• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Cptkrush

I got mine from Dorkside, maybe the fact that I live in Florida and they ship from Tennessee? Or alphabetical cause my last name is C?

I think I'm going to keep holding off until it's $25, like the Ms. Marvel pack, even as cool as that Coulson looks.

I think you're unlikely to ever see that big of a discount on it. Toys R Us is pretty stingy with clearance pricing. They'll probably cut it down to $35 by the end of the year, but let it rot on shelves at that price if they don't sell them all first.

And to be fair, the $50 price is decent anyway. It wouldn't shock me if Toys R Us raises the base price to $55 or $60 in the next few months.

Drayco21

The only one I want from the pack is Agent Coulson. I really hate that body mold they use for Nick Fury.

This is the real deal breaker of that set for me; the Ultimate Fury/Red Skull mold is such a piece of hot garbage, and easily the worst in Hasbro's rotation right now. Clunky, awful articulation that looks super unnatural, restricts a bunch of other poses especially in the arms and legs, and just all around feels terrible. Part of me is glad we got classic Machine Man instead of Nextwave because they'd have tried to shoehorn Aaron on to that shitty coat body too.

It probably helps that I'm fairly lukewarm on Jackson's Fury and Aunt Robin Hill as characters anyway; MCU sets rarely do as much for me as the comic versions.

Cptkrush

This is the real deal breaker of that set for me; the Ultimate Fury/Red Skull mold is such a piece of hot garbage, and easily the worst in Hasbro's rotation right now. Clunky, awful articulation that looks super unnatural, restricts a bunch of other poses especially in the arms and legs, and just all around feels terrible. Part of me is glad we got classic Machine Man instead of Nextwave because they'd have tried to shoehorn Aaron on to that shitty coat body too.

It probably helps that I'm fairly lukewarm on Jackson's Fury and Aunt Robin Hill as characters anyway; MCU sets rarely do as much for me as the comic versions.

I think the worst part about that mold is that the Trench coat looks like hot garbage. It looks like it belongs in the GI Joe universe with that weird cobra logo texture on the collar.

Exactly I hate the articulation. I wish that they would try to use The Star-Lord coat mold sometimes. At least the articulation is doable with that one. The Machine Man figure would have looked great with that mold.

Cptkrush

Oh man, the Star Lord mold is so much better, I really hoped they would use it for trench coat characters, but I guess we'll have to wait on that.

dankir

Next wave of Hot Toys releases! Got Groot, Rocket, AoU Cap, AoU Iron Man, Whiplash 2.0 on pre-order.

11081341_1567705550152195_2320564327774755313_n.jpg

I really like the AoU packaging.

I just have no idea where you guys find the room to put all these guys. My figures are starting to get packed in like sardines on my crowed shelves. I might have a revolt on my hands soon if I don't figure something out.

DemiMatt

Cool. Rocket/Groot and Cap are what I've got coming out of that. Cancelled the XLIII since I'm getting Hulkbuster.

Same except no Hulkbuster, I pre ordered the MK VII Stealth Suit instead.

So questions Action Figure Gaf, I was going htrough my garage and I have these guys from when I was a child. They all are complete (save for a few which are missing the mini figures) and have original boxes, packaging, inserts, & instructions. I tested them and the electronics work. What would be the best way to sell them? And what prices can I expect please? Thank you!

Screen_Shot_2015_03_31_at_2_07_04_PM.png

Rootbeer

Banned
image.php

My TRU had the Avengers Legends out at BOGO40% off. HNNNNNG.

pretty crazy...

i'm gonna stop by TRU tomorrow. I already have my set but i'm always bumping into other collectors who act like they have no idea what the internet is and feel like they have to get everything in the store and come day after day hoping to find marvel legends (or other similar chase lines)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Photoshoot time! This wave is probably my favorite in a long time (not counting Hellcat). I know the Select Thanos is everyone's favorite, but give this guy a chance!

Messi

Shit...that Iron Man is awesome. I am going to end up getting all the Avengers aren't I. I am dying to see Scarlet Witch.

pretty crazy...

i'm gonna stop by TRU tomorrow. I already have my set but i'm always bumping into other collectors who act like they have no idea what the internet is and feel like they have to get everything in the store and come day after day hoping to find marvel legends (or other similar chase lines)

Target has marvel legends for buy one get one 50% off. They had all of the hobgoblin wave minus daredevil. I grabbed an extra 2099 if anyone stumbles on a daredevil and wants to trade.

DemiMatt

Those in hand pics of the 1/6 Scale MK 43 or whatever it is look amazing, I think I may need to grab this . . . .

Oddly enough I really want to get into the 1/4 scale figures, but so far it's just Bats, Boba, and Iron Man right?

Top Bottom