• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

Underwhelmed, passing on this one, Sentinel's Riobot Mazinkaiser is the one to get.

Is there any way to get it at it's original price now, though?

So I managed to grab an F91 Metal Build preorder for $215 and I'm like 99% sure I don't want him but I know he's hard to come by. Should I keep it? Does anyone here need one without markup? Sniped someone's canceled one on BBTS.

Kinda interested, I won't lie.

guys, i hate to break this to you, but that's not a real april fool's sale. it's fake.
the giveaway is the shipping. i tried pre-ordering a cat but shipping is ridiculous. so it's probably a joke. maybe a special holiday in japan?

srst

Danny Choo reveals the 1/2 scale Mirai Mannequin Machine...on April 1st.
pahyEuN.jpg

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27636/Mirai+Mannequin+Machine.html

- J - D -

I've been having a rather crap week so I was especially happy to receive my Mezco Daredevil yesterday and even happier that he turned out so well. I love this thing! Really lifted my spirits. I just really dig how stacked this figure was. The prices are steep but Mezco really loaded this guy up with goodies. I was particularly impressed by the battle damaged sculpt. Really knocked my socks off. I'm having too much fun with him I had to share:

I might end up buying the Figuarts Turtles as my first 6" figures . . . How does FIguarts compared to the Bandai Tamashi & Damashii lines? I was thinking of mixing lines, but the Figuarts seem to have the best versions of figures if they overlap between lines.

From what I've gathered, Bandai Tamashii (or Tamashii Nations) is more like a brand umbrella that houses various lines such as SH Figuarts, MonsterArts, D-Arts and the like. Damashii is for mechas, I think, but I don't have much experience there.

now that SHF released their pictures for Spider-Man Homecoming, which one you think is better between Mafex and SHF? I think I prefer Mafex for the seemingly better leg range of movement and tom holland head. SHF textures on the suit also feel a bit too much imo, Mafex textures look a bit more subtle at least in photo

how reliable is mafex promo pictures of their face sculpt compare to actual product? Tom Holland face looks great in promo picture, but I remember the Ryu face look different in Storm Collectible figure between promo pic and release. so wondering if that's normal for action figure release.

Mafex will reportedly start using face printing tech like SHF so there's a chance that their Tom Holland Petey head will look close to the promo pictures, but who knows.

Honestly I prefer the look of the mafex spidey to the SHF one.

Quick question for anyone that knows Power Rangers merchandise.

What are the biggest scale Dragon, Tiger and Falcon Zords out there,
and what line is the best quality versions of those?

Other than Figuarts Green Ranger and the movie Pterodactyl I haven't bought a single thing since I was 6 when MMPR ended so im completely out of the loop.

Boke1879

Other than Figuarts Green Ranger and the movie Pterodactyl I haven't bought a single thing since I was 6 when MMPR ended so im completely out of the loop.

Where did you get your Green Ranger from? I'm looking around and i see it for over $100

LiK

Yeah the after market on the MMPR Figuarts is insane. Glad I bought all of them when they were out. One of my favorite displays.

Funny, I remember when Amazon had a bunch of sales for them. I should've just bought the full team. I only bought Green Ranger.

NEO0MJ

Right now the best versions are the Legacy versions of those figures, which are pretty close to the size of the originals. The Tigerzord is now out of stock and overpriced but you can get the other two close to MSRP.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CYZ1V56/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BANA10466&mode=retail

Boke1879

Yeah the after market on the MMPR Figuarts is insane. Glad I bought all of them when they were out. One of my favorite displays.

Welp. I'm gonna take the plunge. It'll be a slow process for me but I'm getting the MMPR figuarts.

Some are a bit on the affordable side. The ones I'll most likely get last are the White, Green Blue and Pink rangers.

Going for the Yellow, Armored Red, and Armored black to start off with. Got the Soul of Chogokin Megazord on preorder and then I'll get the Thunderzord at some point.

reminder at 3:00am EST in a few hours, bandai DX Macross delta valk Mirage VF-31C pre-orders go up;
Macross Delta Mirage Jenius valk
VF-31C
August release
Just wondering, where do people preorder like these? Directly from manufacturer?

I'm from Indonesia and I know a couple store that accept preorder for toys and figures, but I wonder if they actually get better price somewhere so they can some profit selling preorder.

I'm interested in trying to open a store selling toys and figure and curious how it work.

Holy crap that was the fastest pre-order i've seen go on HLJ. literally 30 seconds. i guess now that users got their hands on the initial VF-31J, people found out it's a solid figure and the demand is there.

Just wondering, where do people preorder like these? Directly from manufacturer?

I'm from Indonesia and I know a couple store that accept preorder for toys and figures, but I wonder if they actually get better price somewhere so they can some profit selling preorder.

I'm interested in trying to open a store selling toys and figure and curious how it work.
from places like amiami, hlj, hobbysearch, they're all import stores.

EDIT:
S.H.Figuarts Spider-Man Home Coming at hlj

Delio

It's sad. I wish i was collecting these when they first came out. I only have Red and Black with Dragonshield. Doubt i will ever get the rest.

Btw do you guys have tips on cleaning figures?

Right now the best versions are the Legacy versions of those figures, which are pretty close to the size of the originals. The Tigerzord is now out of stock and overpriced but you can get the other two close to MSRP.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CYZ1V56/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BANA10466&mode=retail
Thanks

Man back when I was buying the Akibarangers I remember Gokai Yellow 2nd hand going for like $120.

NEO0MJ

just saw HLJ and there are information for wholesale. I think I'll try to follow up on this, just to learn how it work

Color me surprised. Other than AmiAmi I didn't expect many online retailers to sell in bulk. How can they cover for stores when they can barely handle individual​ consumers 😂

Just don't wait on it for too long. They can sell out in any moment and good luck when they do. I've been waiting over a year for the upcoming Dragonzord reissue.

SeanC

Yoda has released, finally!

Oh shit. The got rid of the sculpted hair.

I may have to get this now, that was one aesthetic on the early photos that I really didn't like.

Also both love and don't love the new Stormtrooper Han. I actually think the likeness is better than the regular Han but the expression is a bit much.

Color me surprised. Other than AmiAmi I didn't expect many online retailers to sell in bulk. How can they cover for stores when they can barely handle individual​ consumers 😂

Just don't wait on it for too long. They can sell out in any moment and good luck when they do. I've been waiting over a year for the upcoming Dragonzord reissue.

Good to know, I appreciate it.

Oh shit. The got rid of the sculpted hair.

I may have to get this now, that was one aesthetic on the early photos that I really didn't like.

Also both love and don't love the new Stormtrooper Han. I actually think the likeness is better than the regular Han but the expression is a bit much.

I know! It was a pleasant surprise when I saw the pics this morning. I think HT did a good job considering it cost $200. Two head sculpts with real hair, diorama base, bunch of accessories, some with light up features.

Top Bottom