• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Still 16 left!

k9PiLvX.jpg

NEO0MJ

I wonder if there's a chance we'll get a (BOTW spoiler)
Spider Calamity Ganon
figure or statue. I really liked that design but it has to be from a company with experience making large detailed figures such as 3A.

I have Apollyon, and at the time that I got him he was the best of the MP class Megatron's out there, but now with the official one from Takara, I'm going to retire him.

When you compare him to the official Megatron and with the other official MP decepticons, he doesn't really fit in (aesthetically speaking). I'm hoping I can offload him on eBay or something....
I'm definitely gonna have to pick him up now. Fuck, I just hope I can get a decent price for Apollyon on eBay

Got

Banned
MP-36 looks great but Despotron still looks the best aesthetically wen standing next to MP-10. I think they'll have to revisit Optimus again to make a more cartoon accurate version to go with the recent change in style with MP figures.

i just want a mp-36 without that stupid orange plug and my box opened.
i don't mind one with an orange plug for open and display. but i have two on order and wanted to keep one misb =/

i don't mind one with an orange plug for open and display. but i have two on order and wanted to keep one misb =/

There will be MP 36 reissues down the road,probably different color variant releases as well. I was gonna get two Megs now but history has shown the reissues/2nd runs come out and are cheaper so Im good with one for now. Also looking forward to see a black version or toy version of Megs,Ill bite at both. The store Toy Dojo is expecting another batch in that you can preorder still,free shipping over $150 and no orange plugs.

There will be MP 36 reissues down the road,probably different color variant releases as well. I was gonna get two Megs now but history has shown the reissues/2nd runs come out and are cheaper so Im good with one for now. Also looking forward to see a black version or toy version of Megs,Ill bite at both. The store Toy Dojo is expecting another batch in that you can preorder still,free shipping over $150 and no orange plugs.

thanks for the heads up!

damn those us prices... 229 damn. i had it @ hlj for $161 (18000yen) but dropped him. oh if there's re-stocks, i'm going to wait it out for amazon jyp. my friend grabbed him from amazon jyp for 180 shipped DHL, got to him in 2 days... i'm kicking myself for not getting in on it.

thanks for the heads up!

damn those us prices... 229 damn. i had it @ hlj for $161 (18000yen) but dropped him. oh if there's re-stocks, i'm going to wait it out for amazon jyp. my friend grabbed him from amazon jyp for 180 shipped DHL, got to him in 2 days... i'm kicking myself for not getting in on it.

Yeah kicking myself too for not trying out Amazon Japan,figured it would be too much work to sign up. Got mine for $189 shipped through Nippon Yassan but shipping is taking forever ugh. Yeah Takara will have more pumping out eventually just a waiting game. Are there stock alerts on Amazon Japan site?

Yeah kicking myself too for not trying out Amazon Japan,figured it would be too much work to sign up. Got mine for $189 shipped through Nippon Yassan but shipping is taking forever ugh. Yeah Takara will have more pumping out eventually just a waiting game. Are there stock alerts on Amazon Japan site?
never tried bc amazon US is so bad at notifications.

189 shipped? that's a hell of a good price, congrats!

Rootbeer

Banned
I'd probably end up selling it like 6 months later...

It's all 1/12 scale stuff for me now. Smaller figures means more space for more figures!
Welcome to my world. Best scale. Best balance of size (and thus space requirements) and detail/features. Oh, and price.

Hope you are enjoying the One:12 Collective stuff from Mezco. That line is really starting to heat up.

Welcome to my world. Best scale. Best balance of size (and thus space requirements) and detail/features. Oh, and price.

Hope you are enjoying the One:12 Collective stuff from Mezco. That line is really starting to heat up.

Zu pls don't empathize with him you at least kept your BvS Batman.

Mine came with no plug from toydojo. That site is seriously the best. Mine arrived next day with free shipping. Even when they add them, they're usually easy to pop out

The One:12 stuff looks great but I don't know where to buy them in the UK. Gonna have to look.
Zu pls don't empathize with him you at least kept your BvS Batman.
Sell all the Hot Toys.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah, it's by far the best in this scale. That first one was an insult haha. I still hope figuarts does an update at some point

I really doubt they're capable of outdoing the upcoming Vader resculpt from Mafex.

Got

Banned
Just ordered the deluxe Figma Link Between Worlds. I know the Skyward Sword version has been KO'd. Does anyone know if the LBW one has been as well?

I still end up choosing shf version. I agree that mafex looks great, but you can already see some hole and gaps in mafex joints. Shf feels like a more solid figure and it's not like shf articulation looks bad. I hope I'm not regretting my pick.
Yeah, SHF does look like the more solid figure. In terms of aesthetics, though, the MAFEX wins. More accurate to how the costume appears in the movies, with the eyes sitting flush on the head and not too much texture.

Top Bottom