• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I read some reviews. It sounds like loose floppy joints are a problem... but they are also only $20

That's actually pretty expensive. The Neca ones with boatloads of accessories top out at $25.

Jaeger

Just got back from seeing Alien Covenant. Ready for my Hot Toys now.

Seeing that tonight. Can't wait!

Now I'll have two more Predators. I'm also probably going to get the Hiya Aliens, too.

I might have a problem. Not Messi / Harley level. But still.

You don't have a problem. One day I will share all the Pred and Alien stuff I have, here. Speaking of which, after pre-ordering my Hiya Preds I instantly started looking around for quality military 1/18 scale figs, vehicles and sets so I can have my Preds hunt and kill them and take pictures of it for my IG.

Am I the only one?

Artanisix

HMO acquired Warhammer 40K license, they'll be releasing 30-inch diorama premium statues for those interested. I don't think there really exists a 1/4 scale line for WH40K so this is pretty dope.

They've also announced they've acquired the Darkstalkers license and will be creating 24 (iirc) Darkstalkers 1/4 scale statues, starting with Morrigan. They mentioned they have another fighting game license acquired as well (most people suspect it is Guilty Gear), but they haven't revealed it just yet.

Also, they revealed they finally revealed their Megaman statue! No high res pics yet, but here it is (no switch outs shown):

C00xGMQ.png

Up for PO May 26th, 2017 -- not available to those in the US/Canada unfortunately.

video if you prefer to see it in motion

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, the cool 1000Toys x Toy Pizza collab figure was just revealed and it's awesome:

I don't think anyone really follows Toy Pizza in here, but I think I've posted some of their stuff a long time ago. I love the little vinyl figures they make, and it's crazy that they're doing so many collabs.

- J - D -

Just received my first ever order from BBTS and I gotta say I'm impressed by their service. Solid packaging -- thick cardboard box with bubble wrap/padding everywhere inside, which makes a huge difference compared to Amazon who just throws one air bubble packet in their flimsy box and calls it a day.

Also, my order arrived in like 4 days, from Wisconsin to California on their cheapest super saver shipping. Really happy.

Oh man, the cool 1000Toys x Toy Pizza collab figure was just revealed and it's awesome:

I don't think anyone really follows Toy Pizza in here, but I think I've posted some of their stuff a long time ago. I love the little vinyl figures they make, and it's crazy that they're doing so many collabs.

No idea what this is but the name "Synthetic Knight of the Slice" is an amazing name.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Toy Pizza makes these Sentai-esque 4" figures called Knights of the Slice. Most of their stuff is done through a limited run store and they sell out fast. They're neat little figures, and the guys at Toy Pizza are really cool. I have a couple of my own, including the SDCC exclusive Integer Knight and the Vector Jump armor collab with Onell Design.

tl;dr more cool and unique obscure stuff that nobody collects that I do and yes they're pretty much bug-eyed pizza Power Rangers

EDIT: I preordered the collab figure because my love for limited run exclusive things is neverending

EDIT 2: ROOOOOOOOOAR

grendelrt

HMO acquired Warhammer 40K license, they'll be releasing 30-inch diorama premium statues for those interested. I don't think there really exists a 1/4 scale line for WH40K so this is pretty dope.

They've also announced they've acquired the Darkstalkers license and will be creating 24 (iirc) Darkstalkers 1/4 scale statues, starting with Morrigan. They mentioned they have another fighting game license acquired as well (most people suspect it is Guilty Gear), but they haven't revealed it just yet.

Also, they revealed they finally revealed their Megaman statue! No high res pics yet, but here it is (no switch outs shown):

Up for PO May 26th, 2017 -- not available to those in the US/Canada unfortunately.

Oh man Warhammer 40K statues...the possibilities.....my wallet!!

LiK

Dammit, stop making 1/4 statues for Capcom. I would like shit to have space for. At least provide 1/6 versions.

You don't have a problem. One day I will share all the Pred and Alien stuff I have, here. Speaking of which, after pre-ordering my Hiya Preds I instantly started looking around for quality military 1/18 scale figs, vehicles and sets so I can have my Preds hunt and kill them and take pictures of it for my IG.

Am I the only one?

If you were so inclined, you might want to take a look at the GI Joe Pursuit of Cobra Duke, Recondo and Sprit figures. Hasbro gave them new looks that seem pretty inspired by Dutch, Blain and Billy.

EHI7NRZ.jpg

FdpqW56.jpg

lAaLtDh.jpg

edit: I need to stop watching and looking at GI Joe stuff.

Wait, what? There aren't even 24 characters in Darkstalkers. Should we expect 16 Morrigans, 2 Lilith, 5 Felicia and a Hsien-Ko?

Either way, that could get really expensive. I would definitely get a decent Felicia, Hsien-Ko, Donovan and maybe Jedah. And I'm guessing 1/4 scale would be costly...

Seeing that tonight. Can't wait!

Am I the only one?
Post more predator pics =)
Toy Pizza makes these Sentai-esque 4" figures called Knights of the Slice. Most of their stuff is done through a limited run store and they sell out fast. They're neat little figures, and the guys at Toy Pizza are really cool. I have a couple of my own, including the SDCC exclusive Integer Knight and the Vector Jump armor collab with Onell Design.

tl;dr more cool and unique obscure stuff that nobody collects that I do and yes they're pretty much bug-eyed pizza Power Rangers

EDIT: I preordered the collab figure because my love for limited run exclusive things is neverending

EDIT 2: ROOOOOOOOOAR
Oh awesome a zilla fan=)

Code:
[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/unIjnWoylxc/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

Yes please!

Jaeger

If you were so inclined, you might want to take a look at the GI Joe Pursuit of Cobra Duke, Recondo and Sprit figures. Hasbro gave them new looks that seem pretty inspired by Dutch, Blain and Billy.

EHI7NRZ.jpg

FdpqW56.jpg

lAaLtDh.jpg

edit: I need to stop watching and looking at GI Joe stuff.

Yo. This is awesome. Blatant inspiration was the Pred film. Definitely have to get them. Thank you.

So from what I understand the G.I. Joe line phas been dead for awhile, sans Collectors Club and Anniversary releases? Which left a gap in 1/18 scale figs that many others companies are starting yo fill! Those customizable Maurader Inc figs look amazing.

Artanisix

Wait, what? There aren't even 24 characters in Darkstalkers. Should we expect 16 Morrigans, 2 Lilith, 5 Felicia and a Hsien-Ko?

Either way, that could get really expensive. I would definitely get a decent Felicia, Hsien-Ko, Donovan and maybe Jedah. And I'm guessing 1/4 scale would be costly...

I probably totally mixed up one of their lines with another one, sorry! They said they're making every Darkstalkers character though.

kunonabi

Demitri
Morrigan
Gallon
Victor
Anakaris
Aulbath
Sasquatch
Felicia
Bishamon
Zabel
Donovan
Lei lei
Phobos
Pyron
Bulletta
Lilith
Q-bee
Jedah

Plus transformations, side characters like anita and ling ling, and midnight bliss variants so 24 doesnt sound too crazy.

Yo. This is awesome. Blatant inspiration was the Pred film. Definitely have to get them. Thank you.

So from what I understand the G.I. Joe line phas been dead for awhile, sans Collectors Club and Anniversary releases? Which left a gap in 1/18 scale figs that many others companies are starting yo fill! Those customizable Maurader Inc figs look amazing.

Pretty much. I've been looking at Joes for a while. The recent anniversary figures are largely reissues and repaints. There's a few exceptions, but the line is pretty much dead. Getting into them seems like a pretty limited commitment. Especially in comparison to stuff like Marvel Legends, and the NECA Predator / Aliens line where new product is constantly coming out. You can grab the Joes you want and be done with it. I honestly expect this to be the status quo until Hasbro gets their Cinematic Universe off the ground.

The Marauder figures are pretty awesome looking. I keep going back and forth about them as well. They're all so detailed and well thought out. Definitely a logical next step in what GI Joe could have become, had GI Joe: Retaliation not buried the line.

GI Joe as a regular toy store release is pretty much dead, Hasbro has pretty much admitted that only old school fans and collectors buy GI Joes anymore, so stores like Target and Walmart don't really want em. They still have been putting out new released each year but last two years they were Toys R Us and Big Bad Toy Store exclusives, targeting the collectors market. Last year's run was pretty limited, TRU and BBTS sold out of most of it, BBTS is sitting on a few cases for sale, but no one wants that since it's 2 figure packs only so why buy a case with 8?

Next month is JoeCon, fans are hoping to hear if there will be any sets released this year.

Pretty much. I've been looking at Joes for a while. The recent anniversary figures are largely reissues and repaints. There's a few exceptions, but the line is pretty much dead. Getting into them seems like a pretty limited commitment. Especially in comparison to stuff like Marvel Legends, and the NECA Predator / Aliens line where new product is constantly coming out. You can grab the Joes you want and be done with it. I honestly expect this to be the status quo until Hasbro gets their Cinematic Universe off the ground.

GI Joe is also not getting a presence as Hascon, hence them allowing the stand alone JoeCon to continue. Once they figure out how to get the movies back on track, we assume Hasbro is gonna shut down the collectors club's license and bring back GI Joe in force along with having it as part of Hascon.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
are we crossing over into Bizarro AFG

where Haloid is nice and I'm telling Messi to stop buying Joker figures

Just thought I'd pop in here and show off my Bandai figure kit collection. Some of them are pretty clean (just thrown together) but I do have fun painting and weathering them also. The Shadow Trooper in the back was just a regular Stormtrooper but sprayed gloss black with a spray can and then added a few silver highlights. I'm planning to do some more clones with custom paint jobs, and got a couple of Boba Fetts, one of which will be my own Mandalorian creation!

Q6ANGBlcTPiOOhKKO6TO_gVY6ky2O6wS-1muHOPP3IH6TfwdH_0NnFXAPdqv1weBsSQ9Y9fEhgqM_ls4V6fVkLQyBpT-RbYOmXWrKzJjB8d9vm5KY7Xe6Dr6Ei2Z_iDWGJB_matKvrhee1TOuWnzIE8NzuCDa7eeJK6MTFsUb142X3Nu081rHc9eJYoBg9BElGB1mpK94Hdbdp_cc8D9WcVVk0T8w6sNhtCctKhbNmhCbrmQnBWOHlwCb0zue5YBTYHg0zJHRLEQgump2eT3YiON_FAjtVLe_fsfn9f2ezMDBUyRr7OrRQWfXyK5zzaMxzse-SBZMaJZXrcLTq51Px_RXLKgEbunuBcKaKdMMQKX9IjDHEL7_om2ED7_DfnXG2PsAjV_cXOiO2-o5VkGWURGL-sTC4ZXKfdmkTpV_Y6kVzTuhchUS_NHEKMy7bEgya5o3sq_uvJxihATjt9yZOTb2XGcG8wjOhY6IAnl2ywV4z15acHgsb4Pjw5-wD8h4pOuj4N8xl6jRfYqDaSSodg98XnS1OH3xDLdf2Low0e0Li_11kiNR18gWRQcmJgIuS7eX0KYZ__BXvEpDLEQc6E2mzmpF-gARONw9aIK29_VEvWuPOfpaQ=w1689-h950-no

Boke1879

Just thought I'd pop in here and show off my Bandai figure kit collection. Some of them are pretty clean (just thrown together) but I do have fun painting and weathering them also. The Shadow Trooper in the back was just a regular Stormtrooper but sprayed gloss black with a spray can and then added a few silver highlights. I'm planning to do some more clones with custom paint jobs, and got a couple of Boba Fetts, one of which will be my own Mandalorian creation!

Q6ANGBlcTPiOOhKKO6TO_gVY6ky2O6wS-1muHOPP3IH6TfwdH_0NnFXAPdqv1weBsSQ9Y9fEhgqM_ls4V6fVkLQyBpT-RbYOmXWrKzJjB8d9vm5KY7Xe6Dr6Ei2Z_iDWGJB_matKvrhee1TOuWnzIE8NzuCDa7eeJK6MTFsUb142X3Nu081rHc9eJYoBg9BElGB1mpK94Hdbdp_cc8D9WcVVk0T8w6sNhtCctKhbNmhCbrmQnBWOHlwCb0zue5YBTYHg0zJHRLEQgump2eT3YiON_FAjtVLe_fsfn9f2ezMDBUyRr7OrRQWfXyK5zzaMxzse-SBZMaJZXrcLTq51Px_RXLKgEbunuBcKaKdMMQKX9IjDHEL7_om2ED7_DfnXG2PsAjV_cXOiO2-o5VkGWURGL-sTC4ZXKfdmkTpV_Y6kVzTuhchUS_NHEKMy7bEgya5o3sq_uvJxihATjt9yZOTb2XGcG8wjOhY6IAnl2ywV4z15acHgsb4Pjw5-wD8h4pOuj4N8xl6jRfYqDaSSodg98XnS1OH3xDLdf2Low0e0Li_11kiNR18gWRQcmJgIuS7eX0KYZ__BXvEpDLEQc6E2mzmpF-gARONw9aIK29_VEvWuPOfpaQ=w1689-h950-no

These look great

GI Joe is also not getting a presence as Hascon, hence them allowing the stand alone JoeCon to continue. Once they figure out how to get the movies back on track, we assume Hasbro is gonna shut down the collectors club's license and bring back GI Joe in force along with having it as part of Hascon.

I wonder if they'll "reboot" the line with 6" Marvel Legends style figures. Keep the old scale going, but introduce the larger scale to appeal to modern collector sensibility. Only produce the most popular figures, like Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow, while the existing scale is used for stuff like Raptor or Cross Country figures.

I wonder if they'll "reboot" the line with 6" Marvel Legends style figures. Keep the old scale going, but introduce the larger scale to appeal to modern collector sensibility. Only produce the most popular figures, like Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow, while the existing scale is used for stuff like Raptor or Cross Country figures.

Most joe collectors actually hate the idea of 6" because they have so much invested in the smaller stuff. I think 6" joes would be amazing

Yea there was rumors while back of Hasbro doing the Black Series style figures for GI Joe, it had a huge mixed reaction. Personally I think it would be amazing way to reboot interest, but yea problem is alot of the hardcore collector crowed are stuck in the mindset of GI Joe's should be 3.75" figures only... which is stupid. The new figures they put out are pretty impressive for that size, they have engineered a ton of articulation into the figs, but they are at the limits of what can be done at that scale. It's only fans buying and it's fans that revived the toy line during the 25th anniversary release which modernized the classic figures.

Frankly they should say screw it to the old collectors and go for the deluxe 6" line to see what happens. They have kinda done as much as they can with the 3.75 line, and even some of their best stuff just didn't sell because GI Joe just isn't popular anymore, they need to branch out and reach out to the more deluxe toy collector and ignore their dwindling fanbase. Most of their old fans are annoying sticks in the mud anyways who whine whenever a character is redesigned or some stupid little change. You can't please em all no matter what. But really I think Hasbro might be bringing to an end doing anymore small scale classic figures, the line has gotten smaller every year and last years run was very limited (hence it sold out and is being sold for almost twice the price now), I think GI Joe is gonna be going on hiatus for a couple years.

They got not much to lose, they should go for a 6" deluxe line and see how the public reacts.

Top Bottom