• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Rootbeer

Banned
What a hideous figure. It is Ultron or a Mummy that's been spray-painted silver, I can't really tell.

61VMoWh7trL._SL1024_.jpg

http://amzn.com/B00ND5ZIU6

3N16MA

Banned
Found the latest in Disney Store exclusives this past Thursday... "Hawkguy"!! First, best surprise Select ever and second, I think this might be my fav, quickly knocking the most recent Thor out of the position. This toy nails the tone and personality of Clint from the Fraction/Aja run. Finally, the cherry on top being Arrow...er, Lucky the Pizza Dog!

I need this! There is a few Disney stores in the GTA which means I will be on the lookout.

So I've finally had time to crack open the PAK Halo 2 Master Chief and take some pics, and I've gotta say that I'm really impressed.

I've got a couple of gripes, like the knee joints are a quite ugly, the energy sword is a bit big and the hands are very stiff (seriously you're gonna need some hot water to get his weapons in).

These don't really detract from the figure all that much though. Great sculpt, good articulation and a decent number of accessories (although I would have liked to have seen a battle rifle but whatcha gonna do?), this is a must buy if you're a Halo fan.
Thanks for sharing, he looks great! Now do I really want it, or do I save the money for 3A's Chief? Decisions, decisions.

Found the latest in Disney Store exclusives this past Thursday... "Hawkguy"!! First, best surprise Select ever and second, I think this might be my fav, quickly knocking the most recent Thor out of the position. This toy nails the tone and personality of Clint from the Fraction/Aja run. Finally, the cherry on top being Arrow...er, Lucky the Pizza Dog!
Didn't even know this figure existed, it looks awesome!

Figma Snake, hands down.

That bad boy's going to shine in my Smash figure collection.
It also helps that I preordered him when he was only 6060 yen
Same here man, I can wait for Figma Snake and Lucina to add to the crew.

I just saw the preorder for Play Arts Kai Arkham Knight Batman on Amiami, the proportions look really great on it, but do I really need another Batman?

Thanks for sharing, he looks great! Now do I really want it, or do I save the money for 3A's Chief? Decisions, decisions.
Hmm that's a tough one. If you can afford it and like the look of it then by all means go for the 3A, but if you're looking for something a bit smaller and a lot cheaper than the PAK is a really good option.

Also damn that Batman looks legit, but I don't know where I'd put it. Plus I have the variant already as well as the SH Figuarts and DCC TAS version. Hmmm...

Hmm that's a tough one. If you can afford it and like the look of it then by all means go for the 3A, but if you're looking for something a bit smaller and a lot cheaper than the PAK is a really good option.

Also damn that Batman looks legit, but I don't know where I'd put it. Plus I have the variant already as well as the SH Figuarts and DCC TAS version. Hmmm...
Well I'd actually be getting the PAK Chief in addition to the 3A Chief since that's already on preorder. Before I started collecting the 3A Halo figures I amassed a whole bunch of PAKs, including all of Noble Team and the four releases from Halo 4, so I feel a bit of a compulsion to get it, but I don't think I need it. I'll just admire it from afar.

Arkham Knight Batman looks awesome, if I love the game I'll have to get it.

Well I'd actually be getting the PAK Chief in addition to the 3A Chief since that's already on preorder. Before I started collecting the 3A Halo figures I amassed a whole bunch of PAKs, including all of Noble Team and the four releases from Halo 4, so I feel a bit of a compulsion to get it, but I don't think I need it. I'll just admire it from afar.
Oh right, fair enough. I suppose you can never enough Chief's :p

Arkham Knight Batman looks awesome, if I love the game I'll have to get it.
Hopefully the game's gonna be great but I'm tempted by this regardless. Just looks like a really cool Batman figure.

Maximus.

Got my hands on some Wave 2 World of Nintendo figures! I am still looking for Samus and Metroid. In general these figures feel really cheap, but they look nice.

toWl1LG.jpg

8M8CyhA.jpg

Got the White Tigerzord, finishing my collection of legacy megazords. I think I will be ordering Saba, since I always wanted that as a kid. The build quality of the legacy megazords are phenomenal.

YKG9ReH.jpg

Got Ivan Ooze and a Red Ranger from the movie wave of legacy figures.

6UHibdi.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got my hands on some Wave 2 World of Nintendo figures! I am still looking for Samus and Metroid. In general these figures feel really cheap, but they look nice.

toWl1LG.jpg

8M8CyhA.jpg

Got the White Tigerzord, finishing my collection of legacy megazords. I think I will be ordering Saba, since I always wanted that as a kid. The build quality of the legacy megazords are phenomenal.

YKG9ReH.jpg

Got Ivan Ooze and a Red Ranger from the movie wave of legacy figures.

6UHibdi.jpg

I AM EXCEEDINGLY JELLY RIGHT NOW. Dat Ganon. Dat Olimar. Dat Cranky. DAT OOZE.

Now you cannot unsee the pink bra it's sporting =P

F5GxPUT.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
dorksidetoys just posted on twitter/facebook they received their Thanos wave cases and are shipping now. Yippie! Maybe I'll have mine by friday. I should have the SHIELD 3-pack on Weds.

I hope amazon puts their 4-pack up for order soon. That's the one I am wanting the most.

Grats on the Ganon. I've been trying to find him. I found that 3" Link but the Pikmin and Cranky Kong are hot sellers right now.

My Heavy Armoured Special Cop arrived today.

7g6xGl8.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I think he's a rip off of Judge Dredd.

I love that in an effort to avoid infringement the badge actually says DAEDD. Glorious.

Amazing figure especially for such a small company working unlicensed stuff.

7g6xGl8.jpg

I love that in an effort to avoid infringement the badge actually says DAEDD. Glorious.

Curious; can you remove the helmet? Or is it like the Robocop figma where there's no eyes?

Pics without helmet pls I genuinely wanna know now.

dankir

7g6xGl8.jpg

What do mean rip off? Of course it's Judge Dredd. There's no licensed 1/6 figure of him so they released this one. I have him too and it's a great figure.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

7g6xGl8.jpg

Where from?

Saw this posted in the Marvel Legends Community feed on FB. That Batroc pose is so perfect. Can't wait for this series. Canceled BBTS in favor of Amazon. Should arrive on the 30th!

Really tempted by these guys but the SH Figuarts versions of Iron Man, Hulk and Cap have thrown a spanner in the works. Spider-Woman and Hellcat are must buys.

Curious; can you remove the helmet? Or is it like the Robocop figma where there's no eyes?

Pics without helmet pls I genuinely wanna know now.

A pretty solid likeness of Urban and the visor is transparent enough to warrant the detail. The lego man peg is another way to try and avoid copyright as well as holding the helmet in place.

Where from?

Ebay. The figure itself is made by a Chinese company called Art-Figures. They make a few other unlicensed figures.

Really tempted by these guys but the SH Figuarts versions of Iron Man, Hulk and Cap have thrown a spanner in the works. Spider-Woman and Hellcat are must buys.

Legends are my main collection. I'll probably buy SH Figuarts to to take pics of. Gotta build that Thanos!

I'm no stranger to buying tons of the same character from different companies. Like the comic books they come from, I treat these different toys/sculpts as different artists renditions of the characters :)

My only problem with the Figuarts Hulk is he is too ripped. I liked Whedon's explanation that he chose to have Hulk with more of a wrestler's physique.

not paying that for a knockoff :x
He's probably the best figure on the market right now for that amount. $140 is a steal for such a well done figure. Could pass as a Hot Toys figure minus some small ugly spots like the hands which can be easily swapped out. A licensed 1/6 figure for Dread would cost $230+ easy in this day and age and would look the exact same. We're never even getting an official figure for it anyways so can't complain.

15817897144_fc9d674487_b.jpg

He's probably the best figure on the market right now for that amount. $140 is a steal for such a well done figure. Could pass as a Hot Toys figure minus some small ugly spots like the hands which can be easily swapped out. A licensed 1/6 figure for Dread would cost $230+ easy in this day and age and would look the exact same. We're never even getting an official figure for it anyways so can't complain.

15817897144_fc9d674487_b.jpg

Yep. Own it and as a huge Dredd fan it was worth every penny.

are you sure about this?

Top Bottom