• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

tracking has me receiving my set of SH Figuarts Ninja turtles tomorrow im super pumped i have heard nothing but amazing things from this line.

What does a Haloid grail statue look like?

200193-darth-vader-mythos-002.jpg

Wanted to get the only one I saw at Celebration but it was way too expensive.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Haloid pls I'm proud that you're treating yo self so much

don't forget about Modular Madness 2017 you need that Green Grocer

Anyone got some good recommendations for displays? I've been looking into getting new shavles/displays, like the Detolf and Billy Bookcase but I want to see if there are some better options that I can look at. I've been kinda leaning towards a Billy, but I don't think they sell the clear glass doors for it anymore? Honestly I think I would prefer something like that for the sake of keeping dust at bay. I got about 2 feet by 5 and a half feet to work with, so any (affordable) suggestions would be much appreciated.

Anyone got some good recommendations for displays? I've been looking into getting new shavles/displays, like the Detolf and Billy Bookcase but I want to see if there are some better options that I can look at. I've been kinda leaning towards a Billy, but I don't think they sell the clear glass doors for it anymore? Honestly I think I would prefer something like that for the sake of keeping dust at bay. I got about 2 feet by 5 and a half feet to work with, so any (affordable) suggestions would be much appreciated.

I’d talk to cabinet makers in your area and see what it would cost for a custom case honestly.

Mmmmm got my statue. This one stays at home cause it's probably my new favorite Star Wars piece that I own. So good. Came out to an obnoxious $680 shipped, average price seems around $900, and the one at Celebration was $1200 and it actually sold. Mythos line was too good I hate that it died so soon. Look at some of these.

Obi doesn't even sell for less than $1200 anymore which is ridiculous. Boba is also ridiculous. Would love to own both but never gonna happen.

KingV

I’d talk to cabinet makers in your area and see what it would cost for a custom case honestly.

Did you get custom cabinets made for your figures? I'd be curious to see how they came out. I imagine they are pretty significant more expensive than a couple of detolfs, right?

Did you get custom cabinets made for your figures? I'd be curious to see how they came out. I imagine they are pretty significant more expensive than a couple of detolfs, right?

Well the cabinets I'm using were custom made, yes, but I got them from work when they were cleaning out the warehouse and no one wanted them. The biggest thing for me is I don't have any IKEA stores, so the cost of two detolfs with the shipping costs equaled what I was seeing for custom cabinets. If you actually have a store yeah it probably can't be beat.

Well the cabinets I'm using were custom made, yes, but I got them from work when they were cleaning out the warehouse and no one wanted them. The biggest thing for me is I don't have any IKEA stores, so the cost of two detolfs with the shipping costs equaled what I was seeing for custom cabinets. If you actually have a store yeah it probably can't be beat.

Also depends on what scale you're collecting. Because detolfs will simply not do for Premium Formats, my friend. They are like small humans.

Olengie

Darth Revan Black Series back on Amazon!! Go go. Finally caught the restock. Hopefully I actually get it

Edit: sold out

These came in the mail today and im in love!

HkZVqYvl.jpg

Also just cause i never have here is my non amiibo figure collection

Play arts Kai kingdom hearts collection

LrAU8vfl.jpg

Legacy Power Rangers Collection (tor is the original release)

zKSOq0Al.jpg

I have a bunch of Beast Wars figs but they are all boxed up till i get my new shelves up or i would have posted them also.

Day 1

Really nice figure. Definitely captures the classic Mechagodzilla design. He is a bit plain looking, but that's the design. Not much you can do about that. The extra pieces, such as the Garuda and the stomach cannon add a lot to him. Just a really cool figure. With the upcoming poser version, I was afraid I might be disappointed with this guy. But I'm not. At the end of the day, this is the Mechagodzilla I love from the old movies, delivered about as faithfully as you could ever ask. I think I'm more than content with this guy on my shelf.

After a lot of over-thinking things, I finally took the dive and jumped back into GI Joe. I found myself watching Youtube reviews and visiting GI Joe sites over and over. I figured it was finally time I gave in. I came up with a list of about 2 dozen figures I want, and then I'll be done with it. Just enough for a really cool looking display on top of a CD case. I decided to go with a mixture of anniversary figures and POC figures. Just get what I feel like are the coolest looking versions of my favorite characters. The first batch are Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow, Spirit and Zartan.

Just all classic, favorite characters. The articulation and engineering on these guys is just so far ahead of the vintage figures. It's unbelievable how much articulation and detail Hasbro was able to get into these guys. Spirit is the only updated look I went for, and he has me excited for the Pursuit of Cobra figures I want. Shame this line is pretty much dead. But at least it makes it easy to jump in, grab what I want, and be done with it.

We still get a few every now and then but very sad its mostly dead,
don't know how Hasbro says the market isn't there with the knockoffs all around.
Now you even have very successful Kickstarters filling the Hasbro void

- J - D -

I'm so bummed out. Against my better judgement I went ahead and bought the 3A (ThreeA?) Judge Dredd after comparing it with the Mezco version. It's my first 3A product and...I don't know if I'll continue buying their stuff if they're anything like this figure. It feels fragile and a couple joints are loose. Also, the ankle holster has a tear in it where it connects to the leg. I also worry about the longevity of the suit. I don't wanna leave it in a position where it could crease or stretch the material.

The biggest beef I have is that HE IS tiny.

Mezco Cap is standard Marvel Legends size. 6.5". I didn't think 3A would be closer to Figuarts scale, which is not ideal for me. It's not just height, but proportion. He's pretty skinny.

Day 1

We still get a few every now and then but very sad its mostly dead,
don't know how Hasbro says the market isn't there with the knockoffs all around.
Now you even have very successful Kickstarters filling the Hasbro void

Yeah. I think it goes without saying. But I'm getting that Predator figure. I should direct depositing a portion of my check to NECA. It would make things easier.

I recognize the white figure is a Marauders Gun Runner, but what are the other figures? I'm just asking, for a friend.

They're 1/5? Thought they were 1/4 for some reason. Love the sculpts. Wish they did smaller scale versions.

Premium Formats are 1/4. The Masters of the Universe statue line is 1/5. She-Ra is 20" tall. Really nice, but $450 is a lot. I'd be down for smaller pieces for sure, but polystone doesn't really lend itself to scultping as well in smaller sizes.

If this was years ago when the average PF was $300? I'd be a collector.

Hmmm. that looks really good.

But.

The web "circle" between his eyes is too big. Either that or his eyes are too small.

It's the first thing I noticed upon looking at these pics.
I imagine they're not gonna be able to layer it the way it is on the actual suit since this is 1/6 scale. The eyes are like 1cm long.

Top Bottom