• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I woke up today feeling a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced, weird, maybe just my imagination...

LOL not at all. MFC will keep everyone together that wants to stay together, and you guys get to pretend this thread actually matters now.

Not that it doesn't to you guys who use it, and I'm not trying to be mean, but my home on gaf for the last 8 1/2 years is gone and I have very little reason to stick around now.

javac

I forgot that this thread even existed! A bit late, but I pre-ordered this:
626o2y4.png

d7UaAth.jpg

3QoswF8.jpg

9lk89MK.jpg

HiWOz9Q.jpg
Hopefully robots are all good in here, very excited for this! :)

antibolo

Banned
So I assume figmas and Nendoroids are legit material here since they are action figures after all?

Or are they only allowed if they are of western IPs or Nintendo?

Just trying to understand the exact rules now that an entire aspect of figures is no longer allowed to exist on GAF while another still is.

LOL not at all. MFC will keep everyone together that wants to stay together, and you guys get to pretend this thread actually matters now.

daaaaaaaamn-o.gif

Not that it doesn't to you guys who use it, and I'm not trying to be mean, but my home on gaf for the last 8 1/2 years is gone and I have very little reason to stick around now.

For what is worth, I didn't have anything to do with it, I am not that petty, I wish you all guys good luck, specially you Baka, you are such a formidable collector and a fellow Berserk fan.
You know we post here Hot Toys figures and articulated figures in general that you collect as well, feel free to stop by every now and then if you wish, but I understand if you don't want to, good speed Baka, all the best for you.

Going to be a GOOD week. Have like 5 hot toys on the way. Captain Harlock, Man of Steel Superman, The Winter Soldier, Lone Ranger Tonto (free), and reeves Evil Superman. :D a nice b day surprise to myself.

I forgot that this thread even existed! A bit late, but I pre-ordered this:

Hopefully robots are all good in here, very excited for this! :)

You bastard, that's the holy grail of SOC, congratz. I've heard is already sold out again. I have the poor man's version of it (SRC).

So I assume figmas and Nendoroids are legit material here since they are action figures after all?

Just trying to understand the exact rules now that an entire aspect of figures is no longer allowed to exist on GAF while another still is.

Of course, I love Japanese articulated figures, I personally collect Figmas and Figuarts among others, feel free to post any articulated figure you are interested in or have.

pretty much anything besides lewd statues is fine

javac

You bastard, that's the holy grail of SOC, congratz. I've heard is already sold out again. I have the poor man's version of it (SRC).

Haha, thanks! It's holy grail indeed! Was always after the original SoC version, so I almost had a heart attack when I found out about this! I too own the SRC version, it's a cool figure! Still need to get the Effort and Guts set for it however, one day :)

So, this is exactly like FigureGAF then?

It's not like FigureGAF actually allowed lewd figures to begin with.

So why is this thread still allowed to exist then?

You are free to contribute to this thread, with your articulated figures, you are welcome, it seems however that this is not your intent and you are just mad because FigureGAF got shut down, if you feel that we shouldn't exist, please PM a mod explaining your reasons.

curb

Banned

The OP for this thread talks about how FigureGAF has become much more Japanese and somewhat statue focused. This thread was created to be more about posable figures with a bit more of a western focus.

LiK

all poseable figures are fine here, imo. but you know, take the rules seriously from what happened in FigureGAF and all is good.

Einbroch

Banned
AFGAF is fine, I don't see why FGAF should feel the need to attack members of another community. AFGAF is more in line with what the mods think is appropriate, and while FGAF may disagree, that doesn't give us the right to come in and shit up their thread.

We all like stupid toys.

Wanderer5

Because it hasn't gone that far in terms of lewdness lol? Come on, don't be like that. I think personally as long as they don't go head in that territory, japanese action figures should be allowed here. Like hey here the shipgirl I have, where she not really that lewd at all and is great!

DSCN0532_zpsed6e2694.jpg

antibolo

Banned
all poseable figures are fine here, imo. but you know, take the rules seriously from what happened in FigureGAF and all is good.

What about scales? I'm seeing scales in this thread.

It's hard to take rules seriously when they're not really defined in any consistent way.

For the record I never liked lewd figures, and don't own any.

Rootbeer

Banned
Action Figure GAF had zero involvement in what went down at FigureGAF. Sorry, but we are not going down with that ship. We set sail on a different course when this thread was created.

Please join us if you will.

Wanderer5

What about scales? I'm seeing scales in this thread.

It's hard to take rules seriously when they're not really defined in any consistent way.

Well unless the community wants to change it, this has really been a thread about articulated figures as it says in the title, so in a way those scale figures shouldn't really be here.

Because it hasn't gone that far in terms of lewdness lol? Come on, don't be like that. I think personally as long as they don't go head in that territory, japanese action figures should be allowed here. Like hey here the shipgirl I have, where she not really that lewd at all and is great!

DSCN0532_zpsed6e2694.jpg

Of course they are allowed, I am not into Nendos myself, mostly because I know they are fairly cheap and then you want to get them all, that's why I haven't bought the Link Nendo.

Like I said, I collect a lot of action figures from Japan, but mostly from Shonen shows and Mechas.

Wanderer5

Of course they are allowed, I am not into Nendos myself, mostly because I know they are fairly cheap and then you want to get them all, that's why I haven't bought the Link Nendo.

Like I said, I collect a lot of action figures from Japan, but mostly from Shonen shows and Mechas.

Ha ha I know that feeling, but fortunately I trimmed down the nendo list again and again to just a couple, and suck it up that I won't get most of the ones that I might want.XD

L95

It seems it is my destiny to now lurk in this thread...!

Gee, I hope the Lucina Figma is actually released next month.

LiK

it's a slippery slope to say all Japanese figures aren't allowed. we won't be getting badass mechs or Kamen Rider/Ultraman/Godzilla/Nintendo etc figures in here if that's the case. I mean, if you're not sure ask a mod. I think if they're poseable then it should be alright. and of course, keep out the NSFW stuff.

Wanderer5

I feeling like I going to regret waiting on Lucina for a Anime AX thing.XD Don't think I going to do something similar with Sherlock Hound.

I feeling like I going to regret waiting on Lucina for a Anime AX thing.XD Don't think I going to do something similar with Sherlock Hound.

Dat Sherlock Hound is going to sell out quick I am telling you, the show was HUGE in Europe, heck I vaguely remember the show but I want one too, I think his wagon is getting released too. But knowing GSC he might till be a good year away from release, I am still waiting on the Figma Femto and the rest of the God Hand that they showed like 2 years ago... :(

kewlmyc

Not sure why what was posted before was posted, but most of FigureGAF doesn't have any beef with Action Figure GAF, at least to my knowledge.

Would post more in here, but the only posable figures I have are nendos.

it's a slippery slope to say all Japanese figures aren't allowed. we won't be getting badass mechs or Kamen Rider/Ultraman/Godzilla/Nintendo etc figures in here if that's the case. I mean, if you're not sure ask a mod. I think if they're poseable then it should be alright. and of course, keep out the NSFW stuff.

I figured (no pun intended) that anything that was articulated was allowed in here (except NSFW things of course) and FigureGAF was more just for statues. There's plenty of people in here who collect import figures and as far as I knew Nendo's and Figma were fair game.

I figured (no pun intended) that anything that was articulated was allowed in here (except NSFW things of course) and FigureGAF was more just for statues. There's plenty of people in here who collect import figures and as far as I knew Nendo's and Figma were fair game.

They are, I collect them myself and post them regularly here, I am dumping silly pics of Figma Snake as soon it comes out.
Also waiting for my Sentinel Casshern and Ken the Eagle from Gatchaman, pics of those are coming for sure oh and my Saint Seiya figures as well of course.

NEO0MJ

Not that it matters now, but this was never true at all. Lots of nendo/figma talk in there along with SS/HT collectors and mecha fans and even model builders chiming in on occasion.

Yeah, but statues and nendos were the main talking points most of the time.

Hey, I posted here before!

Flintty

Not much to say other than a big WELCOME to the FGAF refugees. You and all of your articulated figures are welcome here. Please share your photos, that is the fun part! I love looking at AFGAF pictures.

I haven't shared for a while, so here's a pic of my HT Starboost Ironman :)

LM03mis.jpg

Not much to say other than a big WELCOME to the FGAF refugees. You and all of your articulated figures are welcome here. Please share your photos, that is the fun part! I love looking at AFGAF pictures.

Well said and I echo the sentiment

LM03mis.jpg

Ohhh beautiful!! BTW did you get your Figuart Vader and Storm Troopers? how are they? mine should be here any moment now...

Flintty

Well said and I echo the sentiment

Ohhh beautiful!! BTW did you get your Figuart Vader and Storm Troopers? how are they? mine should be here any moment now...

Thanks!

Yes I got them and they are so good! They are in their boxes as I have no storage space (looking for a new cabinet currently) but I did get them out to check on them. They look amazing! The articulation on the trooper is a bit poor because of the armour but I'm happy to accept that because he looks awesome and ti be honest, I never saw a trooper do yoga!

I think I'll go get them out for a photo shoot right now!

LM03mis.jpg

man that looks awesome. I sort of want one Iron Man suit and I can't decide between that one and HeartBreaker

Also I was wonder for any of you guys who collect figures in the 6-7 inch range on how you display your collectibles and if you can post pics. I re-did my room but I'm having a hard time finding a classy when to display them. I may end up just keeping all of em in boxes and just stick with just displaying Hot Toys if I can't think of anything

Wanderer5

Dat Sherlock Hound is going to sell out quick I am telling you, the show was HUGE in Europe, heck I vaguely remember the show but I want one too, I think his wagon is getting released too. But knowing GSC he might till be a good year away from release, I am still waiting on the Figma Femto and the rest of the God Hand that they showed like 2 years ago... :(

I actually quite amazed that there is already a prototype of him. At this rate, maybe early next year.

LM03mis.jpg

That's still my favorite suit and figure. Sadly I don't have room to set mine up so he stays in the box for now.

Flintty

man that looks awesome. I sort of want one Iron Man suit and I can't decide between that one and HeartBreaker

That's still my favorite suit and figure. Sadly I don't have room to set mine up so he stays in the box for now.

He is a great figure. I told myself I would only ever need one Ironman and that would be a 'traditional' suit. That is the Diecast MKII I have on order. But I saw this and it's so different, I fel in love with it.

And then the Stealth MKVII came from nowhere and forced me, literally threatened me into buying it!! lol.

I feel the pain with displays though. I have no room for my growing collection. Hence the hunt for a huge double glass cabinet :D

Here are the S.H Figuarts Star Wars figures. I really need that second trooper!

Qh0vq51.jpg

hPUIoxE.jpg

Failure will not be tolerated!

wmwHJCP.jpg

ECJXym3.jpg

DVCZH6t.jpg

Lord Vader, that was Padme in a Trooper suit!
kVsFmHn.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
c6IPsQO.jpg

e5b7wRh.jpg

Replicant

Also I was wonder for any of you guys who collect figures in the 6-7 inch range on how you display your collectibles and if you can post pics. I re-did my room but I'm having a hard time finding a classy when to display them. I may end up just keeping all of em in boxes and just stick with just displaying Hot Toys if I can't think of anything

6-7 inch is around 17cm? So that'd be close to Figma line? I personally mix and match my figures so I'm not sure if that'd work for you. It works for me mostly. I put the tall and heavy figures like Robot stuff at the bottom shelf just to be safe. Here's my Detolf (Ikea's $135 glass case panel):

EDIT: Damn, those SHFiguarts Vader/Trooper actually look good. Mine is still at HLJ warehouse as I haven't been bothered to ship them. I actually bought them due to hype for Star Wars movie more than anything else but glad to know it's actually good quality.

Drayco21

Aw man, I drifted more towards this side of the fence during the original split in the Marvel Legends thread, but I never wanted to see FigureGAF go; much less like that. Sorry guys.

In happier news, I'm moved back in for the summer, which means I can start taking pictures of figures to actually post again. Hopefully I'll find that Legends Daredevil and Spider-Woman before the Hulkbuster wave hits.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Those Jurassic World dinos seem underwhelming beyond the Indominus. Was hoping for a return to form of dino damage quality. At least they ought to rerelease the old ones kinda like MMPR has been doing.

He is a great figure. I told myself I would only ever need one Ironman and that would be a 'traditional' suit. That is the Diecast MKII I have on order. But I saw this and it's so different, I fel in love with it.

And then the Stealth MKVII came from nowhere and forced me, literally threatened me into buying it!! lol.

I feel the pain with displays though. I have no room for my growing collection. Hence the hunt for a huge double glass cabinet :D

Yeah, when I bought Starboost, I told myself that was going to be the only one. I now have 5 Hot Toys Iron Man figures, a couple more preordered, and I have 4 tabs open on Sideshow right now that I'm about to pull the trigger on. pls help.

curb

Banned
Yeah, when I bought Starboost, I told myself that was going to be the only one. I now have 5 Hot Toys Iron Man figures, a couple more preordered, and I have 4 tabs open on Sideshow right now that I'm about to pull the trigger on. pls help.

From what I've seen, that seems to be a running trend among Hot Toys owners.

dankir

When everyone else says that they're talking about a $10 Funko POP. When you say it you're talking about a $200+ Hot Toy.

Seriously, nice collection.

Thanks thats just the Iron Man collection, I got other Marvel (Avengers, Captain American) and Batman figures too that I collect.

LiK

Here's a simple rule of thumb: if there is something that you previously would've posted in FigureGAF, and you're wondering if since that thread is locked you should post it here instead, maybe don't.

figuarts and figmas should be fine tho right? i'll PM you examples when the time comes for approval. I think you'll be fine with them.

Top Bottom