• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

And speaking of DBZ SH Figuarts, hope this isn't too hard to get on the aftermarket. Looks great:

tSjBsA3.jpg

Did anyone of you guys pre ordered the Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife AC version? They have not shipped my item yet and I pre ordered it the day they offered it. It's temporarily sold out in Amazon (where I preordered).

Cloud was delayed, all distributors are waiting on him.

Absolutely. I really have a hard time understanding why they don't re-release SHF Trunks, or SMC EX Saga, or their most successful SOC, or God knows how many other products like that, at least when those products are part of an ongoing line. It's money lost, pure and simple.
Saga was recently confirmed by Bandai to be in no plans for re-release, at least for this year.
Bandai is interested in selling the new figures, but yeah, it would be so nice of they could re release some of the key figures.

Zerojul

I know some people make the argument that some of these are exclusives so they don't want to piss off collectors who bought the first editions
Yeah I've heard that argument too. I don't get it, really. A first edition is a first edition even when there's a second, third or tenth edition. I don't mind getting my figs from a tenth batch of reprint, if collectors want absolutely the first print because they think it has more value, good for them. All I'm saying is that Bandai could make good money reissuing some older stuff. The only ones this could piss off are the scalpers IMHO, not the collectors.

Yeah I've heard that argument too. I don't get it, really. A first edition is a first edition even when there's a second, third or tenth edition. I don't mind getting my figs from a tenth batch of reprint, if collectors want absolutely the first print because they think it has more value, good for them. All I'm saying is that Bandai could make good money reissuing some older stuff. The only ones this could piss off are the scalpers IMHO, not the collectors.

Oh yeah I absolutely agree with you, hell if they want to make it obvious with the packaging etc that it's not a first edition then go for it, I don't mind. I just want Trunks and SSJ Vegeta on my shelf with the rest of them.

Although pissing off scalpers is a silver lining :p

Zerojul

Saga was recently confirmed by Bandai to be in no plans for re-release, at least for this year.
Bandai is interested in selling the new figures, but yeah, it would be so nice of they could re release some of the key figures.

Yeah but you know me well enough by now to know that having a shot at getting regular SMC EX Saga wouldn't stop me from getting Soul of Gold Saga though :D

Oh yeah I absolutely agree with you, hell if they want to make it obvious with the packaging etc that it's not a first edition then go for it, I don't mind. I just want Trunks and SSJ Vegeta on my shelf with the rest of them.

Although pissing off scalpers is a silver lining :p

Amen to that ;)

Yeah but you know me well enough by now to know that having a shot at getting regular SMC EX Saga wouldn't stop me from getting Soul of Gold Saga though :D

Oh I know, you are a crazy hardcore fan, I'd love to have that Saga too and it wouldn't stop me for getting the new versions, Bandai knows we want a reissue but damn, their way of thinking and operating is mysterious and obtuse.

Zerojul

I'm beginning to regret passing on the SH Figuart Mark 43. Do AmiAmi or Hobbylinkjapan ever restock figures?

If Bandai ever does a rerun, they will. Amiami has a preowned section, too, but stuff there often come with a hefty mark up, and popular figures like that usually don't pop up so early in their lifespan.

God I hope Darth Maul isn't out of stock by the time I get home...

Speaking of Star Wars, I kinda want to pre order the Revoltech Boba Fett but knowing my luck Bandai will announce the Figuarts version as soon as I do.

Zerojul

Forget Maul. He's available plenty for those who want it. But I want Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster, God Damn It! Preorder has just been opened and it's already sold out everywhere? WTF?!!!

Fuck, I was so focused on getting Soul of Gold Aries Mu that I forgot about him. Guess I'll have to stick to my Super Robot Chogokin version for a good while longer :/

Seriously though guys, those Bandai preorder on incredibly limited quantities are very, very tiresome.

Edit : missed out on that Armored Valkyrie, too. Whelp :(

Replicant

Fuck, I was so focused on getting Soul of Gold Aries Mu that I forgot about him. Guess I'll have to stick to my Super Robot Chogokin version for a good while longer :/

Seriously though guys, those Bandai preorder on incredibly limited quantities are very, very tiresome.

LOLOLOL. I was too focused and confused with the variuos Seiya Aiolos figures too. FML. There's the 1/6 version then the 1/8 version. The different cloths, pandora boxes. How about Athena too? FML FML Why did I even get into this hobby?!

And yes, of course I didn't notice AmiAmi and others placing a huge notice about Gunbuster while I was busy doing the former. God, I hope there's some left by September. Fuckity Fuck Fuck.

dankir

Iron Whiplash / Whiplash 2.0 finally released! Holy hell this one took a while to come out

11168003_831853196898917_6605571481748842438_n.jpg

11196294_10152774150762344_8685540285179071200_n.jpg

10998079_10152774140602344_157372316921197639_o.jpg

1273535_10152774139937344_689680302248641961_o.jpg

11206630_10152774140897344_5854277138252949813_o.jpg

11108272_10152774143162344_8186609313196870430_n.jpg

11203539_10152774143632344_8270187875305731234_o.jpg

11060998_680980165361014_30487912223924325_n.jpg

Can't wait to finally get my hands on him,

Zerojul

I won't get that Whiplash because he's a pure MCU creation, but boy does he look awesome. And it's a point of detail, but I absolutely love the boxes of the Diecast line. Very elegant.

dankir

I won't get that Whiplash because he's a pure MCU creation, but boy does he look awesome. And it's a point of detail, but I absolutely love the boxes of the Diecast line. Very elegant.

Yeah and his articulation is awesome, the diecast line is great. Can't wait to add him to my Mark 42, War Machine 2.0, War Machine AoU and Iron Patriot.

There is going to be soooooooooooooooooooooooo many HT figures from AoU its crazy.

Finally, I was able to get my freaking Soul of Gold Aries Mu from Anime Island, from now on I am getting all my Soul of Gold figures from there, since I am in Canada there is no point for me to wake up at 4 am to pre-order in Japanese sites, first they never respect the the starting time, I woke up a 3:30 am and they were already sold out everywhere, I can't compete with Chinese scalpers hammering the sites for pre-orders and European Saint Seiya Fans since they can start early refreshing the sites, me I would have to be awake the whole night F5'ing like crazy.
It pays off to be a Saint Seiya fan in North America, Anime Island is based in USA so their pre-orders start at my time zone and since nobody knows what Saint Seiya is in North America I can pre-order calmly while sipping my coffee.

Zerojul

It pays off to be a Saint Seiya fan in North America, Anime Island is based in USA so their pre-orders start at my time zone and since nobody knows what Saint Seiya is in North America I can pre-order calmly while sipping my coffee.

Yeah, that's right. Here (France) everybody and his mother know Saint Seiya. Heck, my own mother used to watch the anime with me back in the days ;)
The thirst for Soul of Gold is real, though, I'm glad they finally managed to do something really successful and true to the original series to renew the IP, more figures to come, yeah !! :D

Yeah, that's right. Here (France) everybody and his mother know Saint Seiya. Heck, my own mother used to watch the anime with me back in the days ;)
The thirst for Soul of Gold is real, though, I'm glad they finally managed to do something really successful and true to the original series to renew the IP, more figures to come, yeah !! :D

Yeah I am happy too for this revival after that Omega piece of trash, interesting times we are living in, SS is back full force with a new series and a PS4/PC game, Dragon Ball gets a new movie and TV series (both canon), I just need a new Rurouni Kenshin TV series and I am golden :D

Darth Maul available at CD Japan. Orders closed on HLJ, nippon-yasan and amiami.

Decided to order Superman - Injustice as well. Not really a big fan of this design, or Injustice in general, but I'd like a Figuarts Supes (and he's limited). Just wish they'd use a better design, same for Batman (not planning to buy him).

Hope they do a few more heroes based on comic designs rather than movie or game inspired. Spidey, Wolverine, Nightwing, Shazam, oh the possibilities!

Darth Maul available at CD Japan. Orders closed on HLJ, nippon-yasan and amiami.

Decided to order Superman - Injustice as well. Not really a big fan of this design, or Injustice in general, but I'd like a Figuarts Supes (and he's limited). Just wish they'd use a better design, same for Batman (not planning to buy him).

Hope they do a few more heroes based on comic designs rather than movie or game inspired. Spidey, Wolverine, Nightwing, Shazam, oh the possibilities!

Where did you order Superman?

How much did that set you back? Also did you ever get the Binaltech/Alternators version? That was a great modern version of him.

$115 plus $25 for the case. Never had the Binaltech version as I wasnt collecting back then. Thought about getting it but as soon as I saw there was hope of getting an Masterpiece version of Hound I figured Id wait for that instead.

You guys have any recommendations for some good evangelion figures? Im looking for any of the eva units, and I guess I would say my budget is around $40-$70.

Zerojul

You guys have any recommendations for some good evangelion figures? Im looking for any of the eva units, and I guess I would say my budget is around $40-$70.

If you manage to grab one, I'd suggest this :

ban941839_0.jpg

I have the older Soul of Chogokin ones, but I believe they are discontinued. This one has better poseability and a slicker sculpt all around.

There were quite a few revoltech ones, awesome poseabiltiy and samller scale, slightly cheaper.

If you're into those, there are some good Bandai model kits out there too, detail level is somewhere between 1/100 and MG gunla if you're familiar with those.

All of the above are/were somewhere in your price range AFAIK. The tricky part will be to find them at retail price now.

dankir

One more to go! Rumors is that they will unveil the official Drax figure soon. Hopefully there's still Ronan and Yondu coming.

11174210_983266048380364_7321180312797041963_o.jpg

Zerojul

One more to go! Rumors is that they will unveil the official Drax figure soon. Hopefully there's still Ronan and Yondu coming.

11174210_983266048380364_7321180312797041963_o.jpg
This shot is absolutely amazing. I'm still on the fence about Gamora but if Drax turns out good I'll feel compelled to get him and Gamora to complete the team. So I hope for my wallet's sake he sucks
not really

dankir

This shot is absolutely amazing. I'm still on the fence about Gamora but if Drax turns out good I'll feel compelled to get him and Gamora to complete the team. So I hope for my wallet's sake he sucks
not really

There's still Thanos coming next year, I hope some of the secondary characters get their own releases too.,

Top Bottom