• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
HIYIYIYIYIYIYAAAAAAAAAA

5Z1BgVr.jpg
ddGRP3s.jpg
FIhBJf7.jpg

wSJWftL.jpg
kWSSO4D.jpg
SofefK7.jpg

Alright Gaf i need an opinion as im super close to buying the SH Figuarts Ninja Turtles as a huge fan of the original cartoon i have been wanting high quality figures of them for a while now my question is how would you rate the figures as a complete set.

Buy all the Figuarts Turtles. All of them. Easily the best Classic Turtles ever made, especially with Figuarts Shredder being announced!

y0HxHzm.jpg

- J - D -

Those look great. The papercraft buildings really make it work.

I wish more figures came with set props. That's one thing I really appreciate about figma Phoenix.

Yeah set props are great. I've always thought that more figures should come with diorama pieces.

is revoltech venom as much of a posing nightmare as he looks?

Yeah. Joints came loose on mine really quickly, and I broke a peg on a stand trying to put it into his back. Without a stand or two he has very limited posing due to the bulk and weight.

The joint thing sounds like a Revoltech issue itself though. Happened to my Spidey as well so his arm comes out way too easily now, and I feel something similar with my TMNT Leo but I haven't used it enough to find out (sort of don't want to at this point). So I assume Wolverine and Spider Gwen are gonna have the exact same problems too!

Baby Groot was my first Hot Toy I pre ordered also

Same. The thing about Hot Toys for me is that I get interested in one but then find out all these negatives when I read reviews. Like with the HT Xenomorph, it has a very limited range of articulation, and the instructions specifically say not to leave it in the same pose for long periods due to the material it's made from. WUT?

LiK

HT and Sideshow stuff seems to move fast on that site. But they probably don't get many in since they're such high-ticket items.

Maybe they lowered the amount they order now. They used to have them for a very long time and sometimes even put them on clearance. I've been canceling a bunch of them before they're shipped so they probably have extra inventory as a result as well. SS usually still has them in stock cuz most people probably don't like the NRD.

Maybe they lowered the amount they order now. They used to have them for a very long time and sometimes even put them on clearance. I've been canceling a bunch of them before they're shipped so they probably have extra inventory as a result as well. SS usually still has them in stock cuz most people probably don't like the NRD.

Oh, so it's your fault, then. :3

Wow! How many of those have you opened? Just one?
the boxes come unsealed so i have opened them all. (macross collectors don't care much about sealed vs.displayed (difference between sealed, new/displayed is about 20-50 bucks)
i have about 2 of that variant on display hanging around my ps4 and coffee table along with the other valks. (i'll post a few in a few weeks, i'm waiting for one more piece in the mail)

the story behind the hoarding....
Yamato, the makers of that vf-1 mold, went out of business a few years ago so each valk that were normally 75-100 on hlj and amiami jumped to 300-1000 instantly. so everyone raced and grabbed them up. (i had a contact in Japan who would feed me these things constantly)
though a new company brought up the molds from yamato, Arcadia after buying the molds announced they will no longer produced certain colors. Yamato produced the VF-1's in 2 shades of white: TV anime white (bright white) and Macross movie off-white (greyish white tone).

scene from anime TV white:
z8cOMmYl.png

from the movie off-white:
vGucFxql.png

toy comparison:
sWDTKiz.png

Arcadia announced they will no longer offer movie off- white but make everything bright tv white. Being a huge fan, once they made that announcement, i grabbed a pile of movie off white Roy Focker VF-1S' when they were cheap.

I have a bad feeling that by including the WW movie Godkiller sword and shield with that Diana figure, Hot Toys will use this as an excuse to not put out a complete WW movie figure in the costume. You'll have to buy the BVS WW and this Diana figure for the sword and shield if you want that. Or they'll make it a Toy Fairs exclusive. :/

LiK

Damn, the HT WW Training Armor is going for $235. Another increase for a female figure. I'll preorder for now.

Release won't be for another year.

- J - D -

the boxes come unsealed so i have opened them all. (macross collectors don't care much about sealed vs.displayed (difference between sealed, new/displayed is about 20-50 bucks)
i have about 2 of that variant on display hanging around my ps4 and coffee table along with the other valks. (i'll post a few in a few weeks, i'm waiting for one more piece in the mail)

the story behind the hoarding....
Yamato, the makers of that vf-1 mold, went out of business a few years ago so each valk that were normally 75-100 on hlj and amiami jumped to 300-1000 instantly. so everyone raced and grabbed them up. (i had a contact in Japan who would feed me these things constantly)
though a new company brought up the molds from yamato, Arcadia after buying the molds announced they will no longer produced certain colors. Yamato produced the VF-1's in 2 shades of white: TV anime white (bright white) and Macross movie off-white (greyish white tone).

Arcadia announced they will no longer offer movie off- white but make everything bright tv white. Being a huge fan, once they made that announcement, i grabbed a pile of movie off white Roy Focker VF-1S' when they were cheap.

Well your return of investment will be pretty good in time, looks like.

Mezco Wonder Woman.

An improvement. Looks the best out of the trinity of Mezco DCEU figures.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Damn, all the GotG Vol 2 Hot Toys on BBTS are presold out. Oh well.

They're probably just holding some to scalp later.
They have the regular Mezco Punisher in stock for $130. I've never seen a so-called retailer scalp anything that hard.

Top Bottom