• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dankir

lBIZSc6.jpg

Latest arrivals! Should finally be getting my Captain America/ Steve Rogers set this week and construction Iron Man and Arc Reactor Tony shortly after.

Savitar

Ever since the 2015 New York Toy show, I've been looking for this to go up for preorder. Finally found it over at Dorksidetoys. It's selling for $44.99, not to bad for this, epsecially if you didn't want to pay the price for the Takara MP-22 Masterpiece Ultra Magnus.

Link to preorder

HAST89456-2.jpg

Can't wait to get mine and review it.

Really looks damn nice.

There's another one coming out that's basically the comic book version too isn't there? Or is this it.

Rootbeer

Banned
The Hobbit figures are also really cheap now, they've been clearanced to hell and back.

I own the 6" figures and really like them. Too bad they didn't catch on.

Still hate myself for missing out on all the Toybiz Lord of the Rings figures from the early 2000s. Those were really great figures for their time.

I guess what I'm saying is

Toybiz... I miss you. Please resurrect yourself from the dead.

Marvel should have invested in keeping them around, now with marvel studios devouring the entire world they could have the toy market in the palm of their hands.

JustinSane

Neo Member
The Hobbit figures are also really cheap now, they've been clearanced to hell and back.

I own the 6" figures and really like them. Too bad they didn't catch on.

Still hate myself for missing out on all the Toybiz Lord of the Rings figures from the early 2000s. Those were really great figures for their time.

I guess what I'm saying is

Toybiz... I miss you. Please resurrect yourself from the dead.

Marvel should have invested in keeping them around, now with marvel studios devouring the entire world they could have the toy market in the palm of their hands.

There and Back Again. Tee Hee.

Rootbeer

Banned
Bit late, but anywhere cheap still have the Revoltech TMNT figures?

Chinese bootlegs are showing up now. :p

Glad I got mine (pre-ordered on amiami.com back when you still could)

I haven't heard of any restocks in many weeks... aftermarket could be the only way now.

I know your pain... I've always wanted to own a set of the NECA turtles but now all I can find are bootlegs unless I want to spend over $100 per figure (note they retailed for under $20, probably closer to $15)

I haven't heard of any restocks in many weeks... aftermarket could be the only way now.

I know your pain... I've always wanted to own a set of the NECA turtles but now all I can find are bootlegs unless I want to spend over $100 per figure (note they retailed for under $20, probably closer to $15)

Found them somewhere for around $52 so will probably (I will) jump on it.

Didn't like the NECA ones just because I didn't like the original TMNT designs. Before my time, you could say.

Cptkrush

I recently got a bootleg Graypool from the Epic Heroes line from China, and it's indistinguishable from the real thing. Paint and all, the only thing that's wrong is the handgun is black instead of silver. Overall, not a bad 15 dollar purchase. I've heard the bootleg NECA Turtles are pretty slick as well.

Cptkrush

Yeah, basically any figure you search and the pic is of it loose and the seller has multiples and just happens to be in china. That's the easiest way to spot them. Usually Legends bootlegs are pretty decent, 90% of the time they are the exact same molds and the same care is taken when painting for a lot of them. Exceptions include Groot, do not buy bootleg groot haha.

Here's some pics of my fakepool with my recently almost complete Bucky Cap/Machine Man Deadpool

I really wish that we get a new Deadpool on a better mold and a new Doctor Doom next year. That's all I ask, Hasbro

Here's the fake NECA Turtles
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUT...851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259ed91553

and a review
http://thefwoosh.com/2013/10/fraudulent-figure-feature-neca-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-bootlegs

Those fake turtles aren't bad actually, think I'm going to have to bite on that.

I have the real NECA turtles (colored) still sealed. I have a set of the bootleg turtles with colored bandannas and they're worth it.

I've taken a few pics of them on my instagram (@Madness80.

926931_645824418789165_265592903_n.jpg

The joints are great and I feel at ease constantly posing them knowing I'm not wearing and tearing the real thing. I usually open my toys, but kept the NECA turtles on card because of lack of space. I'll consider them an investment if I'm ever in a bind.

I also found out the NECA Ghostbuster toys go for a ton too. Two terrordogs, slimer and Gozer. Kept those on card as well because of lack of space. Another thing I'll probably part with if I'm ever in a bind.

Which Vader is that? is that the one you can find at Toys R Us right now? The pics came out nice.

Thanks. We don't have Toys R Us here, but yeah probably, it was quite cheap and basic, but I thought it'd make a good display piece.

That looks like the Vader my son got for his 4th birthday. That thing is huge. He has it standing beside his bed each night.

That's awesome. I had a poster of Vader in my room when I was 4, when ROTJ came out!

hunchback

Has anyone bought an Ax2 figure? Any good?

Saw this and feel like preordering...

Do you happen to have the link? I really like that. Stylish figure. Great job on the coat.
I wish you people would quit showing pictures of the Hulkbuster. It's getting harder to resist.The pictures above are awesome. Must resist.

Takes some more pics of that Master Chief please! I have all of the Reach and H4 PAKs, and I thought I was done with them and going to collect only 3A 1/6 Halo figures from now on, but that Halo 2 Chief looks nice.

Takes some more pics of that Master Chief please! I have all of the Reach and H4 PAKs, and I thought I was done with them and going to collect only 3A 1/6 Halo figures from now on, but that Halo 2 Chief looks nice.
I'll try and take some either tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait to open it :D

dankir

Do you happen to have the link? I really like that. Stylish figure. Great job on the coat.
I wish you people would quit showing pictures of the Hulkbuster. It's getting harder to resist.The pictures above are awesome. Must resist.

Too bad :) I've pre-ordered it and so have a few others. JOIN US!

More shots from Secret base, 2 FT of awesome.

644408_10153181030157720_9111108279007551976_n.jpg

11050824_10153181026382720_1906005586331838967_n.jpg

10433115_10153181027157720_4784209754113249904_n.jpg

11075005_10153181028602720_798234685132194819_n.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Hulkbuster is definitely beautiful, I'd like to see one in person at the very least, since I know I won't be buying it. :)

On another note, just got myself a 6" SW Black Series Bossk! Fuck yeah!

Now I'm done hunting since I have cases of the next two waves on pre-order, I can just sit back and wait for them to arrive. With Bossk I couldn't order a case cause the other 3 figures in the case I already had accounted for. Had to seek out the single, always much harder.

Too early to know if there is much truth to this but word is the Bossk wave is being underproduced, this may explain why it is not for pre-order on some sites like amazon.com while the wave releasing after it (Palpatine wave) *is* for pre-order. According to Hasbro reps, Bossk is by far the most expensive 6" Black Series figure they have made to-date, due to the extra paint, sculpting, accessories involved. (note: he also has an articulated jaw, quite cool!) So it may be in their best interest not to produce as many since their return isn't as high as other figures. This is all just speculation though.

And this morning around 5AM I was able to pre-order the SHIELD 3-Pack before it sold out... it's been a good day
Can't add my credit card in Chrome, and can't add the item to my cart in Internet Explorer. Toys R Us has the worst fucking website.
According to some discussions I've been involved in, they've restocked it a couple times this morning... it was also up for sale yesterday morning VERY briefly... Keep trying, early morning hours (USA time) is the best time to check. Or you can look in stores... they are starting to show up now. I'm seeing pics all over social media of sightings.

Top Bottom