• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

19984176_10154692445782344_1726017197311147096_o.jpg

I am happy to be proven wrong!

It looks like the whole Justice League DC Comics Multiverse figure wave popped up on eBay. They switched the regular Batman with the Tactical Suit one, which a Mattel employee said would be exclusive to the remote controlled Batmobile a few months ago. I guess maybe the regular one will now come with that instead...or will be a store exclusive.

It looks like the whole Justice League DC Comics Multiverse figure wave popped up on eBay. They switched the regular Batman with the Tactical Suit one, which a Mattel employee said would be exclusive to the remote controlled Batmobile a few months ago. I guess maybe the regular one will now come with that instead...or will be a store exclusive.

Flash's design actually looks alright in figure form.

KingV

It happens, though. I bought the BvS Wonder Woman statue that DC Collectibles put out. It came out literally ONE YEAR after it was originally supposed to. Not from the date it was initially solicited, the actual release date. It was just continually delayed until it finally released this past April. It took so long that they just swapped out the base and are also using it as the WW Justice League statue.

One:12 is a killer line for delays too. They have multiple figures approaching one year late.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Really? Better than figuarts? That would be something that might get me to collect legends.

I just meant the quality of the face printing. Hasbro has been experimenting with it for a while. Gamora was where they got roughly in the same ballpark as Bandai, where it looks great until you get close to it and then it has a gritty look to it. With the Ragnarok wave it's so detailed that you can't tell it's a print.

Nnng! There's no specific Marvel/DC/Star Wars character that I care about enough to get a $200 figure, but unless the movie is so horrible that I want to cleanse every memory of it, I must have Laureline. And then maybe Valerian as well. Goddammit, Hot Toys!

KingV

I just meant the quality of the face printing. Hasbro has been experimenting with it for a while. Gamora was where they got roughly in the same ballpark as Bandai, where it looks great until you get close to it and then it has a gritty look to it. With the Ragnarok wave it's so detailed that you can't tell it's a print.

Haven't seen the ragnarok wave yet. I almost bit on a few of the GOTG2 wave, but held off in the end.

WolfStark

It's beyond me how the Marvel Legends line is getting better and better and the Star Wars line is.. well this. The faces are dull and it's clear as day that there is going to be another Luke, since this one has no accessories at all.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Target has the 6" Black Series figures from Force Friday 2016 for <$5 now. Maybe they'll finally get rid of them just in time to clog their pegs with figures from another movie I don't care about.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
DAT ROCKETEER

Makes me wish I had gotten one of those cool Mondo Rocketeer prints. Not sure how much I'd want to lug that giant statue around though.

Beth Cyra

Have some new things:

New Tweeterhead statue (2nd in series after their Harley):

$250, 16.5" tall, and releasing November-ish.

Mondo doing a Legend of Korra statue:

And Rocketeer as well:

Oh goddess I want that Korra statue if only for Asami, it kills me she has nearly zero merch.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
HELP

NECA got the license for Laika merchandise!

Highlights of NECA's multi-category merchandise lineup include:

&#9679; Bespoke reproduction hero puppets (Coraline, Norman, Eggs and Kubo) available for consumer orders by end of 2017. More characters will follow.
&#9679; Limited edition (only 3000) exclusive for Comic-Con Coraline Display Box will be available at the NECA booth at San Diego Comic Con (#3145) and at The LAIKA Experience pop up shop.

Future products will include:
&#9679; Traditional articulated and/or non-articulated figures and/or dolls, sold with or without scenes/backdrops
&#9679; Resin statues
&#9679; Plush figures
&#9679; Bobble head figures
&#9679; Stylized vinyl toys
&#9679; Large scale foam figures
&#9679; Prop replicas
&#9679; Board games

GIMMIE
I'm probably going to cave on the Coraline set at SDCC

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I...I can't even respond with a variation of "Freezy pls", I'm just in a state of utter shock.

y u do dis

TAJ

I've never heard the name of the company before is all. I did see Kubo and the Two Strings, though.

I've heard of them but I thought they went out of business recently.
Daddy must be very, very supportive.

I might do an entire JL set honestly. I have an Avengers set from the first movie and whether it sucks or not I love DC characters way more than Marvel. But guys omg spoilerz Superman's dead isn't he!?

Also been watching reviews on the Metal Build Seven Sword, sweet lord is that figure amazing. I want it like right now.

Messi

I might do an entire JL set honestly. I have an Avengers set from the first movie and whether it sucks or not I love DC characters way more than Marvel. But guys omg spoilerz Superman's dead isn't he!?

Also been watching reviews on the Metal Build Seven Sword, sweet lord is that figure amazing. I want it like right now.

I'm going to buy all of the league and put Harley with them and you can't stop me.

Top Bottom