• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Drayco21

We got a really neat breakdown of the articulation for those upcoming 6" DCC figures:

DCC_Icon_Breakdown_54f8a09008ac61.27389811.jpg

Looking pretty fantastic so far; only thing that I'd really like to see added is an extra hinge in the neck like a lot of late Marvel Universe figures and thigh swivels. Outside of that, these look like they'll be pretty much perfect.

I'm still pretty on the fence about these figures though; I think I'll wait it out and see if they ever start to dip into more modern designs before I commit, but it's nice to see a line take the place of DCUC for Legends-scale DC figures.

3N16MA

Banned
We got a really neat breakdown of the articulation for those upcoming 6" DCC figures:

Looking pretty fantastic so far; only thing that I'd really like to see added is an extra hinge in the neck like a lot of late Marvel Universe figures and thigh swivels. Outside of that, these look like they'll be pretty much perfect.

I'm still pretty on the fence about these figures though; I think I'll wait it out and see if they ever start to dip into more modern designs before I commit, but it's nice to see a line take the place of DCUC for Legends-scale DC figures.

Looks good. I hope we get a classic Darkseid similar to the DCUC collect and connect Darkseid (not the undersized 6" figure).

DarkseidBAF01.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
aL0rgJX.jpg

Leo popped back up at TRU yesterday and I picked him up. I'm only missing Donnie to make it complete.

Childhood memories.

Rootbeer

Banned
Marvel Legends Infinite Avengers Series (BAF Thanos) are up on Amazon! Get 'em while they're hot!

Hulk
Iron Man Mark 43
Captain America
Batroc
Hellcat
Spider-Woman

May arrival though? Wow.

Man, that Hulk is FANTASTIC.

Hellcat and Spider-Woman are going to sell out first, so anyone who wants that build-a-figure and isn't already ordering somewhere else, you should hop on at least those two now so you have them secured. the others will be easier to get.

got my order in at dorkside though :p i'm covered. March arrival for them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hellcat and Spider-Woman are going to sell out first, so anyone who wants that build-a-figure and isn't already ordering somewhere else, you should hop on at least those two now so you have them secured. the others will be easier to get.

Better to have them all preordered! I can't justify $50+ on Figuarts Hulk, and this one looks so nice!

My Target had Best Spidey, Daredevil, and Anti-Venom, but no 2099. At least I have my Amazon one.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hulk will be a big seller too, might be hard to find in stores. So, good on you :p

I can't wait to get them >.<

Remember guys, check out this site it is a good place to keep track of the upcoming waves:

http://marvellegends.net/

Dat amazon.com exclusive Avengers 4-pack...Mmmmm that should go on order pretty soon I hope. Along with some other stuff.

Rootbeer

Banned
Robert Downey Jr posted this on his FB.

His private collection?

I wonder if he has a clause in his contract where he gets 1x of every one for free (similar to mark hamill)

--

How about some 1:6 scale 2014 TMNT? Not sure on these prices of these... they are by ThreeZero. Prototypes shown. I might have to get Raphael even though I think the movie designs aren't so hot.

tumblr_nkn61pOwj21rkutw5o2_540.jpg

tumblr_nkn61pOwj21rkutw5o1_540.jpg

Fantomex

I'm really glad I don't need to buy hellcat to build Thanos. She looks wack! Overall character design reminds me of the EXTREME COMICS days.

Vidiot

Is the Thanos the new Marvel legends set builds movie Thanos or comic Thanos? Because I'm pretty happy with my marvel select comic Thanos.

dankir

His private collection?

I wonder if he has a clause in his contract where he gets 1x of every one for free (similar to mark hamill)

--

How about some 1:6 scale 2014 TMNT? Not sure on these prices of these... they are by ThreeZero. Prototypes shown. I might have to get Raphael even though I think the movie designs aren't so hot.

tumblr_nkn61pOwj21rkutw5o2_540.jpg

tumblr_nkn61pOwj21rkutw5o1_540.jpg

No the Iron Man collection belongs to Eddy Setiawan on facebook.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thor don't be a Dick.

And RE: Thanos, yeah that's modern comic Thanos. I'm sure Movie Thanos will be coming. Hope he's not a SDCC exclusive. :)

Anyway since Thanos is a larger than human character I am hoping Marvel Select does one since they are my go-to for larger characters.

He's already been brought up in this thread, but for around $20 he's a great deal

thanos15_zps8165be7e.jpg

Can't wait to build that Marvel Legends Thanos though, I really dig the design.

Drayco21

Is the Thanos the new Marvel legends set builds movie Thanos or comic Thanos? Because I'm pretty happy with my marvel select comic Thanos.

It's his Marvel Now armor design from Hickman's Infinity and onwards. Like a lot of modern comic costumes, it's clearly drawing on the styles of the MCU while still remaining firmly comic books. We probably won't see an MCU Thanos until Infinity War.

Edit: Yup, Marvel Select Thanos is the perfect classic Thanos, and he's plentiful in-stock, so none of that older Select scarcity you get. Bought mine last year around the same time I picked up the Guardians Legends, and I can't imagine Hasbro ever making a better Thanos- plus, with the Gauntlet and even Mistress Death, he's got everything he could ever need with him. Such a great figure.

LiK

His private collection?

dang cool, i recently sold the OG MK3 and MK2 figures cuz i'd rather have the redone versions. looks like he doesn't have the War Machine Special Repaint which I also sold last year.

yea, i think they send him one of each as a gift.

Rootbeer

Banned
Regarding Marvel Select Thanos, there are two versions. I don't know the exact details, but some earlier produced ones have this red paint around his eyes to simulate the energy that comes out of his eyes. Also, the gold paint of his costume is a different shade, some prefer this gold color more. Different lighting, so you can't do a 1:1 comparison based on these two pics but...

(shown here with Death's alternate human face attached and the Infinity Gauntlet hand swapped on)

1qVLlff.jpg

Personally I have a later version without the red. I like both versions. But if shopping for one, something to look out for.

Cptkrush

According to Marvels own wiki, Thanos is only 6' 7" which is kind of crazy to think about, but it also means the legends Thanos is the proper scale

Rootbeer

Banned
Marvel Legends Infinite Avengers Series (BAF Thanos) are up on Amazon! Get 'em while they're hot!

Hulk
Iron Man Mark 43
Captain America
Batroc
Hellcat
Spider-Woman

Man, that Hulk is FANTASTIC.

Did they price adjust those? I could have swore they were 22.99 earlier but now they say 21.99. The MSRP is 19.99 but the $2 markup is acceptable since you don't have to hunt around to find them (can be challenging with ML figures). Anyway i was looking at the "movers & shakers" in the toy category and Hulk is outselling the others by a big margin right now.

Speaking of Marvel Legends :)

10988949_789226974488450_6994681339007476037_o.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
RE: Thanos Build-A-Figure

He is actually quite large, so check out this scale picture:

You will see his is perfectly to scale with the other ML figures because he is 7 foot 6 inches in the comics, so this matches up. The Select, while nice, is too large if you want to be picky about it. Both are great, but I think the BAF is worth getting if you want one in-scale.

11053412_10204124013883971_4076032214781701526_n.jpg

I'm so putting an order in for some of these. Fantastic looking figs. A couple of them ship to Australia from Amazon. They will be mine. No Daredevil though :(

Imperial

Shouldn't he be smaller?

I'm no expert. Enlighten me if he should be large than Hulk!

Also doesn't Hulk get larger when he gets angrier? So there is a bit of legroom for Hulk's size.

Oh I just always pictured them as being roughly the same size. Regardless, he looks really good!

LiK

Did they price adjust those? I could have swore they were 22.99 earlier but now they say 21.99. The MSRP is 19.99 but the $2 markup is acceptable since you don't have to hunt around to find them (can be challenging with ML figures). Anyway i was looking at the "movers & shakers" in the toy category and Hulk is outselling the others by a big margin right now.

Speaking of Marvel Legends :)

10988949_789226974488450_6994681339007476037_o.jpg

wait, I think I own that Spider-Woman and I didn't know I can make her pose like that....

hot

edit: nm, it's a different one. very similar sculpt

3N16MA

Banned
Shouldn't he be smaller?

I'm no expert. Enlighten me if he should be larger than Hulk!

Also doesn't Hulk get larger when he gets angrier? So there is a bit of legroom for Hulk's size.

Hulk's height seems to vary depending on the which type. Marvel has him listed as 8' max as savage Hulk.

Drayco21

Stopped in at the local Meijer and they had most of the Avengers wave sitting there- picked up an Iron Fist and Machine Man (probably not going to get a Sentry) to complete the set. Really like both of them, especially with all Danny's kung-fu hands. The Odin BAF looks neat, but his articulation is a major bummer- his legs are too restricted by the skirt to be of much use, his elbows have pretty much no range, and the rest of his arms and torso aren't much better. Don't need Odin to be contorting around like a gymnast or anything, but some basic movement would have been nice, for Old Man Thor at least. I'll just keep him fairly static in the background of the shelf anyway. Overall, really pleased with the wave- Ms. Marvel, Machine Man, Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch and Thor have all be awesome, Hawkeye and the BAF are the only real bummers.

Also, visited the local Target, they had a couple of the new Spider-Man wave. A handful of the comic Spider-Man, who I passed on since I know he'll be so easy to find at half price later on on Amazon, but couldn't resist Anti-Venom, even though he's really in the same boat. He just looks so damn cool in person. Toxin was really lame, so I'm surprised how pleased a head swap and repaint have made me here.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch of pictures and overlong text opinions on each figure sometime this week. One wave down, "only" 5 more to go, and then some I'm sure.

RE: Thanos Build-A-Figure

He is actually quite large, so check out this scale picture:

You will see his is perfectly to scale with the other ML figures because he is 7 foot 6 inches in the comics, so this matches up. The Select, while nice, is too large if you want to be picky about it. Both are great, but I think the BAF is worth getting if you want one in-scale.

Technically he's in-scale, but considering how he was drawn in the story that figure is based on, I can't help but wish he was at least around the size of that Hulk, or a little thicker looking or something.

BC9j-Ix2GvMXxgukTGelvEKmyPfbo4HgxBhtaXIZ_FC4rCvQJiZz8v0vynW62mfzdceeG4NjBQRUcsRnb7eAYKEO-QQ=w506-h285-n

Top Bottom