• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Rootbeer

Banned
Mezco Wonder Woman.
Will be mine :) pre-orders are on Monday it seems.
took your advice diggeh bought a full set for $200 cant wait to get them :)
Welcome to the figuarts turtles club. I have all four and all four of the revoltech ones, and I love both in their own way. revoltech you can get some incredibly dynamic poses but the joints look weird at some angles. I do really love the Nick designs though, and the revo figures capture it very well!

I really want that NECA Turtles set coming to SDCC... with that trifecta hopefully i'll have my 1:12 turtles needs satiated forever... here's hoping

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I GOT A 10 DAY NOTICE FOR MEZCO SPACE GHOST FROM BBTS

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING
I don't believe it

took your advice diggeh bought a full set for $200 cant wait to get them :)

Aw yeah! Enjoy the best Turtles figures ever, Gaia!

Well your return of investment will be pretty good in time, looks like.

thanks J - D - =) definitely has, the last 3 weeks, i was able to sell 3k worth of macross valks that i originally paid about 1k so it paid off. going to use that disposable income for some retro games figures and the newest valks. if you ever plan a macross valk, pm me and i'll let you know what it's worth.

- J - D -

thanks J - D - =) definitely has, the last 3 weeks, i was able to sell 3k worth of macross valks that i originally paid about 1k so it paid off. going to use that disposable income for some retro games figures and the newest valks. if you ever plan a macross valk, pm me and i'll let you know what it's worth.

Don't tempt me, David! I'm already on a slippery slope!

But I'm glad you're making bank on your old stuff. :)

DemiMatt

Thats the first decent looking legends figure ive seen.

I was thinking of getting into Legends, the past 2 X Men waves have looked awesome as well as the Spider Man wave with the Shocker. I usually just stick to Hot Toys but I kind of want to diversify . . .

I've been cleaning out the closet and found a ton of old figures that I really don't want to keep around. These are mostly small collectibles, gashapon etc from my student years.

Gashapon:
Tina
Lei-Fang
Kasumi
Baiken
Dizzy (repainted into 1P colours)
Jam
Natsu
Kasumi Todo
Ibuki
Chun-Li
Elena
Juli
Jedah
Hsien-Ko
Mei-Ling
Felicia
(and a selection of unopened Capcom girls gashapon, Sakura, schoolgirl Lilith etc)

Slightly bigger:
Kilik (SC3)
Taki (SC3, missing one weapon)
Tira (SC3)
Voldo (SC3)
Ivy (SC2)
Nightmare (SC2)
Astaroth (SC2)
Voldo (SC2)
Tifa (these five are from the FF7 Extra Knights series)
Aeris
Cloud
Sephiroth
Vincent

Bigger figures:
Haohmaru (SS64)
Hanzo (SS64, missing sword)
Shiki (SS64, missing stand)
Iroha
Iori
Avdol + Magician's Red (all Jojo figures are from the old series with two figures in a set)
Polnareff + Silver Chariot
Jotaro + Star Platinum (recolour)
Dio + The World (recolour)
also loose Petshop, Midler's stand and that bug thing

I would sell them for very cheap if someone wants them. Please note that shipping is from Sweden, but only the bigger figures really have any bulk to them.

Edit: Also, the tauren and undead sorcerer from the early WoW series (SOTA?), plus the Judgment paladin from a later series. But these are rather big.

- J - D -

Looks like the Figuarts Bale Batman is out now. Was kinda interested in it but something about the final product strikes me as...off? I'm looking at it and while I wasn't expecting Hot Toys quality in 1/12th scale, something's definitely amiss.

Any experts in this particular batsuit see what's wrong here?

big photo gallery: http://news.toyark.com/2017/05/19/s-h-figuarts-dark-knight-batman-early-hand-first-look-253148

video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSKcgYNKj0&t=195s

SHF-TDK-Batman-006.jpg
SHF-TDK-Batman-020.jpg

Yarbskoo

Three figures in. My wallet weeps.
RP0S3q9.png
jAmYz1i.png

Mafex Rey doesn't look much like Daisy Ridley, but does have some beautifully painted accessories.

Speaking of accessories, figma Link also has some incredibly well painted gear. The ball at the end of the chain is surprisingly heavy.

figma Zelda is much lighter on accessories, but her dress has some nice detail using both metallic and pearlescent paint in places. I do kind of wish the face looked more like the in-game model though.

kunonabi

My Zelda and link arrived today. Very happy with how they turned out for the most part. Just waiting on anakin and padme now. Im hitting up akon this week so im hoping to track down more of the older figmas i want.

Yarbskoo

I got the Link and Zelda in the mail yesterday. I passed on Rey but I really want her!

Great pictures

Thanks!

From a certain point of view, you actually can see the Ridley resemblance. It's just not as strong as it probably should be.
c292qpZ.png

Still better than whatever Hasbro's been shitting out though.

For those interested, it looks like Justice League figures will hit stores in early August: https://jointheleague.dccomics.com/post/justice-league-wonder-woman-mattel-action-figure-video-short
First Look at the Justice League Mattel Action Figure—In Action! said:
How does the Mattel Wonder Woman action figure measure up to the real deal? You decide as the mini Wonder Woman comes to life in this short video. Justice League action figures are in stores August 12th!
Sooner than I expected. I was thinking mid/late September at earliest for Justice League toys and merchandise to start popping up. Awesome.
Justice League movie Wonder Woman basic figure from Mattel said:
This appears to be from the basic figure line, and the detail and articulation is much improved over the one for Batman v Superman...
Batman v Superman Wonder Woman basic figure from Mattel said:

Rootbeer

Banned
Uh oh

I loved gal gadot's Wonder Woman

UH OHHHHHHHHH
Get the Mezco One:12

Unless you are a 1:6 collector. Then you know what to do.
Thats the first decent looking legends figure ive seen.
They moved to a new process for detailing the faces. It's a lot closer to what import companies use now. It is really paying off. We should see much nicer faces from their 6" figures in the future as a result. Both for Marvel Legends and Star Wars.

ash321

First time here, Transformers is also count as action figure right ?
Time to show off my collection
VrdYxBc.jpg

Table toy
UpocsI5.jpg

Seeker

6MGKJ3k.jpg

the best two in my collection

Eh7yprp.jpg

and a shittton of stuff doesn't have time to put on a shelf yet.

Random Kamen rider
7J3y97C.jpg

Muchacho

I've been cleaning out the closet and found a ton of old figures that I really don't want to keep around. These are mostly small collectibles, gashapon etc from my student years.

Gashapon:
Tina
Lei-Fang
Kasumi
Baiken
Dizzy (repainted into 1P colours)
Jam
Natsu
Kasumi Todo
Ibuki
Chun-Li
Elena
Juli
Jedah
Hsien-Ko
Mei-Ling
Felicia
(and a selection of unopened Capcom girls gashapon, Sakura, schoolgirl Lilith etc)

Slightly bigger:
Kilik (SC3)
Taki (SC3, missing one weapon)
Tira (SC3)
Voldo (SC3)
Ivy (SC2)
Nightmare (SC2)
Astaroth (SC2)
Voldo (SC2)
Tifa (these five are from the FF7 Extra Knights series)
Aeris
Cloud
Sephiroth
Vincent

Bigger figures:
Haohmaru (SS64)
Hanzo (SS64, missing sword)
Shiki (SS64, missing stand)
Iroha
Iori
Avdol + Magician's Red (all Jojo figures are from the old series with two figures in a set)
Polnareff + Silver Chariot
Jotaro + Star Platinum (recolour)
Dio + The World (recolour)
also loose Petshop, Midler's stand and that bug thing

I would sell them for very cheap if someone wants them. Please note that shipping is from Sweden, but only the bigger figures really have any bulk to them.

Edit: Also, the tauren and undead sorcerer from the early WoW series (SOTA?), plus the Judgment paladin from a later series. But these are rather big.

Siegfried that's a nice collection you have there. Do you have any pics of your figures? Especially Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear and Samsho.

Siegfried that's a nice collection you have there. Do you have any pics of your figures? Especially Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear and Samsho.

I packed them away but it's these:

20051206_05_figua08.jpg

and
(but another sword)

attachment.php

Iroha is this one (holy crap she has a ton of figures):
YAM10123.jpg

The gashapon are spoken for, except the DoA ones.

Edit: Oh, and SC2:

s-l1000.jpg

No Necrid or Spawn, and part of the handle of Astaroth's axe is broken off. Also no cardboard backgrounds.

Zombine

Banned
So, I'm sitting on a lot of original marvel figures and whatnot from my childhood, but the last thing I want to do is throw them in the garbage. What should I do with them? Are there any sites for collectors or selling? Craig's list them? Donation? Just trying to wrap my head around this stuff and see to it that it gets a good home.

I also have some of the rare ninja turtles figures like scratch the cat but he has been well loved and played with...

So, I'm sitting on a lot of original marvel figures and whatnot from my childhood, but the last thing I want to do is throw them in the garbage. What should I do with them? Are there any sites for collectors or selling? Craig's list them? Donation? Just trying to wrap my head around this stuff and see to it that it gets a good home.

I also have some of the rare ninja turtles figures like scratch the cat but he has been well loved and played with...

I got an old X-Men Spiral figure when it was the only one of her. Horrible thing. I'm thinking of just dumping it in the trash room and hoping one of the local kids grab it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I have all of the Trek One:12 except the Spock variant from the pilot and they're my favorite toys.

I have their Batman, Green Arrow, and Daredevil and they're all great. Bidding on a Punisher right now as a final hurrah.

Final. Lol, good one.

Are you talking about the old Toy Biz ones? The value on those largely varies from figure to figure. I've seen some of the less interesting ones like Gideon in the local comic shops for under $10.

I have their Batman, Green Arrow, and Daredevil and they're all great. Bidding on a Punisher right now as a final hurrah.

Haloid pls. There is no escape.

NEO0MJ

First time here, Transformers is also count as action figure right ?
Time to show off my collection

Now that we can see it, nice stuff you got there. Surprised you didn't install Carnifex's new head along with the power masters, though.

I started reading Punisher MAX and I want a Punisher figure and I'm bidding on a mezco one and yeah. Old habits die hard.

Didn't even last a week, lol. So much for restraint.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I hope they make figures from Star Trek The Next Generation.

I hope they finish the main cast of TOS first.
The one-sixth line from Quantum Mechanix is never getting Uhura and Mezco hasn't announced Scotty or Uhura.

- J - D -

I hope they finish the main cast of TOS first.
The one-sixth line from Quantum Mechanix is never getting Uhura and Mezco hasn't announced Scotty or Uhura.

Well yeah, naturally I also hope they finish the TOS cast and then move on to TNG. Don't really need figures from DS9 or the later shows. Might take figures from the reboot movies though.

They are awesome. I have about 5 of them now and was skeptical of them before. Get Flash, I feel like he's a figure that'll disappear pretty....fast.

Yeah I'm waiting on the retailer to get back to me about a coupon code that doesn't seem to be working because like lol @ $12 economy shipping. And also I need to get paid because we're moving soon

KingV

They're probably just holding some to scalp later.
They have the regular Mezco Punisher in stock for $130. I've never seen a so-called retailer scalp anything that hard.

Yeah bbts pisses me off with that shit. Mezco is supposedly punishing retailers who sell or advertise below MSRP. They should do the same for retailers who price gouge.

KingV

Action Figure GAF, how is the Mezco One:12 line? Heavily debating pulling the trigger on The Flash

They're really good. I have most of the line, save for Star Trek and a few that I missed along the way. If you want the flash buy him now, they claim to only be doing one production run of each figure.

ash321

Now that we can see it, nice stuff you got there. Surprised you didn't install Carnifex's new head along with the power masters, though.

Didn't even last a week, lol. So much for restraint.
I never watch the Super god masterforce series, lol. I know him through the MTME comics. So I love his one eye look.

Also look at this beast.

His head doesn't look up as much as I would like, and his eyes look weird lol.

KingV

Edit: also is that hot toys Wonder Woman some kind of phicen style seamless body? I thought it was a statue but the pics show it posed.

- J - D -

Also look at this beast.

His head doesn't look up as much as I would like, and his eyes look weird lol.

Wow what a coincidence I actually just got this too. I don't love how hunched he is either, but I freakin love how rough his skin and dorsal spines are.

LiK

Edit: also is that hot toys Wonder Woman some kind of phicen style seamless body? I thought it was a statue but the pics show it posed.

I think so. HT has some seamless figures but posing potential is pretty shit compared to the Phicen bodies. HT seamless limbs are kinda stiff.

- J - D -

I'm all in on Monsterarts, guys. I'm contemplating how much I'll hate myself for paying scalper prices for Biollante and King Kong.

Top Bottom