• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

20150225_234526-1.jpg

"Look sir, droids."

20150225_235242-1.jpg

In a lot of the comics, particularly in team books, he has similar gear that's not ripped. Though it usually looks much better than what they went with for AoU... oh well, can't have it all. I'm sure the movie will still be boss.
Honestly, I feel like the costumes in Age of Ultron are a step down for most of the cast. I like the idea behind Hulk's pants, but the design they went with doesn't look great. Black Widow has these gaudy lines all over her suit that look awful. Hawkeye's robes look bad. I thought Cap's outfit in Winter Soldier looked fucking awesome, but this one is pretty decent. Thor and Iron Man are recolors. Aside from the Hulkbuster and the rumored Mark 45, there isn't a lot to get excited about.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's a sad trend... a lot of these Marvel films feel like they have to change costumes every single film.

Remember the Reeves Superman films, Burton Batman, Raimi's Spider-Man...? Didn't need major costume changes each film, it's artificial and only serves one true purpose: to sell more merch.

"Oh, Iron Man has an all new suit! What? No scratch that he has FOUR new suits in this film, holy fuck, last film he only had 3 new suits, incredible!"

I love seeing new suits but it feels forced a lot of times, and in Age of Ultron it is the most blatantly unneeded change for some of the characters.

It's clear there is a problem when the new suits don't look better, only "different" -- Marvel needs to step back and stop feeling like they have to completely redesign every outfit each new film

And yet I'ms till buying a lot of the merch (to be fair, I barely bought any of the 2012 Avengers merch, so I guess I'm playing catch-up)

Age of Ultron Thanos Wave going for pre-order on March 1st
http://www.dorksidetoys.com/Marvel-Legends-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Thanos-Wave-p/hasmv73973.htm

THREE full ML waves all hitting within the span of one month... wtf is happening

I found the Baymax Prototype Armor figure at Target today! I don't recall ever seeing this one announced. Bandai's stealth releases are insane.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your mounting abilities?

oh whaaaat? I was just telling my girlfriend that they should have made this a figure. Time to hit Disney stores and Targets!

Flintty

I've just put my beloved Bane HT figure up for sale for an obscene price. I don't expect it to sell but if it does, I'm either getting Hulk or Ultron.

Cptkrush

It's a sad trend... a lot of these Marvel films feel like they have to change costumes every single film.

Remember the Reeves Superman films, Burton Batman, Raimi's Spider-Man...? Didn't need major costume changes each film, it's artificial and only serves one true purpose: to sell more merch.

"Oh, Iron Man has an all new suit! What? No scratch that he has FOUR new suits in this film, holy fuck, last film he only had 3 new suits, incredible!"

I love seeing new suits but it feels forced a lot of times, and in Age of Ultron it is the most blatantly unneeded change for some of the characters.

It's clear there is a problem when the new suits don't look better, only "different" -- Marvel needs to step back and stop feeling like they have to completely redesign every outfit each new film

And yet I'ms till buying a lot of the merch (to be fair, I barely bought any of the 2012 Avengers merch, so I guess I'm playing catch-up)

http://www.dorksidetoys.com/Marvel-Legends-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Thanos-Wave-p/hasmv73973.htm

THREE full ML waves all hitting within the span of one month... wtf is happening
Oh wow, thanks for the headsup on the pre order date!

Rootbeer

Banned
I live to serve.

I will be ordering mine STAT.

I'll probably order a case again since there is a lot of cost incentive to do so. Sadly that means i'll have an extra iron man and hulk. iron man might be hard to get rid of at MSPR, but Hulk figures are always in demand. He'll probably add value within a year, or as soon as the figures go out of production. The case is only $20 more than the set and you get 2 extra figures, effectively $10 each so it's hard to pass on that when it also includes the free shipping.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't follow all retailers that close but dorkside sold out of both cases & sets of the Allfather wave within a few days. They now have no singles, either. For the Hobgoblin wave, it's the same story only you can find a few singles still. Only the 2x per case figs though.

I think a lot of people will want to build Thanos, so this set will be roughly on par with both of the other sets. Hard to say if cases or sets will sell out... what I can say is you can order on or near March 1st and cancel at any time with zero consequences... so if you know what you want, I'd order and worry later if you change your mind.

It def won't be like a "sells out within 10 mins" scenario, you'll have time. It should take a few days for anything to sell out. Key word should.

worst case scenario there's always amazon and toysrus, but in my experience it's hard to predict what the stock will be like. sometimes they are quick sellouts, other times they have a healthy assortment.

Cptkrush

Thanks! Yeah I'm not too concerned about cancelling, I just want to make sure I can get a set since it's really hard to find new Legends around here. Most stores still only have Winter Soldier stuff. I could ask about back stock, but I doubt I would get as lucky as I did a few weeks ago again. But BBTS should have their pre orders up at roughly the same time, right? That should at least give a couple options just in case they sell instantly haha

3N16MA

Banned
Toys on fire (shop in Canada) has every upcoming wave of Marvel Legends on pre-order right now. Too bad each figure is about $30 on average.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't know, I studied long and hard on getting Hot Toys Vader, but I ultimately decided that I though the sideshow RotJ version was better overall. I hope Hot Toys will do a RotJ version with removable helmet someday.

I feel the Hot Toys ANH Vader is lacking in accessories too yet costs more compared to the Sideshow version.

I'm kinda stumped as to what Hot Toys is trying to accomplish with their version since it's not doing much to improve over past Vaders in that scale. I guess it comes down to the Hot Toys name which sells.

I don't know, I studied long and hard on getting Hot Toys Vader, but I ultimately decided that I though the sideshow RotJ version was better overall. I hope Hot Toys will do a RotJ version with removable helmet someday.

I feel the Hot Toys ANH Vader is lacking in accessories too yet costs more compared to the Sideshow version.

I'm kinda stumped as to what Hot Toys is trying to accomplish with their version since it's not doing much to improve over past Vaders in that scale. I guess it comes down to the Hot Toys name which sells.

I agree with you completely about the removable helmet. It was actually the one thing causing me to hesitate on making the purchase, but, ultimately I just liked the looks of the Hot Toys version better.

Do they charge upon shipping or at time of preorder?

Not a bad haul for $7. Anyone want to accept the challenge to ID all these guys?

I'll pay you $10 for the Spidey.

Anyway, top row is the Spider-Man 3 Legends Venom, Doc Ock, and Goblin, then a McFarlane Spidey. Bottom right is Spectacular Spidey figures, the X-Men stuff next to them is from the last X-Men cartoon. I know the Deadpool is from the Origins movie but I'm not sure on the others.

Thanks for the replies. I've lucked out at this store like this before when I found a kenner blue snaggletooth in a bag of my little ponies.

Drayco21

OTACHI IS HERE EARLY! Time for those Pacific Rim collection pictures I promised ages ago!

U21jMnI.png

Goddamn she looks great. I think I'm still going to hold out for that flying version coming down the line, but these pictures are making it a hard wait .

This line has been so great, I just wish the Kaiju in-general were articulated better- the Jaegers have been great for awhile now.

RE lover

Man I want the Perfect Cell figuart so badly, but there's no way I'm paying 235€ for it... does anyone know if these figures get re-releases?

1000076362_4.jpg

Zerojul

Man I want the Perfect Cell figuart so badly, but there's no way I'm paying 235€ for it... does anyone know if these figures get re-releases?

1000076362_4.jpg

They do re-releases, but unfortunately they never did one for Tamashi web limited figures so far. I should know, I've been waiting for a re-release of Trunks forever :/

Snaku

Banned

1000076362_4.jpg

Outside of the first few DBZ figuarts (SSJ Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo) all of the rest have been online exclusives. Tamashii doesn't reissue online exclusives, so if you want any of them then you have to deal with scalpers. I paid $150 for Freeza. :/

They do re-releases, but unfortunately they never did one for Tamashi web limited figures so far. I should know, I've been waiting for a re-release of Trunks forever :/

lol Trunks is the Holy Grail of these figures, people pay a lot to have him, knowing my luck, the minute I admit defeat, pony up and buy him at aftermarket/scalpers prices, the minutes his re-release gets announced.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wish I would have jumped on those Pacific Rim figures when they first started coming out, they look great

They're pretty easy to find. Just remember that it's NECA. My first Striker Eureka's leg broke clean off out of package, so I replaced it with their new release. The Kaiju are all amazing, but be very careful with the Jaegers.

Rootbeer

Banned
Dat feeling of receiving a txt from USPS saying you got a delivery and not knowing what it was :( I searched my e-mail for the tracking # and found nothing, lol.

Do they charge upon shipping or at time of preorder?
If you pay by paypal they will charge immediately. If you pay with CC they charge when it ships. This is stated in their FAQ! I like this because it gives you options. Some people do prefer to pay up front, and they have that option.

my spidey legends were delivered, too (different tracking #) T__T

can't wait to get home and build dat hobgoblin

You know who needs an SHF?

latest

A great accompaniment to Cell :p Oh, and while they are at it... all the other major HxH characters, please.

Top Bottom