• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Zerojul

There's still Thanos coming next year, I hope some of the secondary characters get their own releases too.,

Well as awesome as he looks I may skip Thanos this time because, you know, we'll see him again soon-ish, with the one accessory he needs to really be Thanos we know and love.
But Ronan would be bought so hard.

Anyone have Black Series Chewie? He's on offer on Amazon UK for Star Wars day. Was thinking of getting him - then again there'll be a new version for the Force Awakens if those leaked prototypes were anything to go by.

Messi

I am praying Hot Toys has the Suicide Squad license. I need a figure of Margot Robbie Harley and Will Smith Deadshot. Possibly Joker.

Finally we get a Dean Ambrose figure that actually looks like him!

LCc31t7.jpg

dankir

I am praying Hot Toys has the Suicide Squad license. I need a figure of Margot Robbie Harley and Will Smith Deadshot. Possibly Joker.

Yeah Hot Toys will be getting all the big properties for sure. I can't wait to see the different Batman figures they're going to release next year.

Standard Batman
PowerSuit Batman

and supposedly he has a third suit right?

Suicide Squad 1/6 figures depends on how the movie does I guess. I'm sure we'll get Joker, Harley and Deadshot or whatever WIll Smiths character is lol.

Messi

Yeah Hot Toys will be getting all the big properties for sure. I can't wait to see the different Batman figures they're going to release next year.

Standard Batman
PowerSuit Batman

and supposedly he has a third suit right?

Suicide Squad 1/6 figures depends on how the movie does I guess. I'm sure we'll get Joker, Harley and Deadshot or whatever WIll Smiths character is lol.

I'd say we get those 3 regardless of how the movie does. We know it wont fail out the gate due to people just wanting to see Joker and then Harley to a lesser extent.

Batman figures and Superman are a given.

Got some new Figmas in.

Akagi is one of the worst Figmas I have so far. Her posability sucks there are quality issues. Her flight deck doesn't stay on and she doesn't hold the arrow well.

Kaga however fixes all the issues I have with Akagi. She has better posability and she holds the arrows. Plus her paint is better.

You can't have one without the other though.

My whole fleet so far.

Oh....my...god. What do you think retail will be on that?

I imagine itd be in the same ballpark as the Cap STRIKE Suit two pack (which is stunning and everyone should buy it).

I can't help but feel the face sculpt just hasnt quite nailed Keaton's likeness. It'll probably get tweaked before release. What I'm excited about it what or who else is in the Batman Returns line...this is going to get expensive.

JLynn

Absolutely. I really have a hard time understanding why they don't re-release SHF Trunks, or SMC EX Saga, or their most successful SOC, or God knows how many other products like that, at least when those products are part of an ongoing line. It's money lost, pure and simple.

In the case of the DBZ SHF, all were JP web exclusives with the exception of SS Goku and Piccolo. The US is the only country where all the DBZ figures were easily available at one time. Bandai Japan doesn't reissue JP web exclusives which is why they've reissued SS Goku and Piccolo multiple times but didn't do the same with figures such as SS Vegeta and Future Trunks.

Zerojul

In the case of the DBZ SHF, all were JP web exclusives with the exception of SS Goku and Piccolo. The US is the only country where all the DBZ figures were easily available at one time. Bandai Japan doesn't reissue JP web exclusives which is why they've reissued SS Goku and Piccolo multiple times but didn't do the same with figures such as SS Vegeta and Future Trunks.

Absolutely and I think we are all well aware of that, but the question here is why. Hence the idea of maybe changing the packaging or a few accessories on the reissues to keep the "value" of the premium/web exclusives/first print/whatever and make substantial money by selling figures that would definitely sell well.

JLynn

Lol true enough :D Their scalping skills are top notch though :p

I consider it payback for Gaijin who travel to Japan to snatch their good retro games, and their women (Not like they're doing anything worthwile with either of them nowadays.)

But I digress.

Still amazed about the markup in price of the Pink MMPR and the Mattel Hulk Hogan figure.

dangeROSS

Man the detail on those Hot Toys stuff is just nuts. Amazing what they can do.

I never really got into the Jurassic Park figures when they came out back in the day. Which is somewhat surprising considering I was huge into Dinosaurs growing up. I sort of wish I had at the time. I still have a T-rex from the first movie but he's missing the little exposed skin part covering his battle damage. To this day I consider it a well done representation of the Dino.

Over the past two months or so I have picked up some new Marvel Legends. Some really great strides have been made by Hasbro as of late.

dUXnQKIl.jpg

X0CjsDLl.jpg

bSGk3kll.jpg

jujlbpkl.jpg

wg0VsQbl.jpg

Kob0pOxl.jpg

Got a Black Series 6" Darth Vader for retail price today. Great figure, no real complaints, especially considering that I didn't have to pay a ridiculous price.

Did you guys see what the Black Series Darth Maul is going for? Jeez.

Got a Black Series 6" Darth Vader for retail price today. Great figure, no real complaints, especially considering that I didn't have to pay a ridiculous price.

Did you guys see what the Black Series Darth Maul is going for? Jeez.

I like Vader but his helmet's a bit off in my opinion.

dankir

So, so good. Now I need to get a Gamora too, no matter what :/

Tell me about it, just got my Starlord and Mk3 construction. Should have Gamora coming in two weeks and I got Groot and Rocket on PO but it all depends when it arrives with my distributor.

YJP3Rf7.jpg

Top Bottom