• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

So went to Walmart for the first time in forever, saw Black Series Bossk and couldn't help myself, then saw Captain Marvel and grabbed her too.

Bossk is great, first Black Series figure I've bought since Bespin Luke, makes me wish I would have grabbed a ROTJ Luke. Captain Marvel has two left hands so I'm bummed about that, seems like a nice figure otherwise.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So went to Walmart for the first time in forever, saw Black Series Bossk and couldn't help myself, then saw Captain Marvel and grabbed her too.

Bossk is great, first Black Series figure I've bought since Bespin Luke, makes me wish I would have grabbed a ROTJ Luke. Captain Marvel has two left hands so I'm bummed about that, seems like a nice figure otherwise.

Bossk is my favorite figure in a long time. I love the character and it's nice that he got a solid figure. Even has jaw articulation!

Bloodember

UK? What shipping methods/instructions?

It's pot luck. Sometimes I'll get it, sometimes I won't. Shipping type makes a difference. UPS is guaranteed, for example, Registered Airmail is mostly luck. SAL is minimal.

Depends on value of item as well, of course. For smaller stuff (CDs, games) it's been okay. For bigger models, big LE games then yeah, chances increase.
US, figures I normally use EMS, it costs more but it gets here quickly, normally 3-5 days, and the package is never destroyed. CD's I've used air mail and gotten in a week or two. Never used SAL, just don't trust it, too many horror stories.

Drayco21

Bought my first ever DC Collectible today; just couldn't help but bring Arrow's Deathstroke home with me. Can't take any pictures until the end of the semester or anything, but I'm pleasantly surprised by him- he's not quite Legends articulated, but he's pretty close, and he looks fantastic. I thought I could resist, but I'm going to get sucked in deep on this line, I think.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Bought my first ever DC Collectible today; just couldn't help but bring Arrow's Deathstroke home with me. Can't take any pictures until the end of the semester or anything, but I'm pleasantly surprised by him- he's not quite Legends articulated, but he's pretty close, and he looks fantastic. I thought I could resist, but I'm going to get sucked in deep on this line, I think.

I POSTED MY PICTURES ALREADY, KID.
ir6w9XP.jpg

Let me help you out of that resisting rut:

Arrow - $16.73
Flash - $18.70

I made you a promise, kid. I'd make you buy some figures.

Bloodember

They may not have as much articulation but they look a hell of a lot better, most legends figures look like ass.

NateDog

US, figures I normally use EMS, it costs more but it gets here quickly, normally 3-5 days, and the package is never destroyed. CD's I've used air mail and gotten in a week or two. Never used SAL, just don't trust it, too many horror stories.

I've actually had that a few times myself. When I order by EMS weirdly enough I seem to avoid customs, but when I pick any variation of SAL or Airmail I seem to always get caught.

I've heard you don't pay sales tax on action figures in the U.S. Could be wrong of course.

I have a confession: I pre-ordered him too. I'm such a sucker :(

But but, I've heard about him and I remember watching live action adaptation of it a few years ago. That counts as being a fan, right? :/

I really want this and all I've seen is a few clips of Battle of The Planets years ago. Never watched Gatchaman.

Do I have a problem? :p

Replicant

I really want this and all I've seen is a few clips of Battle of The Planets years ago. Never watched Gatchaman.

Do I have a problem? :p

Not at all. I'm the same. I only know Gatchaman from Tatsunoko vs Capcom and that I used to like this show called Voltes V and I knew then Gatchaman was equally popular.

Not at all. I'm the same. I only know Gatchaman from Tatsunoko vs Capcom and that I used to like this show called Voltes V and I knew then Gatchaman was equally popular.

Glad to know I'm not the only one :D It's just such a cool design, regardless of whether you like the source material. It's not No. 1 on my list but if I have some spare cash I'll definitely consider it.

Glad to know I'm not the only one :D It's just such a cool design, regardless of whether you like the source material. It's not No. 1 on my list but if I have some spare cash I'll definitely consider it.

I grew up watching the original early 70's version on tv (In USA the show was heavy edited) so I am very attached to this franchise, I recommend when you have the time to track and buy the Gatchaman blu-rays the restoration is fantastic and it goes on sale from time to time so you can get it for a good price.

However, since Gatchaman has a lot of episodes, you can always just watch the mid 90's OVAs, they are pretty good and at least it helps you familiarize with the Gatchaman universe.
More figures from team Gatchaman are coming, next one is Joe The Condor if I am not mistaken.

I grew up watching the original early 70's version on tv (In USA the show was heavy edited) so I am very attached to this franchise, I recommend when you have the time to track and buy the Gatchaman blu-rays the restoration is fantastic and it goes on sale from time to time so you can get it for a good price.

However, since Gatchaman has a lot of episodes, you can always just watch the mid 90's OVAs, they are pretty good and at least it helps you familiarize with the Gatchaman universe.
More figures from team Gatchaman are coming, next one is Joe The Condor if I am not mistaken.
I'll do that, getting familarized with the source material always makes these buying decisions easier :p No but seriously, it is something I've been meaning to check out at some point. Thanks for the recommendations :)

You went for just Strike Suit? I got the 2 pack and was surprised that I ended up loving the civilian cap more

Yeah. I wasn't interested in the civilian get-up though now I do wish it came with the civilian Chris Evans head. If I can get that on Ebay for a relatively decent price I may grab it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Arrow Deathstroke photoshoot

My name is Oliver Queen. After two seasons and an awful third season that boarders on self-insert fan fiction, I've finally gotten my own figure. I am also only $16 on Amazon right now, so preorder me. Preorder Barry as well. He's a good kid.

Unfortunately, much like the third season I was broken from the get-go. I don't know why I didn't just use a simple peg for my quiver instead of a slim groove glued to the plastic.
Nothing climbing my salmon ladder repeatedly couldn't fix.
2MqYKjx.png

I also picked up Black Manta at an insane clearance price. Been wanting him for a LONG time!

Replicant

Why is Sideshow is being such a weirdo about overseas ordering?

Last month I couldn't order Cap America AoU version because they claim they don't ship it to Australia. Then a week later that changed and I could order it.

Now they tell me that I can't order Iron Man Mark 3. This is such a weird-ass policy.

Flintty

If anyone missed that Mega Man X figure Kickstarter, it will be sold online. Currently it's only on Big Bad Toy Store, but will be sold on other sites like Amazon soon according to their Facebook post.

SUch a cool looking figure. I'm kinda bummed that I backed this and went for the blue one. I should have gone for teh exclusive variant and got the blue one later. I contacted them but they said I couldn't change my order. Bad form.

paolo11

Did anyone of you guys pre ordered the Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife AC version? They have not shipped my item yet and I pre ordered it the day they offered it. It's temporarily sold out in Amazon (where I preordered).

SUPARSTARX

Need SHF Freiza and Trunks reissues. Dub tee eff at some of these mark up prices. They're just SHF's!!!!!!!! Who the hell is paying Hot Toys prices for theseeeeeee?!?!?!?!

Need SHF Freiza and Trunks reissues. Dub tee eff at some of these mark up prices. They're just SHF's!!!!!!!! Who the hell is paying Hot Toys prices for theseeeeeee?!?!?!?!

Supply and demand?

1) Make a very limited quantity of a very popular character.
2) Make exclusive to one retailer
3)Never, never , never reissue the figure again.
4) Desperation of hardore fans and collectors kick in
5)????????????
6)Profit!!!! (like literally)

Supply and demand?

1) Make a very limited quantity of a very popular character.
2) Make exclusive to one retailer
3)Never, never , never reissue the figure again.
4) Desperation of hardore fans and collectors kick in
5)????????????
6)Profit!!!! (like literally)

Yeah but it's not like Bandai are making any money off the aftermarket. They're leaving money on the table by not reissuing them.

Zerojul

Yeah but it's not like Bandai are making any money off the aftermarket. They're leaving money on the table by not reissuing them.

Absolutely. I really have a hard time understanding why they don't re-release SHF Trunks, or SMC EX Saga, or their most successful SOC, or God knows how many other products like that, at least when those products are part of an ongoing line. It's money lost, pure and simple.

Absolutely. I really have a hard time understanding why they don't re-release SHF Trunks, or SMC EX Saga, or their most successful SOC, or God knows how many other products like that, at least when those products are part of an ongoing line. It's money lost, pure and simple.

I know some people make the argument that some of these are exclusives so they don't want to piss off collectors who bought the first editions, but even things like SHF Gohan is an at exorbitant price and that wasn't an exclusive as far as I know. Even then I don't know how many people would be THAT upset by it, unless it was literally 'we've only made 1000 of these'.

Top Bottom