• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

SuperSah

Banned
Why would you use EMS in the UK that's guaranteed customs charges, I use Air Small Packet and usually avoid customs charges.

1-2 weeks is a fairly long waiting time, but then again given the unpredictability of customs, EMS isn't really guaranteed to make it to me much faster.

I'll try it next time I guess.

LiK

1-2 weeks is a fairly long waiting time, but then again given the unpredictability of customs, EMS isn't really guaranteed to make it to me much faster.

I'll try it next time I guess.

Yea, you're paying double for speed that isn't guaranteed. Registered small packet is good.

SuperSah

Banned
Yea, you're paying double for speed that isn't guaranteed. Registered small packet is good.

Thanks, will bear it in mind the next time! This is my second ever parcel to come directly from outside the UK rather than a reseller who does all this stuff on their end.

Will try an alternative method next time :)

jackdoe

Wow, was browsing sideshowfreaks and found out that the Wonder Woman BvS Hot Toys actually turned out pretty well:

UuuPP8o.png

qXTiMYF.png

XL-Shop's Facebook page has more. Seriously considering buying her now that I know her solo movie isn't crap, even with the very likely terrible articulation.

I really want this one too, but I'm being a bit stingy with the money.

Definitely going to be looking into a Hot Toy WW soon though.

yeah, the prices are out of hand at the moment. i had to overpay =/
it was initially the same price as the gx-72 megazord coming out, about 267 shipped. but now almost double ($400 shipped)

LiK

Wow, was browsing sideshowfreaks and found out that the Wonder Woman BvS Hot Toys actually turned out pretty well:

XL-Shop's Facebook page has more. Seriously considering buying her now that I know her solo movie isn't crap, even with the very likely terrible articulation.

Phew, I still have her preordered from BBTS. She presold out when he WW movie hype was going up.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got my May AmiAmi order in today! First time in a while I've actually gotten my monthly order that month because figure delays.

Been waiting forever for figma Phoenix, and he doesn't disappoint at all! I'm kinda bummed I missed the GSC face, but what's done is done. He's everything I hoped he would be--and more! Especially because he comes with both English and Japanese shouting bubbles!

Also got a really cheap preowned Dangan-Go, which is a weird car mech thing from Basquash! because I love weird stuff. It's a really fun design, and I love that it comes in crazy cool shoebox packaging. The alternate hands and shoes are a bit too hard to put on, but all in all it's a really fun toy.

Meta Knight is also awesome but I'm too tired to take pics at the moment

Saw Figuarts is also doing Mickey, Donald and Goofy (pics floating around on Instagram) for Kingdom Hearts. I feel it's been ages since someone has actually done both the square and Disney characters. Fuck. Wasn't planning on getting these but that's how the hobby goes these days. A lot of shit I never planned is in my collection now.

not only are we getting Figuarts Sora from KHII but also Black Robe Mickey, Donald and Goofy... this is incredible.

Excellent! Really looking forward to them.

Have DX Link and Zelda on the way but doubt I'll open them. Not even a big Zelda fan but the figures looked good so eh.

But! GSC Midoriya is on the way which I'm excited to open! Plus Ultra!

Oh damn! SHF Shenron is up for preorder. Didn't realise it was even getting a release in October!

Yarbskoo

Lot of people getting cool stuff today!

I hope you like poorly lit pictures of action figures in silly poses, because I have a shipment with three more coming in soon.

I'm kinda bummed I missed the GSC face, but what's done is done.

Man, I need that Feenie figma but I'm bitter about missing the GSC window. I really don't like having "incomplete" stuff.

Good Smile Shop exclusive parts are total bullshit.

Think I'm gonna have to get out of the game for a bit. Pay raise at work wasn't what I expected, so I'm in savings mode for probably quite a while. Gotta live vicariously through all of you now!

LiK

Wow, I'm ordering the exclusive Ulala from GSC and they added SAL Small Packet as a shipping option. Too bad it's only 500yen cheaper than EMS so I'll pick EMS anyway. This is def better for the larger figures tho.

NEO0MJ

like the rotation!

hey actionGAF,

hlj just started their 20th anniversary sale:
https://hlj.com/anniversary-2017

might find a few deals,
good hunting!

Have to admit, I've always been interested in picking up Riobot Anubis. Not sure if I'll buy him but thanks for the heads up!

Think I'm gonna have to get out of the game for a bit. Pay raise at work wasn't what I expected, so I'm in savings mode for probably quite a while. Gotta live vicariously through all of you now!

You...you can exercise restraint?

NEO0MJ

I just haven't had to for quite a while lol but yes. I'm not Messi.

Heh, you guys never get bored of that joke.

While I can't take fancy photos right now, I feel so compelled to share this. Seeing them together brings such a smile to my face. This sight was a holy grail for me.

35036351545_07325f094f_o.jpg

- J - D -

I hope you like poorly lit pictures of action figures in silly poses, because I have a shipment with three more coming in soon.

Poorly lit? Nah. Silly poses? Yep! Fits the character. I like 'em!

Heh, you guys never get bored of that joke.

While I can't take fancy photos right now, I feel so compelled to share this. Seeing them together brings such a smile to my face. This sight was a holy grail for me.

35036351545_07325f094f_o.jpg

They do look great together!

Artanisix

It's only 7" tall, so it's super pricey for the size, but Inio Asano merch outside of Japan isn't usually easy to get.

It looks great, really. My problem with anime statues is they end up being really tacky looking with lame bases most of the time, but this looks fabulous. Have you taken any static pictures that you'd like to share?

- J - D -

Got my first Monsterarts figure, and it's the 1995 Godzilla. I know a lot of folks recommended the GMK Godzilla, and while I will eventually get that, my heart lies with the Heisei era because that was my Godzilla growing up.

I love it so much. Very poseable and the sculpt is just gorgeous. I decided that since there aren't really any decent painted buildings in Monsterarts scale I just found some papercraft templates and printed them out until I get into making my own sculpted buildings someday.

Just a couple pics.

Now I'm deciding between the 2000 or GMK as my next Monsterarts.

Alright Gaf i need an opinion as im super close to buying the SH Figuarts Ninja Turtles as a huge fan of the original cartoon i have been wanting high quality figures of them for a while now my question is how would you rate the figures as a complete set.

Yarbskoo

I love it so much. Very poseable and the sculpt is just gorgeous. I decided that since there aren't really any decent painted buildings in Monsterarts scale I just found some papercraft templates and printed them out until I get into making my own sculpted buildings someday.

Those look great. The papercraft buildings really make it work.

I wish more figures came with set props. That's one thing I really appreciate about figma Phoenix.

Top Bottom