But still no Stealth Suit. WHEN????

3N16MA

Banned

Not an explanation to the audience but Stark (or someone else) giving them to Banner. "Here are your indestructible shorts."

They may simply gloss over it altogether.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I found the Baymax Prototype Armor figure at Target today! I don't recall ever seeing this one announced. Bandai's stealth releases are insane.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your mounting abilities?

NateDog

I found the Baymax Prototype Armor figure at Target today! I don't recall ever seeing this one announced. Bandai's stealth releases are insane.

Damn that's pretty cool, I like the upgraded Baymax figures but I prefer his normal form and my girlfriend loves the look of this.

Flintty

Im a huge Mega Man fan and this looks weird to me, id rather have a re issue of the D-arts series,

Each to their own but this is a really interesting design for me!. I'm pleased they reached their goal and I can't wait to have this guy on my shelf :)

I'm in the mood to buy a Batman figure and I'm having trouble deciding. I know I want the 60's colors but can't choose between this

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-sideshow-collectibles-100090/

or

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10481&mode=retail

Does anyone have either of these? Any feedback would be helpful.
There are some reviews on YouTube, but I'd go for the 60s Batman myself. Far better head sculpt, body, costume and accessories.

Drayco21

I keep thinking about trying to find a decently scaled Baymax for my Marvel Legends display- it's cool to see they're still putting out new figures for the line regardless of scale- I never see them anywhere, so I wonder if they must be selling well

I'm in the mood to buy a Batman figure and I'm having trouble deciding. I know I want the 60's colors but can't choose between this

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-sideshow-collectibles-100090/

or

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10481&mode=retail

Does anyone have either of these? Any feedback would be helpful.

I don't think the Adam West is a good standalone Batman, I think it needs Ward Robin. I have the SSC Batman I like it. More display options with the multiple cowls.

jackdoe

$275 for the AoU HT Hulk

That's good, and cheaper than the first Hulk.
Cheaper than Ultron which is ridiculous. Ultron is probably going to be the only AoU Hot Toys figure that I won't get.

Pre-ordered the deluxe edition though. I do like the fixed torso and second head sculpt.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I keep thinking about trying to find a decently scaled Baymax for my Marvel Legends display- it's cool to see they're still putting out new figures for the line regardless of scale- I never see them anywhere, so I wonder if they must be selling well

I went with the Armor-Up Baymax. It's fun to transform him back and forth. Looks pretty nice!

Also Machine Man are Radioactive Man are AMAZING.

LosDaddie

Banned
Hmmm that isn't bad at all.

What did the original Avenger version go for?

$300...and worth every penny. I may be a little biased :)

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, I don't know what it would take for me to buy another HT Hulk. The Avengers version is just about perfect in my mind. I would definitely take a hard look if HT did an armored version like in the recent Infinity story.

Top Bottom