• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

1/6 Hot Toys ANH Luke and Leia Teased

11163742_821550714586130_5336616169564024758_n.jpg

11056441_821550724586129_6719718313719606710_n.jpg

hunchback

I was in but now I'm out, kind of. I canceled all of my Hot Toys preorders. It's impossible to keep up if you have multiple intrests. Especially if you want to afford other items.
I'll still be getting the Marvel Selects and other stuff. Much easier to keep up within reason. Has anyone seen a decent FF The Thing action figure? Marvel Select has one but the legs and feet look ridiculous. Yhe upper body is not too bad.

NateDog

I'm learning stuff!

They already unbundled her for me and sent me the e-mail about it, i'm glad their system is flexible in this way... because it sure isn't flexible in other ways (such as cancelling orders o_O)

Yeah I know, if you ask for cancellations only every once in a while they're fine. In fact to be honest they've been great to me. They've given me extensions on paying for orders too once or twice.

To anyone that has dealt with them lately, how are Nin-Nin lately out of curiosity? I found them a good few years back and felt like I was one of the only ones that knew about them and thought they were great although their customer service is certainly lacking, and I did have one incident of a package arriving to me almost completely drenched. Been mostly dealing with AmiAmi lately since I've avoided missing out on pre-orders.

eBay's probably your only option at this point.

That would be my last resource, I refuse to believe all stormtroopers made were already sold in the pre-order phase.
Usually a few days or weeks after release these figures are back in stock, usually of course, I know that for for figures in very very high demand is not always the case.

dankir

People in HK were able to purchase the limited edition Chocoolate version of the Stealth Mark 7. Figures are identical except for the text on the box, special base, T shirt and all. It's still referred to as Stealth Mark 7 in one of the pics.

11150981_1098438916836913_4053137010142430451_n.jpg

10521333_1098439143503557_8340784166285586508_n.jpg

11188365_1098439206836884_1825680342949360713_n.jpg

988520_1098439333503538_7725489626257806985_n.jpg

11156293_1098439366836868_5251833231312554882_n.jpg

11188267_1098439390170199_1358869735757222413_n.jpg

What would you guys say is the best Luke Skywalker figure out there right now?

Depends on what you want. The absolute best right now is the Hot Toys Bespin Luke figure set, but he's rather pricey. The Figuart ROTJ Luke looks pretty decent and much better than the Black Series equivalent.

3 3/4 inch you gotta go back to The Vintage Collection for a good Bespin Luke or ROTJ Luke.

CDJapan are saying the postage charge for Vader/Mk 43 I paid for isn't enough so I need to pay an extra 2700 Yen. WTF man, it isn't my fault you calculated it wrong!

Feel like cancelling my order, thanks to this they're gonna cost £50 each after customs.

CDjapan is the worst, I was preordering a figure the 2 weeks ago and at the checkout moment it told me it was sold out.

I ordered from them because I was told they were really good. Wish I hadn't now...

Am I in the wrong for thinking this is bollocks? Should I just pay it and learn my lesson?

Replicant

All those look pretty good, except for Luke, somethings wrong with his face.

I find that with most Japanese figure companies, you are better off not buying figures with human face because they rarely get it right. But anime face characters, characters hidden behind a mask/helmet, or anthromorphic character, they usually do great job at it.

Rootbeer

Banned
I find that with most Japanese figure companies, you are better off not buying figures with human face because they rarely get it right. But anime face characters, characters hidden behind a mask/helmet, or anthromorphic character, they usually do great job at it.

Absolutely true, of course there are exceptions like Hot Toys but that is a different thing from most figures which are usually smaller.

I wish Japan would take faces on their smaller figures more seriously. They could get a lot more sales.

I'm still getting SHF Luke to go with my Vader. And since Luke comes with an extra Head accssory for Vader... it kinda sealed the deal. My Hasbro 6" Black Series figures don't have great likenesses either, something I have to kind of deal with.

In my experience, CD Japan have been great. There are few places I give rave reviews on, CDJapan is one. They did lose something once, but sent a replacement (was not anything important). Their prices are decent and not as inflated as Play-Asia (who once used to be amazing). For general release items CD Japan are awesome. I don't think I've used them for any special order cases - that's where their prices are too steep for me.

I ordered my SHFig Mark 43 from them. I used a lower shipping, though but hadn't received any undercharged e-mail.

Amiami just stung with customs in the few times I used them, so I avoid them where I can, though other than customs my experience was excellent. Love their packaging!

Nowadays I go with this order;

CD Japan
NipponYasan/Nin-nin Games
Whatever else.

In my experience, CD Japan have been great. There are few places I give rave reviews on, CDJapan is one. They did lose something once, but sent a replacement (was not anything important). Their prices are decent and not as inflated as Play-Asia (who once used to be amazing). For general release items CD Japan are awesome. I don't think I've used them for any special order cases - that's where their prices are too steep for me.

I ordered my SHFig Mark 43 from them. I used a lower shipping, though but hadn't received any undercharged e-mail.

Amiami just stung with customs in the few times I used them, so I avoid them where I can, though other than customs my experience was excellent. Love their packaging!

CD Japan
Whatever else.
I'm glad to hear you've had good experiences with them, this has just left a sour taste in my mouth. I won't write them off completely, if I see something I want and it's in stock I'll probably buy it, but I don't think I'll be preordering from them anymore.

LiK

People in HK were able to purchase the limited edition Chocoolate version of the Stealth Mark 7. Figures are identical except for the text on the box, special base, T shirt and all. It's still referred to as Stealth Mark 7 in one of the pics.

11150981_1098438916836913_4053137010142430451_n.jpg

10521333_1098439143503557_8340784166285586508_n.jpg

11188365_1098439206836884_1825680342949360713_n.jpg

988520_1098439333503538_7725489626257806985_n.jpg

11156293_1098439366836868_5251833231312554882_n.jpg

11188267_1098439390170199_1358869735757222413_n.jpg

Chocoolate? What an odd name

NateDog

CDJapan are saying the postage charge for Vader/Mk 43 I paid for isn't enough so I need to pay an extra 2700 Yen. WTF man, it isn't my fault you calculated it wrong!

Feel like cancelling my order, thanks to this they're gonna cost £50 each after customs.

I have always had great service from CDJ myself. I used to just go with Nin-Nin before and now it's a mix of AmiAmi and CDJ but I'd still normally prefer CDJ for their customer service and shipping options, only thing I dislike is that they pre-charge you the whole price of your order when you pre-order anything and then put it back, I can never afford that so I tend to get cheaper, smaller stuff from them now. But I've made 5 orders with them of fairly varied stuff (CDs, figures, books) and have always had great service.

Rootbeer

Banned
The Guardians Legends boxset is up for pre-order on Entertainment Earth. Really unhappy with this price, but lord knows I'll pay it anyway for the only Star-Lord, Rocket and Gamora worth caring about.

HSB3679Rlg.jpg

!! IMPORTANT !!

use code marvel20 at checkout for 20% off this item.

In some states you will pay 0% sales tax at EE. Also you get free shipping on this item.

That helps with the price... but it's still very expensive. o_O

EE does not charge till it is in stock... it will be in stock in Aug... so if you think you want this, order now and you have over 3 months to think it over :p

Rootbeer

Banned
I came really close to getting Hot Toys Vader.

But hopefully they will do a RotJ Vader within the next couple years that has more features and swappable parts. The ANH version felt a little underwhelming to me.

I can't contain my excitement for SW merch this year though. Really can't wait to see all the Force Awakens stuff coming out.

3N16MA

Banned

I wanted this to be actual chocolate.

Messi

I wonder if we haven't seen hot toys and Avengers Age of Ultron spoilers (be warned)
Scarlet Witch because she has a new costume right at the end of the movie and revealing the hot toy with it might have been considered a spoiler? Or is it just Marvel being dicks to fox over merch stuff?

Bigbadtoystore has this up for like $99.

I NEED this to be cheaper and from Japan, F BBTS import prices.
They're probably just reselling orders from the Tamashii Web Store. Google it, every news source will tell you that it's a Tamashii Web Exclusive. It's highly unlikely that Amiami, HLJ and all the other favourite Japanese stores will be carrying it.

Drayco21

I wonder if we haven't seen hot toys and Avengers Age of Ultron spoilers (be warned)
Scarlet Witch because she has a new costume right at the end of the movie and revealing the hot toy with it might have been considered a spoiler? Or is it just Marvel being dicks to fox over merch stuff?

Hasbro got to make a MU-scale figure based on her first costume, but I think that's the only MCU Scarlet Witch figure that's out other than the inevitable Hot Toys, which is one more figure than we've seen for Quicksilver. Maybe they really are trying to keep their merchandise to a minimum.

Bloodember

CD Japan
Whatever else.
I've never had any problems with customs with any orders from Japan. Never had to pay any customs fees ever.

I've never had any problems with customs with any orders from Japan. Never had to pay any customs fees ever.

UK? What shipping methods/instructions?

It's pot luck. Sometimes I'll get it, sometimes I won't. Shipping type makes a difference. UPS is guaranteed, for example, Registered Airmail is mostly luck. SAL is minimal.

Depends on value of item as well, of course. For smaller stuff (CDs, games) it's been okay. For bigger models, big LE games then yeah, chances increase.

Top Bottom