• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Cptkrush

I was surprised by how much I ended up liking him- really solid figure, and he's one of the few to avoid that "gummy joint" problem Hasbro's been having with legs and arms lately. He, Star-Lord, Nova and Groot were fantastic, shame that Gamora and Rocket weren't as good, and that the series' Iron Man even exists.

Don't even get me started on that trash.. Mine is literally a peg warmer right now for the AoU Iron Man, which won't even be that much better.

Anyone know how well Marvel Legends scale with Mattel DC stuff?
I know DC collectables is a larger scale but I have some of Mattel's stuff(Arkham origins Batman for example) and im wondering if they work since im considering getting into Marvel Legends.

Drayco21

Anyone know how well Marvel Legends scale with Mattel DC stuff?
I know DC collectables is a larger scale but I have some of Mattel's stuff(Arkham origins Batman for example) and im wondering if they work since im considering getting into Marvel Legends.

DC Universe Classics and the Unlimited stuff they did a couple years ago both look fine next to Legends. Mattel's not really doing anything in the 6" for DC right now other than the Total Heroes stuff, which is too cartoony for the most part to really blend.

LiK

oh, no. That would be nuts. But even as Flex Pay goes, that much is kind of on the high end of the scale.

yea, i'm not sure I wanna get it yet. 600 tops for me to consider it reasonable. 825 is kinda insane. I might do FlexPay if it's available later. i also have SS points so it can lower the amount to that. maybe i'll just use it up to pay it off.

hunchback

This site might be what you're looking for.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/

Thanks for the link. Does anyone else have their Antivirus software pop up when on this site? I tried mobile, tablet and desktop and all 3 warned the site wasn't safe. Maybe I have my settings to high or something. I should be posting pics soon. My wife is going to photograph my figures. Is it OK if I include 2 statues from Sideshow? They have semi-posable arms. If not no worries.

curb

Banned
Thanks for the link. Does anyone else have their Antivirus software pop up when on this site? I tried mobile, tablet and desktop and all 3 warned the site wasn't safe. Maybe I have my settings to high or something. I should be posting pics soon. My wife is going to photograph my figures. Is it OK if I include 2 statues from Sideshow? They have semi-posable arms. If not no worries.

No virus warnings here and our antivirus here at the office is pretty stringent.

DC Universe Classics and the Unlimited stuff they did a couple years ago both look fine next to Legends. Mattel's not really doing anything in the 6" for DC right now other than the Total Heroes stuff, which is too cartoony for the most part to really blend.

Thanks, some of the selection in Legends lately(Ultimate Spiderwoman, White Tiger, movie Widow.) is really pushing me to upgrade despite not being a huge 6" fan.

dankir

oh, no. That would be nuts. But even as Flex Pay goes, that much is kind of on the high end of the scale.

Well I'm confident in saying that it won't release in June 2016 as they almost always delay their figures so you have even more time.

I'm just going to give my seller 75 bucks a month until its paid off.

dankir

Tell that to the Stormtroopers that got moved up like five months.

And Days of Future Past Wolverine, but this is a completely different sculpt that requires unique special pieces to be mass produced, Quality control, paint application, etc. Completely different situation.

I'm getting my Igor in 2 weeks and he was supposed to come out 13 months ago. There's no way Hulkbuster is going to release early or in exactly 14 months.

Messi

I got laid off from work and got a healthy payout. But seriously...I just cant preorder that Hulkbuster. It is just too much money.

The rest of the avengers though....you are on notice.

dankir

I got laid off from work and got a healthy payout. But seriously...I just cant preorder that Hulkbuster. It is just too much money.

The rest of the avengers though....you are on notice.

Lol you're going to be spending easily double that on the rest of the AoU core Avengers.

This is what's coming out

Iron Man Mark 43
Iron Man Mark 44 ( HulkBuster)
I'm 99.9 sure they'll be a Mark 45 or something additional to the 43 as per the trailers
Captain America
Hulk
Scarlett Witch
Quicksilver
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Vision
Thor
Pretty sure they are releasing a Bruce Banner figure

Ubfd6pg.jpg

Then you'll have Ultron and his cronies
Ultron Prime
Ultimate Ultron (Unless they add accesories to the already revealed figure)
Ultron Mark 1
Ultron drone / sentry (Probably two seperate figures like the Chitari
Loki

Possibilities
Baron Von Strucker
Battle Damaged versions of the Iron Man suits (more than likely)
War Machine
Falcon
Klaw
Kind of hoping for a Heimdall

I'm sure I'm missing others.

Rootbeer

Banned
They better do a Mark 45 Iron Man too

LEGO already released one for AoU so it's fair to assume it could be in the movie.

95nQbQ5.jpg

Course, I probably won't get the Hot Toys version but I'm game for the SHF Version if they make one.

Messi

Lol you're going to be spending easily double that on the rest of the AoU core Avengers.

This is what's coming out

Iron Man Mark 43
Iron Man Mark 44 ( HulkBuster)
I'm 99.9 sure they'll be a Mark 45 or something additional to the 43 as per the trailers
Captain America
Hulk
Scarlett Witch
Quicksilver
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Vision
Thor
Pretty sure they are releasing a Bruce Banner figure

Ubfd6pg.jpg

Then you'll have Ultron and his cronies
Ultron Prime
Ultimate Ultron (Unless they add accesories to the already revealed figure)
Ultron Mark 1
Ultron drone / sentry (Probably two seperate figures like the Chitari
Loki

Possibilities
Baron Von Strucker
Battle Damaged versions of the Iron Man suits (more than likely)
War Machine
Falcon
Klaw
Kind of hoping for a Heimdall

I'm sure I'm missing others.

Oh I understand that. But that much on one figure would kill me. Props to those who will get one though.

I am so down for a Scarlett Witch one and the new Black Widow.

Edit: Captain Marvel too eventually.

LiK

so far I own every IM3 suit that has been released by Hot Toys. Gonna suck if I decide to skip out on Hulkbuster. Still thinking about it.

Cptkrush

So I finally got my paints in yesterday for the Deadpool custom I started on two weeks ago from Machine Man, and I figured I'd share some progress pics. I'm really happy with how he's looking so far, especially since this is my first time doing any kind of painting other than walls in a house. I'm really glad his costume is nothing but easy patterns.

I still have to add pouches, and touch up the paint once I'm done adding apoxie sculpt bits. And the back needs some more TLC and straighter lines

Finally found some figures in the wild in my area, other then Amazing Spider-man electro. Hawkeye, Scarlet witch and machine man, characters I'm not really mad about. Mostly bought them for the Odin BAF pieces.
Couldn't get Scarlet witch to stand with those heels, so I used my Bandai Figuarts alien stand. I think it the stand works pretty well with the figure, actually glad I bought her now, so I ordered some of those Bandai Tamashii Stage Act.5 from amazon.

What armor is Iron Man wearing inside the Hulkbuster? It doesn't look like the Mark 42 or 43. Unless there's just a silver thing covering up his chest or something.

So I finally got my paints in yesterday for the Deadpool custom I started on two weeks ago from Machine Man, and I figured I'd share some progress pics. I'm really happy with how he's looking so far, especially since this is my first time doing any kind of painting other than walls in a house. I'm really glad his costume is nothing but easy patterns.

I still have to add pouches, and touch up the paint once I'm done adding apoxie sculpt bits. And the back needs some more TLC and straighter lines

That looks pretty slick. Nice job.

Rootbeer

Banned

Wow... great progress! Especially on the head. A lot of Deadpool figures don't add that tip of his mask/hood on the back. I actually don't own a Deadpool cause they are ridiculously expensive on the aftermarket. The only decent priced one I can find is the Marvel Select which is in a scale I don't like so I'm waiting for a new one.
Finally found some figures in the wild in my area, other then Amazing Spider-man electro. Hawkeye, Scarlet witch and machine man, characters I'm not really mad about. Mostly bought them for the Odin BAF pieces.
Couldn't get Scarlet witch to stand with those heels, so I used my Bandai Figuarts alien stand. I think it the stand works pretty well with the figure, actually glad I bought her now, so I ordered some of those Bandai Tamashii Stage Act.5 from amazon.

Grats on the find. Anyone looking for the 2015 Marvel Legends waves should keep an eye on amazon, i've seen them all go in and out of stock often. I just saw more Scarlet Witch in stock this morning.

LiK

I can't remember if anyone has mentioned the Four Horsemen's Kickstarter campaign for Mythic Legions in this thread yet, but if not, here it is. Only 5 days left to back it, pretty amazing 6" figures, and the Four Horsemen are totally trustworthy, so no Kickstarter worries here.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ons-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-stu/posts

Picture credit to Sector1014 of thefwoosh.com.

Whatever happened to the Screaming Eagle figure? I really wanted that.

Whatever happened to the Screaming Eagle figure? I really wanted that.

That was their last Kickstarter from last year. Everything from that Ravens line is sold out on their store, but Eagalus is said to have more coming soon.

http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/eap.html

If you want to buy this type of stuff from the Four Horsemen, you pretty much need to back the Kickstarter, because supplies are limited when they release on their store, and they sell out quick.

Nice! You been using any shading paints? I love using them.

LiK

That was their last Kickstarter from last year. Everything from that Ravens line is sold out on their store, but Eagalus is said to have more coming soon.

http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/eap.html

If you want to buy this type of stuff from the Four Horsemen, you pretty much need to back the Kickstarter, because supplies are limited when they release on their store, and they sell out quick.

thanks i actually missed the KS and emailed them and they told me to keep an eye out on the store. i was watching it for weeks but gave up. glad there's a page for it. now i'll be refreshing every day lol

LiK

That dock strike really fucked my budgeting. Sideshow shipped my Star Lord and Shadow Trooper and now BBTS shipped my Falcon.

BBTS charged me for Falcon as well. It's in my Pile of Loot atm. Think I'll wait a bit before having it shipped.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It begins...
Does anyone have the Joker figure from this series? I put it on preorder from Amazon last year and it still hasn't shipped. Did it get delayed?

EDIT - Nevermind, found my answer

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/0...ontrol-sculpting-actors-new-products-and-more

Because of the new changes to our quality control, we have delayed Wave 2 of the Batman Animated figures. The new plan is to have the Joker, Man-Bat and Robin release in March of 2015. Poison Ivy will be released later in 2015 as we want to be sure that her smaller joints are working perfectly. Wave 3A will now feature Killer Croc and the Creeper and will release in May 2015 while Wave 3B will feature Poison Ivy, Robin (from The New Batman Adventures) and Harley Quinn and release in June 2015.

They better do a Mark 45 Iron Man too

LEGO already released one for AoU so it's fair to assume it could be in the movie.
Oh, it's in the movie.

ForkedSimpleAmericancrocodile.gif

From the latest trailer.

What armor is Iron Man wearing inside the Hulkbuster? It doesn't look like the Mark 42 or 43. Unless there's just a silver thing covering up his chest or something.
It's the 43, I assume it's just some sort of locking mechanism that keeps him in place.

It begins...
Be very careful with the joints, I've heard a lot of horror stories about the wave 1 figures. If a joint feels stiff, dip it in boiling water or put it under a blow dryer to heat it up to loosen it up or it might just break on you.

Oh, it's in the movie.

tumblr_nkr5igYKJH1qhj0e4o2_400.gif

From the latest trailer.

It's the 43, I assume it's just some sort of locking mechanism that keeps him in place.

Be very careful with the joints, I've heard a lot of horror stories about the wave 1 figures. If a joint feels stiff, dip it in boiling water or put it under a blow dryer to heat it up to loosen it up or it might just break on you.

It's about time the hot rod red was the dominant color again!

Cptkrush

Nice! You been using any shading paints? I love using them.
Honestly I have no idea what shading paints are haha, I'm just using Testors Flat Black, Leather, Gloss White, and Games Workshop Mephiston Red. The shading kind of comes naturally from dry brushing the red onto the black primed pieces. I learned everything I know from a youtube tutorial lol.

Wow... great progress! Especially on the head. A lot of Deadpool figures don't add that tip of his mask/hood on the back. I actually don't own a Deadpool cause they are ridiculously expensive on the aftermarket. The only decent priced one I can find is the Marvel Select which is in a scale I don't like so I'm waiting for a new one..

That looks pretty slick. Nice job.

Thanks guys, I plan on finishing him up sometime this weekend, can't wait to add him to my collection!

It's too hard for me to double dip on the main avengers team. I have the full Hot Toys line up from the first Avengers movie, so I'm only getting Ultron, Vision, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch this time.

Debating on Hulkbuster.

I bought one of those Titan Hulkbusters. They're really cool! Definitely very light, but I don't mind. There's no way I'm shelling out $800 for one. Also remove the batteries ASAP--super annoying.

I enjoy the jackhammer gimmick. It's fun, okay?

It's amazing what some people can do with paint. Someone even added leds to it. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere near that skill haha

I think I'll be skipping Mark 43 and wait for Mark 45.
You just know Hot Toys Vision & Ultron will sell out instantly.
Gotta get that pre-order in early.
Honestly I have no idea what shading paints are haha, I'm just using Testors Flat Black, Leather, Gloss White, and Games Workshop Mephiston Red. The shading kind of comes naturally from dry brushing the red onto the black primed pieces. I learned everything I know from a youtube tutorial lol.
I watch Glenn Webb, he does some really great customs like his Baron Zemo. Games Workshop have a paint type called "Shade", which you can see written under the colour name. It works by having the paint go into the recesses of the figure and create a shading effect, which is really cool. Just used it yesterday on my first custom (Marvel Universe scale Symbiote Spider-Man, for practice). :)

Top Bottom