• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If I can. I don't pay scalper prices for anything.

Was thinking the other day, why hasn't Bandai made Tekken Figuarts? I mean they own the license, and I'd do anything for a good Kazuya or King figure. In fact there's a bunch of characters I'd buy in a heartbeat.

$200 for eight figures ain't bad, that's only $25 a figure and you get a ton of stuff.

Also that NECA Superman looks great, definitely getting that. Be good to finally have a decent Superman in my collection.

SeanC

200 bucks for that set is great, but I have one gripe and that's no alt heads. Love those turtle communicators, though.

Plus I just finished the Figuarts set so I guess I'm good.

NEO0MJ

Was thinking the other day, why hasn't Bandai made Tekken Figuarts? I mean they own the license, and I'd do anything for a good Kazuya or King figure. In fact there's a bunch of characters I'd buy in a heartbeat.

The same can be said about a lot of fighting games. For some reason it seems that only statue makers go to those publishers.

hey haloid,
are you still looking for medcom EVA units?
i respected member on Macross is selling his units.

01 sold for 440 + shipping

still avail
02 sealed 220 + shipping

and EVA-13 400 +shipping
description of 13:
"EVA-13 Removed from package for inspection, no scratches, no splits or cracks in rubber, joints are nice and tight. $400 + shipping"

Where's KDash? I need to see what WW merch he's getting.
Oh, hey, someone remembered me. :O

I keep meaning to pick up some of the DC Comics Multiverse 6-inch figures from Mattel for the movie, but I haven't gotten around to it. There's six figures so far: Diana of Themyscira, Wonder Woman (cloaked), Queen Hippolyta, Steve Trevor, and the Toys "R" Us exclusive Menalippe and regular Wonder Woman. They each includes part for the
Ares
Collect & Connect figure, which seems pretty cool.

There's also a 12-inch figure which I hear is pretty good.
PjSpZLv.jpg
Aside from those, I'm not sure if I'll pick up anything else. The dolls seem cool. Maybe I'll pick up a Pop! or two eventually. Kinda want the Funko Rock Candy figures, too, which can keep my TV Supergirl one company.

Holy shit how did I miss this. Absolutely in. What an awesome looking statue of Harley. Can never have enough classic Harley statues. I am a big fan of ones where she has goggles.

How did you miss it when I posted pics in ComicGAF AND PM'd you asking if you saw it? Have you been sneaking sips from Haloid's bourbon stash?

Purdy

Anyone's AmiAmi order for Link and Zelda ship? It's been over two days since I paid for them.

Ordered from gsc directly and only shipped yesterday, don't know if other distributors have to wait a bit for theirs?

(I got charged two weeks ago lol)

$200 for eight figures ain't bad, that's only $25 a figure and you get a ton of stuff.

Also that NECA Superman looks great, definitely getting that. Be good to finally have a decent Superman in my collection.

They did way back with Tekken3 heh. But yeah SHF Tekken figures would go well with DB and SF!

For now, get Tiger Mask for a quick and dirty King since that's what they based him off!

LiK

Fuck my Vader statue isn't arrived until Monday lame. I will never understand why FedEx does Saturday delivery standard but not UPS.

Actually, UPS announced last week that Ground and another tier is expanding to Saturdays now. Forgot when it starts but that's great news since so many sites use UPS Ground these days.

dangeROSS

No. The recent DC Icons figure is too small and has weird pink eyes. Plus his articulation is kind of problematic. Especially in comparison to import figures. You're probably best waiting for that NECA Superman vs Alien 2 pack. That Superman looks amazing.

Yea I am waiting to see what the Neca Superman turn out like. Kinda funny that Neca may put out a better Superman then DCC or Mattel on their first try. But again we have to wait and see how exactly it turns out. Last I saw it didn't have a standard neutral expression head which seemed like a bummer. And Neca's QC is still hit or miss for me. I really wish their products were built sturdier.

LiK

Not gonna pay for the TP Figmas until a day before the deadline. So tired of them sending payment requests a day after I paid for something else.

LiK

Oh yea, Phoenix Figma arrived from GSC last night. AmiAmi just shipped my normal version. Gonna keep one sealed of course.

NEO0MJ

So this new Chogokin figure seems to be pretty hard to get, sold out on Ami and HLJ. BBTS has for preorder right now if anyone wants one.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN17744&mode=retail

It's not really a new figure, but a reissue with a slight color change and supposedly fixes to issues with the figure. I actually wanted it a few years ago but it was sold out for ages but now that I have the Megazord I don't want it as much, especially with that new price.

Multiverse figures are 16.99 at Target this week and the 12 inch figure is 25.49.

Too bad that didn't extend to the rest of the Multiverse line so I can get some decent prices on those King Shark pieces.

Oh? Gonna have to ask my younger brother, who works at Target, about those. Thanks.

I can't find any of the King Shark figures besides the occasional Hawkman and Joker at Walmart. I didn't pick up Joker yet, though, just Hawkman when I first saw him.

Your memory is messing with you.

Definitely not. Playmates made a series of STORAGE SHELL TURTLES! Their shells flipped open and you could store all their accessories in there! So convenient! So innovative! Playmates truly made Turtles that we're ahead of their time.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yea I am waiting to see what the Neca Superman turn out like. Kinda funny that Neca may put out a better Superman then DCC or Mattel on their first try. But again we have to wait and see how exactly it turns out. Last I saw it didn't have a standard neutral expression head which seemed like a bummer. And Neca's QC is still hit or miss for me. I really wish their products were built sturdier.

They did that Superman vs. Muhammad Ali set.
And Christopher Reeve Superman at both 1/10 and 1/4 scales.

Anyone else know where I can preorder that new Yamaguchi Wolverine? Taking into account I need it shipped to the UK.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-235928

Or Nippon Yasan but they have sold out currently - check back on release + there is likely a re-issue just like Spidey and Venom happening (a lot of Revoltech get re-issued quickly).

I've gone with CDJ. Love 'em to bits. Random with the customs but other than that they are in my top 2.

Top Bottom