• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Boke1879

Yup.
Im wanting a lot so my wallet is already horrified.

Isn't the 25th anniversary coming up? You would think they would re-release at least a lot of the older zords.

And yea looking up the figuarts. Amazing how the blue and pink rangers are among the expensive ones along with the White and Green Rangers.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, both Megazord and Tigerzord have been available until at least until a couple of months ago.
My problem with Tigerzord is that it's too show accurate, so it comes off as kinda deformed. I liked some of the proportions of the old toy better, such as the head design and the larger shoulders.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I think everyone prefers sculpting perfectly symmetrical things like Stormtrooper helmets as opposed to human faces.

The OT stormtrooper helmets actually weren't symmetrical.

I saw some NECA Predator figures in person along with the pics posted in here and I'm amazed at the details on these things at the price point. Shame Star Wars gets stuck with Hasbro for its 6 inch line. Checking out some of NECA's other lines are equalally as amazing.

- J - D -

I think everyone prefers sculpting perfectly symmetrical things like Stormtrooper helmets as opposed to human faces.

Mechanical things are easier to sculpt, I'd bet. But I'm no artist.

I saw some NECA Predator figures in person along with the pics posted in here and I'm amazed at the details on these things at the price point. Shame Star Wars gets stuck with Hasbro for its 6 inch line. Checking out some of NECA's other lines are equalally as amazing.

Yeah a lot of times I've seen NECA stuff in person I'm thinking "wow you get all this at this quality for $24?"

Boke1879

Whew lawd a brotha is about to be spending some cash.

Put in a Preorder for the Dragonzord and Soul of Chogokin megazord today at BBTS

Boke1879

Soul of Chogokin megazord is probably going to be the best made ever.
check out the reviews of the soul of chogokin voltron

Oh I'm excited for it. It looks amazing and can't wait for it. Just I know over the course of this year and into next I'm going to spend way too much on Power Rangers merch haha.

Dragoshi1

So I got my 52toys TOPOP Beast Boxes in, at least two of them for now, anyway!

They're tiny 2 inch cubes that unfold into little dinosaurs, and I got the GHOSTDOG and Police Scheme DIO ones. They're even posable, their jaws open, and their legs can bend and move in every direction.

They're apparently making a Triceratops, Gorilla, and Mammoth next.

Q8cMmIS.jpg
CvxNBtG.jpg

aparisi2274

So my MP-36 Megatron was delivered today from Amazon Japan ( I live in NYC), and he is without a doubt the nicest of the MP figures, but also suffers from being the most complex MP to transform into his alt mode.

Here are some pics I took:

33670707072_c9b339e5a4_c.jpg

33670707022_a4e4a7c4ae_c.jpg

33826834815_fd80c64de2_c.jpg

32983448804_9ec33772ed_c.jpg

33013501543_ed9d27d60b_c.jpg

33441929940_81c437e904_c.jpg

He is about the same height as Starscream, a bit taller than Soundwave and Shockwave, and also a bit taller than Prime. The detail is really amazing, especially all the little nods to his G1 form, like if you remove a faceplate you see his matrix/grid style face like you saw in the animated movie when Unicron was scanning him to become Galvatron. The battle damaged face and chest are really nice, as well as the grinning face plate. Another cool touch is with the arm cannon. If you add two LR44 batteries you can press a button it and make cartoon accurate sound effects, and I believe there are three modes to choose from, but I am not sure as I did not get the batteries yet.

If you have the means to get this from Amazon Japan, or amiami, I would highly recommend you do so, as it is definitely a must own.

Pros:

- Excellent Mold
- plethora of accessories
- Most posable of all the MP figures.
- Excellent weight (not to flimsy or light)

Cons:

- Insanely difficult transformation, especially if you are not fluent with Japanese to read the instructions (find a youtube vid. Thats what I did).
- When transformed into alt-mode, there are way to many lines (what I mean by that is if you look at the pic above, you see every section of the gun is broken into sections by lines, and it kind of detracts from the overall beauty).

Final Grade: A-

So my MP-36 Megatron was delivered today from Amazon Japan ( I live in NYC), and he is without a doubt the nicest of the MP figures, but also suffers from being the most complex MP to transform into his alt mode.

He is about the same height as Starscream, a bit taller than Soundwave and Shockwave, and also a bit taller than Prime. The detail is really amazing, especially all the little nods to his G1 form, like if you remove a faceplate you see his matrix/grid style face like you saw in the animated movie when Unicron was scanning him to become Galvatron. The battle damaged face and chest are really nice, as well as the grinning face plate. Another cool touch is with the arm cannon. If you add two LR44 batteries you can press a button it and make cartoon accurate sound effects, and I believe there are three modes to choose from, but I am not sure as I did not get the batteries yet.

If you have the means to get this from Amazon Japan, or amiami, I would highly recommend you do so, as it is definitely a must own.

Pros:

- Excellent Mold
- plethora of accessories
- Most posable of all the MP figures.
- Excellent weight (not to flimsy or light)

Cons:

- Insanely difficult transformation, especially if you are not fluent with Japanese to read the instructions (find a youtube vid. Thats what I did).
- When transformed into alt-mode, there are way to many lines (what I mean by that is if you look at the pic above, you see every section of the gun is broken into sections by lines, and it kind of detracts from the overall beauty).

Final Grade: A-

nice review! did yours come with an orange safety plug on the barrel?

NEO0MJ

So I got my 52toys TOPOP Beast Boxes in, at least two of them for now, anyway!

They're tiny 2 inch cubes that unfold into little dinosaurs, and I got the GHOSTDOG and Police Scheme DIO ones. They're even posable, their jaws open, and their legs can bend and move in every direction.

They're apparently making a Triceratops, Gorilla, and Mammoth next.

Those are pretty cute.

LiK

Damn, Amazon Japan is shipping MP TF figures overseas? Nice.

I have the original MP Megatron first release. No orange tip. Still sealed so I might just sell it.

NEO0MJ

One problem for me is that I refuse to buy more than one rendition of the exact same design, and I already have the original cosmic rust infected version. Offloading for me is a problem as well.

dankir

Civil War - War Machine 3.0 released. Comparison of all the Hot Toys figures of him. They're all pretty varied.

17758539_1716461548651922_5248604618500824554_o.jpg

can't wait to get him

17637086_10158420585285153_4227924315551520212_o.jpg

17499222_10158420585270153_7989220179756365116_n.jpg

aparisi2274

Really tempted to pick up MP Megatron. I already have the X-Transbots Apollyon but it's nice to have the real thing.

I have Apollyon, and at the time that I got him he was the best of the MP class Megatron's out there, but now with the official one from Takara, I'm going to retire him.

When you compare him to the official Megatron and with the other official MP decepticons, he doesn't really fit in (aesthetically speaking). I'm hoping I can offload him on eBay or something....

Rootbeer

Banned
amazon.co.jp will restock megatron, right?

I want to cancel my BBTS one and save a bunch of money that way now that we have reports of the non-orange plug version not getting blocked (which is as it should be -- it's fucking stupid if this figure got blocked by customs)

dangeROSS

I've been having a rather crap week so I was especially happy to receive my Mezco Daredevil yesterday and even happier that he turned out so well. I love this thing! Really lifted my spirits. I just really dig how stacked this figure was. The prices are steep but Mezco really loaded this guy up with goodies. I was particularly impressed by the battle damaged sculpt. Really knocked my socks off. I'm having too much fun with him I had to share:

Those Mezco figures are pretty interesting. Daredevil looks nice, not sure I'm sold on how some of the others look. The cloth outfits seem to work better on some rather then others. But still think it's great they are working on this stuff and can't wait to see more stuff in the future.

- J - D -

Those Mezco figures are pretty interesting. Daredevil looks nice, not sure I'm sold on how some of the others look. The cloth outfits seem to work better on some rather then others. But still think it's great they are working on this stuff and can't wait to see more stuff in the future.

I'm pretty selective with these Mezco figures for that reason. Frankly, Daredevil is the only Mezco one:12 onesie-suit superhero figure I wanted. The others veer too much towards those old school Mego toy proportions and the cloths look like pajamas.

Right now I have the Daredevil, Punisher, and Judge Dredd and I'm good with just those for the foreseeable future.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm pretty selective with these Mezco figures for that reason. Frankly, Daredevil is the only Mezco one:12 onesie-suit superhero figure I wanted. The others veer too much towards those old school Mego toy proportions and the cloths look like pajamas.

Right now I have the Daredevil, Punisher, and Judge Dredd and I'm good with just those for the foreseeable future.

I had the Mego Trek stuff but sold them. Got big money for the aliens. I sold the Romulan for 800x what I paid for it, loose.
The Mezco ones blow them away.
I hate the Mezco Caps, though.

aparisi2274

Another Masterpiece is on display! So I had MP-20 WheelJack for about a year now, and had him sitting in the box and decided I would finally put him on display.

MP WheelJack is an excellent representation of his G1 self, and is one of the easier MP's to actually transform (unlinke MP-36 Megatron, see my previous post for more on that.). He stands around the same height as Sideswipe and is a bit smaller than Hot Rod.

Pros:

- Excellent G1 representation
- Super easy to Transform

Cons:

- Not as posable as newer MP figures

Final Grade: B+

33032883083_5e37566c65_c.jpg

33461890140_c5f9c4d0ff_c.jpg

33805342756_2afda88ee7_c.jpg

33462185210_f0a28bc7d0_c.jpg

Ugh I wanna ship my MP Megs so bad but waiting for the F91 metal build to drop.
you decided to hold onto F91? asian reviews so far have been positive looking at amazon jyp reviews through google translate, just a bit under-sized.
ugh... been checking amazon jyp everyday for mp-36. don't wanna orange plug =P

Top Bottom