• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Yarbskoo

What's wrong with the Flare Or Volks one?

If F4F do better than these, I'll give them my money.

61595.jpg

e949d17fc1c4a95ddee0c4a373b7d5ab_4.jpg

Well they are absurdly expensive by now, but then again we're also talking about F4F so maybe that's not a concern.

What's wrong with the Flare Or Volks one?

If F4F do better than these, I'll give them my money.

Nothing really, but that Flare one was huge. Pricey, too. More than I wanted to spend. Honestly, I like the Phat version the best but that thing is rare and expensive as shit. I'm fine just waiting for the next Bayo to come along.

Also, where the hell have you been?!

LiK

Well they are absurdly expensive by now, but then again we're also talking about F4F so maybe that's not a concern.

They were already way too expensive and too big for me. I have a smaller one where she's kicking high. Love that one.

Jaeger

I asked Steve Wang to post images of his unproduced prototype Predator figure he created before the first film came out. The company that was supposed to produce it didn't wanna produce it if the chance the movie wasn't a hit. This is essentially the first figure ever conceived based on the Predator.

You are welcomed. ;)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I was gonna tell you that Amazon has the two hardest to get figures from the Legends Sandman wave in stock, but Green Goblin just sold out. They still have All-New Spider-Man 2099.
The contrast between the fairly matte white paint and the red metallic on 2099 is striking in person.

MG310

Slowly getting the Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy Mantis wave as they show up on Amazon...Warlock is the only one that has escaped me so far.

Death's Head II is a ridiculous figure in both execution and that they actually made a figure of Death's Head II in 2017. It's not like they phoned it in either - new head,belt,lower arms,and lower legs that they can't really reuse anywhere else and 2 new left hands for the Colossus body.

Only questionable reuse is the Colossus shoulders.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Slowly getting the Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy Mantis wave as they show up on Amazon...Warlock is the only one that has escaped me so far.

Death's Head II is a ridiculous figure in both execution and that they actually made a figure of Death's Head II in 2017. It's not like they phoned it in either - new head,belt,lower arms,and lower legs that they can't really reuse anywhere else and 2 new left hands for the Colossus body.

Only questionable reuse is the Colossus shoulders.

I saw a bunch of that wave at a Walmart, including Death's Head II, but the boxes all looked like they'd been stepped on.
I also saw this atrocity a while back...

KyleCross

So, does anyone have any suggestions for the Overwatch D.Va figure in terms of display? I use Ikea Detolf's but there's not 19 inches of clearance between shelves and to remove a shelf would take away so much display space. I'm thinking of putting her on top of the Detolf's and then encapsulating her with something. But I have no idea what I can buy to do that.

She's 19 inches tall and about 16 inches around.

beat

Figure-GAF, I don't know much about figures now esp as I left collecting for a few years, so I have a few questions:

1) What is Union Creative, what is Vulcanlog and what is the corporate relation to Kaiyodo? More importantly, where did Katsuhisa Yamaguchi end up?

2) Any word on when that Jet Set Radio Beat Vulcanlog will be released?

Nothing really, but that Flare one was huge. Pricey, too. More than I wanted to spend. Honestly, I like the Phat version the best but that thing is rare and expensive as shit. I'm fine just waiting for the next Bayo to come along.

Also, where the hell have you been?!

Lurking mostly!

I'm busy selling most of my figures. Planning to move to Japan so I need that coin!

Best freeza figure/statue? Anyone know?

So, does anyone have any suggestions for the Overwatch D.Va figure in terms of display? I use Ikea Detolf's but there's not 19 inches of clearance between shelves and to remove a shelf would take away so much display space. I'm thinking of putting her on top of the Detolf's and then encapsulating her with something. But I have no idea what I can buy to do that.

She's 19 inches tall and about 16 inches around.

There's a way to mod detolfs to change the shelf height. People did it for HT Groot.

It just amazes me how great the Marvel Legends movie tie-in figures have been, meanwhile the human Star Wars Black Series figures look like abominations that should be killed with fire.

TAJ

You can't even see the most impressive details on that Hela fig in that pic. The veins above her eyes on the unmasked head are fucking insane.

You can't even see the most impressive details on that Hela fig in that pic. The veins above her eyes on the unmasked head are fucking insane.

Yeah. Here's a high res promo.

Looks like the production version is delivering the goods promised.

When is Daredevil, Punisher and most importantly Blade coming out?

They're scheduled for August. Given the way the last few waves have been handled, you probably won't easily find them in stores until September/October. I really wish the distribution on these was handled better.

LiK

There's a bunch of unofficial PVC OW statues on eBay. They look good in photos so I guess I'll look for any reviews from fans online and see if they're worth the money.

LiK

Ohhh? I may need to take a risk here.

bootlegs? didn't know they existed for statues

Yea, I remember seeing an artist post his OW fanart for a D.Va and someone actually made a bootleg statue from it. He tweeted how funny that was. I guess if you want a Meka statue that doesn't cost $450, this is a good alternative

There's also Junk, Hog and Genji from what I've found so far. They seem to be based on the official artwork. I'ms ure the quality is gonna be subpar but I guess it's better than waiting for the official ones.

There's also a bootleg of the official Tracer statue too.

Beth Cyra

Yea, I remember seeing an artist post his OW fanart for a D.Va and someone actually made a bootleg statue from it. He tweeted how funny that was. I guess if you want a Meka statue that doesn't cost $450, this is a good alternative

There's also Junk, Hog and Genji from what I've found so far. They seem to be based on the official artwork. I'ms ure the quality is gonna be subpar but I guess it's better than waiting for the official ones.

There's also a bootleg of the official Tracer statue too.
I looked for Mercy and outside of some minis couldn't find anything.

It shocks me how popular she seems to be but how little merchandise she gets.

I did find tons of Pharmercy stuff on eBay, that ship has infected everything.

Messi has an alt?

Worse. He's taken a disciple.

I like to think of myself as being supportive.

Poor Messi. I saw a bunch of upcoming Harley figures and statues but I don't wanna post them here.

You should do it. For Messi's sake.

That Harley PF is $530!? Jesus Christ, Sideshow has some balls.

Isn't that their standard price point for their Premium Format line these days?

Isn't that their standard price point for their Premium Format line these days?

$450-$500 is normal these days.. $530 is how they begin their slow crawl to $600. When they get to $575 or so, they'll jump to $600 and pretend it's not a massive price increase. That's the kind of shit Marvel does.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Don't listen to Hateloid, Messi, you know the truth in your heart as you always have!

buy every Harley

Top Bottom