• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

pics aren't showing up for me. Would really like to see them.

Hopefully this works, uploaded to imgur:

vx0SIvV.jpg

No problem. Would hate to miss out on something I want as well. Speaking off...

Tamashii Mix Mechagodzilla is now available for preorder at BBTS! It was originally a P-Bandai exclusive so this is a great chance for us outside of Japan to get it. This thing looks absolutely amazing and is the defenitive design of Mechagodzilla IMO. The figure can even split into its component parts!

Where the hell is Kipp? He would love this.

Snaku

Banned

Tamashii Mix Mechagodzilla is now available for preorder at BBTS! It was originally a P-Bandai exclusive so this is a great chance for us outside of Japan to get it. This thing looks absolutely amazing and is the defenitive design of Mechagodzilla IMO. The figure can even split into its component parts!

While it might seem kinda overpriced considering that it's only 7 inches tall, I just can't resist it. This is one of those things that really speak to me.

Yup, I very rarely buy articulated kaiju figures, preferring X-Plus and resins. But this som bitch has my money. GvsMG93 was the last of the Heisei films I got to see, and for years the only thing I had to go by was Ohrai's amazing art on the theatrical poster. That Mechagodzilla was the definition of badassery, and words cannot express how disappointed I was with the actual design used in the film. Like wtf happened?

So glad this design is finally getting its due, and that it's a Chogokin-Monsterarts collaboration. The nice diecast parts and multiple transformations will justify the price.

So Hasbro's HASCON has gone on sale, what a joke. $165 for a weekend pass for a Hasbro ran con? Guests are mostly all Hasbro employees so far, and Stan Lee.... oh yea Chewbacca mom too.... lol

They also have shitty policies that kills alot of cosplay, and you can't get your own stuff signed by guests, only stuff bought in the convention with a receipt from the vendor..... yea this is doomed.

NEO0MJ

That Mechagodzilla was the definition of badassery, and words cannot express how disappointed I was with the actual design used in the film. Like wtf happened?

Seriously. Mechagodzilla II was such an ugly design. Kiryu was better but it still couldn't match the design if the original, let alone this.

While it might seem kinda overpriced considering that it's only 7 inches tall, I just can't resist it. This is one of those things that really speak to me.

Yeah. This is awesome. I just ordered the Special Color Edition. I don't know what I want to do about this. This is superior in every way, but it's also crazy expensive. I guess I have a few months to figure it out. I'm sure it won't be hard to get rid of the Special Color version later on.

NEO0MJ

Yeah. This is awesome. I just ordered the Special Color Edition. I don't know what I want to do about this. This is superior in every way, but it's also crazy expensive. I guess I have a few months to figure it out. I'm sure it won't be hard to get rid of the Special Color version later on.

What's the special color edition? Frankly I only just yesterday remembered that this figure was supposed to be coming and was surprised by how far ahead it went, since I only remembered the original announcement when they didn't even have a prototype shown.

What's the special color edition? Frankly I only just yesterday remembered that this figure was supposed to be coming and was surprised by how far ahead it went, since I only remembered the original announcement when they didn't even have a prototype shown.

I double checked my order. When he was announced, he was billed as a Special Color Version, but the the release name is Super Mechagodzilla. He's a re-release of their first figure with a few differences. He comes packed with the Garduda and has a metallic finish to him, instead of the gray color on the original figure. I'm also pretty sure they updated the articulation a bit.

He's a cool looking figure. But that poster version is just bad ass. But he's also $70 more than what I paid for Super Mecha.

MG310

I guess people have been walking off with The Rock and Steve Austin Figuarts at Toys R Us as they put them in the DVD sized security cases.

Rock has also been dropped to 39.99

NEO0MJ

He's a cool looking figure. But that poster version is just bad ass. But he's also $70 more than what I paid for Super Mecha.

The Garuda helps improve this figure a lot, that's for sure.
And yeah, it's much more expensive than anything else in the line. Probably because it's a limited release of an entirely new mold, so they don't have economies of scale on their side.

No room now on the top 3 shelfs of each Detolf. Next would be resorting to the bottom shelf where you have to sit down on the ground to enjoy them.

Couldn't you put him with pre-episode VII characters? he feels out of place with Finn and BB-8.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I found Colossus and Jim Lee Cyclops for under $20 each.
Now I can just wait for the rest of that wonderful wave to go on clearance.
The parts of Warlock that I have right now look so fucking good...

The Garuda helps improve this figure a lot, that's for sure.
And yeah, it's much more expensive than anything else in the line. Probably because it's a limited release of an entirely new mold, so they don't have economies of scale on their side.

Couldn't you put him with pre-episode VII characters? he feels out of place with Finn and BB-8.

He is right next to R2 and Luke on the shelf to the left you can't see.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
THAT IS SO AWESOME.

I wonder how much effort it would take to make a semi-full large scale diorama complete with fake swamp and X-wing coming out of it.

Man... a 1/6 X-Wing would be 8 feet long. If you had molds for one it would take $3,000 worth of resin just to make one of them.

TAJ

Oh I just assumed there was a model kit in that scale out there somewhere. Hmmmm nevermind then, lol.

There are 1/24 kits. They cost about $500-600.

TAJ

Ehhhhh. Maybe just do the dagobah swamp diorama without the x-wing, then.

You could scratch build a one-off. You'd just have to make a metal frame to support the weight. Then you could build a sheet styrene skin over it. That would have much lower material costs. Would take forever, though.
Follow your dreams!

Here's a Black Series scale X-Wing. It was built for Return of the Jedi but never used.
https://postimage.io/

The weight on this was fairly manageable so they got away with a metal pipe through the middle and some supports for the wings.

I've seen bigger ones that were reasonably light but they didn't look accurate at all.

- J - D -

You could scratch build a one-off. You'd just have to make a metal frame to support the weight. Then you could build a sheet styrene skin over it. That would have much lower material costs. Would take forever, though.
Follow your dreams!

Yeah and also I think building just top parts of the x-wing would be pretty doable without too much cost. The canopy, thrusters and the top wings coming out of the water would be a pretty cool effect.

I gotta get Yoda to start with though, lol.

MG310

I found Colossus and Jim Lee Cyclops for under $20 each.
Now I can just wait for the rest of that wonderful wave to go on clearance.
The parts of Warlock that I have right now look so fucking good...

I ended up just ordering a case. Warlock is fantastic.

Even Amazon first party is scalping Colossus right now...he's at $25.07.

NEO0MJ

I was just considering buying the Nel X for a friend. Might go with this instead. Would an action figure be a strange wedding gift?

- J - D -

I specifically remember someone here asking about this:

http://news.toyark.com/2017/05/24/ghost-n-goblins-arthur-update-photos-details-253708

It's up for preorder on BBTS and AmiAmi now.

OH! I need both!

Budget... My figure orders for July-Sept are pretty hefty :x (This one is also a gift, so only need one... I'll have to sneakily ask without it being obvious!)

You need both! Sell something you don't want anymore and then get both!

Budget... My figure orders for July-Sept are pretty hefty :x (This one is also a gift, so only need one... I'll have to sneakily ask without it being obvious!)

I try not to have more than one or two per month. I'm fine so far except October is going to fucking murder me.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So many enablers :p If it was actually for me I'd probably give in! I'm leaning towards classic grey until I ask though.

He's still available FYI.

People should buy Ignatius too because he's amazing.

http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.com/ML-ALL-STARS-SIR-IGNATIUS_p_25.html

Thanks. That was a mess. Double Trollble sold out so I just bought both trolls individually since the smaller characters I wanted all sold out and I planned to spend a bit over $200 anyway.

I did add Ignatius because you said so and made me go back to the site ;) I also got Baron Volligar since he looks like he would be Sir Ignatius' enemy.

Thanks. That was a mess. Double Trollble sold out so I just bought both trolls individually since the smaller characters I wanted all sold out and I planned to spend a bit over $200 anyway.

I did add Ignatius because you said so and made me go back to the site ;) I also got Baron Volligar since he looks like he would be Sir Ignatius' enemy.

Yeah that's how I have those two displayed. Ignatius is easily my fave figure from them and Volligar is up there too.

Also, shameless plug, but my friend has a KS for a line of action figures he's trying to get made. I doubt anyone here actually is familiar with the source material, but the figures look way better than the first KS they launched. Just wanted to share.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thekingdomcomic/animal-warriors-of-the-kingdom-series-1

Top Bottom