• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Fucking hell Mezco Punisher is the best figure I’ve bought all year. Too good.

They'd better do another variant and make more than 20 of them.
They made three Spocks so far and noone even buys that line.

Are those the 1/12 scale figures? Aren't they tiny?

They’re fucking amazing because I actually like posing them unlike HT figures. Seriously I spent like an hour and a half just posing with accessories way too fun. Totally not doing this drunk either.

Man, if they made Star Wars figures, I could switch to one:12. They make such great stuff. PM me the payment info if you could.

You got a kid on the way consider it a baby shower present or whatever. Enjoy!

They’re fucking amazing because I actually like posing them unlike HT figures. Seriously I spent like an hour and a half just posing with accessories way too fun. Totally not doing this drunk either.

You got a kid on the way consider it a baby shower present or whatever. Enjoy!

Haloid, you the man! Thank you so much!

But how tall are they? Are they the same size as like, Figuarts and figma and all that?

Wanderer5

I'm too poor for the Hot Toys version of Spiderman: Homecoming so have to settle for the Nendo instead.

ZkMe8FA.jpg

DAMNNIT!

Slightly taller but similar scale. I’ll post pics tomorrow when my brain works. Seriously though I love the thing. Haven’t had this much fun with a figure since the Mezco TDKR Batman.

Freeza did you see the Joker I posted last week? That's he Mezco one:12 line. They come with fantastic packaging, a 1/12 figure with quality articulation, nicely tailored cloths/armor, and usually lots of accessories and hands and multiple head sculpts. I would say they are the equivalent of Hot Toys in the 1/12 scale. I will also backup what Haloid said and say they are actually fun to play with. Like I said, if they made Star Wars figures and I owned as many as I do of my Hot Toys plus I guess double because one:12 is less than half a HT I would have close to 40 figures and I would be in heaven playing with them.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That's cool, it's just that $80-$100 for a 1/12 is kind of mind-boggling to me.

All of mine were $45-63 (from Forbidden Planet NYC and Entertainment Earth) but the Star Trek line must not be selling.
Their normal range is $70-80 with two (?) at $90 and then that superdeluxe Punisher. One of the other $90 figs was also Punisher.
I feel like they're worth more than the usual Japanese import suspects, especially if you're one of those people who can't do without reasonably fast shipping.

Tracer pre-ordered...this is gonna be very bad for the wallet. Want Hanzo, Genji, Phara, D.Va and Mercy... but by all means take your time to allow the wallet to refresh!

Hot Toys Spidey and the Nendo look really good. I usually don't care for the HT movie stuff, but Spidey is oh so tempting.

Just preordered my first Hot Toy, Spider-Man Homecoming Deluxe version, from sideshowtoy.

Holy crap that estimated arrival time. Waiting is going to be the hardest part...

LiK

Preordered Tracer fig. Finally have a real official OW action figure.

Just preordered my first Hot Toy, Spider-Man Homecoming Deluxe version, from sideshowtoy.

Holy crap that estimated arrival time. Waiting is going to be the hardest part...

Don't be surprised if it gets delayed either.

LiK

Hulkbuster's delays are pretty ridiculous. I guess they must be having some major production issues with it.

WolfStark

But her character wasn't even badass is my point. Legacy wasn't a great comic but people were drawn to the character because barely clothed Twilek Sith not for some great character study (though I do love EU characters so I'm mixed here).

I agree, it sure as hell didn't had anything to do with some character, there wasn't much to begin with but she was pretty much the Darth Maul of the EU (I would say he was even more plain). Regarding the comic, I personally think it's better then everything we got so far since 2013 and most of the stuff before wasn't that good either. But even as a Star Wars Fan I would say the brand barely has any authors or stories woth mentioning of, no matter the media.

Tracer Figma looks awesome. Now to wait for AmiAmi discount.

She doesn't look shabby (in her prototype) but I am still a bit hesistant. I like Tracer, even though she's not my main (it's Mercy) and I am not so sure if the final product will look as good. I am trusting Nendos more then the Figmas. I also think MF/GSC could be less parsimonious (yes I got this word from a translator). Three faces, her guns and the bomb aren't that much of accessories. I wish they would put shooting effects in the box if a figure has guns, it adds a layer of dynamic.

NEO0MJ

Hulkbuster's delays are pretty ridiculous. I guess they must be having some major production issues with it.

Didn't they change it so that a full Iron Man figure can fit inside instead of just a bust? I imagine that it would require a huge overhaul.

DemiMatt

Didn't they change it so that a full Iron Man figure can fit inside instead of just a bust? I imagine that it would require a huge overhaul.

That is what they wanted to do, I don't think its confirmed whether or not they succeeded.

Spider Man is up for PO, got the Deluxe - I just wish they would time these releases so they'd happen around the movies, not a year or years after.

- J - D -

The most pointless bit of extra engineering ever. It already comes with the Iron Man torso and head that sticks out of Hulkbuster. You never see more than that in the movie.

KingV

Look at this shit.

MEZ11085.jpg

That one was $130 though, not $80.

Now it's about $400 after market :-/

Edit: if there's a lot of interest in Mezco figures I have most of them, and can (eventually) post pictures. Unfortunately, most of my figures are boxed up at the moment. I've been working on organizing my office but my wife has other more pressing projects, so I keep putting it off

That one was $130 though, not $80.

Now it's about $400 after market :-/

Edit: if there's a lot of interest in Mezco figures I have most of them, and can (eventually) post pictures. Unfortunately, most of my figures are boxed up at the moment. I've been working on organizing my office but my wife has other more pressing projects, so I keep putting it off

Not $400 more around $250 that’s what they’ve been selling for and how much I paid for mine.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
SPACE GHOST ACTUALLY SHIPPED
a day or so ago but I was too lazy to post it here

it's happening

Thanks a million to FigureGAFs finest Haloid for picking me up the Star Wars Celebration Exclusive Luke Skywalker figure. Now I'm Mr Anti-box and planned to display it with the rest of my Black Series figures but once I saw the super nice packaging with reflective material and cool art on the back, I decided to hang him up for now. I have the regular Luke in packaging hanging up in my sons room so it seemed neat to have our own. Really proud to have it and once again I can't thank you enough.

Rootbeer

Banned
I love them and wish I had more.
My Mezco One:12 Joker arrives Tues. The stand really helps sell it, looks fantastic as a complete package.

He'll be joining my other Mezco One:12, which currently consist of:
Modern Cap
BvS Batman
BvS Armored Batman
BvS Superman
Green Arrow
Shazam
Daredevil

I passed on Flash which I'm not yet regretting... but I might have to pick him up so I can continue building a Justice League.

I have a ton on pre-order too. DC Universe Superman should be next to charge. Pretty excited for him, some neat accessories.

My Mezco One:12 Joker arrives Tues. The stand really helps sell it, looks fantastic as a complete package.

He'll be joining my other Mezco One:12, which currently consist of:
Modern Cap
BvS Batman
BvS Armored Batman
BvS Superman
Green Arrow
Shazam
Daredevil

I passed on Flash which I'm not yet regretting... but I might have to pick him up so I can continue building a Justice League.

I have a ton on pre-order too. DC Universe Superman should be next to charge. Pretty excited for him, some neat accessories.

You canceled Punisher tho. Messed around with him again tonight after reading more Punisher MAX. Lawd it’s too good.

Eklipsis

Thanks a million to FigureGAFs finest Haloid for picking me up the Star Wars Celebration Exclusive Luke Skywalker figure. Now I'm Mr Anti-box and planned to display it with the rest of my Black Series figures but once I saw the super nice packaging with reflective material and cool art on the back, I decided to hang him up for now. I have the regular Luke in packaging hanging up in my sons room so it seemed neat to have our own. Really proud to have it and once again I can't thank you enough.

Not gonna lie those two pics really make me wanna see the rest of the room

KingV

TBH I'm gutted I missed that Green Arrow. Don't want to pay that aftermarket.

TBH, I think it's the worst one. The costume looks great. It his ankles are criminally bad at that price point.

FYI, you can probably still order arsenal which is very similar, but red. I'm planning on passing that one up but... it's an option.

Top Bottom