• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Snaku

Banned
Darth Maul looks awesome! I've been trying to resist getting sucked into 1/6 Star Wars figures because Marvel is costing me too much but I'm very tempted to go all in for the Figurats. I've never had any of their figures before. Are they pretty decent?

They can be hit or miss as far as quality control is concerned. The DBZ figuarts tends to fall apart in one way or another right out of the box.

Rootbeer

Banned
They can be hit or miss as far as quality control is concerned. The DBZ figuarts tends to fall apart in one way or another right out of the box.

That doesn't sound too promising!

I've heard the same arguments about so many different figure lines. From figma to revoltech to western figues from hasbro. Unless you want to avoid buying any action figures period, I wouldn't worry, they are a high-quality line of figures.

Snaku

Banned
I've heard the same arguments about so many different figure lines. From figma to revoltech to western figues from hasbro. Unless you want to avoid buying any action figures period, I wouldn't worry, they are a high-quality line of figures.

Just giving fair warning. They are very nice figures, but the poor QC and high price tag may leave you feeling like you wasted your money. Shelling out $50-80 for a six inch figure should mean you're paying for a premium product, but Tamashii always seems to frustratingly fall short. I hope their Star Wars line is a step up from their DBZ and Kamen Rider lines of recent years.

Messi

Bought two hot toys today. Gamora and my first Iron person character.

r7GhtO0.jpeg

EeGD2L2.jpeg

Just giving fair warning. They are very nice figures, but the poor QC and high price tag may leave you feeling like you wasted your money. Shelling out $50-80 for a six inch figure should mean you're paying for a premium product, but Tamashii always seems to frustratingly fall short. I hope their Star Wars line is a step up from their DBZ and Kamen Rider lines of recent years.

I've got a bunch of SH Figuarts and not had a single problem.

Finally got my Pepper Potts headsculpt and decided to take some pics. I think she looks great. I'm quite satisfied with it.

17004544720_2085726529_b.jpg

And that pic gave me an idea for the photo below. I think I've been playing too much Dark Souls.

16984649777_6af41b08c1_b.jpg

Enilced2

Well I fell down the rabbit hole today. I bought my fist Hot Toy. Silver Centurion, I won't be able to set it up till tomorrow... I am excited yet terrified of breaking it haha

Darth Maul looks awesome! I've been trying to resist getting sucked into 1/6 Star Wars figures because Marvel is costing me too much but I'm very tempted to go all in for the Figurats.

Figuarts aren't 1/6. Probably not even 1/10. Maybe 6" tall, but most 1/6 figures end up being around 10"-12" tall.

Messi

First Iron Man figure?? It's all that HT has released recently lol.

I don't see a need to collect the different colour variants but I would like to own War Machine and I have the Ultron Iron Man on order. After that I'm done with iron man. Hot toys release so many of them.

I only started collecting about a year ago.

--

What are the chances of Disney partnering with Hot Toys for Tron 3? I would give anything for a Quorra hot toy.

NEO0MJ

Don't think I posted my collection here. Been doing some rearranging/cleaning of my collection and felt like taking pictures of it after the act. Wish I had a better camera but oh well.

Should have taken a second look at some photos before uploading them. Lesson for the future.

Enilced2

Anyone else find this dynamic figure stand a load of hot garbage? Default height is flying and I just want him to stand and I can't seem to get it without it make it look like he is just leaning foward... this frustration is almost enough to me make me regret buying this iron man hot toy

Don't think I posted my collection here. Been doing some rearranging/cleaning of my collection and felt like taking pictures of it after the act. Wish I had a better camera but oh well.

Should have taken a second look at some photos before uploading them. Lesson for the future.
Glorious Mecha collection, congratz
Specially jelly of your Big-O

The SOC is a solid choice, you need Figma Roger Smith too!
Speaking of Figma, GSC did what I feared and has officially delayed Figma Solid Snake untill June,
Vader_no.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Figma, GSC did what I feared and has officially delayed Figma Solid Snake untill June,
Vader_no.jpg

Snake?

SNAKE?!

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

3N16MA

Banned
That BvS Hot Toys Batman is going to be killer with the new batsuit. Yes, I'm talking about a figure from a film that is still 11 months out.

Rootbeer

Banned
That BvS Hot Toys Batman is going to be killer with the new batsuit. Yes, I'm talking about a figure from a film that is still 11 months out.

... dammit

ya know i have resisted AOU hot toys becuase i think the smaller figures from other companies like bandai suit me just fine, but i might be forced to get the BvS Batman & Supes... because that suit is like the real life version of what the Jim Lee Batman suit would look like, it's pretty incredible

Maybe I'll do:
(Hot Toys)
BvS Batman
BvS Superman
BvS Bruce Wayne (if they do one)
BvS Batmobile... screw the tumbler, never liked it's look. But this one is damn nice.
and to round it off...
Suicide Squad Joker

Gonna start saving :p

3N16MA

Banned
... dammit

ya know i have resisted AOU hot toys becuase i think the smaller figures from other companies like bandai suit me just fine, but i might be forced to get the BvS Batman & Supes... because that suit is like the real life version of what the Jim Lee Batman suit would look like, it's pretty incredible

Maybe I'll do:
(Hot Toys)
BvS Batman
BvS Superman
BvS Bruce Wayne (if they do one)
BvS Batmobile... screw the tumbler, never liked it's look. But this one is damn nice.
and to round it off...
Suicide Squad Joker

Gonna start saving :p

Got to get Harley.

NateDog

Vader_no.jpg

Lucina was delayed too. Now I have 3 or 4 for June although none for May which isn't too bad.

Cloud Play Arts KAI was pushed up from then to this month and AmiAmi just asked me for payment for it which helps I suppose.

Rootbeer

Banned
*edit* I had my question answered in FigureGAF, thanks all.

Sigh. Lucina delayed.

Okay can someone help me with question?

I have Lucina ordered but I bundled her into my amiami April order. The other 3 items do not appear to be delayed... I hope. 1 of those 3 is already 'in stock' just waiting on news of the other 2

How does this work?

Do I have to pay for all 4 of the items to get them to ship my April order? Or will I not have to pay for Lucina until June now?

I am thinking of contacting amiami and asking them to remove lucina from that april order and placing her in a new june order... is that the best way to do this?

NateDog

*edit* I had my question answered in FigureGAF, thanks all.

Sigh. Lucina delayed.

Okay can someone help me with question?

I have Lucina ordered but I bundled her into my amiami April order. The other 3 items do not appear to be delayed... I hope. 1 of those 3 is already 'in stock' just waiting on news of the other 2

How does this work?

Do I have to pay for all 4 of the items to get them to ship my April order? Or will I not have to pay for Lucina until June now?

I am thinking of contacting amiami and asking them to remove lucina from that april order and placing her in a new june order... is that the best way to do this?

If the other 2 come into stock for this month and aren't delayed, you'll be asked to pay for all 3 as one order. You won't have to pay for all 4 at once that's for sure, you'll get a (probably late) email saying whatever figure(s) has been delayed and that this will be taken into account, etc.

If you actually go to the "Combine Monthly Order" section you'll see it'll say that Lucina is in June now, so if you already have another figure marked for June, for example, it'll bundle her in with that now. So for example I had an Alter statue that's out in June alone in the June order, now it has that figure, Snake and Lucina for June.

dankir

These are already out? Ugh.

In Hong Kong only. Only something like 600 units were made. You have to go through sideshow directly if you want one Stateside.

This is the third AoU HT figure released already, Mark 43, Cap and War Machine MK 2.0. They won't reach NA until like June July so don't worry.

Rootbeer

Banned
If the other 2 come into stock for this month and aren't delayed, you'll be asked to pay for all 3 as one order. You won't have to pay for all 4 at once that's for sure, you'll get a (probably late) email saying whatever figure(s) has been delayed and that this will be taken into account, etc.

If you actually go to the "Combine Monthly Order" section you'll see it'll say that Lucina is in June now, so if you already have another figure marked for June, for example, it'll bundle her in with that now. So for example I had an Alter statue that's out in June alone in the June order, now it has that figure, Snake and Lucina for June.

I'm learning stuff!

They already unbundled her for me and sent me the e-mail about it, i'm glad their system is flexible in this way... because it sure isn't flexible in other ways (such as cancelling orders o_O)

^lol Amiami knows you best, don't fight it.

Anybody else ordered a Figuarts Vader? They have started to hit the streets in Japan, no word from amiami about shipping them yet though.

Rootbeer

Banned
yeah my order contains SHF Vader, Iron Man Mk 43 and Stormtrooper.

I kinda wish I hadn't ordered Mk 43 since I also ended up ordering Mk 45... guess you can't have too many Iron Men though

I hate this thread...and the internet in general.

Ended up ordering a bunch of SHFiguarts; God Goku, Gold Frieza, Vegetto, Gohan, Ult.Gohan, SSJGoku, all of The Avengers (War Machine II, too)...

I was supposed to stop at just normal Goku and normal Vegeta. But the way Trunks and Frieza shot up in price, I cannot risk it!

I hate this thread, and I hate the internet.

I hate myself
for having awesome interests

Top Bottom