• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

In my heart Thanos is in the 7-9 foot range. There's been so many interpretations of these bigger guys from different artists over the years that I'm fine with playing loose with their heights.

But if you want to be a stickler about height we all know Thanos is about the height of an average cop. It is known.

6Uhplxn.jpg

Speaking of Marvel Legends :)

10988949_789226974488450_6994681339007476037_o.jpg

That's hilarious. I think I need to build a spider-family now.

omlet

I heard you guys like articulation.
Oh, hello there, Batman!
l6LwhdH.jpg

. . .
Q2B41tw.jpg

Shadows or crime, it matters not!
SiV4b9i.jpg

jw5IoLw.jpg

Be sure to perform regular maintenance.
DxsBVNr.jpg

I am the night!
KKzR7RD.jpg

Aegis, wo-would you please cut that out?
IFnGcEl.jpg
There's no way my little Batman nendoroid can be this cute.

RMI

Banned
I wouldn't mind seeing the classic Final Fantasy 1 or the original Dragon Ball characters in that short chubby style.

I don't like nendos that much but i would buy nendos of final fantasy characters in the style of Theaterhythm. I would buy TOO MANY.
It will never happen.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hey guy's I need your opinion. I mentioned a few pages ago that I was looking for a Alt outfit for the Bank Robber Joker from HT. I found this. I get more than I wanted but wasn't sure if that's a decent deal.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121409332535?nav=SEARCH

I'm new to this part of the hobby so I thought you might let me know what you think.

Hmm, so this comes with the head, body AND clothes? Great deal, I'm tempted if they ship to the UK

Received my HT Shadow Trooper today, what a nightmare. Scuffed helmet, crooked chest plate, and it didn't even come with a fucking pauldron. Not sure what SSC can do for me since it was such a limited figure but this is just ridiculous.

Received my HT Shadow Trooper today, what a nightmare. Scuffed helmet, crooked chest plate, and it didn't even come with a fucking pauldron. Not sure what SSC can do for me since it was such a limited figure but this is just ridiculous.
Sideshow's customer service is impeccable. They'll take care of it, don't worry.

Edit: Oh snap, I read that as Stormtrooper, but Shadow Trooper, that might be tricky...

Rootbeer

Banned

dankir

I really detailed review on the Fantastic Mr. Fox Legacy Collection by Funko

It is a bit of an odd property to do figures on when their other figures are from huge properties like Game of Thrones and Magic: The Gathering. But I really dig these.

http://thefwoosh.com/2015/03/funko-fantastic-mr-fox-legacy-collection

I need Mr. Fox and Ash! I just wish Ash's alternate head was an unmasked head. Having two masked heads kinda sucks.

The-Legacy-Collection--Fantastic-Mr.-Fox-from-Funko.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2igjYFojUo

There's no figure of Ash's cousin? He's the best character in the movie.

Rootbeer

Banned
There's no figure of Ash's cousin? He's the best character in the movie.

Kristofferson!

I had the exact same thought. It feels incomplete having Ash but not him. I'm thinking a Series 2 is unlikely cause these probably won't demolish sales expectations

Got my HT Star Lord today. Outside of the broken clasp on his bag I love the figure, tailoring is fantastic. Sculpt is a tad soft though.

Finally got the 18 inch NECA Gipsy Danger. And I gotta say, this thing is way better in functionality than the NECA Iron Man Mk 7. It's got great articulation and actually holds pretty complex poses without any fuss. This was the biggest problem with the Iron Man figure. The feet are ratcheted, come in two separate sections, and feel solid and reliable. Even with a pose leaning backwards like in the last photo, there's no danger of tipping over. Joints on limbs aren't overly loose or super tight, they're just about right.

The swords that you can attach to the arms are made out of flexible vinyl and don't hold a straight shape, so you'll see some curvature. I don't mind it too much, but I suspect over time gravity will make them droop even more. The hands are molded into fists, so you don't actually have the ability to give him open hand poses. A second set of switchable hands would've been appreciated, but it's no big deal.

The sculpt obviously looks great, since NECA probably just went and used the CGI model files straight from the movie. All the exposed hydraulic and shiny metallic sections on the robot actually do look metallic, which is a great feat, considering they're primarily vinyl.

The most problematic aspect of the figure is probably the weathered look they gave it. NECA did not go and make a clean, fresh-from-the-factory representation of Gipsy Danger. Instead, they wanted to make it look mildly weathered and dirtied up, from years of fighting Kaiju. While that's admirable, the result is not exactly all that convincing when you lean in and pay close attention. A lot of the scuffs and scrap marks look like some careless Chinese factory worker just haphazardly slapped them on with a paint pen, which is probably exactly what happened. It's not something noticeably lackluster at a distance, but the effect just doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased, considering I picked it up on clearance for about 70 bucks. This is absolutely the best version of Gipsy Danger to get and the articulation is excellent considering the sheer size of the thing. I can't wait to see how many different battle poses this thing can put on.

robochimp

I really detailed review on the Fantastic Mr. Fox Legacy Collection by Funko

It is a bit of an odd property to do figures on when their other figures are from huge properties like Game of Thrones and Magic: The Gathering. But I really dig these.

http://thefwoosh.com/2015/03/funko-fantastic-mr-fox-legacy-collection

I need Mr. Fox and Ash! I just wish Ash's alternate head was an unmasked head. Having two masked heads kinda sucks.

The-Legacy-Collection--Fantastic-Mr.-Fox-from-Funko.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2igjYFojUo

Awesome, I didn't even know these existed, just ordered Ash.

Ever since the 2015 New York Toy show, I've been looking for this to go up for preorder. Finally found it over at Dorksidetoys. It's selling for $44.99, not to bad for this, epsecially if you didn't want to pay the price for the Takara MP-22 Masterpiece Ultra Magnus.

Link to preorder

HAST89456-2.jpg

Can't wait to get mine and review it.

Top Bottom