• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

My growing Jurassic World collection..

87FYZbM.jpg

BkGLL5jh.jpg

Most are hidden in the group shot, plus I have bought some more since then.

Got a Black Series 6" Darth Vader for retail price today. Great figure, no real complaints, especially considering that I didn't have to pay a ridiculous price.

Did you guys see what the Black Series Darth Maul is going for? Jeez.

I remember I bought Maul when he first came out and then gave him away because I decided I didn't want to collect the rest of the series. I eventually changed my mind and started collecting them again and realized I made a huge mistake in giving him away

Flintty

My Figuarts Vader, trooper and diorama came today and they really do look awesome. I'll get them out of the box tomorrow and take some photos.

My first order from HLJ to UK and I'm super impressed with delivery time and packaging. Just waiting for that nasty bill from customs now...

Does anyone have experience with ordering directly from ThreeA's Bambaland store?

Shipping information seems to be a concept they're not familiar with.

Does anyone have experience with ordering directly from ThreeA's Bambaland store?

Shipping information seems to be a concept they're not familiar with.
I've ordered the Halo 4 Exclusive Recruit from them and the Exclusive Commander Shepard from Threezero's store, but neither of them have been released yet so I've yet to actually receive anything from them. I figure they'll just ship when they're ready. It was kind of nice paying up front so I don't have to worry about paying a huge bill when they're ready to ship. I know most people hate paying up front or paying non-refundable deposits, but when I settle on a figure I rarely ever change my mind.

Zerojul

Upcoming Hot Toys releases!

11194510_10152784761957344_3416675172310219426_o.jpg

Dark Knight Rises Gordon and Robin dual pack and Bones for me.

Mmmh I'm very tempted to get Arkham Bats. I'd like them to do some other designs from the Arkham series as I really, really like them. I think I've read they were working on a Joker (surprinsingly), a Harley would be nice. A Killer Croc too, but that's a very long shot I guess.

Ah it'll still be a few months before these arrive, in Canada at least.
Yeah, but I've already got Mark 43, Whiplash Mark 2 and now Bones to get with probably the Mark III Diecast coming later this year. I really hope Hulkbuster stays as a 2016 release...

Also got 3A Master Chief and Spartan Thorne on order. It's a good thing I pretty much quit Transformers collecting, yeesh.

Stopped in Toys R Us today just to see what they had, found a lone NECA '89 Batman in movie colors on the shelf. Thought it weird but snatched him up anyway. Not sure if I'll be opening him or not though.

Upcoming Hot Toys releases!

11194510_10152784761957344_3416675172310219426_o.jpg

Dark Knight Rises Gordon and Robin dual pack and Bones for me.

I really want that battle damage Robocop but I have the one that just came out and I don't feel the need for both. Ughhhhhhh can't decide if I should try to sell mine or keep it

Stopped in Toys R Us today just to see what they had, found a lone NECA '89 Batman in movie colors on the shelf. Thought it weird but snatched him up anyway. Not sure if I'll be opening him or not though.

yeah I had to buy 2 of him so I can enjoy one and keep one in package

Vyer

You're both right! They are milking the shit out of it, and yes they look awesome.

HT CEO must have cried tears of joy during Iron Man 3.

HItman84

Neo Member
To this point I don't have any Ironman figures but after seeing AoU I really want one of each of the main characters.
I'd beeing eye Silver Centurion but now I really want the looks from the most recent movie more. Just wish I'd have jumped On Pre-orders SOONER to not hurt the wallet so much all at once. IM, CA and Thor all on my list.

dat salt

People like me keep buying them so they keep making em. Their Iron Man figs are fucking cool, stop the war guys.

902236-iron-man-mark-xli-bones-010.jpg
If I just had enough money. :'( I want that Hulkbuster...

I hope ThreeA is releasing their Master Chief soon. I am so excited for that one. In addition I hope they will reveal first prototype shots of their Elite.(This one here is hoping that we will get the Arbiter. )

dankir

Wow, they are still milking the shit out of Iron Man, huh?

Well the always planned to release all the unique armors. There's still striker coming last this year and I'm hoping we get Shotgun and Hammerhead at least.

I also enjoy collecting Iron Man hot toys figures.

M18r60r.jpg

HItman84

Neo Member
Well the always planned to release all the unique armors. There's still striker coming last this year and I'm hoping we get Shotgun and Hammerhead at least.

M18r60r.jpg

And here I am conflicted on deciding on my first purchase.

Just Pre-ordered AoU Cap, want Thor and trying to decide on Silver Centurion IM, Mark 43 or
or wait for an inevitable Mark 45 from near the end of AoU.

Wanderer5

I hate to think how much $$$ all that is.:p

If there was one iron man figure I would probably get, it would be the mark 42 nendoroid.

Vidiot

Had Ganondorf and Link on Epona for a while now but I recently won an ebay auction for Fierce Deity Link (after searching for a decent price forever) and my wife got me Zelda for my birthday.

Had Ganondorf and Link on Epona for a while now but I recently won an ebay auction for Fierce Deity Link (after searching for a decent price forever) and my wife got me Zelda for my birthday.

I love that Ganondorf.
I love how it towers over everything and that sculpt is amazing.

dankir

And here I am conflicted on deciding on my first purchase.

Just Pre-ordered AoU Cap, want Thor and trying to decide on Silver Centurion IM, Mark 43 or
or wait for an inevitable Mark 45 from near the end of AoU.

Ah don't sweat it man, I started like 6 years ago and couldn't stop. Got my 58th HT coming in a week or two.

And still got the entire AoU line on PO, once you pop you can't stop!

3N16MA

Banned
Ah don't sweat it man, I started like 6 years ago and couldn't stop. Got my 58th HT coming in a week or two.

When everyone else says that they're talking about a $10 Funko POP. When you say it you're talking about a $200+ Hot Toy.

Seriously, nice collection.

Rootbeer

Banned
My late May order is shaping up to be SUPER light... and I don't like it.

I only have Revo Boba Fett this month... humph...

I am seriously considering beefing up the order by adding Revo C-3PO and/or R2...

it cracks me up how the Figuarts Star Wars sell out SUPER fast but Revo will stay in stock for months... is it a supply issue or a popularity issue? I'm sure it's somewhat both... but which is impacting it more.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My late May order is shaping up to be SUPER light... and I don't like it.

I only have Revo Boba Fett this month... humph...

I am seriously considering beefing up the order by adding Revo C-3PO and/or R2...

it cracks me up how the Figuarts Star Wars sell out SUPER fast but Revo will stay in stock for months... is it a supply issue or a popularity issue? I'm sure it's somewhat both... but which is impacting it more.

As nice as Revos are, Figma/Figuarts is where it's at! Especially with those extra bonuses like the stand Vader comes with.

so uh, since that other community got the axe, is it safe to post things like Robot Damashii in here?
Of course! Never understood why people insist on calling it that instead of Robot Spirits though. I guess using Damashii instead makes them easier to search for?

HItman84

Neo Member

6 years ago I wouldn't try to afford one HT or Sideshow figure.
Today I've got two PFs on PO as well as cap.

so uh, since that other community got the axe, is it safe to post things like Robot Damashii in here?
saw that, what the heck happenned?

Replicant

Of course! Never understood why people insist on calling it that instead of Robot Spirits though. I guess using Damashii instead makes them easier to search for?

Isn't because the line-up (usually from Bandai) is called "Chogokin Damashii" aka Soul of Super-Alloy? Thus Soul of Chogokin or Soul Robots. :D

Speaking of, I need Gunbuster from Gunbuster and Leo Aiola from Saint Seiya. I can't believe how quickly their pre-order were sold out.

Replicant

Ha ha welcome to the Saint Seiya preorder dimension, where stuff actually sell out before they go on pre-order :D

I don't understand what Bandai stand to gain from under-produced them. It's like they hate money. :p

This and Asuka Shikinami from Hobby Japan are my main target now.

I woke up today feeling a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced, weird, maybe just my imagination...

I don't understand what Bandai stand to gain from under-produced them. It's like they hate money. :p

This and Asuka Shikinami from Hobby Japan are my main target now.
Bandai works in mysterious ways, mysterious and stupid. Is good to have another Saint Seiya fan/collector here.
Also you can suffer with us, know that even knowing when pre-orders are starting, or even being in front of your computer at the right moment, the figure might get sold out in front of your eyes, stressful stuff this Saint Seiya Soul of Gold figures thing.
In other news, anybody got their Figuarts Vader and Storm Troopers? Impressions pictures? Mine are still on the way since I always select cheap shipping.

Top Bottom