• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

that's some grade-A horse crap =/

Haloid, to make you feel better, i'm pm'img you one of your grails, hopefully you have room for it while apartment searching.

You are amazing I love you. I'm actually thinking about just living at home longer and saving for a house but I'm not sure yet. The raise at work wasn't what I expected. Life is complicated.

jackdoe

Ah, bishoujos. My area of expertise. Which ones have you bought so far?
Oof, I went HAM the last couple of days. So far I've got Black Canary, Batgirl, Huntress, Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, Zatanna, She-Hulk, and Star-Fire. I've purchased Black Widow and Mara Jade from less reliable sources so I'll see if I actually get them or have to PayPal refund them. I'm also working on getting Wonder Woman and Power Girl at reasonable prices. It's addictive as hell collecting these things.

Oof, I went HAM the last couple of days. So far I've got Black Canary, Batgirl, Huntress, Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, Zatanna, She-Hulk, and Star-Fire. I've purchased Black Widow and Mara Jade from less reliable sources so I'll see if I actually get them or have to PayPal refund them. I'm also working on getting Wonder Woman and Power Girl at reasonable prices. It's addictive as hell collecting these things.

Which Wonder Woman? There are two of them. The one with the cape and skirt, and the older one in the OG costume.

I bought Power Girl back when she was readily available. Same with Poison Ivy.

jackdoe

Which Wonder Woman? There are two of them. The one with the cape and skirt, and the older one in the OG costume.

I bought Power Girl back when she was readily available. Same with Poison Ivy.
I'm trying for the cape and skirt one. The prices are more reasonable for it, and I like the head sculpt a lot better than the OG one.

Buying these things after they get out of print has been a challenge.

I'm trying for the cape and skirt one. The prices are more reasonable for it, and I like the head sculpt a lot better than the OG one.

Buying these things after they get out of print has been a challenge.

There is something a little funky about the face on the OG Wonder Woman bishoujo, but overall I think I prefer it to the newer one.

The thing with bishoujos is that they're always in large supply until they're not, so you kind of have to pick up the ones you really want before they disappear.

Got

Banned
picked up this guy but haven't opened him yet. the whole series looks good

9221_product_box_front.png

Olengie

Got these recently.

A stroke of luck I managed to catch Darth Revan Black Series for MSRP on Amazon before it sold out again. Wish they made more Black Series based on Legends figures, like Darth Nihilius.

White Ranger was on Wal-Mart Clearance. Yellow Ranger was there too, but I couldn't decide to pick her up for $10. LOL. I only want the Green Ranger now but that is going to take some extreme luck

Dragonzord was from Ebay for a reasonable price, especially after Ebay's $15 off $75+ Flashsale. I have both the Original Dragonzord and the Black Dragonzord. Haha.

KingV

Yes, they keep dropping bombs on my wallet.

Slightly embarrassed to say that another one just arrived today. >.>

Get ready for three more releases this month. Red skull ships end of month, as does spider man. And comic super man supposedly also.

Edit: and space ghost last week.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That Wolfenstein CE is a bargain. I just don't want figures that scale. Still, a good effort.

Got these recently.

A stroke of luck I managed to catch Darth Revan Black Series for MSRP on Amazon before it sold out again. Wish they made more Black Series based on Legends figures, like Darth Nihilius

Hasbro's distribution is bad on their best day but after huge shipments of Rogue One figures that noone wants it's a long nightmare.
At least a few stores actually ordered some of 40th anniversary wave 1, I guess because of the novel packaging. I don't like that packaging personally but if it means I can actually find what I want then I won't complain.

I expected like $400-500 in shipping which would still have been fine as the overall cost would have still been around retail. Not fucking $840 shipping. I blame Messi.

That's an old scam, though. Amazon sellers do that shit all the time so their listings get better placement. Then they put the rest of the price they really want in with shipping.

LiK

Shipping can be expensive but I have never seen shipping that goes into hundreds of dollars even for Express from FedEx or UPS for something big unless you're shipping internationally and it's heavy as hell.

jackdoe

I expected like $400-500 in shipping which would still have been fine as the overall cost would have still been around retail. Not fucking $840 shipping. I blame Messi.
May as well fly to Japan, go to the Mandarake store in person, buy it and bring it back with you on the flight back.

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6465/figma+Red.html

Well, I was going to wait on Ami until I saw the exclusive... PokeCen Japan will be have it too, but dunno about the NA PokeCen. (Free shipping!)

GSC take the piss with the price for a small exclusive. Actually received my Deku andassume it was gonna be like the Link DX but was just a side add on (guess now I know difference between DX and bonus).

That said, I'm gonna have to suck it up for Pikachu. But GSC are taking the damn piss.

i was looking over at Macross World and a poster was complaining about the same thing the past Sunday(the sales section set to private so only members can view so i'll just quote it below. looks like they were quoted 4600yen for DHL and then given double the amount.

Did something happen at Mandarake? They are charging me 9700 yen to ship a 1/48 super/strike armor set which was selling for 8000 yen.

DHL 9700 yen

EMS 5200 yen

I've had much much larger and heavier boxes delivered by HLJ via Fedex and arrive within 5 days for half that price.

you should contact them to recheck the weight and packaging.

here' is a real time quote from their warehouse store for a 1/48 super/ strike armor.

Condition Unopened with some box damage

Size 366mm x 298mm x 106mm / 1031g

Shipping

SAL Small Packet Not available

SAL postal parcel 3850yen

EMS 4100yen

DHL 4600yen

Replicant

Yeah I meant the Pikachu. Still hoping PokemonCenter will post it today, since they've put up the Nendos (fairy) soon after. Will wait and see...

Oh fuck it, GS Online Shop doesn't want my money:

Available for shipment to Hong Kong, Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Singapore only.

I mean, WTF?! is the point of having an online shop that only ships to certain region?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I mean, WTF?! is the point of having an online shop that only ships to certain region?

Waitn what?? I thought the last post was referring to the Japanese Pokemon Center :/

I tgink that confirms it'll have a western version made. (But I want that Pika...)

Ah, did not see this before. Well, guess Asia can keep the Pikachu then. Normal will do. I may luck out down the road if they still have stock on Pokemon Center over Christmas.

Replicant

Consider using a proxy?

Can't do. It'd see that my address is in Australia during shipping.

I have forwarding service in Japan and US but I'm not sure any of those countries listed on GS shop have a reliable one.

No worries anyway. I already got various form of Pikachu from SH Figurearts and that other company that makes Naruto figurine.

Funny, i messaged the same Mandarake branch in separate duplicate messages asking for a shipping quote and got back 2 different numbers.

850000yen

772000yen

i'm going to try different branch if one ever pop up elsewhere just to confirm..

Top Bottom